Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
two labradoodles free to a good home 21:35 - Mar 13 with 2201 viewsjacksutd

9mths old sadly the owner passed away
two labradoodles free to a good home on 23:23 - Mar 13 with 1772 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

They are more likely to end up in very poor hands if you give them away for nothing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

two labradoodles free to a good home on 23:28 - Mar 13 with 1767 viewsBigPhilG

two labradoodles free to a good home on 23:23 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They are more likely to end up in very poor hands if you give them away for nothing.

Take a day off
two labradoodles free to a good home on 06:56 - Mar 14 with 1693 viewsTrundle10

two labradoodles free to a good home on 23:23 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What a stupid comment
two labradoodles free to a good home on 07:47 - Mar 14 with 1663 viewsE20Jack

two labradoodles free to a good home on 06:56 - Mar 14 by Trundle10

What a stupid comment

He has a point as it goes. The amount of dogs being stolen and taken for free and then used as bait for their dog fighting training is alarming, South Wales is no exception.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

two labradoodles free to a good home on 08:09 - Mar 14 with 1638 viewsSwanzay

Assuming you live in Swansea, take them to the nearest rescue center, Dogs Trust, Many Tears etc. That way potential new owners can be properly vetted.
two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:01 - Mar 14 with 1575 viewsTrundle10

two labradoodles free to a good home on 07:47 - Mar 14 by E20Jack

He has a point as it goes. The amount of dogs being stolen and taken for free and then used as bait for their dog fighting training is alarming, South Wales is no exception.

Hyperbole. To another level.
two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:19 - Mar 14 with 1557 viewsswanjackal

If I didn't have a jealous jack, I wouldn't think twice. Hope they get a good home. Then again I am a terrible owner, as I resuced my dog from 3 weeks old and now she is till healthy as ever at 13+, but had her for free. I'm such a bastard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:33 - Mar 14 with 1537 viewslondonlisa2001

two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:19 - Mar 14 by swanjackal

If I didn't have a jealous jack, I wouldn't think twice. Hope they get a good home. Then again I am a terrible owner, as I resuced my dog from 3 weeks old and now she is till healthy as ever at 13+, but had her for free. I'm such a bastard.

Very poor hands.

Your poor dog.
Login to get fewer ads

two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:42 - Mar 14 with 1523 viewsE20Jack

two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:01 - Mar 14 by Trundle10

Hyperbole. To another level.

Then you are very sheltered.

two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:43 - Mar 14 with 1520 viewslondonlisa2001

two labradoodles free to a good home on 07:47 - Mar 14 by E20Jack

Someone looking for a dog to use like that is more likely to nick one than to scour a football message board on the off chance I would think.

You're right that it's a problem though - there are (apparently, as this is according to the trainer who runs the puppy class my little one goes to) vans driving around London stealing dogs that are tied up outside shops and so on and selling them on, both for fighting and also for animal testing.

It's shocking.

The way some people abuse animals is unbelievable to me. Yesterday, walking our pup in Holland Park, a pair of twin boys, about 3 or 4 years old, were jumping towards and screaming at dogs as they walked past, and one of the little runts just walked up to and kicked a small dog in front of us. They were also trying to stamp on birds. Their mother just watched. I pointed out to her as the little git then screamed at our puppy, that if she is happy to raise a psychopath that's up to her, but if one of the dogs turned round and bit her little one, it was completely her fault.

If he had kicked my puppy then I would have kicked him. The woman whose dog it was that was kicked, came close to smacking the mother, and she would have been backed up by half a dozen other dog owners if anything had happened. Just incredible. I'll guarantee that kid will turn into a piece of crap adult.
two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:59 - Mar 14 with 1505 viewsE20Jack

two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:43 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

Someone looking for a dog to use like that is more likely to nick one than to scour a football message board on the off chance I would think.

You're right that it's a problem though - there are (apparently, as this is according to the trainer who runs the puppy class my little one goes to) vans driving around London stealing dogs that are tied up outside shops and so on and selling them on, both for fighting and also for animal testing.

