Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 21:46 - Feb 13 with 4629 views34dfgdf54

Will get interest in the summer. Looked a different team when he come on.

Potter f*cked up again with Grimes left back, please can that stop. But one big positive was the impact Asoro made. Still just a kid with bundles of talent.
McBurnie on 21:49 - Feb 13 with 2806 viewsandrew

HAHA bundles on the floor more like! Slight improvement on McKay a d that was it.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

McBurnie on 21:50 - Feb 13 with 2775 viewsbuilthjack

McBurnie on 21:49 - Feb 13 by andrew

HAHA bundles on the floor more like! Slight improvement on McKay a d that was it.

McKay is league 1 at best

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

McBurnie on 21:50 - Feb 13 with 2773 views34dfgdf54

Righteyo
McBurnie on 21:51 - Feb 13 with 2756 viewsLeonWasGod

For sure. We had interest in him in the summer didn't we? We have to keep him - it's as simple as that. It's not just his goals it's everything else he brings in the final 3rd.
McBurnie on 21:52 - Feb 13 with 2728 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie on 21:50 - Feb 13 by builthjack

McKay is league 1 at best

There’s no way anyone can defend him tonight.

He doesn’t seem interested.
McBurnie on 21:52 - Feb 13 with 2724 viewsandypitt56

Mcburnie was different class seem to give everyone a lift when he came on. Asorro, confidence looks an issue but when he actually drove at the defenders with pace he looked dangerous. Similar mould to dyer IMO just needs to be given time to develop. Overall display was very lethargic i thought..
McBurnie on 21:55 - Feb 13 with 2692 viewsjeza739

Also odd how this strange phenomenon of putting the right players in the right positions improves performance tho.
Anyone else ever come across it before?
McBurnie on 21:55 - Feb 13 with 2670 viewsJonathans_coat

Asoro has pace and skill, but plays with his head down and has no awareness of anyone around him. This results in him running into trouble more often than not, instead of making obvious passes.

McKay is a talented player, but seems intent on putting in no effort whatsoever. Bigger s***house than Tom Carroll? Too harsh?
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 2606 viewsPozuelosSideys

Yeah but you are happy to have Jenkins sat next to you provided we were a PL club. Even after everything.

#clueless

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

McBurnie on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 2604 viewsicecoldjack

The team we started with minus VDH,James and CCV will be our first XI next season.

Pitiful when you consider Leeds are top and are absolutely bang average and struggle under pressure.

Potter compounds matters by not giving Leeds anything to worry about by not playing a striker first half, utter madness IMO, if we have somebody there to at least wear down defenders it would help us second half, but nope, we go powder puff and let them settle nicely, pipe and slippers time for them at the back until Ollie came on.

Mcburnie will be off in the summer, perhaps Celina too, no way will ambitious players stand by and see their own job get much harder as more talent gets moved on.

A real what if season, this truly is the next level, a level of mediocrity where just a tiny little bit of sound investment would have seen us do really well, good luck to Leeds hope they go up for Beilsa who I think should have been a coach at the Swans where he would have done wonders for us.
McBurnie on 22:01 - Feb 13 with 2589 viewsskettyparkherbert

McBurnie on 21:55 - Feb 13 by Jonathans_coat

Asoro has pace and skill, but plays with his head down and has no awareness of anyone around him. This results in him running into trouble more often than not, instead of making obvious passes.

McKay is a talented player, but seems intent on putting in no effort whatsoever. Bigger s***house than Tom Carroll? Too harsh?

Not too harsh at all. Bang on mate and he's not on his own either, Celina too.

It's not too much to ask a well paid pro player to put a shift in and give all you can for the team but that is defy not the case here and i can't believe GP put up with it?
McBurnie (n/t) on 22:10 - Feb 13 with 2508 viewsskettyparkherbert

McBurnie on 22:00 - Feb 13 by icecoldjack

The team we started with minus VDH,James and CCV will be our first XI next season.

Pitiful when you consider Leeds are top and are absolutely bang average and struggle under pressure.

Potter compounds matters by not giving Leeds anything to worry about by not playing a striker first half, utter madness IMO, if we have somebody there to at least wear down defenders it would help us second half, but nope, we go powder puff and let them settle nicely, pipe and slippers time for them at the back until Ollie came on.

Mcburnie will be off in the summer, perhaps Celina too, no way will ambitious players stand by and see their own job get much harder as more talent gets moved on.

A real what if season, this truly is the next level, a level of mediocrity where just a tiny little bit of sound investment would have seen us do really well, good luck to Leeds hope they go up for Beilsa who I think should have been a coach at the Swans where he would have done wonders for us.

McBurnie on 22:11 - Feb 13 with 2500 viewsjack247

Could go one of two ways. McBurnie, James, Roberts, Byers, Rodon all in their first full Championship season. Celina, Asoro pretty inexperienced. They should all gain a lot from this season and be better players next time round.

