Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis Hamilton 18:42 - Nov 14 with 2862 viewsbritferry

Gets pole position then loses it for a 0.3mm problem with his rear spoiler, so has to start at the back of the Sprint race.

He then finishes 6th in that but has to start 11th in the proper race due to a new engine part.

Actually starts from 10th and goes thru to win, despite Verstapen trying to drive him off the track.

Think what you might about him as a bloke and I do... he's one hell of a great driver.

World championship fight is on to the end, just what we want. I really don't mind if him or Max wins it, its great racing.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Lewis Hamilton on 18:46 - Nov 14 with 1615 viewsWhiterockin

I just hope that Perez getting the fastest lap doesn't come back and bite him.
Lewis Hamilton on 19:54 - Nov 14 with 1564 viewsgrabsplatter

2 brilliant drivers going head to head with no compromise.
With 3 races to go it could go either way & a bit of friction between the teams and drivers just makes it more interesting.
Lewis Hamilton on 22:56 - Nov 14 with 1507 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would he win anything if he was a driver for Haas?

For my money, you could stick any of the drivers in that car and they would win it.

Never been able to get into the sport for that reason.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Lewis Hamilton on 22:58 - Nov 14 with 1507 viewsmax936

How Verstappen got away with forcing Hamilton off the track I don't know, I do know that Hamilton wouldn't have got away with it, not a chance in hell.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Lewis Hamilton on 07:08 - Nov 15 with 1461 viewsjackal

Lewis Hamilton on 22:56 - Nov 14 by Dr_Parnassus

For my money, you could stick any of the drivers in that car and they would win it.

Quite right.

Every aspect of the car is governed by computers nowadays. As you say most of the drivers would win if they had the best car.
Lewis Hamilton on 07:22 - Nov 15 with 1447 viewsDr_Winston

Lewis Hamilton on 07:08 - Nov 15 by jackal

Quite right.

Every aspect of the car is governed by computers nowadays. As you say most of the drivers would win if they had the best car.

If most drivers could win in the best car I wish someone would explain why so many team mates have finished behind Hamilton in the same machinery throughout his career, going right back to his debut season when he finished ahead of the reigning World Champion. If that argument was correct they'd be level pegging for poles or victories, but most are only visible in his rear view mirror.

As far as I can recall he's only ever been beaten in the standings by team mates twice, by Button and Rosberg in seasons where he suffered from more reliability problems than they did.

Truth is you can have the best car you like, but you need a quality driver behind the wheel for the full package. Hamilton is the very best there is at present, and one of the very best of all time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lewis Hamilton on 07:54 - Nov 15 with 1450 viewsDr_Parnassus

Lewis Hamilton on 07:22 - Nov 15 by Dr_Winston

If most drivers could win in the best car I wish someone would explain why so many team mates have finished behind Hamilton in the same machinery throughout his career, going right back to his debut season when he finished ahead of the reigning World Champion. If that argument was correct they'd be level pegging for poles or victories, but most are only visible in his rear view mirror.

As far as I can recall he's only ever been beaten in the standings by team mates twice, by Button and Rosberg in seasons where he suffered from more reliability problems than they did.

Truth is you can have the best car you like, but you need a quality driver behind the wheel for the full package. Hamilton is the very best there is at present, and one of the very best of all time.

Because it makes sense for the team for one driver to win as many points as possible as opposed to sharing them, whoever has the best chance to win the Championship will win the races with the other being a support act.

That's why they are called teams.

Lewis Hamilton on 09:58 - Nov 15 with 1410 viewsonehunglow

F1 does nowt for me as it is so technical.

Bike Racing far closer and infinitely more exciting.

Talking about winning in the best vehicle, Rossi won GP s on nothing like the best bike .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Lewis Hamilton on 10:04 - Nov 15 with 1408 viewsProfessor

Lewis Hamilton on 07:22 - Nov 15 by Dr_Winston

Hamilton and Verstappen are clearly the best drivers. Not just in terms of 'pure' racing but in getting the best from a car and its set-up-Michael Schumacher's greatest strength..

