Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Virtue Signalling 13:46 - Apr 24 with 2450 viewsYrAlarch

So last night we had another round of virtue signalling. I guess half of those out on their doorsteps in my area voted Conservative in the last Election and have done so for many years previous to that. As has been mentioned on this site before, their MPs, to a man, in 2017 voted against a pay rise for NHS Staff. Also since 2010 their Government has consistently deprived the NHS (and other Public Services) of funds. But all of a sudden, because they, my neighbours, feel they might need the NHS (normally they would use Private Healthcare facilities) they have become staunch supporters and want everyone else to know that.
Seeing Hancock on the telly out clapping left me profoundly cynical. If it wasn't for this crisis he would be busy making sure that the NHS did not get the Funds it needs to provide a service the public deserves and the Pay/Salaries it's frontline staff deserves.
Btw someone mentioned that there are 35 clapping days left till Christmas.
Virtue Signalling on 13:52 - Apr 24 with 1878 viewsdickythorpe

Right, go and watch Rhod Gilbert's program and go and see a hospital in action.
Speak to a nurse, doctor, porter.
Speak to a patient, speak to a recovered patient that has recently returned from hospital.
Speak to friends or family of an NHS worker.
Virtue Signalling on 13:53 - Apr 24 with 1870 viewsCatullus

I'm hoping that there are several good things to come out of this pandemic. One of them, hopefully, will be that no government (from now on) will ever take the NHS for granted again. Again hopefully, public opinion will be so very much in favour of a fully funded NHS and very vocally so that no politician can ever think they can get away with shortchanging it.

We didn't do the clap ourselves and my wife (NHS worker) agrees it's becoming meaningless, another far too regular occurence, it should be special not the norm.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Virtue Signalling on 13:57 - Apr 24 with 1862 viewsYrAlarch

Btw I am writing as someone who does not vote Conservative and supports the NHS and the principles behind it. But not let us forget all the other workers who are putting themselves at risk at this time. Police Officers, Fire fighters, Paramedics, Refuse Collectors, Postmen, Volunteers etc etc
Virtue Signalling on 14:05 - Apr 24 with 1844 viewsCatullus

Virtue Signalling on 13:57 - Apr 24 by YrAlarch

Btw I am writing as someone who does not vote Conservative and supports the NHS and the principles behind it. But not let us forget all the other workers who are putting themselves at risk at this time. Police Officers, Fire fighters, Paramedics, Refuse Collectors, Postmen, Volunteers etc etc

I used to be a Labour voter, until Blair, then Corbyn drove me further away.

Those other workers, if not for them (lets not forget supermarket/shop staff) then the whole place would come to a juddering halt and we'd be in anarchy in a week or less. This virus has shown (though why people needed showing is beyond me) that everybody is important and we all need each other.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Virtue Signalling on 14:51 - Apr 24 with 1799 viewssainthelens

My daughter is on the frontline for the NHS, and its heartwarming to see neighbours out showing appreciation for them all.
If yer inclined not to, then well done for being a total cvnt.
Virtue Signalling on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 1783 viewsDarran

Virtue Signalling on 14:51 - Apr 24 by sainthelens

My daughter is on the frontline for the NHS, and its heartwarming to see neighbours out showing appreciation for them all.

Absolutely Sainty shes a hero but the my street is better than your street bollox on social media is complete bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Virtue Signalling on 15:14 - Apr 24 with 1759 viewslondonlisa2001

Everyone here has been on the doorsteps or hanging from windows every week. It makes us all feel like a community as well as being the least we can do to show thanks I think, but I also think the organised mass displays on Westminster Bridge have been appalling.
Virtue Signalling on 15:28 - Apr 24 with 1732 viewsraynor94

Where are you living where half your neighbours vote Tory?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Virtue Signalling on 15:31 - Apr 24 with 1723 viewscentrestandswan

Virtue Signalling on 14:05 - Apr 24 by Catullus

I used to be a Labour voter, until Blair, then Corbyn drove me further away.

Those other workers, if not for them (lets not forget supermarket/shop staff) then the whole place would come to a juddering halt and we'd be in anarchy in a week or less. This virus has shown (though why people needed showing is beyond me) that everybody is important and we all need each other.

Interesting comment regards the Labour Party, if not Blair or Corbyn , may I ask what sort of Labour leader you would be supportive of ? Because the two you mention are far apart regards ideology , not being funny this is a genuine question.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Virtue Signalling on 15:34 - Apr 24 with 1715 viewsLohengrin

Virtue Signalling on 15:14 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

Everyone here has been on the doorsteps or hanging from windows every week. It makes us all feel like a community as well as being the least we can do to show thanks I think, but I also think the organised mass displays on Westminster Bridge have been appalling.

A big Hovis wagon turned up at Singleton Hospital this morning with a free loaf for staff so they didn’t have to queue at the shops when they finished their shift.

A lovely touch and all done without fanfare.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Virtue Signalling on 15:37 - Apr 24 with 1710 viewsraynor94

Virtue Signalling on 14:56 - Apr 24 by Darran

Absolutely Sainty shes a hero but the my street is better than your street bollox on social media is complete bollox.

