Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England's bracket, and Wales' bracket 22:30 - Jun 20 with 12583 viewsTummer_from_Texas

England's likely path from here on out:

2nd: Portugal or Iceland
QF: very likely France
Semis: likely the Germany (assuming they win their group)/Italy winner

Wales' path:

2nd: hopefully Albania or Northern Ireland
QF: Belgium is worst case scenario
Semis: likely Spain or Switzerland

This just underscores what a huge favour Slovakia has done for Wales, just by hanging on against England.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 22:48 - Jun 20 with 4700 viewsmonmouth

England will almost certainly get Hungary or Iceland. Given Belgium are the highest ranked european team and p*ssed on ROI, I don't see the euphoria in the future aspect of this to be honest. Belgium won't be any easier than France in a QF game. If we get to the QF it's a fantastic achievement. If we get any futher it would be a bloody miracle.

Where I DO get the euphoria and feel it myself x100 is that we topped the group, ahead of the c***s, and after all the shit I took on Friday, the tossers still couldn't seal the deal. That fact is enough for me to celebrate for a long time. Group winners at Euro 2016. What comes next doesn't concern me until Saturday, and anyone who thinks we now have it easy is falling into the trap the w*nky english did.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 22:48 - Jun 20 with 4702 viewsFar_Post

Anythings a bonus for us now. To make the quarter finals would be fantastic. Would love to see us have a crack at the Germans at some stage.

Blog: The C Word

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 22:55 - Jun 20 with 4656 viewsTummer_from_Texas

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 22:48 - Jun 20 by Far_Post

Anythings a bonus for us now. To make the quarter finals would be fantastic. Would love to see us have a crack at the Germans at some stage.

I'd love a crack at Germany too, since it would most likely be in the Finals.

One nightmare scenario though: Germany loses to Northern Ireland tomorrow, knocking them down to 3rd...

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 23:05 - Jun 20 with 4615 viewsGlyn1

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 22:55 - Jun 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'd love a crack at Germany too, since it would most likely be in the Finals.

One nightmare scenario though: Germany loses to Northern Ireland tomorrow, knocking them down to 3rd...

We're in the last 16 - all of our opponents will be tough, and that's fine.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 23:10 - Jun 20 with 4573 viewsItchySphincter

Don't agree with the OP - no one done us any favours.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 23:26 - Jun 20 with 4524 viewsdailew

England, Italy, France, and most probably Germany in the other half of the draw.

Four of the strongest looking sides so far.

Croatia beat Spain and it puts Spain in the bottom half of the draw as well.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 23:30]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:03 - Jun 21 with 4403 viewsSwansNZ

How do they work out which of the 3rd place teams in groups ACD we play?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:08 - Jun 21 with 4378 viewsJackFish

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:03 - Jun 21 by SwansNZ

How do they work out which of the 3rd place teams in groups ACD we play?

Depends which combination of groups produce a best third placed team. If Albania get through it'll be them, otherwise whoever comes from Group D. We only get third from Group C if neither group A or D qualify. Apparently.
Login to get fewer ads

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:10 - Jun 21 with 4368 viewsSwansNZ

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:08 - Jun 21 by JackFish

Depends which combination of groups produce a best third placed team. If Albania get through it'll be them, otherwise whoever comes from Group D. We only get third from Group C if neither group A or D qualify. Apparently.

Geez, you've got to be Stephen Hawkin to understand this.
or, I'm just stoopid

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:13 - Jun 21 with 4353 viewsmonmouth

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:10 - Jun 21 by SwansNZ

Geez, you've got to be Stephen Hawkin to understand this.
or, I'm just stoopid

Have a look at the wiki page on Euro 2016, it's very good and gives the options. It really does depend on the which groups the best four third place teams come from. Not like us, Group Winners like. Just thought I'd mention it.

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:23 - Jun 21 with 4312 viewsSwansNZ

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:13 - Jun 21 by monmouth

Have a look at the wiki page on Euro 2016, it's very good and gives the options. It really does depend on the which groups the best four third place teams come from. Not like us, Group Winners like. Just thought I'd mention it.

OK, that does show it good.

So it’s not that we will play the best of the 3rd place teams or 2nd worst or anything like that, but plain and “simple” depending on which combination of pools the 4 best 3rd place teams come out of.

Group Winners eh, who’d have thunk it.

Neil Taylor is equal 6th top goal scorer at the tournament.

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:41 - Jun 21 with 4265 viewsbennytee

This shows it quite well, from what I can see from an odds perspective it's going to be Albania, maybe. Or not. Christ it's complicated
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 0:43]
England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:46 - Jun 21 with 4245 viewsdailew

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:41 - Jun 21 by bennytee

This shows it quite well, from what I can see from an odds perspective it's going to be Albania, maybe. Or not. Christ it's complicated
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 0:43]

For Albania to go through, Slovakia must also go through.

So

A C D E
A C D F
A C E F
A D E F

no longer possible.

So five possibilities give us Albania, five group D, and one group C (could be Germany !!)

[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 0:48]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:54 - Jun 21 with 4216 viewsmonmouth

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:46 - Jun 21 by dailew

So

A C D E
A C D F
A C E F
A D E F

no longer possible.

