Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t mind this postponement 00:19 - Feb 14 with 1944 viewsDr_Parnassus

I think after the Man City defeat it could well have knocked the winning feeling out of us. Winning is a bit of a habit and that confidence can easily be lost with a couple of defeats. With Sheff Wed looking strong of late I am not entirely disappointed with the postponement.

We are 8 unbeaten in the league, winning 6 of those, so it’s important that continues. With Sheff Wed out of the way the next block of 4 fixtures look fairly kind, 3 of which are at home.

Forest (h)
Huddersfield (a)
Coventry (h)
Bristol C (h)

8 points from those 4 games and I will be relatively happy. Any less and I think we may have handed an advantage to Norwich (and possibly Brentford if they ever slip up which seems unlikely).

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

I don’t mind this postponement on 00:33 - Feb 14 with 1429 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ll go with ten points mate 🤞 Win the home games, point away.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

I don’t mind this postponement on 00:58 - Feb 14 with 1410 viewsraynor94

I fancy 10 points, pity Bristol could sack their manager before we play them, they are in a right mess

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I don’t mind this postponement on 11:22 - Feb 14 with 1304 viewsCatullus

I guess we'll find out if this postponement is a good or bad thing somewhere down the line. If we have too many games in a short space of time at a crucial point in the season and things don't go well...time will tell I guess.

I suppose a definite plus side is we are well rested for next Wednesdays game.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

I don’t mind this postponement on 11:31 - Feb 14 with 1280 viewsonehunglow

I don’t mind this postponement on 11:22 - Feb 14 by Catullus

I guess we'll find out if this postponement is a good or bad thing somewhere down the line. If we have too many games in a short space of time at a crucial point in the season and things don't go well...time will tell I guess.

I suppose a definite plus side is we are well rested for next Wednesdays game.

It suited me Cat anyway.Had lovely dinner after the game (Rugby).No wans talk to p off wifey .
Albondingas.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

I don’t mind this postponement on 11:53 - Feb 14 with 1273 viewsThornburyswan

Interestingly the first of the 4 looks the toughest, Forest have picked up lately & tend not to concede many - win that & 9/10 points could be on.
I don’t mind this postponement on 12:13 - Feb 14 with 1255 viewsChief

Very few regulars played 90mins midweek and we had no injuries or suspensions. The form we're in even with a small amount of fatigue we were still set to beat a team well below us in the league.

As it stands now, we're going to be at least 1 game behind all our competitors at the top for at least 2 montjs and 2 until we face Blackburn. 2 months on is right in the run in, when there will have been more games, maybe more injuries, suspensions and fatigue. This game will be rearranged for a few days after another league game where all our regulars will presumably play. Let alone the psychological implications of playing catch up constantly. If we slip up too that pressure will be exacerbated. Bad news this is.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

I don’t mind this postponement on 12:16 - Feb 14 with 1253 viewsCatullus

I don’t mind this postponement on 11:53 - Feb 14 by Thornburyswan

Interestingly the first of the 4 looks the toughest, Forest have picked up lately & tend not to concede many - win that & 9/10 points could be on.

In the short term it's a good thing then, the team has more rest and more time to prepare for Wednesdays game.
We really need the 3 points.

Now call me hopeful but, what if we can make it into top spot and still with 2 games in hand?
If we can hit a stride and win the next 4 games...actually, sod that, lets go all in and say 8 wins and 2 draws which includes the double over Cardiff...come on (to quote Delia) LETS BE HAVING YOU!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

I don’t mind this postponement on 14:34 - Feb 14 with 1197 viewsWhiterockin

I don’t mind this postponement on 12:16 - Feb 14 by Catullus

In the short term it's a good thing then, the team has more rest and more time to prepare for Wednesdays game.
We really need the 3 points.

Now call me hopeful but, what if we can make it into top spot and still with 2 games in hand?
If we can hit a stride and win the next 4 games...actually, sod that, lets go all in and say 8 wins and 2 draws which includes the double over Cardiff...come on (to quote Delia) LETS BE HAVING YOU!

