Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Site Issues 23:27 - Aug 7 with 37369 viewsPhil_S

Replacing the questions issue with this one. Have been away for a few days so could do with a summary of what issues people are still having with the site and I'll get back on what I can get changed.

Please try not to repeat issues already reported in the thread.
Site Issues on 19:56 - Aug 16 with 5682 viewsexiledclaseboy

Site Issues on 19:41 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

Database has been restored just finding a suitable host for it now

Get on with it then.

Poll: Tory leader

Site Issues on 20:20 - Aug 16 with 5662 viewsswanny

I don't like the font...sorry :( (it's my old eyes)

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Site Issues on 20:22 - Aug 16 with 5660 viewsexiledclaseboy

Site Issues on 20:20 - Aug 16 by swanny

I don't like the font...sorry :( (it's my old eyes)

The font is small. But I've taken a vow to stop moaning otherwise I think the next time I see Phil he's gonna kick my head in.

Poll: Tory leader

Site Issues on 21:41 - Aug 16 with 5639 viewsswanny

Site Issues on 20:22 - Aug 16 by exiledclaseboy

The font is small. But I've taken a vow to stop moaning otherwise I think the next time I see Phil he's gonna kick my head in.

well, I'm still here aren't I :D

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Site Issues on 21:43 - Aug 16 with 5638 viewsPhil_S

Site Issues on 19:56 - Aug 16 by exiledclaseboy

Get on with it then.

Edited by Darran for legal reasons

This post has been edited by an administrator
Site Issues on 21:45 - Aug 16 with 5677 viewsDarran

Site Issues on 21:43 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

Thanks a f*cking lot for that I asked for it to be kept quiet.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Site Issues on 21:50 - Aug 16 with 5674 viewsPhil_S

Site Issues on 21:45 - Aug 16 by Darran

Site Issues on 22:41 - Aug 17 with 5593 viewsaspas45

Why are there blurred stuck repeated videos of QPR versus swansea first game of last season at 2-0 on every post?

There seems to be a virus. Can this be fixed?

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

Site Issues on 12:55 - Aug 20 with 5516 viewsLord_Bony

I agree.

Let's see ALL POSTS ON ONE PAGE.

Makes it so much more interesting and informative.

You could have a tag on the post indicating if it's Football only or Everything else etc.

Put them in chronolgical order as before and this would make a huge difference to the feel of the site as you could quickly find things of interest according to ones own personal taste rather than clicking on this or that section which is archaic.

Looking forward to the changes and hope this site evolves to attract not repel readers.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Site Issues on 15:47 - Aug 20 with 5494 viewsIce_Tea

Still lots of features which are inferior to the old Plant Swans message board. There is an old saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth. We're not required to pay for this service, and Phil does not get paid for all the time and effort he put into it. The site then gets heavy, but I feel justified, criticism from the likes of me.

I know we don't have much to learn from the magenta birds up the road, but the interface and facilities on MM's board (run by fudforum.org) are far better. Although, they might be more costly. Who knows.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 15:49]
Site Issues on 16:31 - Aug 21 with 5432 viewsDafyddHuw

Site Issues on 20:05 - Aug 13 by PureRockFury

I know I'm repeating an issue here, but it can't be said enough. The ability to selectively highlight text in a quotation, or even in your own post, via basic formatting (italics, bold etc) is, in my mind, absolutely fundamental to what is still, despite all the images/video/smilies, a text-based format. To not have any kind of formatting for the text is prehistoric.

I note the Support guy responded by saying he didn't like the idea of bright colours all over the place, well, how about just giving us the option to bold text and use underlining and itallics? Hardly going to turn the site into an explosion at a skittles factory, but would at least give us some kind of C21st functionality to be getting on with.

Absolutely. Why are we going backwards? And why does the support guy keep telling us what we should have rather than what we want?
Site Issues on 02:54 - Aug 22 with 5379 viewsJackDownUnder

1) Should have the option to choose how many posts you display per page, For example 10 per page 20 per page or ALL.

2) how long will it be before a mobile version, always want to post during matches but don't want to risk upsetting the stream. The current site on mobile is difficult to use.

