Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. 10:00 - Jul 28 with 1337 viewsonehunglow

8/10.

Possibly 9/10 for worry

We really do not learn ,folks.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 1156 viewsPBJ

Covid happened for all the teams to be fair.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 17:18]

Always go with the Facts.

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:02 - Jul 28 with 1155 viewsKeithHaynes

It could soon be as rosey as they come in no time, such is the way with football.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:07 - Jul 28 with 1141 viewsraynor94

Look on the bright side, you could be a Cardiff fan, lost 0-4 to Southampton last night

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:10 - Jul 28 with 1132 viewsonehunglow

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:07 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Look on the bright side, you could be a Cardiff fan, lost 0-4 to Southampton last night

Not really interested in those Ray.

I am rather concerned and was just sensing the general mood in our fan base.

I really should be going to the Blackburn game.Only an hour and a bit for me.

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:13 - Jul 28 with 1108 viewsraynor94

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:10 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

Not really interested in those Ray.

I am rather concerned and was just sensing the general mood in our fan base.

I really should be going to the Blackburn game.Only an hour and a bit for me.

Being light hearted, and looking for a positive spin.

Just hope the new manager is in place before the weekend

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:17 - Jul 28 with 1102 viewsonehunglow

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:13 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Being light hearted, and looking for a positive spin.

Just hope the new manager is in place before the weekend

Good for you.
#
I haven't done that course however

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:18 - Jul 28 with 1102 viewsWhiterockin

We have lost a manager who didn't want to be here and another who didn't want to come. Currently looking at two possible managers both of which I would be happy to see here. Signed a couple of useful players and lost some loans and out of contract players. Undoubtedly we are weaker now than at the end of the season, but the window is still open for a month so anything could change. Roberts out for a bit is a big miss, but Cabango should be back soon. Pre season match wise has been disappointing partly due to covid, but there is a game tonight and Saturday.

So all in all I'm not really disappointed, I would rather we get the right manager in the end.
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:21 - Jul 28 with 1090 viewsraynor94

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:18 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

We have lost a manager who didn't want to be here and another who didn't want to come. Currently looking at two possible managers both of which I would be happy to see here. Signed a couple of useful players and lost some loans and out of contract players. Undoubtedly we are weaker now than at the end of the season, but the window is still open for a month so anything could change. Roberts out for a bit is a big miss, but Cabango should be back soon. Pre season match wise has been disappointing partly due to covid, but there is a game tonight and Saturday.

So all in all I'm not really disappointed, I would rather we get the right manager in the end.

Good post!

Login to get fewer ads

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:41 - Jul 28 with 1040 viewsItchySphincter

Too early to tell.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:46 - Jul 28 with 1036 viewsguthrieintherain

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:18 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

The number of people who have said to me they are not to hopeful for the new season it is disheartening of course it is.

We have lost the spine of our squad replacing Guehi is a big worry as is Ayew and likely Grimes.
No Roberts till October either.

If the club were aware Cooper wanted out in June the way they have gone about replacing is pi$$ poor really.

On the plus side we have 14000 season ticket holders and at 299 quid each the cheapest in the league.

So while I am disappointed with the close season to put it mildly I am still looking forward to it.

A glutton for punishment perhaps.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 11:02 - Jul 28 with 1014 viewsWhiterockin

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:46 - Jul 28 by guthrieintherain

The number of people who have said to me they are not to hopeful for the new season it is disheartening of course it is.

We have lost the spine of our squad replacing Guehi is a big worry as is Ayew and likely Grimes.
No Roberts till October either.

If the club were aware Cooper wanted out in June the way they have gone about replacing is pi$$ poor really.

On the plus side we have 14000 season ticket holders and at 299 quid each the cheapest in the league.

So while I am disappointed with the close season to put it mildly I am still looking forward to it.

A glutton for punishment perhaps.

Lets be honest every season for the last 10 years people have told me they are not hopeful for the coming season.

On a footnote its not £299 a season many pay less as in children and oldies.
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 11:04 - Jul 28 with 1006 viewsguthrieintherain

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 11:02 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

Lets be honest every season for the last 10 years people have told me they are not hopeful for the coming season.

On a footnote its not £299 a season many pay less as in children and oldies.

