Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we be worried 22:34 - Sep 14 with 2258 viewsguthrieintherain

In the relegation spots after 9 games.

A really tough run of games coming up as well.
Should he go lose on Saturday and he will be on very thin ice.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Should we be worried on 22:46 - Sep 14 with 1673 viewstrampie

Yes it's official Swansea City are in the relegation zone.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Should we be worried on 00:00 - Sep 15 with 1637 viewslifelong

No.

After 29 games perhaps but not after 9.
Should we be worried on 05:23 - Sep 15 with 1590 viewsThornburyswan

Yes, although for me our real issue is goal scoring - clearly our defending could be better but our lack of goals means any mistake at the back costs us points.

7 goals in 9 matches so far with some tough fixtures ahead - RM needs to find a way to get Obafemi back into the squad quickly as neither Pato or Ntcham look overly bothered so we’d be one Piroe injury away from highly likely relegation.
Should we be worried on 06:48 - Sep 15 with 1564 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should we be worried on 05:23 - Sep 15 by Thornburyswan

Yes, although for me our real issue is goal scoring - clearly our defending could be better but our lack of goals means any mistake at the back costs us points.

7 goals in 9 matches so far with some tough fixtures ahead - RM needs to find a way to get Obafemi back into the squad quickly as neither Pato or Ntcham look overly bothered so we’d be one Piroe injury away from highly likely relegation.

To be fair you’d expect at least one goal from Piroe but he was slightly off the boil. Should have won the game but we are far too weak physically and mentally- and that’s down to the manager.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Should we be worried on 07:24 - Sep 15 with 1536 viewspencoedjack

Yes is the answer.
Should we be worried on 07:28 - Sep 15 with 1530 viewsjojaca

Of course we should be worried with nearly ten games gone and being in the relegation zone.

We have two very poor wing backs who are not going to create much and I like Manning but only has a full back. Naughton in the centre is starting to look his age and looks vulnerable physically. We have Fulton/Grimes and Allen in the same team(how many defensive midfielders to you want in your team). Our creative players look shot to pieces, one striker that doesn't want to be here and we have three kids on loan who I don't have that much confidence in. Plus I am not jumping on the Olly Cooper bandwagon yet, running around looking busy is alright at League one/two level, but you need a bit more quality in this division. The only source of goals at the moment is through Piroe.

If you want more goals, we have to ditch the current system. But I also fear we will concede more has well.

My Team at the moment

Benda
(Naughton/Stevens) Darling Cabango Manning

Grimes Allen Paterson

Obafemi Piroe Obi-Flex(big gamble without watching him play)

Either 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 and I stress I have no confidence in the team I have picked. It's the only team I see with a bit of flair.

Even when you know, you never know?

Should we be worried on 08:40 - Sep 15 with 1452 viewsPawelAbbott

Should we be worried on 05:23 - Sep 15 by Thornburyswan

How do you expect to score goals when we play 5 at the back, 3 defensive midfielders and a lad who has 2 senior appearances with the main striker.
No balance, pace or creativity.
Should we be worried on 08:41 - Sep 15 with 1450 viewsraynor94

Without doubt, Hull is must win, as early as it is, dropped points will be deeply worrying

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Should we be worried on 08:49 - Sep 15 with 1439 viewsPawelAbbott

Over the last 15 games we are averaging less than a point a game. Its relegation form all day long.
If it doesn't turn around soon, then we will be deep in trouble
Should we be worried on 09:14 - Sep 15 with 1406 viewslifelong

Should we be worried on 08:40 - Sep 15 by PawelAbbott

How do you expect to score goals when we play 5 at the back, 3 defensive midfielders and a lad who has 2 senior appearances with the main striker.
No balance, pace or creativity.

We created enough chances to easily win that game.

Win Saturday and we’ll probably be mid table.
Should we be worried on 09:32 - Sep 15 with 1386 viewsBoundy

Should we be worried on 09:14 - Sep 15 by lifelong

Yes we should have won but we didn’t and if we do win v Hull it’ll just be papering over the ever expanding cracks within. Just say we stay up does that then mean Martin remains as Manager , he’s shown he’s not up to the task (no disgrace in that ) but then it remains the same with no progression and more excuses.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Should we be worried on 09:40 - Sep 15 with 1373 viewsonehunglow

Of course we should as looking around who are worse than us.Not Rotherham Utd who were the putative whipping boys of this league.
Do not discount the situation we are in and how dire it is.
We might have to literally scrap to stay in this league .How are we to do that with Martin and his stroking about at the back no matter what.
Imagine last game and we needed a point to stay up,then we allow an equalier in the 94th minute -again.

