Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! 18:34 - Sep 24 with 12881 viewsemart

Hi all,

I'm undertaking a survey that may interest those of you that like to have a bet online on the football.

I'd really (really) appreciate a few quick minutes of your time and you can take part by clicking on the link below:

https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/betting-on-the-footballb

This is part of my Psychology MSc and it has been approved by the university board of ethics.

Your responses are 100% anonymous meaning that I have no means of ever accessing your email address or your identity.

Clicking the green button at the bottom of pages 1 & 2 allows you to immediately begin the questions on page 3.

Many thanks!!!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 11:08]
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 18:53 - Sep 24 with 12483 viewsKinsey

Completed
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 19:00 - Sep 24 with 12464 viewsemart

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 18:53 - Sep 24 by Kinsey

Completed

Great thanks Kinsey
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 19:05 - Sep 24 with 12461 viewsdcd14

Done.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:32 - Sep 27 with 12383 viewsemart

Hi folks anyone feeling generous with a few minutes of your time please give my survey a go:

https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/betting-on-the-footballd

Again its for anyone who has had a bet online on the football in the last 12 months
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 21:19]
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:59 - Sep 27 with 12350 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I know so many people who place numerous bets per week on football, usually ludicrous 5+ team accumulators with little chance of winning. They must spend £20+ a week doing it and they might win once a year.

They are all clearly addicted and a time will come when English football looks back in embarrassment at how it let the gambling advertisements become so prevalent to young adults and even young children.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 12:34 - Sep 27 with 12322 viewsBarrySwan

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:59 - Sep 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I know so many people who place numerous bets per week on football, usually ludicrous 5+ team accumulators with little chance of winning. They must spend £20+ a week doing it and they might win once a year.

They are all clearly addicted and a time will come when English football looks back in embarrassment at how it let the gambling advertisements become so prevalent to young adults and even young children.

I do about 20 or so 5 or 6 team Accas a week.

And do fine on my returns thanks.

I must admit that the sheer torrent of gambling adverts on TV whether as direct adverts or shirt sponsorship is getting boring if nothing else.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 12:35 - Sep 27 with 12318 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 12:34 - Sep 27 by BarrySwan

I do about 20 or so 5 or 6 team Accas a week.

And do fine on my returns thanks.

I must admit that the sheer torrent of gambling adverts on TV whether as direct adverts or shirt sponsorship is getting boring if nothing else.

I am sure you do.

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 12:54 - Sep 27 with 12303 viewsJango

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:59 - Sep 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

£20 a week on a few bets is hardly an addiction, get off your high horse. People spend more on a takeaway, is that an addiction also?
Login to get fewer ads

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 13:53 - Sep 27 with 12273 viewsBarrySwan

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 12:54 - Sep 27 by Jango

£20 a week on a few bets is hardly an addiction, get off your high horse. People spend more on a takeaway, is that an addiction also?

Thats a very good point you raise.

As I've pointed out before.

Spend £3,000 a year buying a Swans season ticket and following them away all season and that seems to be fine, just enjoying a hobby or interest.

Lose £1,500 a year at the bookies because someone really enjoys studying the form and making the selections each day and apparently they're a problem gambler.

I really don't see the difference except the person who has spent less on their interest in gambling than the person indulging in a different hobby or interest is labelled as having a serious problem despite spending less on their hobby and of course having the chance to actually win their money back as opposed to the football supporter who spends the lot.

I know that that a number of people will agree with me that someone supporting the Swans home and away has a serious addiction.

Perhaps we should start shutting down football grounds and clubs to help save these people who clearly have a serious addiction losing all that money every year that they currently spend on season tickets, travel, replica shirts, pasties and half time raffles.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 14:09 - Sep 27 with 12254 viewsoldcob

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 13:53 - Sep 27 by BarrySwan

Thats a very good point you raise.

As I've pointed out before.

Spend £3,000 a year buying a Swans season ticket and following them away all season and that seems to be fine, just enjoying a hobby or interest.

Lose £1,500 a year at the bookies because someone really enjoys studying the form and making the selections each day and apparently they're a problem gambler.

I really don't see the difference except the person who has spent less on their interest in gambling than the person indulging in a different hobby or interest is labelled as having a serious problem despite spending less on their hobby and of course having the chance to actually win their money back as opposed to the football supporter who spends the lot.

I know that that a number of people will agree with me that someone supporting the Swans home and away has a serious addiction.

Perhaps we should start shutting down football grounds and clubs to help save these people who clearly have a serious addiction losing all that money every year that they currently spend on season tickets, travel, replica shirts, pasties and half time raffles.

I wouldn't compare the two. You can watch your football team usually once a week, but the Betting shops are open seven days a week. Should you have an addictive personality, so much more likely to form an addiction gambling. What you are doing is comparing cost, but to an addict there's no ceiling to the cost. Nothing wrong with the occasional flutter, that's healthy, do so myself. Unfortunately some have that addictive personality.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 14:23 - Sep 27 with 12243 viewsBarrySwan

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 14:09 - Sep 27 by oldcob

I wouldn't compare the two. You can watch your football team usually once a week, but the Betting shops are open seven days a week. Should you have an addictive personality, so much more likely to form an addiction gambling. What you are doing is comparing cost, but to an addict there's no ceiling to the cost. Nothing wrong with the occasional flutter, that's healthy, do so myself. Unfortunately some have that addictive personality.