3) Need to get Phil wound up on the background pic at least take the image into Paintshop or something and apply a transparency of say 60% to the background image, that's a quick fix or reduce the transparency on the menu buttons bar to say 20%, cant tell if i am clicking on the letter 'e' or a bunch of jacks going early to the exits!
Site Issues on 08:40 - Aug 22 with 5340 viewsMattG

The blog pages don't seem to work. There's a link to Uxbridge's debut blog on the front page of the site but the page it brings up is pretty much blank apart from adverts.
Site Issues on 15:41 - Aug 22 with 5304 viewsW_Hunt

Site Issues on 21:45 - Aug 16 by Darran

Don't worry Dar - hardly any f*cker reads this forum anyway...
Site Issues on 15:59 - Aug 22 with 5296 viewsorion3016

Be interested to learn latest site stats & usage compared to old ps

It seems awfully quiet here

Be over there now after

Site Issues on 08:29 - Aug 23 with 5244 viewsperchrockjack

I have to reset a password every time I come on here.
Very irritating

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Site Issues on 11:30 - Aug 23 with 5228 viewsstonedroller

most football fans aren't that tech savvy imo, there's a small handful that can work their way around a new styled forum with ease, then there's the majority of people who bought laptops/pcs/smartphones just so they can access twitter/facebook, these people moan that facebook changes slightly now and then, so i dread to think whats going on in their uneducated minds when trying to find their way around this site, i assume they are still here, just not knowing what the hell to do.

A forum imo is all about the topics/replies/banter and not about what extra features it has.. it looks like the webmaster has thought more about the features and less about the way the forum works.

Its like stepping in a time warp here, even montys freeforums swansbanter site was easier to use that this place, you can talk about the traffic costs ect but thats the price of running the biggest swans fans forum, if you couldn't afford it you should have found someone to invest and make this place better, not cut your losses and joined up with some random bloke who's probably got nothing to do with swansea, he can't even make a search function work let alone give us anything that we were used to on the old forums.

All in all its proven a bad move and there's feck all you can do about it.
Site Issues on 13:00 - Aug 23 with 5211 viewsfbreath

This site does appear to have a lot less posts than the other site.

There could be a danger of losing posters if they haven't already gone elsewhere.

The site is like early versions of windows or other tech where they use customers to find the bugs in the software.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Site Issues on 10:51 - Aug 24 with 5139 viewsSpratty

Site Issues on 18:54 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

Some good news on the horizon - many of the features requested are currently in testing and will go live on the site shortly.

watch this space.

Message timed at 18.54

Any information on any progress Phil? Is testing completed - have you involved any users to make sure what is being developed is what is required

What exactly is being worked on, when is it planned to go live

Anything being planned to sort out the archaic layout / Presentation / lack of formatting capability etc.

Thanks
Site Issues on 09:29 - Aug 25 with 5098 viewsPhil_S

Site Issues on 10:51 - Aug 24 by Spratty

Any information on any progress Phil? Is testing completed - have you involved any users to make sure what is being developed is what is required

What exactly is being worked on, when is it planned to go live

Anything being planned to sort out the archaic layout / Presentation / lack of formatting capability etc.

Thanks

I'm on a different laptop today so don't have the exact list of what is being worked on so apologies if I say things on here that maybe isn't the comprehensive list but going live in the next few days should be a host of features that have been asked for in this thread. As I said, from memory

* Ability to jump to the last unread post in a topic
* Icons to show what topics you have posted on
* Removal of the thread facility that people have the choice to view as
* Search facility to be fixed
* After posting return to topic/forum viewing rather than main index page
* Links to 'view my posts' and I believe 'view all posts' which will effectively combine all forums for those that want it
* Italics, bold and underline options

I'm fairly certain there are other things that are being added but off top of my head those ones spring to mind. Someone on here mentioned avatars I think there (maybe not immediately) will be an option to be ablt to switch if you want it on the left or right hand side of the page.

If I remember when I get back from Spurs I'll have a look at more of the list that I have.
Site Issues on 01:12 - Aug 27 with 5054 viewsSpratty

Bump Phil can you re pin this please. It was unpinned on your last post as far as I can tell.

Thanks
Site Issues on 10:03 - Aug 27 with 5013 viewsSpratty

Site Issues on 01:12 - Aug 27 by Spratty

Bump Phil can you re pin this please. It was unpinned on your last post as far as I can tell.

Thanks

Site Issues on 10:31 - Aug 27 with 5002 viewsUxbridge

I'm far too lazy to read the rest of the posts on this thread, but my list of things currently gripping my sh!t ...

Being kicked out of the forum/thread after making a post.
Seem to have to log in on a daily basis. Don't think the issue is at my end as have same issue on different devices.
Nice to be able to change number of posts per page.
Unable to edit the post you're replying to.
On the blog page, it'd be good if you could reply to specific replies rather than just add to the end.
Any chance of a mobile view? Tapatalk would be splendid.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Site Issues on 19:58 - Aug 27 with 4963 viewsc00lj4ck

Does an error #40 make you auto-op?

Will bring own CSS(8ish) on next reply (wish)!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 20:00]
Site Issues on 20:19 - Aug 27 with 4948 viewsOldjack

Colour up the deluded ones

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024