Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All you on Gower.... 13:52 - May 31 with 3419 viewsdickythorpe

...say hello and tell me where exactly you live?
Plus how are things? Is it getting busier? What premises are doing takeaways?
I think the Britannia is.....gosh I miss the area immensely.
All you on Gower.... on 14:06 - May 31 with 2677 viewsjack_lord

This five miles rule. Is it as the crow flies?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

All you on Gower.... on 14:09 - May 31 with 2669 viewsdickythorpe

All you on Gower.... on 14:06 - May 31 by jack_lord

Pennard cow flies
All you on Gower.... on 14:14 - May 31 with 2653 viewsjack_lord

All you on Gower.... on 14:09 - May 31 by dickythorpe

Pennard cow flies

I am trying to work out how far in to Gower we can go but we weren't sure if plod will enforce the google maps 5 miles.

All you on Gower.... on 14:22 - May 31 with 2626 viewskarnataka

If it doesn't specify, I guess you're quite entitled to use atcf instead of road distance.
All you on Gower.... on 14:35 - May 31 with 2601 viewschad

:) had thought the same myself, but I think they said travel. So OK via microlight I suppose

Didn’t darling Drakes mention common sense when he agreed it was unfair. I thought it was open to approximation. In Scotland it is within 5 miles where possible. Sorry officer but as my family live 185 miles away, it was not possible.
All you on Gower.... on 14:44 - May 31 with 2589 viewsjack247

All you on Gower.... on 14:14 - May 31 by jack_lord

I am trying to work out how far in to Gower we can go but we weren't sure if plod will enforce the google maps 5 miles.

Not that I’d encourage anyone to break the rule, but I can’t see it being heavily enforced. A lot of Swansea is within 5 miles of Langland and Caswell, but it will only get you to most of Gower if you’re already starting in Gower.

Not intending to wind Gower residents up, but if everyone sticks to the 5 mile rule and still goes to the beach, Langland and Caswell are going to end up like the beaches in England we’ve all seen on social media this weekend, especially as they are both quite small when the tide is in.

I’m going to give all beaches a miss for a few weeks, can just see those two in particular being rammed.
All you on Gower.... on 14:53 - May 31 with 2581 viewsdickythorpe

Llanstephan beach which is 7 miles from me has its car park closed.......however if you reside there you're allowed to go onto the beach.

The locals are keeping an eye on any unknown vehicle/person in the village.
All you on Gower.... on 15:01 - May 31 with 2571 viewsjack247

All you on Gower.... on 14:53 - May 31 by dickythorpe

Llanstephan beach which is 7 miles from me has its car park closed.......however if you reside there you're allowed to go onto the beach.

Gower is probably out of the question then mate! I think there’s probably a bit of leniency if you’re going an extra mile or two to avoid busy beaches, Carmarthenshire is probably a bit of a stretch!
Login to get fewer ads

All you on Gower.... on 15:02 - May 31 with 2566 viewsWarwickHunt

All you on Gower.... on 15:06 - May 31 with 2547 viewscontroversial_jack

The locals down there don't mess around either
All you on Gower.... on 16:50 - May 31 with 2464 viewsjack_lord

All you on Gower.... on 14:44 - May 31 by jack247

Not that I’d encourage anyone to break the rule, but I can’t see it being heavily enforced. A lot of Swansea is within 5 miles of Langland and Caswell, but it will only get you to most of Gower if you’re already starting in Gower.

Not intending to wind Gower residents up, but if everyone sticks to the 5 mile rule and still goes to the beach, Langland and Caswell are going to end up like the beaches in England we’ve all seen on social media this weekend, especially as they are both quite small when the tide is in.

I’m going to give all beaches a miss for a few weeks, can just see those two in particular being rammed.

We wanted to get out of the Langland Caswell area because it is quite busy. Three Cliffis is within 5 miles drive. I was wondering if Oxwich was atcf's

All you on Gower.... on 17:37 - May 31 with 2423 viewsjack_lord

Avoid Caswell especially driving.people parked all around on the double yellows causing almost blocked roads. Fairly busy considering we are still in lockdown. Many are socially distanced but loads of groups together. Let's hope that breathing is not a conveyor of many particles.

