Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong 21:21 - Jan 11 with 6388 viewsCopaMundial

Genuinely interested to know what peoples opinions are
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:22 - Jan 11 with 3319 viewsNeath_Jack

During or straight after the first international break of the season.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:24 - Jan 11 with 3306 viewsjamieswan78

Not replacing Bony.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:26 - Jan 11 with 3275 viewsVetchitBack

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:26 - Jan 11 with 3272 viewsjack247

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:24 - Jan 11 by jamieswan78

Not replacing Bony.

Yes. We papered over the cracks for quite a long time in fairness, by devising a system that got the best out of Gomis and Shelvey. As soon as that got worked out though, we just became devoid of ideas and easy to play against.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:28 - Jan 11 with 3247 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

When things started changing with Laudrup, reading between the lines that was when we saw a big split in the club and Monk seems to have been part of it. Then we shifted towards the Board having more and more influence on the pitch.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:31 - Jan 11 with 3203 viewsSwanjaxs

When Jenkins & Co started a jobs for the boys culture from top to bottom on the coaching side....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:35 - Jan 11 with 3151 viewsOldjack

Leicester at home they mullered us good and proper like could have easily been 6-8 nil and i ain't see that for a very long time, but the signs were there at Watford we just couldn't create chances game after game

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:36 - Jan 11 with 3146 viewspencoedjack

Watford away.

Still believe if we had won that day things would be much different ( for them & us)
Login to get fewer ads

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:37 - Jan 11 with 3128 viewsAnotherJohn

Don't know for sure, but I worry it was when a clique of senior players started getting too powerful when Laudrup was manager. One can speculate that this took a while to work through but had a highly negative impact. Without that we could have had a better transition from the original promotion squad to a settled PL standard squad, but getting rid of all the Spaniards so quickly damaged us.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:38 - Jan 11 with 3112 viewsGowerjack

When the PL millions started turning peoples heads.

The split in the camp under ML.

Paying dividends.

Appointing Monk.

Spending too much on the Academy & Fairwood.

Flirting with American investors.

Refusing to support the Trust.

Buying poor quality ( and expensive) players.

At All of these points ( and many more) was when it started going wrong.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:40 - Jan 11 with 3101 viewsThornburyswan

Around the time Monk blocked that shot @ Wembley to keep us 3-2 up vs Reading, if that had gone in I suspect we'd have lost, stayed in the Championship & not spent all that £££££s on our facilities.

Here we are almost 5 years later & we've not enjoyed any of it ;-)
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:42 - Jan 11 with 3087 viewsploppy

When we changed our style of play to accommodate JJS.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:46 - Jan 11 with 3060 viewsCopaMundial

Certainly on the field I felt the appointment of Monk was the start.Monk never struck me as the type who was comfortable having to give previous managers credit for where we were,it was all about him and any success we achieved was going to be all down to him,hence his belief that we needed a plan B when there was nothing wrong with plan A.

Ten years of hard work down the pan in eighteen months in an attempt to prove he was the next bright thing
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:48 - Jan 11 with 3041 viewsdazdec197296

When Brendan Rogers left.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:52 - Jan 11 with 3007 viewsjack247

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:46 - Jan 11 by CopaMundial

Certainly on the field I felt the appointment of Monk was the start.Monk never struck me as the type who was comfortable having to give previous managers credit for where we were,it was all about him and any success we achieved was going to be all down to him,hence his belief that we needed a plan B when there was nothing wrong with plan A.

Ten years of hard work down the pan in eighteen months in an attempt to prove he was the next bright thing

'Needed a plan B when there was nothing wrong with plan A'

That sums it up perfectly.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:52 - Jan 11 with 3004 viewslifelong

Another depressing thread, bloody hell it's getting mundane on here.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:55 - Jan 11 with 2981 viewsmonmouth

It hasn't gone wrong. We couldn't keep striking it lucky, which doesn't mean it won't again, and we should still be proud of the way we are trying to compete with a sane model.

We are to all intents and purposes a little lost in losing circumstances just now. To quote Neath Jack's excellent summary, the PL is a c*nt for a proper football club rather than a toy, or a megalomaniacs money laundering vehicle.

If you're asking where did our current white knuckle section of the roller coaster start, I'm not one to apportion blame but it's Monks fault.

No really, when he forgot his promise to build on defensive solidity with attacking flair and develop the Swansea passing style. In essence forgot he was, like all of us, just a little farty and thought he was a managerial genius and had invented a better way by abandoning everything we hold dear. Plus of course surrounding himself with the three unwise monkeys. And no, I wasnt complaining when we came 8th but we are looking backwards with perfect hindsight on this one yes?

If I had to pick an exact point in time when it started going tits up it would be when he first used the phrase 'game management' after he'd 'earned the right to wear the suit'.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 21:57]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:59 - Jan 11 with 2962 viewsTheKirkyLife

It was that first international break. No recovering from that and Monk didn't react harshly enough. That said, seeing who he turned to eventually, would only have led to his sacking earlier.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 22:03 - Jan 11 with 2915 viewsdickythorpe

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 22:04 - Jan 11 with 2908 viewsTNT

When James Thomas scored that hat-trick against Hull.

Lenny Johnrose can take some of the blame too.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 22:04 - Jan 11 with 2908 viewsblaine_scfc

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:55 - Jan 11 by monmouth

It hasn't gone wrong. We couldn't keep striking it lucky, which doesn't mean it won't again, and we should still be proud of the way we are trying to compete with a sane model.

We are to all intents and purposes a little lost in losing circumstances just now. To quote Neath Jack's excellent summary, the PL is a c*nt for a proper football club rather than a toy, or a megalomaniacs money laundering vehicle.

If you're asking where did our current white knuckle section of the roller coaster start, I'm not one to apportion blame but it's Monks fault.

No really, when he forgot his promise to build on defensive solidity with attacking flair and develop the Swansea passing style. In essence forgot he was, like all of us, just a little farty and thought he was a managerial genius and had invented a better way by abandoning everything we hold dear. Plus of course surrounding himself with the three unwise monkeys. And no, I wasnt complaining when we came 8th but we are looking backwards with perfect hindsight on this one yes?

If I had to pick an exact point in time when it started going tits up it would be when he first used the phrase 'game management' after he'd 'earned the right to wear the suit'.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 21:57]

Agree with all of this 100%
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 22:04 - Jan 11 with 2902 viewsImAlrightJack

The new backroom staff that later left; during their time our attack dried up

Teams finding us out in regards to our system to compensate for Bony

The way Laudrup was sacked, has made us a club nobody wants to manage, apart from current employees at the time

Operating on a shoestring; like the old Wimbledon, they operated on one for ages before in the long run they got caught out, which is possibly happening to us

Seriously though, it feels like we've wasted money on establishing ourselves in this league due to how it all could end in May.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 22:16 - Jan 11 with 2847 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The 4-4-2 experiment against Villareal
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 22:21]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 22:16 - Jan 11 with 2843 viewsLeonisGod

At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 21:48 - Jan 11 by dazdec197296

When Brendan Rogers left.

That's closer than a lot of people would like to admit. Laudrup's first 6 months built on those foundations (he did brilliantly, don't get me wrong) but then he couldn't sustain it. Garry managed to grind out results last season but the play for long spells was fairly poor to watch.

It depends on what 'started to go wrong' means. If it means results, then start sept onwards. If it means when we moved away from our uniqueness then it's been a lot longer.
At what point do people believe things started to go wrong on 22:25 - Jan 11 with 2766 viewsstevethejack

Watford away. They had 10 men from 60 minutes and we couldn't take advantage and win the game.

Very worried coming away from that game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024