Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr 09:00 - May 26 with 2643 viewsSwansIndependent

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over transfer negotiations 26th May 2022 09:00
Swansea City manager Russell Martin seems extremely keen to get the players he wants in to the club this summer by any means necessary. The first obstacle is cash, but already Swansea City have been in dialogue with Peterborough United regards goalkeeper Steven Benda. 0

Russell in negotiations, click above.
A rustle at the door, click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 09:27 - May 26 with 2565 viewsonehunglow

Martin should have said that about the Fisherman

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:04 - May 26 with 2507 viewsSTID2017

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 09:27 - May 26 by onehunglow

Martin should have said that about the Fisherman

I think it is already on record that the club is looking for another keeper ?
I assume this is as well as Fisher.
As he is still our player for the foreseeable ( whatever his faults ), give the Fisher bashing a rest eh ?
After all he didn't force the club to sign him.
Maybe your anger should be directed to RM ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:14 - May 26 with 2483 viewsKeithHaynes

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:04 - May 26 by STID2017

I think it is already on record that the club is looking for another keeper ?
I assume this is as well as Fisher.
As he is still our player for the foreseeable ( whatever his faults ), give the Fisher bashing a rest eh ?
After all he didn't force the club to sign him.
Maybe your anger should be directed to RM ?

Oh please no, not more 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:20 - May 26 with 2437 viewsDr_Winston

Odd that we've priced someone out of a move.

If you listen to some we'll be selling all our players for a fiver and a couple of bottletops each.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:26 - May 26 with 2414 viewsKeithHaynes

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:20 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

If you listen to some we'll be selling all our players for a fiver and a couple of bottletops each.

If we rate him that highly financially you would have thought a player in that bracket would be an excellent keeper for us.

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:48 - May 26 with 2380 viewsSTID2017

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:14 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

Oh please no, not more 😂

Hopefully not, but unfair for Fisher to get all the mud slung at him.
His performances may have been disappointing, but as I said not his fault he signed for us.

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 12:19 - May 26 with 2259 viewsunion_jack

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:48 - May 26 by STID2017

His performances may have been disappointing, but as I said not his fault he signed for us.

It’s natural though isn’t it. Of course, Martin is to blame here but Fisher is always going to get criticised because he is a poor goalkeeper at this level.

As for signing another keeper, we will need to if Benda goes but I think I know enough of Martin the man to say he’ll be a back up and not replacing his marquee signing.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 12:23 - May 26 with 2252 viewsReslovenSwan1

So who was the player Swansea are interested in? Presumably a young up and coming prospect PUFC do not want to let go.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 12:31 - May 26 with 2235 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:26 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

If we rate him that highly financially you would have thought a player in that bracket would be an excellent keeper for us.

Quite. How we can rate our third choice goalkeeper around three times higher than what we paid for our first choice goalkeeper is a bit bizarre.
Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 13:10 - May 26 with 2164 viewsChief

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:20 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

It's a balance though. We have definitely in the past undersold players.

So in a way I am pleasantly surprised by this development, but I'm still a bit bemused that we'd expect a league 1 club just relegated to buy a player we very obviously do not want for around a million.

But it's early in the window and hopefully we haven't scared Peterborough off by holding out for too much.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr (n/t) on 13:19 - May 26 with 2153 viewsonehunglow

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:14 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

Oh please no, not more 😂

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 15:54 - May 26 with 2034 viewsguthrieintherain

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:26 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

He would be if Russ didn't insist on him being the new Franz Beckenbaur.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 16:02 - May 26 with 2023 viewsSTID2017

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr (n/t) on 13:19 - May 26 by onehunglow

Good answer

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 16:28 - May 26 with 1997 viewsKeithHaynes

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 16:02 - May 26 by STID2017

Good answer

Best ever I would say, heading for poster of the year.

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 16:40 - May 26 with 1970 viewsDr_Winston

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 13:10 - May 26 by Chief

It's a balance though. We have definitely in the past undersold players.