All about opinions for me the postponement is bad for us. We were not hammered and our confidence did not take a battering nor did we pick up any injuries. We had just played one of the best teams in the world and to then come up against an average Championship team we would have been favorites to pick up 3 points. The step down in opposition strength,speed and technical ability would have given us more time and space to play our game.
Login to get fewer ads

I don’t mind this postponement on 15:06 - Feb 14 with 1166 viewsraynor94

I don’t mind this postponement on 12:13 - Feb 14 by Chief

Very few regulars played 90mins midweek and we had no injuries or suspensions. The form we're in even with a small amount of fatigue we were still set to beat a team well below us in the league.

As it stands now, we're going to be at least 1 game behind all our competitors at the top for at least 2 montjs and 2 until we face Blackburn. 2 months on is right in the run in, when there will have been more games, maybe more injuries, suspensions and fatigue. This game will be rearranged for a few days after another league game where all our regulars will presumably play. Let alone the psychological implications of playing catch up constantly. If we slip up too that pressure will be exacerbated. Bad news this is.

You are looking far to deep into it, Brentford imploding has made it a good weekend, 3 of the next 4 are at home, only Huddersfield away.

Do the business in the next 4 and we are sitting pretty

I don’t mind this postponement on 15:11 - Feb 14 with 1161 viewsChief

I don’t mind this postponement on 15:06 - Feb 14 by raynor94

You are looking far to deep into it, Brentford imploding has made it a good weekend, 3 of the next 4 are at home, only Huddersfield away.

Do the business in the next 4 and we are sitting pretty

I could be, only time will tell.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

I don’t mind this postponement on 15:15 - Feb 14 with 1158 viewsraynor94

I don’t mind this postponement on 15:11 - Feb 14 by Chief

I could be, only time will tell.

Exactly

I don’t mind this postponement on 19:01 - Feb 14 with 1054 viewsonehunglow

I don’t mind this postponement on 14:34 - Feb 14 by Whiterockin

All about opinions for me the postponement is bad for us. We were not hammered and our confidence did not take a battering nor did we pick up any injuries. We had just played one of the best teams in the world and to then come up against an average Championship team we would have been favorites to pick up 3 points. The step down in opposition strength,speed and technical ability would have given us more time and space to play our game.

We seem to confound people ;fan and media alike.Who farking knows.
It aint gonna be boring anyway

I don’t mind this postponement on 14:04 - Feb 15 with 935 viewspikeypaul

I don’t mind this postponement on 14:34 - Feb 14 by Whiterockin

Exactly my thoughts on it .

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

I don’t mind this postponement on 02:08 - Feb 21 with 789 viewsDr_Parnassus

Win the next 2 home games, 9 points from 12 in the championship is very good.

Not a good day at the office but it can easily be put right. As was said earlier today, this league is mad. Brentford who were sweeping all before them away with ease have just lost 3 in a row against teams most would expect them to steamroller.

3 wins out of every 4 and you are on course for 100+ points on the season. Let’s not get too disheartened.

I don’t mind this postponement on 05:57 - Feb 21 with 776 viewsKeithHaynes

I don’t mind this postponement on 02:08 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Not a good day at the office but it can easily be put right. As was said earlier today, this league is mad. Brentford who were sweeping all before them away with ease have just lost 3 in a row against teams most would expect them to steamroller.

3 wins out of every 4 and you are on course for 100+ points on the season. Let’s not get too disheartened.

Absolutely mate, a meltdown after three or four defeats in a row I can understand, Cardiff do it regularly, but one poor outing with time to correct it ? Not an issue as yet.

I don’t mind this postponement on 08:33 - Feb 21 with 752 views1983

I don’t mind this postponement on 05:57 - Feb 21 by KeithHaynes

Absolutely mate, a meltdown after three or four defeats in a row I can understand, Cardiff do it regularly, but one poor outing with time to correct it ? Not an issue as yet.

Spot on! we looked all out of sorts from the word go you can't just keep winning if your going to lose I'd rather lose to a bottom league club than any of the ones around us, Brentford ,Bournemouth, Reading also lost so not all doom and gloom not that it should be
4th place, 2 games in hand thank you very much and forward.