Obviously that depends on how many of them are still here after the summer.
McBurnie on 22:17 - Feb 13 with 2434 viewsskettyparkherbert

McBurnie on 22:11 - Feb 13 by jack247

Could go one of two ways. McBurnie, James, Roberts, Byers, Rodon all in their first full Championship season. Celina, Asoro pretty inexperienced. They should all gain a lot from this season and be better players next time round.

Obviously that depends on how many of them are still here after the summer.

If McBurnie keeps scoring the "Septic Tanks" will deffo sell him for £10 mil plus in June.

Celina, James and Rodon too, its all doom and gloom.
McBurnie on 22:27 - Feb 13 with 2357 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie on 21:52 - Feb 13 by andypitt56

Mcburnie was different class seem to give everyone a lift when he came on. Asorro, confidence looks an issue but when he actually drove at the defenders with pace he looked dangerous. Similar mould to dyer IMO just needs to be given time to develop. Overall display was very lethargic i thought..

Best player on the pitch. I’d love to see Narsingh have a run. On the ball he looks a proper footballer to me. I suspect given a run he’d be our best option on the right by far.

Aspro’s had a bit of a culture shock changing teams and leagues - looks like the time in the U23s his helping. Just hope he’s not another Roland Lamah headless chicken.
McBurnie on 22:29 - Feb 13 with 2334 viewstheloneranger

Oli ... 23 goals in 48 Championship games

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

McBurnie on 22:38 - Feb 13 with 2290 viewsskettyparkherbert

McBurnie on 22:29 - Feb 13 by theloneranger

Oli ... 23 goals in 48 Championship games

And he's still only 22.

I will be gutted to see him go but i think its nailed on really especially if he keeps banging them in.
McBurnie on 23:39 - Feb 13 with 2146 views_

Personally and this maybe wishful thinking but I think Ollie will want to give next season a proper go here. He had the chance to move on in the Summer and he chose to stay with his mates and enjoy his football.

What we're seeing now from McBurnie isn't new to him, he was doing exactly the same this time last season when on loan in Barnsley. He knows he can score goals in this league and he knows this league is chalk and cheese from the EPL.

So based on what he chose to do end of last season and considering we have tied him down so it will take big, big bucks to prise him away, I think next season will be one him, Roberts, Rodon, Dan, Matty, Celina, John, Asoro (after tonight's display), Jay and Byers will be looking towards Potter and saying show us the ambition, show us
Van Der Hoorn is staying, perhaps Leroy too, or that we'll bring in another physical presence in the team.

Tonight was so frustrating, summed up our season. The best team in the league showed us all the respect in the world and started cagey against us, they thought they would try to play their way into the game instead of bulldozing us like they do other teams.

But we can't afford to keep giving halves of football away. I thought we'd seen the back of Potters pathetic tinkering, but oh no, here it was in bloody full swing again.

When I saw the team I said I don't mind the odd switch here and there and let's see what we'll be like without a striker, but I didn't expect when Connor and
Naughts were on the same pitch that he'd drop our best midfielder back to left back.

I mean what the Fack is that all about. And why so bastard often. He's got a massive hard on for playing Matty at left back and it's bizarre.... Even more so than it's virtually never worked, especially from the start of games. Fair enough when chasing and he goes into some attacking left wing back role but from the start, no chance

Imagine Steve Gerrard was ever shunted out to left back?
Or Iniesta?
Or Lampard??

Potter has let us all down again tonight and he's the one who's got to look the likes of Van Der Hoorn in the eye when he's asking Potter does the club's ambitions match my own? We have thrown away so many needless points this season, it's criminal.

But as this season slips more and more out of our hands I genuinely think we'll be all the wiser and better prepared for next season.

We will need some players though, someone who can win battles on the pitch, sadly lacking tonight, be that at centre half or defensive mid, we'll also need a striker to push Ollie with Richardson pushing them both.

We have a big few months coming up on and off the pitch, so let's hope things can settle down, the Trust can find a solution without the hell of watching our club dragged through the dirt and Potter can stop pissing about and do what he's good at, getting young footballers to play well together.

It's only doom and gloom if you're a glass half empty man. Fill it up.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

McBurnie on 01:12 - Feb 14 with 1999 viewsSTID2017

Kid did okay considering his lack of game time - also, at least he tried

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

McBurnie on 01:18 - Feb 14 with 1986 viewsSTID2017

This isn't sour grapes - Swans didn't deserve anything after not trying until the last quarter of the game.
However Leeds will play a lot tougher sides than us over the next couple of months and will struggle

I don't believe they will go up

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

McBurnie on 03:06 - Feb 14 with 1906 viewsjazzswan

not seen any of tongs game .. just read comments .. F.off and help your TW2T of a president build your wall! can we get on with bringing great young talent into the team. Got so many American friends , except these .. get over there qQUICK!