It's shocking.

The way some people abuse animals is unbelievable to me. Yesterday, walking our pup in Holland Park, a pair of twin boys, about 3 or 4 years old, were jumping towards and screaming at dogs as they walked past, and one of the little runts just walked up to and kicked a small dog in front of us. They were also trying to stamp on birds. Their mother just watched. I pointed out to her as the little git then screamed at our puppy, that if she is happy to raise a psychopath that's up to her, but if one of the dogs turned round and bit her little one, it was completely her fault.

If he had kicked my puppy then I would have kicked him. The woman whose dog it was that was kicked, came close to smacking the mother, and she would have been backed up by half a dozen other dog owners if anything had happened. Just incredible. I'll guarantee that kid will turn into a piece of crap adult.

Its awful Lisa. I am not saying that people will be trawling through football messageboards for dogs but the point is these people are from all walks of life, people posting or reading this forum may well be in to this sort of thing or a friend they know may be and is looking for dogs. It is a PL messageboard after all and it gets millions of views a year. Just a word of warning more than anything for the OP who may not be aware of this.

Not far from me there was a dogfighting ring and it was incredibky well drilled. They would have scouts sent out in the day and properties would be marked for the night where dogs were due to be stolen. It was something like red mark for bait dogs and black mark for potential fighers. The bait dogs are used as practice for the fight dogs and are absolutely ripped apart by them, while the fighting dogs are tortured and tormented to make them as aggressive as possible. Its uterly sickening and as a close friend of mine who is a police officer in the Chelsea area says it is on the rise. Keep your pooches safe at all times Lisa, although I am sure you do anyway.

two labradoodles free to a good home on 11:00 - Mar 14 with 1495 viewsDarran

two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:43 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

It's shocking.

Are they only being advertised for free on a football message board then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

two labradoodles free to a good home on 11:05 - Mar 14 with 1486 viewslondonlisa2001

two labradoodles free to a good home on 10:59 - Mar 14 by E20Jack

Its awful Lisa. I am not saying that people will be trawling through football messageboards for dogs but the point is these people are from all walks of life, people posting or reading this forum may well be in to this sort of thing or a friend they know may be and is looking for dogs. It is a PL messageboard after all and it gets millions of views a year. Just a word of warning more than anything for the OP who may not be aware of this.

Not far from me there was a dogfighting ring and it was incredibky well drilled. They would have scouts sent out in the day and properties would be marked for the night where dogs were due to be stolen. It was something like red mark for bait dogs and black mark for potential fighers. The bait dogs are used as practice for the fight dogs and are absolutely ripped apart by them, while the fighting dogs are tortured and tormented to make them as aggressive as possible. Its uterly sickening and as a close friend of mine who is a police officer in the Chelsea area says it is on the rise. Keep your pooches safe at all times Lisa, although I am sure you do anyway.

I do.

I have to say though, that until the trainer told us about it, it wouldn't have occurred to me that dogs were being stolen in large numbers.

I wouldn't leave mine tied up outside a shop anyway because she'd create chaos :-)
two labradoodles free to a good home on 11:18 - Mar 14 with 1472 viewsCountyJim

When we had our last dog from RSPCA they said that's why you have to go through all the palaver couple visit's home visit and the 160 odd fee to stop them being used for Dog fighting
two labradoodles free to a good home on 11:57 - Mar 14 with 1430 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is clear to see why this is such a big problem when so many dog owners are unaware of what is happening around them.

I only spent four weeks volunteering in a vets but saw many dogs brought in by the public that had been found, often in Penlan, attacked and whom the vet and nurses suspected were victims of the dog fighting community.

Giving away two dogs for free is definitely a bad idea. Charge something to deter the criminals and scalpers, even if it is just a fraction of their worth. Donate it to the PDSA or Llys Nini if you are after no profit.

