Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? 08:00 - Aug 12 with 1358 viewsSwansIndependent

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? 12th Aug 2022 08:00
Swansea City travel north once again later today with a relatively fit and well versed squad to take on Blackpool on Saturday. We say well versed after Russell Martin and Kyle Naughton confirm that we will see a much more focussed Swansea side at Bloomfield Road who will attack the game with intensity and far more endeavour than we have seen recently. 0

Three games that will define the Swansea managers future.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:26 - Aug 12 with 1223 viewsonehunglow

I eat that in full.
Good stuff.
It really should be the end if it is painful at Bloomfield Rd.
It is no way to late to change tack and I opine any manager would change the Martin folly ov3night and see us stop giftin* games away.

Martin is a nobody. One who talked his way into our great club ,a proper club. When he doubted we were tHen it should have been evident to all we had a problem here. HE is the problem.

Sadly three decent prospects have been jettisoned on his altar so we have to act to ensure no more mistakes are made that will cost us.

I fear Joe Allen returning could be a huge mistake ,Bonyesque,but my God,I’m hoping I am wrong .

Enough

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:28 - Aug 12 with 1217 viewsKeithHaynes

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:26 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

I eat that in full.
Good stuff.
It is no way to late to change tack and I opine any manager would change the Martin folly ov3night and see us stop giftin* games away.

Martin is a nobody. One who talked his way into our great club ,a proper club. When he doubted we were tHen it should have been evident to all we had a problem here. HE is the problem.

Sadly three decent prospects have been jettisoned on his altar so we have to act to ensure no more mistakes are made that will cost us.

I fear Joe Allen returning could be a huge mistake ,Bonyesque,but my God,I’m hoping I am wrong .

Enough

I’m pretty certain if we get battered at Blackpool he will be given more time, it’s the two home games after that where he will ‘sink or swim’

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:36 - Aug 12 with 1195 viewsonehunglow

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:28 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

I’m pretty certain if we get battered at Blackpool he will be given more time, it’s the two home games after that where he will ‘sink or swim’

You might be wrong Keith.
Having said that those further two games might ,as you say,free us. A huge month for us

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:47 - Aug 12 with 1177 viewsKeithHaynes

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:36 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

You might be wrong Keith.
Having said that those further two games might ,as you say,free us. A huge month for us

He won’t be sacked after four games.

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:50 - Aug 12 with 1166 viewsonehunglow

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:47 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

He won’t be sacked after four games.

But it’s not after four games Keith. A whole season .

We are where we are mate.

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 10:18 - Aug 12 with 1123 viewsunion_jack

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:26 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

I eat that in full.
Good stuff.

Enough

Allen’s fitness will be the main issue not his commitment. I think he’ll give the club everything he physically can.

Regarding Martin going I agree with you and Keith. I believe he should go if Blackpool is a disaster but I know it’s not going to happen for at least another three games. However, dithering maybe the worst thing we can do.

I’d love to see someone come in who can use and develop the talent we clearly have at the club. Ogbeta to start with.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 10:34 - Aug 12 with 1098 viewsKeithHaynes

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:50 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

But it’s not after four games Keith. A whole season .

We are where we are mate.

You have to be realistic.

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 12:22 - Aug 12 with 992 viewsonehunglow

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 10:34 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

You have to be realistic.

We all have to be Keith and reality is staring us in the face .Every screw up,every decent young prospect nibbled off,solid pros ruined …all part of the grotesque reality Martin has created.

We all need to have dreams too.

Login to get fewer ads

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 13:42 - Aug 12 with 914 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why does it take two such horrific results to focus the players. Surely it’s the manager and coaching staff’s job to focus them before every game??

As fans we were mugged off last season. It’s getting worse

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 13:57 - Aug 12 with 888 viewspencoedjack

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 13:42 - Aug 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Why does it take two such horrific results to focus the players. Surely it’s the manager and coaching staff’s job to focus them before every game??