[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 3:11]
McBurnie on 07:53 - Feb 14 with 1732 views_

McBurnie on 01:18 - Feb 14 by STID2017

This isn't sour grapes - Swans didn't deserve anything after not trying until the last quarter of the game.
However Leeds will play a lot tougher sides than us over the next couple of months and will struggle

I don't believe they will go up

Not trying??

When you've got our best midfield player at left back and our right back in right wing and when you have two small wingers cum attacking midfielders up front you're going to be all over the place.

This one, and unfortunately once again, was all down to Potter.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

McBurnie on 07:54 - Feb 14 with 1734 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie on 23:39 - Feb 13 by _

Personally and this maybe wishful thinking but I think Ollie will want to give next season a proper go here. He had the chance to move on in the Summer and he chose to stay with his mates and enjoy his football.

What we're seeing now from McBurnie isn't new to him, he was doing exactly the same this time last season when on loan in Barnsley. He knows he can score goals in this league and he knows this league is chalk and cheese from the EPL.

So based on what he chose to do end of last season and considering we have tied him down so it will take big, big bucks to prise him away, I think next season will be one him, Roberts, Rodon, Dan, Matty, Celina, John, Asoro (after tonight's display), Jay and Byers will be looking towards Potter and saying show us the ambition, show us
Van Der Hoorn is staying, perhaps Leroy too, or that we'll bring in another physical presence in the team.

Tonight was so frustrating, summed up our season. The best team in the league showed us all the respect in the world and started cagey against us, they thought they would try to play their way into the game instead of bulldozing us like they do other teams.

But we can't afford to keep giving halves of football away. I thought we'd seen the back of Potters pathetic tinkering, but oh no, here it was in bloody full swing again.

When I saw the team I said I don't mind the odd switch here and there and let's see what we'll be like without a striker, but I didn't expect when Connor and
Naughts were on the same pitch that he'd drop our best midfielder back to left back.

I mean what the Fack is that all about. And why so bastard often. He's got a massive hard on for playing Matty at left back and it's bizarre.... Even more so than it's virtually never worked, especially from the start of games. Fair enough when chasing and he goes into some attacking left wing back role but from the start, no chance

Imagine Steve Gerrard was ever shunted out to left back?
Or Iniesta?
Or Lampard??

Potter has let us all down again tonight and he's the one who's got to look the likes of Van Der Hoorn in the eye when he's asking Potter does the club's ambitions match my own? We have thrown away so many needless points this season, it's criminal.

But as this season slips more and more out of our hands I genuinely think we'll be all the wiser and better prepared for next season.

We will need some players though, someone who can win battles on the pitch, sadly lacking tonight, be that at centre half or defensive mid, we'll also need a striker to push Ollie with Richardson pushing them both.

We have a big few months coming up on and off the pitch, so let's hope things can settle down, the Trust can find a solution without the hell of watching our club dragged through the dirt and Potter can stop pissing about and do what he's good at, getting young footballers to play well together.

It's only doom and gloom if you're a glass half empty man. Fill it up.

I want a journalist to ask him about this Grimes situation. I want to know his reasoning. Like I said, at the start of the season I could see where he was coming from, but playing him left back when you have Naughton and Roberts on the pitch at the same time is crazy.

The squad is still four players short of a genuine promotion push in my opinion. Keeper, Left Back, Centre Midfielder and a Striker.

I'd keep John as I think he's a good squad player and sign someone who could hopefully go straight in, easier said than done I know. Desperate for a player in central midfield with a bit of physicality and as you said, a striker to compete with Oli. I made my feelings known on the keeper situation yesterday, Mulder doesn't give me any confidence, hesitant on crosses and has a poor kicking game.

I'm excited for next season already. What the Americans do in the summer could change that though. Interesting few months ahead.
McBurnie on 07:59 - Feb 14 with 1718 viewsmagicdaps10

McBurnie on 07:54 - Feb 14 by 34dfgdf54

I want a journalist to ask him about this Grimes situation. I want to know his reasoning. Like I said, at the start of the season I could see where he was coming from, but playing him left back when you have Naughton and Roberts on the pitch at the same time is crazy.

The squad is still four players short of a genuine promotion push in my opinion. Keeper, Left Back, Centre Midfielder and a Striker.

I'd keep John as I think he's a good squad player and sign someone who could hopefully go straight in, easier said than done I know. Desperate for a player in central midfield with a bit of physicality and as you said, a striker to compete with Oli. I made my feelings known on the keeper situation yesterday, Mulder doesn't give me any confidence, hesitant on crosses and has a poor kicking game.

I'm excited for next season already. What the Americans do in the summer could change that though. Interesting few months ahead.

There is a cracking foundation for next year with the squad.

A lot will depend on the yanks, I am not holding much hope on the situation.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

McBurnie on 08:02 - Feb 14 with 1703 views_

McBurnie on 07:54 - Feb 14 by 34dfgdf54

Totally agree.

Mulder has got a big mistake in him but then pulls off some fantastic saves. It's interesting after all the rotating with our keepers that Potter only ever picks him now. Wish he'd do that with Matty.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024