Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Council funding figures for Wales.... 16:01 - Oct 10 with 8429 viewsWxmJax

.....have been announced. Cuts for every council in Wales bar one. Any guesses ?

From Wrexham website

http://www.wrexham.com/news/further-0-3-cut-on-the-cards-for-wrexham-council-as-

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 16:15 - Oct 10 with 3544 viewsDafyddHuw

Everybody should google "Write to them" and go from there. It takes about 2 mins.
Let the feckers try to explain themselves away.
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 16:35 - Oct 10 with 3515 viewsPrivate_Partz

It is worth hanging on to that list as a reference. Only Cardiff seeing an increase and some of the poorest areas in Wales receiving the biggest cuts. It is truly shocking and highlights the Cardiff State syndrome that exists in both Welsh Labour, and Plaid Cymru unfortunately, as they have put their names to this. Don't forget inflation makes these figures much worse.
I have just been watching Nicola Sturgeon's address to conference. Love her of hate her, she is all inclusive as far as Scotland is concerned . She is looking at the whole of the area to develope infrastructure and wealth. Compare this to the completely useless Carwyn Jones who has little consideration for anything outside of the Cardiff bubble.
I hope we vote these Charlatans out as sson as possible and that Plaid get a leader who will actually live up to the term 'Party of Wales' and not merely hold hands with the Red Tories.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 17:53 - Oct 10 with 3455 viewsnice_to_michu

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 16:35 - Oct 10 by Private_Partz

It is worth hanging on to that list as a reference. Only Cardiff seeing an increase and some of the poorest areas in Wales receiving the biggest cuts. It is truly shocking and highlights the Cardiff State syndrome that exists in both Welsh Labour, and Plaid Cymru unfortunately, as they have put their names to this. Don't forget inflation makes these figures much worse.
I have just been watching Nicola Sturgeon's address to conference. Love her of hate her, she is all inclusive as far as Scotland is concerned . She is looking at the whole of the area to develope infrastructure and wealth. Compare this to the completely useless Carwyn Jones who has little consideration for anything outside of the Cardiff bubble.
I hope we vote these Charlatans out as sson as possible and that Plaid get a leader who will actually live up to the term 'Party of Wales' and not merely hold hands with the Red Tories.

Probably because their population increased by a lot.....
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 18:10 - Oct 10 with 3429 viewspikeypaul

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 17:53 - Oct 10 by nice_to_michu

Probably because their population increased by a lot.....

If so the council tax reciepts would have also so why the extra funding from Labour WAG when everywhere else in Wales is having cuts?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 18:14 - Oct 10 with 3417 viewsMeraki

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 18:10 - Oct 10 by pikeypaul

If so the council tax reciepts would have also so why the extra funding from Labour WAG when everywhere else in Wales is having cuts?

Assuming everyone is earning a wage and paying tax on it?
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 18:20 - Oct 10 with 3411 viewspikeypaul

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 18:14 - Oct 10 by Meraki

Assuming everyone is earning a wage and paying tax on it?

I would assume that people moving to the area are doing so for work and the average wage there is higher than any other area and unemployment lower.
So the direct contribution before WAG grants would be proportinally higher than anywhere else.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 18:35 - Oct 10 with 3386 viewsnice_to_michu

Council tax receipts are not a big proportion of a local authority's budget though
Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:18 - Oct 10 with 3305 viewswaynekerr55

And yet Turkey's vote for Xmas

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:21 - Oct 10 with 3299 viewsJackfath

SO we shouldn't vote Labour. Now we shouldn't vote Plaid as they've jumped into bed with them and nothing's changed. Who's left to vote for?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:23 - Oct 10 with 3295 viewsexiledclaseboy

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:21 - Oct 10 by Jackfath

SO we shouldn't vote Labour. Now we shouldn't vote Plaid as they've jumped into bed with them and nothing's changed. Who's left to vote for?

Tories mun. They’d sort it.

Poll: Tory leader

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:25 - Oct 10 with 3285 viewswaynekerr55

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:23 - Oct 10 by exiledclaseboy

Tories mun. They’d sort it.

I'd vote for you Clasey. You're robust, strategic and transparent

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:27 - Oct 10 with 3276 viewsswanjackal

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:25 - Oct 10 by waynekerr55

Sarcasm... the lowest form of wit.

