Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New law on killing emergency workers 11:08 - Nov 24 with 965 viewsNotLoyal

If you are on prison licence and you murder an emergency worker or even are convicted of manslaughter you get a compulsory life sentence.

Bravo.

Wife of Andrew Harper the lazy copper not doing his job when he was killed 2 years ago should be awarded a new years honour. RIP Andrew. And the hundreds more who gave their lives in service.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New law on killing emergency workers on 11:16 - Nov 24 with 948 viewsonehunglow

Indeed .
Well said.
We are on the same page here
I believe any assault on Police Fire Ambo and all A'E staff should merit custodial sentence .

As for damaging Fire Engines...

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New law on killing emergency workers on 11:18 - Nov 24 with 950 viewscontroversial_jack

New law on killing emergency workers on 11:16 - Nov 24 by onehunglow

Indeed .
Well said.
We are on the same page here
I believe any assault on Police Fire Ambo and all A'E staff should merit custodial sentence .

As for damaging Fire Engines...

Are their lives valued any higher than say a shop worker?
New law on killing emergency workers on 11:38 - Nov 24 with 938 viewsunion_jack

New law on killing emergency workers on 11:18 - Nov 24 by controversial_jack

Their lives save others' lives. Preventing them doing so by acts of violence should carry a much higher tariff.

I watch these police documentaries and you see what happens to them. They then tell you the sentence the perpetrator got and it's nowhere near enough. It needs to be a suitable punishment as well as a deterrent. It's not that at present.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

New law on killing emergency workers on 11:44 - Nov 24 with 934 viewsCatullus

If you attack people whose job is an emergency service you deserve everything you get and more.
I once witnessed ambulance staff being attacked by a drunken mob when they were trying to help a man in trouble, all of that mob deserved locking up for months in my opinion.

If attacking a shop worker gets you 6 months, which it doesn't but should, attacking emergency services should get you 2 years.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New law on killing emergency workers on 12:07 - Nov 24 with 911 viewsYrAlarch

No, but I think we should recognise the special role of emergency workers.
New law on killing emergency workers on 12:14 - Nov 24 with 908 viewsKeithHaynes

A prescribed emergency services worker by this law is very clear.
The murder or manslaughter of anyone can still carries a life sentence, this is just for morons on prison licence who kill. It was brought about as has been stated by the op by the widow of the murdered police officer a few years back. Shop workers do get murdered but not in public service. However, if I recall a shop worker in Yorkshire who was a special police Constable was kilted about eight years ago. If that helps.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New law on killing emergency workers on 12:49 - Nov 24 with 882 viewsDr_Winston

Any assault on a frontline member of NHS staff carrying out their job should result in a ten year ban from using the NHS. Need to see a GP? Got cancer? Broken your leg? Tough. Go private.

Life for a second offence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New law on killing emergency workers on 12:49 - Nov 24 with 872 viewsRonaldStump

But what if you are fitted up by a corrupt copper ? Can't bring you back from the dead.

I'm all for much harsher sentences to set a deterrent and anybody that harms an emergency worker should be severely punished but by the same token a copper fitting you up should be dealt the same.

(He She Him)

Login to get fewer ads

New law on killing emergency workers on 13:24 - Nov 24 with 840 viewsonehunglow

Barrister just in saying it is wrong.Not the killing but the proposed legislation.
It takes away judge's discretion.

There you go then.

New law on killing emergency workers on 13:42 - Nov 24 with 825 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Excellent. She certainly deserves an honour.

Hopefully she continues and we soon see much tougher minimum sentences for other crimes committed against emergency workers.

Assaulting one on the job should be an immediate and lengthy custodial sentence. Even verbally abusing them should be punished much more harshly.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New law on killing emergency workers on 13:50 - Nov 24 with 816 viewscontroversial_jack

I believe everyone should be entitled to the same protection under law, regardless of their occupation. You can't differentiate just because they do a more important job than anyone else. We have laws enough, they just need to be enforced by the courts. This is where the problem lies.
New law on killing emergency workers on 14:48 - Nov 24 with 790 viewsBoundy

Anyone who has chosen to serve the public and represent the laws that govern us should expect to be respected , respect, a word forgotten by todays society regardless of your standing in the community.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

New law on killing emergency workers on 15:56 - Nov 24 with 773 viewsSirjohnalot

This doesn't mean that they'll never be released, its a 'mandatory life sentence' same for any murder. It's different to a 'whole life sentence' which means you ever get released. In effect the people that killed Mr Harper, under this law would have probably received exactly the same sentence as the jury found them guilty of manslaughter.