But thats the point that I'm trying to make.

The anti fun zealots appear to be determined to campaign for restrictions on this that and the other, including betting shops and opportunities simply because yet again there are sections of society just like alcoholics with drink who can't control their actions.

And apparently those that can must have their choice of activity limited or curtailed because of the
half wits who have no self control over their behaviour

I, and of course probably the majority of people on here well remember being ushered home from the pub at 10.30pm on a Friday night after a hard weeks work because of antiquated licensing laws despite the majority of us not causing a hint of trouble.

The licensing laws were quite rightly in my opinion extended to a more civilised regime and yet we are regularly faced with calls by the pious, that these licensing hours be curtailed again because of the behaviour of those who can't control themselves and cause trouble.

I'd suggest restrictions on those who have little or no self control and letting the rest of society chose whether they wish to participate in activities that cause little or no harm if approached in a responsible manner.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 14:33 - Sep 27 with 12234 viewsoldcob

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 14:23 - Sep 27 by BarrySwan

The anti fun zealots appear to be determined to campaign for restrictions on this that and the other, including betting shops and opportunities simply because yet again there are sections of society just like alcoholics with drink who can't control their actions.

And apparently those that can must have their choice of activity limited or curtailed because of the

I, and of course probably the majority of people on here well remember being ushered home from the pub at 10.30pm on a Friday night after a hard weeks work because of antiquated licensing laws despite the majority of us not causing a hint of trouble.

The licensing laws were quite rightly in my opinion extended to a more civilised regime and yet we are regularly faced with calls by the pious, that these licensing hours be curtailed again because of the behaviour of those who can't control themselves and cause trouble.

I'd suggest restrictions on those who have little or no self control and letting the rest of society chose whether they wish to participate in activities that cause little or no harm if approached in a responsible manner.

I largely agree.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 16:42 - Sep 27 with 12207 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 14:23 - Sep 27 by BarrySwan

I am not an anti fun zealot. I just dislike the idea of young children being exposed to this from a very young age. When do kids start watching football, when they are as young as 5 possibly?

And they are being plastered with these adverts wherever they go. I think in 7-10 years time we will begin to see just how damaging of an effect this has had on a generation. It is something that should be considered on the same level as tobacco adverts. Alcohol should go the same way too.

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 16:56 - Sep 27 with 12206 viewsswanforthemoney

It's the normalisation of gambling that seems dangerous to me. Seems I'm the oddball these days because I don't bet. Gambling slowly but surely becomes an addiction for some, It'll only get worse because it's been normalised for the youngsters, so there's more potential addicts coming through the pipeline.

I stand in the North Stand

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 20:23 - Sep 27 with 12157 viewscackinthesackjack

Why gamble when you can make consistent profits from Bonus Bagging, profit maximiser and Accumulator generator etc.

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 20:54 - Sep 27 with 12144 viewsE20Jack

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 20:23 - Sep 27 by cackinthesackjack

Why gamble when you can make consistent profits from Bonus Bagging, profit maximiser and Accumulator generator etc.

All are pointless in the long run.

There is only one way to beat the bookies consistently and that is to arb value.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:42 - Sep 29 with 12005 viewsWandererJack

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 20:54 - Sep 27 by E20Jack

All are pointless in the long run.

There is only one way to beat the bookies consistently and that is to arb value.

They'll stake restrict you in no time if you arb.

Matched betting is great. Trading also good if you know what you're doing.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:52 - Sep 29 with 12000 viewstrampie

To the opening poster, always bet against England butt.

Particularly if in Blighty, especially if in England.
If you have have to ask why then you have an awful lot to learn about betting.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 13:10 - Sep 29 with 11986 viewsBarrySwan

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 20:23 - Sep 27 by cackinthesackjack

As the use of Mike Cruikshanks products all involve placing bets then the curtailing of gambling opportunities as a number of people advocate will of course hinder the use of the methods you mention.

I do agree that there are too many gambling adverts on the TV and elsewhere they are now dominating advertising space across every medium.

It is also a valid pont I think that having just about every top teams shirts and kit plastered with bookie adverts isn't a good idea with so many youngsters following these teams from an early age.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 20:53 - Sep 29 with 11928 viewsOptimisticJack

Done. Good luck with your studies.

Optimisticjack

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 12:10 - Sep 30 with 11864 viewsemart

Some really interesting comments made here!

Massive game today...anyone considering a bet on the footy? If yes or if you have had a bet online on the soccer over the last year please take my survey:

https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/betting-on-the-footballd
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 21:20]
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 18:06 - Oct 8 with 11653 viewsemart

Fantastic participation so far so I am doing a final week of collection for my survey folks...

Anyone who has had a bet online on the football over the last year is eligible, so please take part by clicking on the link below:

Thanks a million!
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 23:21 - Oct 8 with 11609 viewsKingBony

Wish I’d never made any bets.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:08 - Oct 14 with 11371 viewsemart

Hi everyone,

Okay I am on a final weekend canvass here!

Anyone who has a bet online on the football please try my survey by clicking this link:

Click "submit" at the end of pages 1 & 2 to fast forward to the questions.

Massive thanks!!!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 12:08]
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:41 - Oct 14 with 11360 viewsairedale

I'm off the pasties me. Don't touch 'em anymore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024