The gap between these guys to Bottas and Perez shows the difference in the driver between good and great..
Lewis Hamilton on 10:05 - Nov 15 with 1408 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Strange how Bottas has only managed 1 win this season in the same car.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Lewis Hamilton on 10:14 - Nov 15 with 1400 viewsDr_Parnassus

Lewis Hamilton on 10:05 - Nov 15 by felixstowe_jack

If Bottas was lead driver for Mercedes I have no doubt he would be leading the Championship.

His win came when Hamilton was 5th, so there was no benefit to him dropping back.

It seems people think that the two drivers in a championship leading car brand both try and win the race.

They don't, preference is always given to the title hope and the other plays wingman.

Essentially a pawn in a chess game clearing the way for the rook.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 10:16]

Lewis Hamilton on 10:14 - Nov 15 with 1396 viewsonehunglow

I think I lost interest in F1 when Jackie Stewart retired

It’s a shame GP bikes and super bikes are very much sidelined in the UK ..

We have a six time world champion in Jon Rae

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lewis Hamilton on 10:16 - Nov 15 with 1395 viewsProfessor

Perez and Bottas have a single win each. Hamilton 6 and Verstappen 9.

Ricciardo (when Verstappen took out Hamilton) and Ocon when Verstappen's car was damaged and Mercedes messed up Hamilton's tyre strategy (he was second) are the only other winners. Whilst it's clear Red Bull and Mercedes have huge advantages in their car, the driver is still important.
Lewis Hamilton on 10:21 - Nov 15 with 1388 viewsDr_Parnassus

Lewis Hamilton on 10:16 - Nov 15 by Professor

Perez and Bottas have a single win each. Hamilton 6 and Verstappen 9.

Ricciardo (when Verstappen took out Hamilton) and Ocon when Verstappen's car was damaged and Mercedes messed up Hamilton's tyre strategy (he was second) are the only other winners. Whilst it's clear Red Bull and Mercedes have huge advantages in their car, the driver is still important.

If Verstappen leaves this season and Perez gets promoted to lead driver with a rookie taking his place as secondary driver...

Perez automatically wins more races, yet his talent doesn't change. The teams strategy then shifts to Perez wins.

So it's not a measure of talent to compare race wins. Only one of the pair is designed to win, the other will only try and win when the other clearly can't. Its a game plan.

I'm not saying Hamilton isn't a good driver either by the way. Just that it is heavily determined by car and where you are in that teams pecking order.

When Hamilton goes, Mercedes won't just stop winning. The next driver will just pick up where Hamilton left.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 10:23]

Lewis Hamilton on 12:13 - Nov 15 with 1358 viewsDr_Winston

Lewis Hamilton on 10:04 - Nov 15 by Professor

Hamilton and Verstappen are clearly the best drivers. Not just in terms of 'pure' racing but in getting the best from a car and its set-up-Michael Schumacher's greatest strength..

The gap between these guys to Bottas and Perez shows the difference in the driver between good and great..

Yep.

There's two easy ways to identify the drivers with the most talent. Their ability in the wet, and their ability to transcend the cars they are in.

I don't think Hamilton has ever gone a full season without at least one race win, which considering he had a dog of a McLaren some years and a still developing Merc in others says a lot.

He's also the acknowledged "Rainmaster" at the moment. There was one last season (Think it was Austria) where he was basically on slicks by the end and still faster than everyone else, even those on suitable rubber.

Yes, the car makes a difference, but the driver is the last 10-20%.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lewis Hamilton on 13:53 - Nov 15 with 1330 viewsVincent_Vega

Lewis Hamilton on 10:21 - Nov 15 by Dr_Parnassus

If Verstappen leaves this season and Perez gets promoted to lead driver with a rookie taking his place as secondary driver...

Perez automatically wins more races, yet his talent doesn't change. The teams strategy then shifts to Perez wins.

So it's not a measure of talent to compare race wins. Only one of the pair is designed to win, the other will only try and win when the other clearly can't. Its a game plan.

I'm not saying Hamilton isn't a good driver either by the way. Just that it is heavily determined by car and where you are in that teams pecking order.