Cannot see how this changes anything.
New law on killing emergency workers on 17:41 - Nov 24 with 708 viewsFlashberryjack

A life is a life IMO, no matter what job they they do.

God forbid any member of my family being murdered, but if it did happen, I'd want the murderer jailed for life, at the very least.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New law on killing emergency workers on 17:47 - Nov 24 with 703 viewsonehunglow

New law on killing emergency workers on 17:41 - Nov 24 by Flashberryjack

A life is a life IMO, no matter what job they they do.

God forbid any member of my family being murdered, but if it did happen, I'd want the murderer jailed for life, at the very least.

And how would you feel if the Perp was found not guilty on a legal technicality.
Barrister on luncheon tv UPSET judges will have discretion taken away on this issue

We should have capital deterrent

We haven’t the guts to have it.

New law on killing emergency workers on 18:56 - Nov 24 with 679 views73__73

I don’t see why police etc should have any preferential treatment. An assault is an assault regardless who the victim is.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

New law on killing emergency workers on 19:29 - Nov 24 with 659 viewsSirjohnalot

Following on from mine above there’s also this amendment

The move extends mandatory life sentences to anyone who commits the manslaughter of an emergency worker on duty – including police, prison officers, firefighters and paramedics – while carrying out another crime unless there are truly exceptional circumstances.

And this is the government’s curiously tautological explanation of that get-out clause:

Judges will have the option to impose a different sentence in exceptional circumstances if there are exceptional circumstances which relate to the offender or the offence which would make it unjust to apply the minimum sentence.

Which means that it’s not a mandatory life sentence at all
New law on killing emergency workers on 08:03 - Nov 25 with 601 viewsRonaldStump

New law on killing emergency workers on 19:29 - Nov 24 by Sirjohnalot

Following on from mine above there’s also this amendment

The move extends mandatory life sentences to anyone who commits the manslaughter of an emergency worker on duty – including police, prison officers, firefighters and paramedics – while carrying out another crime unless there are truly exceptional circumstances.

And this is the government’s curiously tautological explanation of that get-out clause:

Judges will have the option to impose a different sentence in exceptional circumstances if there are exceptional circumstances which relate to the offender or the offence which would make it unjust to apply the minimum sentence.

Which means that it’s not a mandatory life sentence at all

What about emergency workers killing people when giving them inoculations through coercion? Who is to blame? The emergency worker, the corporate entity that coerced said person or big pharma with their get out clause?

(He She Him)

New law on killing emergency workers on 19:04 - Nov 25 with 557 viewsSirjohnalot

New law on killing emergency workers on 08:03 - Nov 25 by RonaldStump

What about emergency workers killing people when giving them inoculations through coercion? Who is to blame? The emergency worker, the corporate entity that coerced said person or big pharma with their get out clause?

You know my views, there's no point in us discussing this as our views are so diametrically opposed, we will just annoy each other. Think you told me last time to 'scroll on' or something to that effect, so I'll wish you well and do exactly that
New law on killing emergency workers on 20:38 - Nov 25 with 519 viewsbuilthjack

It won't make any difference to the drugged up, the psychopaths, the gangsters etc. They will still.kill.
It will.just cost more to.keep them.inside.
Hanging would be better.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New law on killing emergency workers on 20:43 - Nov 25 with 515 views73__73

New law on killing emergency workers on 20:38 - Nov 25 by builthjack

It won't make any difference to the drugged up, the psychopaths, the gangsters etc. They will still.kill.
It will.just cost more to.keep them.inside.
Hanging would be better.

How many emergency workers get killed in the U.K. each year. I’d imagine hardly any

New law on killing emergency workers on 20:52 - Nov 25 with 503 viewsFlashberryjack

New law on killing emergency workers on 20:43 - Nov 25 by 73__73

How many emergency workers get killed in the U.K. each year. I’d imagine hardly any

One, is one to many.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New law on killing emergency workers on 20:56 - Nov 25 with 500 views73__73

New law on killing emergency workers on 20:52 - Nov 25 by Flashberryjack

One, is one to many.

You don’t change the law because of one case

New law on killing emergency workers on 21:26 - Nov 25 with 486 viewsSirjohnalot

New law on killing emergency workers on 20:56 - Nov 25 by 73__73

You don’t change the law because of one case

The government have taken advantage of a grieving widow’s pain to implement a law to huge fanfare, which, in reality changes nothing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024