I'm more concerned as to why Cooper dresses like a coach driver?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 8:36]

I don’t mind this postponement on 08:54 - Feb 21 with 731 viewsangryjack

I don’t mind this postponement on 08:33 - Feb 21 by 1983

Spot on! we looked all out of sorts from the word go you can't just keep winning if your going to lose I'd rather lose to a bottom league club than any of the ones around us, Brentford ,Bournemouth, Reading also lost so not all doom and gloom not that it should be

Don't know about coach driver but he looks like he just walked out of my mates on a Sunday morning after being on the nonsense all night..a few my mates look like him that's for sure after a night up his house..
I don’t mind this postponement on 09:09 - Feb 21 with 721 viewsThornburyswan

Good points, well made - things will look clearer after the next two home games I suspect.

On Cooper’s look suspect his satnav stopped working around mid-afternoon yesterday!
I don’t mind this postponement on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 689 viewsAndyCole

You’re right - got a bit of a Dave Coaches look about him .

We often look off the pace but 9/10 confidently muster a win. It looked that way at half time as some of the pundits and better posters commented.

Postponements are generally detrimental for us, we thrive on both momentum and a dog fight.

Players and coaches will definitely learn from this. Some fans never will, either through choice or lack of understanding.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

I don’t mind this postponement on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 689 views34dfgdf54

I don’t mind this postponement on 02:08 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

If we beat Coventry Wednesday then this one will be forgotten about, and rightly so. Each game as it comes, it’s the performances I’m more concerned with.

I always think of the Bielsa sides in Spain who blew our end of season, even his Leeds side two seasons back. I know we don’t play anywhere near the same game as them but with the games coming as they have done this season due to Covid, and Cooper’s lack of rotation, and even with our lack of changes made during the game compared to other teams in division, I’ve been expecting a big burn out. The last two games hasn’t helped eased my worry.
I don’t mind this postponement on 10:10 - Feb 21 with 668 viewsonehunglow

Let us be honest with ourselves.Really honest.
We are all feeling like shyte and HOPING this isnt the start of an implosion.
It's some fans ways of coping with the disappointment of yesterday and don't tell me anyone is not disappointed. If people feel as such,it is simple human nature to get all shyttey.Denying that is kidding yourself

Our fans seem prone to this.Reading Brentford's board they were 100& livid bitching,slagging off,criticising,insulting and being generally nasty.Us?,nah,we are better than that .Innit.

We are looking for positives; Current league position,money spent,young manager in first season,Gritty ground out wins,defensive record and games in hand.

Not so long ago,cradiff were seen as a joke as was McCarthy.Oh how we laughed and took the pyss out of their position and the fact Wilson was "lost" and Moore was a carhorse.

So,the lesson is not to believe sport chews you up and spits you out

I don’t mind this postponement on 11:04 - Feb 21 with 649 views34dfgdf54

I don’t mind this postponement on 10:10 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

It's some fans ways of coping with the disappointment of yesterday and don't tell me anyone is not disappointed. If people feel as such,it is simple human nature to get all shyttey.Denying that is kidding yourself

Our fans seem prone to this.Reading Brentford's board they were 100& livid bitching,slagging off,criticising,insulting and being generally nasty.Us?,nah,we are better than that .Innit.

We are looking for positives; Current league position,money spent,young manager in first season,Gritty ground out wins,defensive record and games in hand.

Not so long ago,cradiff were seen as a joke as was McCarthy.Oh how we laughed and took the pyss out of their position and the fact Wilson was "lost" and Moore was a carhorse.

First paragraph is 100% how I’m feeling to be honest.
I don’t mind this postponement on 11:07 - Feb 21 with 648 viewsKeithHaynes

Just one defeat.

I don’t mind this postponement on 11:54 - Feb 21 with 629 views1983

I don’t mind this postponement on 10:10 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

If that one game makes you feel like shyte then you obviously haven't been watching Swansea City that long.

I'm a lot more concerned about Morris and how he is and how his injury could affect the rest of our season than just crying over one result

Now roll on Wednesday

I don’t mind this postponement on 12:56 - Feb 21 with 608 viewsDr_Parnassus

Unbelievable. 1 defeat in our last 10 league games. 7 of those being wins.

I honestly would not like to be in the trenches with some of our supporters.

This league is notorious for how competitive it is, anyone can lose to anyone. One defeat and we have to hide the knives for some.

Relax.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024