Somebody on social media last night was advocating painting a red cross on the door of people who hadn't come out!

Virtue Signalling on 15:38 - Apr 24 with 1708 viewsCatullus

Virtue Signalling on 14:56 - Apr 24 by Darran

We did the clap once, we tend not to do the public displays. I prefer other ways, such as taking small presents like a box of cadburty's heroes in to my appointments and saying thank you personally.
My wife is NHS, my sister is an Oncology nurse and I sadly take up far too much NHS time. I am very aware of and very grateful for the NHS and the unsung heroes, unsung no more.

I agree with you Daz and calling people chunts for not clapping is absurd.

Virtue Signalling on 15:56 - Apr 24 with 1678 viewsDarran

Virtue Signalling on 15:37 - Apr 24 by raynor94

Somebody on social media last night was advocating painting a red cross on the door of people who hadn't come out!

I can believe that Rayns.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Virtue Signalling on 16:12 - Apr 24 with 1651 viewsSoberBaker

I didn't do the clap last night because the standard of tik-toks performed in hospitals this past week has been shyte.

AMOW

Virtue Signalling on 16:21 - Apr 24 with 1634 viewsbuilthjack

Virtue Signalling on 15:37 - Apr 24 by raynor94

So Phillip Schofield didn't get one?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Virtue Signalling on 16:33 - Apr 24 with 1619 viewskrunchykarrot

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/feedthenhswales

Dont clap , just click a couple of quid.
Virtue Signalling on 16:44 - Apr 24 with 1601 viewsJackfath

What happened to the "signing the national anthem " virtue signalling fest that was apparent a week or so ago?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Virtue Signalling on 16:49 - Apr 24 with 1593 viewsNeath_Jack

Virtue Signalling on 16:12 - Apr 24 by SoberBaker

I didn't do the clap last night because the standard of tik-toks performed in hospitals this past week has been shyte.

You must be one of those total chunts that saint is talking about

What a load of bollocks eh, if you don't conform to how someone thinks you should behave, then you are a so and so. You see it on this site all the time, and social media has gone into overdrive with it.

Everyone trying to prove they care more, are affected more, have more respect than you.

Same with Remembrance Day, same as how many away games you go to etc etc. We've turned into the worst kind of curtain twitchers. Cwmavon has a lot of competition these days...

People need to chill out and just be more tolerant.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Virtue Signalling on 16:50 - Apr 24 with 1590 viewsJackfath

Virtue Signalling on 16:49 - Apr 24 by Neath_Jack

What a load of bollocks eh, if you don't conform to how someone thinks you should behave, then you are a so and so. You see it on this site all the time, and social media has gone into overdrive with it.

Everyone trying to prove they care more, are affected more, have more respect than you.

Same with Remembrance Day, same as how many away games you go to etc etc. We've turned into the worst kind of curtain twitchers. Cwmavon has a lot of competition these days...

Well said, my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Virtue Signalling on 16:54 - Apr 24 with 1584 viewsCatullus

Virtue Signalling on 15:31 - Apr 24 by centrestandswan

Interesting comment regards the Labour Party, if not Blair or Corbyn , may I ask what sort of Labour leader you would be supportive of ? Because the two you mention are far apart regards ideology , not being funny this is a genuine question.

I voted for Blair first of all but had walked away from Labour because he was untrustworthy beyond the pale. Corbyn is far too left wing, Marxist even.

Starmer has a chance, he's no Marxist and I'm hoping he's just left of centre. It's a wait and see situation but I could possibly vote for Starmer. It'll depend on policies obviously so it's early to say.

When you ask 'what sort' it's hard to answer because most people's parameters change as they get older. Who I could have voted for 30 years ago is very different to who I could vote for now or in 10 years time. 30 years back I would probably have been a Corbynite.

Virtue Signalling on 17:10 - Apr 24 with 1566 viewsbuilthjack

I clapped on Thursday, sang on Monday, and danced on Saturday.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Virtue Signalling on 17:11 - Apr 24 with 1563 viewssainthelens

Virtue Signalling on 16:12 - Apr 24 by SoberBaker

Pr!ck.
Virtue Signalling on 17:18 - Apr 24 with 1553 viewsCatullus

Exactly NJ, doing the clap doesn't mean you are a great person or does Bojo doing it mean people have changed their minds about him?

Much better to be like Fath and not advertise how fantastic you are but actually (quietly) do something that counts.

I didn't really see the day coming I'd be posting something nice about Fath, feck me the world HAS chnaged.

Virtue Signalling on 17:22 - Apr 24 with 1538 viewsraynor94

This!

Virtue Signalling on 17:25 - Apr 24 with 1532 viewsNeath_Jack

Virtue Signalling on 17:18 - Apr 24 by Catullus

Exactly NJ, doing the clap doesn't mean you are a great person or does Bojo doing it mean people have changed their minds about him?

Much better to be like Fath and not advertise how fantastic you are but actually (quietly) do something that counts.

I didn't really see the day coming I'd be posting something nice about Fath, feck me the world HAS chnaged.

What people need to remember is that Planet Swans personalities, are quite often nothing like the real life personalities. People get sucked in way too easily, in their clamour to try and get one over on the next poster.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024