I am truly amazed my original comment was deemed laughable.

two labradoodles free to a good home on 12:26 - Mar 14 with 1403 viewsnantywatcher

two labradoodles free to a good home on 11:57 - Mar 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is clear to see why this is such a big problem when so many dog owners are unaware of what is happening around them.

I only spent four weeks volunteering in a vets but saw many dogs brought in by the public that had been found, often in Penlan, attacked and whom the vet and nurses suspected were victims of the dog fighting community.

Giving away two dogs for free is definitely a bad idea. Charge something to deter the criminals and scalpers, even if it is just a fraction of their worth. Donate it to the PDSA or Llys Nini if you are after no profit.

I am truly amazed my original comment was deemed laughable.

I agreed with your original comment. people need to be vetted carefully before owning a dog of any kind, and don't get me started on dog breeding as a form of income!!
two labradoodles free to a good home on 12:59 - Mar 14 with 1365 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm surprised that people are having a go at Dwight over this one.

If someone is offered something for nothing, there is a good chance they will take it, just for the sake of having it, whereas if they had to pay, then it would make them think twice and discourage a lot of people who don't really want them.

I'ts a no-brainer.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:04 - Mar 14 with 1351 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

two labradoodles free to a good home on 12:59 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

I'm surprised that people are having a go at Dwight over this one.

If someone is offered something for nothing, there is a good chance they will take it, just for the sake of having it, whereas if they had to pay, then it would make them think twice and discourage a lot of people who don't really want them.

I'ts a no-brainer.

Some people are obsessed with me.

Lisa mocked my comment earlier in the thread then later agrees with it when somebody else suggests it is a bad idea.

She is apparently a very intelligent lady too. Obsession can make the best of us look very strange.

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:42 - Mar 14 with 1314 viewslondonlisa2001

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:04 - Mar 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Some people are obsessed with me.

Lisa mocked my comment earlier in the thread then later agrees with it when somebody else suggests it is a bad idea.

She is apparently a very intelligent lady too. Obsession can make the best of us look very strange.

I didn't remotely mock your comment. I teased another poster who was mocking your comment.

In my post on the topic I didn't mention your comment.

Don't flatter yourself Dwight, you seem to believe I find you something to obsess over whereas the reality is I simply find you boring.
two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:45 - Mar 14 with 1306 viewsLohengrin

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:42 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

I didn't remotely mock your comment. I teased another poster who was mocking your comment.

Don't flatter yourself Dwight, you seem to believe I find you something to obsess over whereas the reality is I simply find you boring.

Ouch!!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:46 - Mar 14 with 1304 viewsperchrockjack

People are strange
When you re a stranger

Women are wicked when you re unwanted

Anyway, I'm with Lisa here.

I saw some quite horrendous abuse whilst in plod. Mastiffs kept on thirteenth floor of flats etc

I came close to severly tw@atting these shites who own these poor bugger

Daughter has a Malinois and is basically. Baby substitute at present and loved to death.

These type of dogs, if left for extended periods ,or mistreated or even ignored will be truly dangerous

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:51 - Mar 14 with 1294 viewslondonlisa2001

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:45 - Mar 14 by Lohengrin

Ouch!!

Oh well honestly, he isn't half tedious at times. I'm pretty sure it's his aim, so in many ways I'm complimenting him.
two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:51 - Mar 14 with 1294 viewsDarran

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:42 - Mar 14 by londonlisa2001

I think you fancy him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:53 - Mar 14 with 1286 viewslondonlisa2001

two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:51 - Mar 14 by Darran

I think you fancy him.

Of course.
two labradoodles free to a good home on 13:56 - Mar 14 with 1279 viewsjack247

Dwight makes a lot of sense on this thread. It's like the little boy who cried wolf when he does make genuine good points. Agree with him completely. It's more likely that the dogs will be picked up by someone ill equipped to look after them and end up neglected than in a dog fighting ring, but I'd definitely agree, either take them to the dogs home, or sell them and donate to Llys Nini rather than give away for free.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024