So in a way I am pleasantly surprised by this development, but I'm still a bit bemused that we'd expect a league 1 club just relegated to buy a player we very obviously do not want for around a million.

But it's early in the window and hopefully we haven't scared Peterborough off by holding out for too much.

We have in the past undersold players. Just not under current ownership.

Jenkins was the worst culprit. Left to his own devices he would have sold Sigurdsson for £30m tops. Instead we held out for £45m. OK, we then spunked that £45m up against a wall, but the point stands.

A lot of the criticism seems to stem from both the Dan James/Leeds situation, and to this day I'm not entirely sure why people are rushing to believe the "Huw Jenkins put his foot down" story, and the club selling Rodon for his actual market value rather than the fantastical £25m that some oddly seem to believe that he was worth.

Otherwise we've got top value for most who have departed under their watch. Considerably in excess of in some cases if McBurnie's subsequent travails are any indication.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 17:05 - May 26 with 1943 viewsChief

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 16:40 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

We have in the past undersold players. Just not under current ownership.

Jenkins was the worst culprit. Left to his own devices he would have sold Sigurdsson for £30m tops. Instead we held out for £45m. OK, we then spunked that £45m up against a wall, but the point stands.

A lot of the criticism seems to stem from both the Dan James/Leeds situation, and to this day I'm not entirely sure why people are rushing to believe the "Huw Jenkins put his foot down" story, and the club selling Rodon for his actual market value rather than the fantastical £25m that some oddly seem to believe that he was worth.

Otherwise we've got top value for most who have departed under their watch. Considerably in excess of in some cases if McBurnie's subsequent travails are any indication.

£1.5mill for Lowe (scorer of 14 goals in the championship the previous season), under contract and to one the divisions most prosperous clubs was certainly an under sell.

Rodon was too. And people look on Rodon as not being worth more than what we sold him for because he's barely played for spurs but then disregard the relatively low amount for C Roberts despite his performances for Burnley this season. Out of contract I know, but the point stands.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 18:03 - May 26 with 1873 viewsBillyChong

£900k for Benda is trying it on to be fair to Barry
Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 22:50 - May 26 with 1722 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 12:23 - May 26 by ReslovenSwan1

So who was the player Swansea are interested in? Presumably a young up and coming prospect PUFC do not want to let go.

Good question there buddy.

I reckon it is probably this guy. A developing 19 year old centre back Ronnie Edwards,

(Ronnie Edwards has been something of a breakthrough figure for Peterborough in the past year or so with some eye-catching defensive performances, that have seen him linked with some of the top Premier League teams. )

Wise sage since Toshack era

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 23:27 - May 26 with 1708 viewsjasper_T

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 22:50 - May 26 by ReslovenSwan1

I reckon it is probably this guy. A developing 19 year old centre back Ronnie Edwards,

(Ronnie Edwards has been something of a breakthrough figure for Peterborough in the past year or so with some eye-catching defensive performances, that have seen him linked with some of the top Premier League teams. )

They're talking about fees far in excess for Benda+Ogbeta for Edwards. They'd have laughed their heads off if our offer was for him.
Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 09:12 - May 27 with 1628 views3swan

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 22:50 - May 26 by ReslovenSwan1

“Good question there buddy”

Strange way to answer your own question.

Or do you have more than one I. D.
Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 09:36 - May 27 with 1608 viewsonehunglow

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:48 - May 26 by STID2017

I wouldn't count on Andy catching much of that mud either.

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 09:39 - May 27 with 1605 viewsSTID2017

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 09:36 - May 27 by onehunglow

I wouldn't count on Andy catching much of that mud either.

Funny, if unkind

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 10:02 - May 27 with 1573 viewsonehunglow

Fry ‘ We are not paying that for a goalkeeper ‘ Russell Martin takes over tr on 09:39 - May 27 by STID2017

Funny, if unkind

I'm a fun guy.
Ask Max

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024