Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid inquiry 09:42 - May 13 with 697 viewsbritferry

Gonna start once the virus has been beaten. I wonder how much of a whitewash it will be?

Just seen this on the telly, previous inquiries:
1966 Aberfan - 3 months
2011 Leveson in to the press - 1 year
2002 Shipman - 3 years
2009 Chilcot Iraq war - 7 years
1998 Bl00dy Sunday - 12 years & £195m

so its gonna be a another big win for the lawyers

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Covid inquiry on 10:17 - May 13 with 665 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m pretty certain the torys will win on points mate, especially when the vaccine strategy is investigated, purchasing all those doses and putting Britain first went down well with many. The handling of it from the start was poor but then that seemed to be the same in many countries, not dealing with all those people who were travelling everywhere as they wanted last summer will be the problem.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Covid inquiry on 10:39 - May 13 with 650 viewsWhiterockin

Covid inquiry on 10:17 - May 13 by KeithHaynes

I’m pretty certain the torys will win on points mate, especially when the vaccine strategy is investigated, purchasing all those doses and putting Britain first went down well with many. The handling of it from the start was poor but then that seemed to be the same in many countries, not dealing with all those people who were travelling everywhere as they wanted last summer will be the problem.

Boris made many mistakes in the early days and they should not have happened. But this pandemic created exceptional circumstances with no history of the correct procedure to follow. Hopefully it will all come out in the inquiry, but I don't expect blame will be attributed.
Covid inquiry on 11:53 - May 13 with 620 viewsonehunglow

No government anywhere ha faced this issue before.Countless people have died world wide and although Boris has made mistakes we stand in a better place than most.

Boris is too populist and my biggest criticism was not enforcing lockdown and that unforgivable Xmas let up. THAT was unforgivable.
Also,his puerile belief in the British common sense,proof he is from another world.We are a selfish nation of farkwits but somehow we manage .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Covid inquiry on 13:04 - May 13 with 592 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I wonder if Drakeford and Sturgeon will also have independent public enquiries .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Covid inquiry on 13:05 - May 13 with 587 viewsonehunglow

Covid inquiry on 13:04 - May 13 by felixstowe_jack

I wonder if Drakeford and Sturgeon will also have independent public enquiries .

Think Labour will see to that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Covid inquiry on 14:40 - May 13 with 571 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Drakeford has said he will not hold an inquiry into how Welsh Labour handled the Covid response.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Covid inquiry on 18:34 - May 13 with 514 viewsFlashberryjack

Covid inquiry on 13:04 - May 13 by felixstowe_jack

No they won't, even though Drakeford's handling of the virus isn't as good as he makes it out to have been, never mind, he can always blame Boris.

As for the enquiry, hindsight really is a wonderful thing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Covid inquiry on 18:38 - May 13 with 512 viewsbritferry

Covid inquiry on 18:34 - May 13 by Flashberryjack

No they won't, even though Drakeford's handling of the virus isn't as good as he makes it out to have been, never mind, he can always blame Boris.

As for the enquiry, hindsight really is a wonderful thing.

looks like he's already blaming Vaughan Gething

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid inquiry on 18:40 - May 13 with 512 viewsmax936

Another mistake and a big one, was not closing the borders and stopping people flying into the country, same seems to be happening with this Indian variant.

People bragging that they have flown from Red zone countries to safer countries and then to here, disgusting and it should have been stopped and those that did it jailed.

Nearly bust the keys on my lap top typing that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Covid inquiry on 18:57 - May 13 with 507 viewsCatullus

We all know of the mistake made, by Bojo AND Drakeford. Bojo was the worst, not stopping international travel and even now, people returning from India with the new variant and the spread of it causing fresh concerns, it's gross stupidity.

I really want to find out the truth about the contracts handed out, was there actually anything legally wrong and if there was they should name, shame and punish. The rules around these things need to be much tighter but the pigs want as mnay troughs as possible to snuffle in so they'll change very little but will try to reassure us things ahve been done, lessons learned blah blah blah...and the swamp will get a little deeper and murkier.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Covid inquiry on 19:01 - May 13 with 504 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Covid inquiry on 11:53 - May 13 by onehunglow

No government anywhere ha faced this issue before.Countless people have died world wide and although Boris has made mistakes we stand in a better place than most.

Boris is too populist and my biggest criticism was not enforcing lockdown and that unforgivable Xmas let up. THAT was unforgivable.
Also,his puerile belief in the British common sense,proof he is from another world.We are a selfish nation of farkwits but somehow we manage .

You jest surely.
The Asian Countries had to go through this twice, with SARS1 and the much more deadly MERS.
It was most of the rest of the world that did not.
Which is why those countries fared far better than the majority.
They had the correct protocols in place.
Covid inquiry on 19:26 - May 13 with 495 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Covid inquiry on 18:38 - May 13 by britferry

Vaughan who? He has gone.

Covid inquiry on 19:44 - May 13 with 478 viewsCatullus

Covid inquiry on 19:26 - May 13 by felixstowe_jack

Vaughan who? He has gone.

Gone......BLAMING.....he's been put in charge of the economy! The Peter principle in full flow, just wait til Drakeford leaves!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Covid inquiry on 20:03 - May 13 with 459 viewsGwyn737

Covid inquiry on 18:57 - May 13 by Catullus

We all know of the mistake made, by Bojo AND Drakeford. Bojo was the worst, not stopping international travel and even now, people returning from India with the new variant and the spread of it causing fresh concerns, it's gross stupidity.

I really want to find out the truth about the contracts handed out, was there actually anything legally wrong and if there was they should name, shame and punish. The rules around these things need to be much tighter but the pigs want as mnay troughs as possible to snuffle in so they'll change very little but will try to reassure us things ahve been done, lessons learned blah blah blah...and the swamp will get a little deeper and murkier.

Agreed. The additional mistake Johnson made was sending millions of children back to school for one day in January before u-turning and closing up.

The vaccine program has been superb and quite rightly should be lauded.

On the flip side there MUST be accountability for the £35 billion spent on a useless track and trace, and all the seemingly dodgy contract awards.
Covid inquiry on 20:39 - May 13 with 435 viewsCatullus

Covid inquiry on 20:03 - May 13 by Gwyn737

Agreed. The additional mistake Johnson made was sending millions of children back to school for one day in January before u-turning and closing up.

The vaccine program has been superb and quite rightly should be lauded.

On the flip side there MUST be accountability for the £35 billion spent on a useless track and trace, and all the seemingly dodgy contract awards.

I kept our son home from school the week before they decided to close schools. It turned out a few kids in his class and some teachers had the virus and by the dates they probably caught it the week I stopped him going.
When I found out his form teacher had it I felt vindicated. The government were slow to react and showed no common sense. More worried about money than lives. The ironu is, they were more concerned about money but then spunked tens of billions away on dodgy contracts. If we had closed down international travel straight we may have saved many lives. Even now people are coming here/returning from red zones and Bolton is looking quite unstable. This new Indian variant is apparently causing Bojo concern, the answer seems simple, quarantine camps at airports. Everyone gets tested and only released when they test negative twice. Of course some people will call it draconian and then they'll probably moan ( when they lose a family member ) the government did nothing.

Myself and my wife have had both doses now but we are still careful.

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:01 - May 14 with 370 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Covid inquiry on 18:38 - May 13 by britferry

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024