Clearly the answer is going back to our roots and reform the Communist party.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:28 - Oct 10 with 3277 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:18 - Oct 10 by waynekerr55

Many are completely unaware and just accept that we are a one town state. Also the Cardiff based media will not report anything about this either. I did not see any of the local news this evening. Did they touch it? I suspect we won't get much other than WOL crowing about it.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 20:33]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:29 - Oct 10 with 3271 viewsJackfath

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:28 - Oct 10 by Private_Partz

Many are completely unaware and just accept that we are a one town state. Also the Cardiff based media will not report anything about this either. I did not see any of the local news this evening. Did they touch it? I suspect we won't get much other than WOL crowing about it.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 20:33]

It was reported on the BBC Wales news. All authorities bar Cardiff getting cuts, Cardiff +1% I believe. Sorry to burst the bubble.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:30 - Oct 10 with 3266 viewsexiledclaseboy

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:25 - Oct 10 by waynekerr55

Thankfully my job precludes such formal political activities and I couldn’t be arsed anyway.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:32 - Oct 10 with 3254 viewswaynekerr55

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:30 - Oct 10 by exiledclaseboy

Thankfully my job precludes such formal political activities and I couldn’t be arsed anyway.

Carling Premier. On tap. Done

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:37 - Oct 10 with 3241 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:29 - Oct 10 by Jackfath

It was reported on the BBC Wales news. All authorities bar Cardiff getting cuts, Cardiff +1% I believe. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Not at all. As you can see you caught me mid edit. Nice to see it mentioned I must admit. I will be more than happy if the media started highlighting the inequalities. Was it done in an investigative way with Drayford in front of the cameras having to justify it?

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:40 - Oct 10 with 3234 viewsBanosswan

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:18 - Oct 10 by waynekerr55

Erdogan?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:41 - Oct 10 with 3230 viewsJackfath

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:37 - Oct 10 by Private_Partz

Not at all. As you can see you caught me mid edit. Nice to see it mentioned I must admit. I will be more than happy if the media started highlighting the inequalities. Was it done in an investigative way with Drayford in front of the cameras having to justify it?

I can't remember as I was outraged by what I was hearing.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:45 - Oct 10 with 3221 viewsexiledclaseboy

So presumably there’s a rationale behind Cardiff’s funding increase?

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:53 - Oct 10 with 3213 viewsDan_Swan

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 18:35 - Oct 10 by nice_to_michu

Council tax receipts are not a big proportion of a local authority's budget though

Eh? There are in the region of 110,000 properties in Swansea. Very roughly the average bill is £1,000 , that's £107m . Expenditure i'm led to believe in the region of £750m. This is equal to approximately 15% of the budget.

If you also factor in Non-Domestic rates that is an additional £75m (approximately), nearing 25% of the Authorities income....

Still following Dr's orders!

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 21:33 - Oct 10 with 3157 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:41 - Oct 10 by Jackfath

I can't remember as I was outraged by what I was hearing.

Don't let them be the to you. Knowledge is power. Keep calm and know your enemy.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 21:36 - Oct 10 with 3150 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:21 - Oct 10 by Jackfath

I feel the same way. It is Plaid for me as the best of a bad job. I really hope they change the Leader. I had high hope for her but she is far more interested in party politics than being the Head of Party that actually want to govern for the whole of Wales.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 21:42 - Oct 10 with 3145 viewsPrivate_Partz

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 20:45 - Oct 10 by exiledclaseboy

So presumably there’s a rationale behind Cardiff’s funding increase?

Well NTM suggests it is because of population increase. This of course assumes the population is falling in the rest of Wales. A fair assumption I would think as Cardiff continues to overheat. We chuck more money at it and rinse and repeat whilst the rest of the Principality declines.
The problem for me I that with the highest paid jobs and business rates the income the LA gets from its local taxpayers is higher than the rest of Wales. Seems unfair however you dress it up.

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 22:03 - Oct 10 with 3121 viewsvetchonian

Council funding figures for Wales.... on 21:42 - Oct 10 by Private_Partz

Well NTM suggests it is because of population increase. This of course assumes the population is falling in the rest of Wales. A fair assumption I would think as Cardiff continues to overheat. We chuck more money at it and rinse and repeat whilst the rest of the Principality declines.
The problem for me I that with the highest paid jobs and business rates the income the LA gets from its local taxpayers is higher than the rest of Wales. Seems unfair however you dress it up.

Vote to abolish the assembly think of how much money we can save

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024