So five possibilities give us Albania, five group D, and one group C (could be Germany !!)

Bigger danger is definitely that it's Croatia. If they lose to spain and Czechs beat the turks that would bring it all down to goal difference and the other lottery tombola criteria. Slovakia will go through; Albania are through (edit - oh no I've got that wrong doh!). We just need it to be one of the combinations to give us the 3A game. I was chilled, but that Croatia possibility is a little too possible..

Still, that's for tomorrow and Wednesday, not now, Still buzzing and wide awake. Another glass I think.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 0:57]

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 04:33 - Jun 21 with 4098 viewsGlyn1

We may not know yet who we're going to play but we do know when and where we're going to play.

Saturday 25 June 5 p.m. Parc des Princes stadium, Paris.

We'll have had more rest days than whoever our opponents are as well.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 06:53 - Jun 21 with 4015 viewspikeypaul

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 04:33 - Jun 21 by Glyn1

We may not know yet who we're going to play but we do know when and where we're going to play.

Saturday 25 June 5 p.m. Parc des Princes stadium, Paris.

We'll have had more rest days than whoever our opponents are as well.

Not if its Albania.

I can still see it being czech rep for us.

Croatia play out a draw with Spain which suits both.

Czechs beat Turkey.

Albania 3 pts minus 2 goal diff will not qualify

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 08:10 - Jun 21 with 3894 viewsHighjack

The only frustration is if we'd just held out for another 30 seconds against England they'd probably be booking a flight home this morning.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 12:25 - Jun 21 with 3704 viewsAl_Bundy

Don't think Wales will be playing Albania.. Northern Ireland will have to lose 3-0 today for that to happen.

If Northern Ireland lose 2-0 they will still be better placed than Albania

However a win for the Czech Republic will trump both Albania and the Irish if NI lose today.

If Coatia lose to Spain and the Czechs win then it will be down to goal difference between those for 3rd place.

Would like to play NI so hoping they don't get hammered today and the Czechs draw or lose.

Very outside chance Turkey beating Czechs by 3+ could get third with NI getting well beaten as well
England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 13:33 - Jun 21 with 3631 viewsJackFish

I don't except either Ireland or Sweden to win tomorrow, in which case Albania only need to finish above one other group to make it through. Easily done with either a narrow Turkish win or draw tonight, or two winners in the final group F games.
England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 14:52 - Jun 21 with 3534 viewsDrizzy

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 22:48 - Jun 20 by monmouth

England will almost certainly get Hungary or Iceland. Given Belgium are the highest ranked european team and p*ssed on ROI, I don't see the euphoria in the future aspect of this to be honest. Belgium won't be any easier than France in a QF game. If we get to the QF it's a fantastic achievement. If we get any futher it would be a bloody miracle.

Where I DO get the euphoria and feel it myself x100 is that we topped the group, ahead of the c***s, and after all the shit I took on Friday, the tossers still couldn't seal the deal. That fact is enough for me to celebrate for a long time. Group winners at Euro 2016. What comes next doesn't concern me until Saturday, and anyone who thinks we now have it easy is falling into the trap the w*nky english did.

The same Belgium we beat in qualifying?

Bring them on.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 15:09 - Jun 21 with 3513 viewssully49

It matters not who we play, after last night the team and our fantastic fans, played as one. Every game from here on is the biggest, uncharted history for all of us, every game is a fully earned bonus. Truly this team of players are heroes and are living the dream and we're riding in their wake.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 16:55 - Jun 21 with 3440 viewsmonmouth

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 14:52 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

The same Belgium we beat in qualifying?

Bring them on.

Aye we did. I'm not saying we couldn't beat them though, I'm saying they are not an easier draw. Couldn't agree more about bring them on, whoever they are. Genuine cup football now, anything could happen.

Edit - but it would still be a bloody miracle!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 17:01]

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 18:52 - Jun 21 with 3363 viewssherpajacob

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 00:46 - Jun 21 by dailew

So

A C D E
A C D F
A C E F
A D E F

no longer possible.

I've got it now that there are 7 permutations left

2 Albania
1 northern Ireland
4 group D team.

I think?. To be updated at 10pm.

Plus Slovakia now definitely through.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 18:54]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 19:27 - Jun 21 with 3286 viewsJackFish

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 18:52 - Jun 21 by sherpajacob

I've got it now that there are 7 permutations left

2 Albania
1 northern Ireland
4 group D team.

I think?. To be updated at 10pm.

Plus Slovakia now definitely through.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 18:54]

According to Wikipedia, if a team makes it through from group D we play them, otherwise Albania. If they don't make it either, it's Northern Ireland.
England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 19:32 - Jun 21 with 3277 viewsJoe_bradshaw

England's bracket, and Wales' bracket on 19:27 - Jun 21 by JackFish

According to Wikipedia, if a team makes it through from group D we play them, otherwise Albania. If they don't make it either, it's Northern Ireland.

So Croatia are the most dangerous opponents we could have. We need them to get a result against Spain or Turkey to get a result against the Czech republic to avoid them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024