All you on Gower.... on 17:44 - May 31 with 2405 viewskarnataka

I was born about 20 yards from Llanstephan beach! In one of the houses on the other side of the road that runs alongside the beach towards the castle. Haven't been there for about 50-55 years and don't even know if the house still exists.
All you on Gower.... on 18:05 - May 31 with 2372 viewsjack247

All you on Gower.... on 16:50 - May 31 by jack_lord

We wanted to get out of the Langland Caswell area because it is quite busy. Three Cliffis is within 5 miles drive. I was wondering if Oxwich was atcf's

If you’re physically able to get somewhere like Three Cliffs, I’d avoid Oxwich (and Port Eynon, Rhossili, Hillend) Plenty of people are going to completely ignore the 5 mile rule and the beaches you can drive right up to are going to be the busiest. As you say, Langland and Caswell are likely to be the worst.
All you on Gower.... on 18:20 - May 31 with 2354 viewsmonmouth

All you on Gower.... on 15:02 - May 31 by WarwickHunt

Brilliant.

What a film too.

And Jenny Agutter.

Oh and a young Kevin Turvey....never ever noticed him before.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 18:40]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

All you on Gower.... on 18:25 - May 31 with 2338 viewsWhiterockin

All you on Gower.... on 18:05 - May 31 by jack247

If you’re physically able to get somewhere like Three Cliffs, I’d avoid Oxwich (and Port Eynon, Rhossili, Hillend) Plenty of people are going to completely ignore the 5 mile rule and the beaches you can drive right up to are going to be the busiest. As you say, Langland and Caswell are likely to be the worst.

Are the car parks open at Langland and Caswell, I thought they were closed.
All you on Gower.... on 18:37 - May 31 with 2327 viewsjack247

All you on Gower.... on 18:25 - May 31 by Whiterockin

I can walk to Caswell and the car park has been closed up until now. I’m assuming that’s because we’ve only been allowed to exercise within walking distance, so they will soon open up again. Went down this morning and was shocked at how suddenly busy it was. I won’t be going again anytime soon as it’s only going to get worse from tomorrow.

I’m lucky I’ve been able to go there during lockdown, I do understand why people who live further away are so desperate to get to a beach. I’d just avoid places that are likely to be crowded. Don’t think the 5 mile rule happens to lend itself well to Swansea as it almost encourages people to visit those two beaches.
All you on Gower.... on 18:40 - May 31 with 2321 viewsjack_lord

No. Car parks are closed at both beaches. A bit chaotic at caswell as so many cars are parked on the approach to the bay on the bish and caswell side.

All you on Gower.... on 20:30 - Jun 1 with 2148 viewsJack59

It could be a little further 'as the worm crawls'
All you on Gower.... on 22:23 - Jun 1 with 2088 viewsGowerjack

Well 5 miles from where I live puts you in Knelston

So I don't want to see any of you lot on my manor..😂

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

All you on Gower.... on 22:50 - Jun 1 with 2057 viewsNogginthenog

Shouldn't the thread title be All you on the Gower
All you on Gower.... on 23:03 - Jun 1 with 2042 viewssherpajacob

Pobbles has always been the best beach in Gower, partly because you have to walk to it. Helps keep certain types away.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

All you on Gower.... on 23:31 - Jun 1 with 2030 viewsSwanjaxs

All you on Gower.... on 23:03 - Jun 1 by sherpajacob

Pobbles has always been the best beach in Gower, partly because you have to walk to it. Helps keep certain types away.

Prosser 👍🏻

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

All you on Gower.... on 23:43 - Jun 1 with 2010 viewsjack_lord

All you on Gower.... on 23:03 - Jun 1 by sherpajacob

Pobbles beckons on Friday

All you on Gower.... on 09:51 - Jun 2 with 1893 viewsLeonWasGod

Caswell car park opened yesterday, so I assume Langland is open now too. We're supposed to be avoiding travelling more than 5 miles, but I doubt anyone will stick to that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024