Yes was just on about adult tickets either way good value.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 11:16 - Jul 28 with 972 viewsBoundy

pre seasons are just that , yes its nice have decent results but imo ,in the scheme of how the season pans out then it means little

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:11 - Jul 28 with 915 viewsjack247

At the moment it’s one of the worst, not as bad as the firesale three years ago, but we all knew that was coming.

As it stands, we’ve got no manager and a weakened squad, it’s hard to dress that up.

If we get the right man in now however, things could turn around quickly. Both Martin and Morris appear to be decent options. I’m actually cautiously optimistic, just praying we don’t cock this appointment up.
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:16 - Jul 28 with 908 viewsonehunglow

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:11 - Jul 28 by jack247

At the moment it’s one of the worst, not as bad as the firesale three years ago, but we all knew that was coming.

As it stands, we’ve got no manager and a weakened squad, it’s hard to dress that up.

If we get the right man in now however, things could turn around quickly. Both Martin and Morris appear to be decent options. I’m actually cautiously optimistic, just praying we don’t cock this appointment up.

Agree really but we must secure Martin or tings will be really awry for the start of the season.

I am,comme d'habitude, pretty pessimistic .

We have screwed up our best chances of returning to the Prem and I fear we will become simply a pretty mundane lower league club,after having really eaten well at the top table.

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:20 - Jul 28 with 895 viewsjack247

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:16 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

Agree really but we must secure Martin or tings will be really awry for the start of the season.

I am,comme d'habitude, pretty pessimistic .

We have screwed up our best chances of returning to the Prem and I fear we will become simply a pretty mundane lower league club,after having really eaten well at the top table.

I’m trying not to get too excited about Martin. Keith has said it’s just a tentative approach at the moment and Winter isn’t rushing in.

We were at a comparable point with Bielsa a few years ago.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do bring him or Morris in soon, equally I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tate in charge at Blackburn.
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:31 - Jul 28 with 874 viewsWhiterockin

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:20 - Jul 28 by jack247

I’m trying not to get too excited about Martin. Keith has said it’s just a tentative approach at the moment and Winter isn’t rushing in.

We were at a comparable point with Bielsa a few years ago.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do bring him or Morris in soon, equally I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tate in charge at Blackburn.

I can remember when football clubs advertised for a manager in the newspaper. Some of the applicants were real nutters.
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:40 - Jul 28 with 847 viewsvetchonian

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:31 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

I can remember when football clubs advertised for a manager in the newspaper. Some of the applicants were real nutters.

We have had a few in out time!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 15:06 - Jul 28 with 740 viewsCatullus

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 10:41 - Jul 28 by ItchySphincter

Too early to tell.

I agree with Itchy. Pre season isn't over yet and anyway, how can we judge it before knowing what it leads us to?
What if pre season seems a bit miserable but our youngsters put together a good season? What if we land a manager who turns out to be really good?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 15:51 - Jul 28 with 698 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Cooper saga has created delay. Can we catch up?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 18:41 - Jul 28 with 625 viewsKeithHaynes

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 12:31 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

I remember Phil Sumbler being in the running in a local bookies, I was going to be his assistant before moving on to Cardiff. 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 18:49 - Jul 28 with 619 viewsBillyChong

It’s been a fantastic pre season. We’ll have saved a month on a managers wage, the incoming manager won’t have enough time to spend money in the transfer market. Get a few quid for our club captain and it’s been an absolute belter. Yours, J. Levein.
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 18:57 - Jul 28 with 614 viewspencoedjack

2nd highest spenders in the championship, lost players who we realistically knew wouldn’t be here this season, rid of a manager most fans wanted gone (I wasn’t one of them), turned down by a manager who obviously hasn’t got the balls to be a number 1 & stayed at a club who finished well below us a number 2.

Hopefully appoint an up & coming manager albeit 2 weeks too late.

We have had far worse.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 21:16]
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 20:44 - Jul 28 with 563 viewsswan65split

Its started slowly, IMO we should have got rid of Cooper earlier, Realistically we need someone in place in the next few days

Could be a tough start and a long season of effort ahead
How does this pre season rate for disappointment. on 20:49 - Jul 28 with 555 viewsDr_Winston

We haven't had a pre-season since about 2014 when woe and relegation wasn't the general opinion.

Take a look around the leagues and a lot of clubs are in the same boat in terms of fitness and squad selection. There's not much business going on anywhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024