As fans we were mugged off last season. It’s getting worse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62508624

Not sure if this has been posted.
The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 14:16 - Aug 12 with 856 viewsPawelAbbott

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 09:28 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

I think scoreline will have some effect on it.
Defeat by a small margin and no change.
Battered by 5 or more and that will be it. A couple of home games then for a caretaker manager to step in with the crowd onside. A heavy defeat followed by 2 more at home is a worse scenario
The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 14:41 - Aug 12 with 838 viewsReslovenSwan1

The next stage i not the threat of the sack.

The next stage is the asking of him

"Why is the system not working Russell? Are you able to change it on your own? Both Jake and myself are of the view you need help in the coaching division as we discussed last month with Colin Calderwood. He was keen to come you know".

It happened to Monk and he did not take the cookie offered to him. Bob B did but it was not enough to save him.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 16:57 - Aug 12 with 765 viewsonehunglow

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 14:16 - Aug 12 by PawelAbbott

I think scoreline will have some effect on it.
Defeat by a small margin and no change.
Battered by 5 or more and that will be it. A couple of home games then for a caretaker manager to step in with the crowd onside. A heavy defeat followed by 2 more at home is a worse scenario

That's as I see it PA.
It isnt a good time right now and the process preached seems less seductive now.

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 17:06 - Aug 12 with 755 viewsKeithHaynes

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 12:22 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

We all have to be Keith and reality is staring us in the face .Every screw up,every decent young prospect nibbled off,solid pros ruined …all part of the grotesque reality Martin has created.

We all need to have dreams too.

I’m afraid it’s opinion that is staring at you, not realism.
Opinion has no relationship to reality.

Realistically no matter the result tomorrow Martin won’t get sacked.
That’s not an opinion it’s reality. And there are many reasons for that.

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 18:56 - Aug 12 with 687 viewsCatullus

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 17:06 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

I’m afraid it’s opinion that is staring at you, not realism.
Opinion has no relationship to reality.

Realistically no matter the result tomorrow Martin won’t get sacked.
That’s not an opinion it’s reality. And there are many reasons for that.

As vociferously anti Martin as I have become, he won't be sacked for a while, not even if we lose the next 3 possibly. Our owners will want to meet and make some basic decisions. Who do they put in as caretaker, what other managers are available and how much will it all cost.

They may even decide they can't afford to sack him unless we sell another player. This season could turn out to be as influential as any in the last 25 just for vastly contrasting reasons. They may choose to back Martin no matter what because finances don't allow us any leeway to sack and replace, not unless we sell another important player.

Realistically, the best thing would be that he actually got the team playing the way we all want and winning games, even if it's not an attack on the top end but an 8-12 finish, right now I suspect quite a few would take that.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 19:45 - Aug 12 with 659 viewsQJumpingJack

Some thoughts:
I am pretty sure at the press conference when Martin was unveiled - Winter was keen to point that this was not his appointment. He had drawn up a short list for the Americans to decide. One must imagine that Jon Eustace was also on that list.

If performances/results don't improve over the next week - then you can imagine that Martin will be told to appoint an experience Number 2 to help support him.

It will be interesting to see if the players fight should we go a goal down tomorrow. Maybe Martin has lost the changing room after the last week?
The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 21:45 - Aug 12 with 616 viewsPawelAbbott

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 16:57 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

That's as I see it PA.
It isnt a good time right now and the process preached seems less seductive now.

Now would be the ideal time for a change.
Enough of the season left to make something of it. Just enough time left in the window to bring 1 or 2 in. A couple of home games to get settled with the crowd behind the new manager. This is the ideal time to get shot, not when the windows closed and the games have gone by with zero points
The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 22:27 - Aug 12 with 574 viewsonehunglow

The next eight days will surely define Russell Martin’s future at Swansea ? on 21:45 - Aug 12 by PawelAbbott

Now would be the ideal time for a change.
Enough of the season left to make something of it. Just enough time left in the window to bring 1 or 2 in. A couple of home games to get settled with the crowd behind the new manager. This is the ideal time to get shot, not when the windows closed and the games have gone by with zero points

Perfectly out. Not two hames but what 42 .? We are worse now than when he took over. Our playing staff is weaker. Solid pros shattered,young ones killed off .yet he is a God to some.
Supporters my ring piece

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024