When Hamilton goes, Mercedes won't just stop winning. The next driver will just pick up where Hamilton left.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 10:23]

Following your hypothetical scenario it would be unlikely for Perez to win more, this years and by extension next years cars are designed from the ground up to suit Max's driving style. The main reason Perez wasn't up there for the first 2 thirds of the season is that he had to almost relearn to drive as it was a completely new driving style. Same with Riccardo at McLaren.

I do agree the car is a massive part of the equation but if you compare teammates of each team then it'll separate the wheat from the chaff. I'm no fan of Lewis' persona and off track business but as a driver, he is now probably the greatest especially if he wins this year.

Also on Merc winning if Hamilton goes the same was said when Schumi retired, when Williams were bossing it (granted there were mitigating circumstances), McLaren in the late 90's etc etc. the wheel turns. Next year will be fascinating with the new regs. Hopefully a different team will find a loophole to exploit and charge to the front of the grid.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Lewis Hamilton on 15:27 - Nov 15 with 1311 viewsFlashberryjack

Great driver, but comes over as a complete and utter twonk.

His dress sense could do with a little tuning as well.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lewis Hamilton on 15:36 - Nov 15 with 1311 viewsgrabsplatter

Clearly not because the Hass is rubbish.

Whilst the car is clearly a major factor, if Bottas was the lead Mercedes driver up against Verstappen he wouldn't win the title (both in this seasons cars).
Equally if Perez was lead driver in this years Red Bull up against Hamilton he wouldn't win the title.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 15:42]
Lewis Hamilton on 21:53 - Nov 16 with 1205 viewstheloneranger

Lewis Hamilton on 22:58 - Nov 14 by max936

How Verstappen got away with forcing Hamilton off the track I don't know, I do know that Hamilton wouldn't have got away with it, not a chance in hell.

https://streamable.com/tp7dub

Mercedes have put in for a "Right of Review," because this new evidence was not available to the Stewards at the time of their decision.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Lewis Hamilton on 22:35 - Nov 16 with 1178 viewsmax936

Lewis Hamilton on 21:53 - Nov 16 by theloneranger

Mercedes have put in for a "Right of Review," because this new evidence was not available to the Stewards at the time of their decision.

Yeah, the camera view of the steering wheel, shocking omission, like I said if that had been Lewis he'd have been penalised, he's been on the wrong end of plenty of decisions, seems the hierarchy of F1 doesn't what one Driver dominating the Championships.

Christian Homer is a jealous little worm as well, Red bull are questioning where Mercedes have got their extra straight line speed from now.

He's the best driver in F1 bare non and has been for at least the last 6yrs.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 23:22]

Lewis Hamilton on 22:38 - Nov 16 with 1167 viewsunion_jack

Lewis Hamilton on 22:35 - Nov 16 by max936

Yeah, the camera view of the steering wheel, shocking omission, like I said if that had been Lewis he'd have been penalised, he's been on the wrong end of plenty of decisions, seems the hierarchy of F1 doesn't what one Driver dominating the Championships.

Christian Homer is a jealous little worm as well, Red bull are questioning where Mercedes have got their extra straight line speed from now.

He's the best driver in F1 bare non and has been for at least the last 6yrs.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 23:22]

Christian Horner = Whinger Spice🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lewis Hamilton on 22:42 - Nov 16 with 1162 viewsmax936

Lewis Hamilton on 22:38 - Nov 16 by union_jack

Christian Horner = Whinger Spice🤣

Can't stand him disingenuous spiteful little shit.

Lewis Hamilton on 22:51 - Nov 16 with 1147 viewsunion_jack

Lewis Hamilton on 22:42 - Nov 16 by max936

Can't stand him disingenuous spiteful little shit.

Nor me.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lewis Hamilton on 23:11 - Nov 16 with 1117 viewsgrabsplatter

I'd rather see Verstappen win the title than Hamilton but he should have been penalised for running him off the circuit, can't believe he got away with that.
Lewis Hamilton on 23:25 - Nov 19 with 981 viewstheloneranger

Lewis Hamilton on 21:53 - Nov 16 by theloneranger

Mercedes have been denied their "Right of Review" over the decision not to penalise Max Verstappen during the Sao Paulo Grand Prix.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024