Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea passing 08:51 - Nov 11 with 4359 viewsHeadmaster

Look at those passing stats. If we can just be more ruthless and take more chances, we'll be flying.

Swansea passing on 09:30 - Nov 11 with 3073 viewsSPboy

A stat I was surprised at was that yesterday was apparently our first set piece goal of the season. Definitely an area that we need to be doing better in.
Swansea passing on 10:29 - Nov 11 with 2918 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Mr Potter.

We had lost our way of playing, but now we are doing the right things.
Take a bow all.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea passing on 10:34 - Nov 11 with 2894 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea passing on 10:29 - Nov 11 by Kilkennyjack

Well done Mr Potter.

We had lost our way of playing, but now we are doing the right things.
Take a bow all.

Playing this way is only the 'right thing' if it brings success. As it stands we're outside of the playoffs and even yesterday it took a set piece to break down an average Bolton side.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea passing on 10:36 - Nov 11 with 2886 viewsjackrmee

Swansea passing on 10:34 - Nov 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Playing this way is only the 'right thing' if it brings success. As it stands we're outside of the playoffs and even yesterday it took a set piece to break down an average Bolton side.

Would you rather be top of the league and have Tony Pulis as manager?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea passing on 10:39 - Nov 11 with 2872 viewsjack247

Swansea passing on 10:36 - Nov 11 by jackrmee

Would you rather be top of the league and have Tony Pulis as manager?

He wouldn’t care, he’s just on here to wind people up
Swansea passing on 10:40 - Nov 11 with 2872 viewsBadlands

Define success?
Playing attractive football and being competitive is more of a success than promotion at this stage.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea passing on 10:42 - Nov 11 with 2857 viewsjackrmee

Swansea passing on 10:40 - Nov 11 by Badlands

Define success?
Playing attractive football and being competitive is more of a success than promotion at this stage.

That's the plan.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea passing on 10:42 - Nov 11 with 2855 viewsexiledclaseboy

We’re seventh at the moment. Surely that’s exceeding expectations for the season?

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea passing on 10:53 - Nov 11 with 2816 views34dfgdf54

Swansea passing on 10:42 - Nov 11 by exiledclaseboy

We’re seventh at the moment. Surely that’s exceeding expectations for the season?

Without doubt.

I was honestly expecting another relegation battle.
Swansea passing on 10:56 - Nov 11 with 2801 viewsDr_Winston

We're below where I expected us to be in June. Above where I expected us to be on August 10th.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea passing on 11:23 - Nov 11 with 2743 viewsyescomeon

Swansea passing on 10:40 - Nov 11 by Badlands

Define success?

Bingo.

Playing attractive footballs is success in itself. As long as we as fans are entertained and happy, then the club is successful.

Upthecity!

Swansea passing on 11:37 - Nov 11 with 2695 viewsMrSwerve

Nobody complains about ‘unattractive’ football if you’re winning most games and top of the table.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swansea passing on 11:41 - Nov 11 with 2681 viewsmonmouth

Swansea passing on 11:37 - Nov 11 by MrSwerve

Nobody complains about ‘unattractive’ football if you’re winning most games and top of the table.

I do.

John Hollins, Paulo Sousa, I was as miserable as f*ck.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea passing on 11:43 - Nov 11 with 2674 viewsmonmouth

Ps what is this set piece stuff yesterday? We won from a 20 yard screamer not a set piece.

Our only set piece goal was the penalty against Reading.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea passing on 11:44 - Nov 11 with 2666 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea passing on 11:37 - Nov 11 by MrSwerve

You’ve never actually read Planet Swans then? Pretty much the only person who prefers crap football is Dr Winston and he’s just odd.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea passing on 11:48 - Nov 11 with 2644 viewsMrSwerve

Swansea passing on 11:44 - Nov 11 by exiledclaseboy

You’ve never actually read Planet Swans then? Pretty much the only person who prefers crap football is Dr Winston and he’s just odd.

It’s hard to find football related posts on here these days.

Swansea passing on 11:53 - Nov 11 with 2633 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea passing on 11:44 - Nov 11 by exiledclaseboy

I could take that from someone who didn't defend Garry Monk like an infatuated schoolgirl whilst the rest of us were pointing out that he was low rent Pulis.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea passing on 12:41 - Nov 11 with 2502 viewskarnataka

Swansea passing on 10:42 - Nov 11 by jackrmee

That's the plan.

I've always considered that to be the plan but coaches and players will always try 100% to win every game. So what happens if everything clicks and we start taking all these chances we create by paying attractive football and end up getting promoted? We're not far away from being genuine contenders in this division but will know a lot more about our chances after the next 3 games.
Swansea passing on 12:53 - Nov 11 with 2472 viewsBanosswan

Jay Bothroyd chirping up.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea passing on 13:03 - Nov 11 with 2452 viewsjackrmee

Swansea passing on 11:23 - Nov 11 by yescomeon

Bingo.

Playing attractive footballs is success in itself. As long as we as fans are entertained and happy, then the club is successful.

Partly. Got to win games in the long run also

Swansea passing on 13:10 - Nov 11 with 2428 viewsMrSwerve

Winning while playing attractive football is obviously the aim for any football club, but I’d rather be top playing ugly football than bottom playing tiki-taka.

It’s nice to see that it looks like Potter is giving us an attractive identity while also being fairly successful.

Swansea passing on 13:25 - Nov 11 with 2400 viewsLeonWasGod

Couldn’t care less about success imo. I’m enjoying going to games again and seeing us play some of the best football we’ve played since Laudrup’s time.
Swansea passing on 13:35 - Nov 11 with 2365 viewsairedale

Swansea passing on 13:25 - Nov 11 by LeonWasGod

Couldn’t care less about success imo. I’m enjoying going to games again and seeing us play some of the best football we’ve played since Laudrup’s time.

Snap.
Swansea passing on 13:54 - Nov 11 with 2319 viewslonglostjack

Swansea passing on 13:03 - Nov 11 by jackrmee

Partly. Got to win games in the long run also

Maybe we need a Gary Monk style Plan B.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea passing on 14:01 - Nov 11 with 2299 viewsjackrmee

Swansea passing on 12:41 - Nov 11 by karnataka

I've always considered that to be the plan but coaches and players will always try 100% to win every game. So what happens if everything clicks and we start taking all these chances we create by paying attractive football and end up getting promoted? We're not far away from being genuine contenders in this division but will know a lot more about our chances after the next 3 games.

Of course I'd be happy with promotion, but personally I'm enjoying the fuk out of this season and this division.
Perfect scenario for me, is a couple of seasons here, perfecting the football we are playing now, players adapting, then go back up to the Prem and show them what we can do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024