Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today 16:19 - May 2 with 1687 viewstheloneranger

2nd May 1981 .. The First Division was beckoning ...

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 16:29 - May 2 with 1675 viewsNortbankboy

One of the best days of my life!
And I ended up on the pitch after the game
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 16:36 - May 2 with 1669 viewsAl_Bundy

Remember that game like it was yesterday.. and those Blackburn fans to the right of us..
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 18:43 - May 2 with 1609 viewsjohnlangy

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 16:29 - May 2 by Nortbankboy

One of the best days of my life!
And I ended up on the pitch after the game

Too right. Remember the header they had from a corner when they almost came back to 2-2. Directly in front of us. Sooooooooooo close.
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 18:49 - May 2 with 1604 viewssainthelens

Amazing day. As a 15yr old, I literally thought life will never get better.
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 18:58 - May 2 with 1597 viewsBadlands

Remember it like yesterday.
I was working in the Midlands and had to drive to Swansea to join the coach armada only to pass within a mile of my lodgings!!
Also recall the number of Liverpool fan busses with good luck Swansea messages in their windows.
Went absolutely bonkers when Charles scored.
The only downside was Preston were relegated and Cardiff stayed up :-(

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 21:21 - May 2 with 1518 views3swan

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 16:36 - May 2 by Al_Bundy

Remember that game like it was yesterday.. and those Blackburn fans to the right of us..

Unless there were two groups they were to our left. Then again always thought you didn't know your left from right
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 21:31 - May 2 with 1506 viewsOldjack

I lost a flask of vodka that day ,up in the air it flew never to be seen again ,what a wonderful day

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 21:36 - May 2 with 1498 viewsPentyrchJack

Absolutely magic and THE best ever game I experienced as a 12 year old with my dad. Remember going on a Morris Bros coach.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Login to get fewer ads

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 01:16 - May 3 with 1446 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 21:36 - May 2 by PentyrchJack

Absolutely magic and THE best ever game I experienced as a 12 year old with my dad. Remember going on a Morris Bros coach.

I was 13 and went up with my dad on one of the 2 football specials trains. Unbelievable. Got bricked by the Cardys passing through Bridgend.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 02:03 - May 3 with 1436 viewsTNT

My brother would have been 66 today. I sat on the fence at the end of the game and watched as he was the first over the fence and on the pitch.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 08:04 - May 3 with 1371 viewspatchboy

i sat down by the floodlight pylon and had tears running down my cheeks.
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 17:48 - May 3 with 1249 viewsCatullus

I was there with 2 friends, one was called Alan who died when we were 19. The other was a kid whose name I can't remember, we called him Ossie because he was Australian, he was at our school for a year or so then his parents went back to Aus and we never saw him or heard from him again!

On the way up our bus got a flat on the M50 and the driver didn't have the equipment, we were stuck there for over an hour until a passing lorry driver came to our rescue. We just about made kick off.

A joyous day for any 14 year old.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 18:24 - May 3 with 1239 viewsswancity

One of my favourite days out as a Swans fan

As a 19 year old in a mini bus with 🍺 and lots of it

The game went exactly the way you wanted it to go

10,000 Swans fans in a crowd of around 17,000 I think it was

Fantastic memories. ❤️

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 23:29 - May 3 with 1181 viewsbuilthjack

Brilliant day. After the game, One Step Beyond was being played on a local boy racers car, at full pelt, and about 500 Swans fans surrounded the car and danced like crazy. So funny at the time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 07:56 - May 4 with 1134 viewskarnataka

As my brother & I got back to our car after the game, a couple of lads asked if we were Swansea fans and we thought, hello, were in for a ruck here, but it turned out they were Jacks who were on their way to the station and had found their way barred by a mob of angry Blackburn fans and just wanted a lift to the station which we were glad to provide.
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 18:45 - May 4 with 1043 viewsAl_Bundy

Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 01:16 - May 3 by Brynmill_Jack

I was 13 and went up with my dad on one of the 2 football specials trains. Unbelievable. Got bricked by the Cardys passing through Bridgend.

We did get bricked... great going up the train and getting on the double decker busses
Preston 1 v 3 Swansea ... 39 Years Ago Today on 23:49 - May 9 with 884 viewsTNT

We smashed that game, fair play!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024