Entertaining ?Not for me. Enjoy that? Not me. Yet some don't mind us losing .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Should we be worried on 09:45 - Sep 15 with 1366 viewslifelong

Should we be worried on 09:32 - Sep 15 by Boundy

Yes we should have won but we didn’t and if we do win v Hull it’ll just be papering over the ever expanding cracks within. Just say we stay up does that then mean Martin remains as Manager , he’s shown he’s not up to the task (no disgrace in that ) but then it remains the same with no progression and more excuses.

In fact, with the early kick off, win Saturday and we’ll go up to 13th within 2 points of the play offs.
Should we be worried on 09:58 - Sep 15 with 1358 viewsmagicdaps10

I certainly thing there should be concern for sure.

I think some will over react and some will certainly be blundedto the reality. The way I see it at the moment is that we are in the gutter and performances have been better than the league table us showing but the reality is that the league table is the reality and the main concern. We have been in a position where we have thrown away 7 points and I see it that we have been in the position to gain those points rather than just being absolutely rubbish and not even looking like we can get in a position to get something out of the matches we have played.

There is certainly a confidence issue and the last minute goals have not helped and you can easily start getting into a negative mindset, throw in the Obefami scenario and it starts darkening the place even more.

We certainly have the players to push out of the position we are in but getting over that first hurdle and pushing on can get harder and harder as things move on and you face further kicks.

I think the Benda 1st choice really helps with the defence and we should certainly keep that as a solid going forward, attack wise is the issue and that can certainly be helped with Obafemi growing up and helping his team mates out and showing some respect to the club who oays his fantastic weekly wage and most importantly show the respect to the fans and getting in the pitch and playing some football.

So.......yes there is a bit of concern but I am not worried about things........ yet 😬

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Should we be worried on 10:00 - Sep 15 with 1354 viewsCatullus

Of course we should be worried. 10 games in is where we can start to properly judge where we are as a team. Where we are isn't great and even a win over Hull doesn't mean any great shakes unless it's the start of a good run and from what we've seen we know that's unlikely.

We are poor infront of goal. Cooper looks better than Pato or Ntcham but he needs more games and will he get them?
Piroe hasn't found his scoring touch and Oba is out for whatever reason.
Naughton clearly needs replacing and to some of us (maybe many by now) moving to a back 4 and dropping Naughton looks a good shout. That's not a slur on the bloke, he's been good for us, reliable but age catches up with everybody.

The 2 bright points have Allen has been fantastic and Benda back in goal has been a great improvement.

Who disagrees that we need to finally drop the wing backs and go to a back 4, does anyone disagree that Ntcham and Pato need discarding? Does anyone else agree that we should be playing Oba and Piroe up front and I'd fetch Joseph back too, as soon as we can. Sending him out on loan and leaving us with only Cullen for cover was criminal.

I've been a critic of Grimes but alongside Allen he is much improved, so I think we should be looking at a 4-1-3-2 with Allen deep and the attacking midfield of Cooper, Oko-Flex and whoever else looks best, maybe Pato though 4-2-3-1 could be best with Allen and Grimes deep with the 3 AM's being Piroe, Cooper and Oko-Flex and Oba up front. Then we desperatey need cover for the strikers because they could both get injured or suspended in the same game.

Quite a few of RM's decisions have baffled me, we have sent out players on loan who we may be desperate for over Christmas as we have no cover. He has sidelined/pee'd off or thrown others under the bus. he brings in a player with pace and when we are crying out for some he puts on 2 players who have been disappointing to put it mildly while he often hooks our best player on the day. He hooked Joe when he was by far the best on the pitch...twice and then Cooper, he was our bright spark against the Blades so off he comes. it's like he's reinforcing he is in charge.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should we be worried on 10:08 - Sep 15 with 1340 viewsonehunglow

Should we be worried on 09:58 - Sep 15 by magicdaps10

I certainly thing there should be concern for sure.

I think some will over react and some will certainly be blundedto the reality. The way I see it at the moment is that we are in the gutter and performances have been better than the league table us showing but the reality is that the league table is the reality and the main concern. We have been in a position where we have thrown away 7 points and I see it that we have been in the position to gain those points rather than just being absolutely rubbish and not even looking like we can get in a position to get something out of the matches we have played.

There is certainly a confidence issue and the last minute goals have not helped and you can easily start getting into a negative mindset, throw in the Obefami scenario and it starts darkening the place even more.

We certainly have the players to push out of the position we are in but getting over that first hurdle and pushing on can get harder and harder as things move on and you face further kicks.

I think the Benda 1st choice really helps with the defence and we should certainly keep that as a solid going forward, attack wise is the issue and that can certainly be helped with Obafemi growing up and helping his team mates out and showing some respect to the club who oays his fantastic weekly wage and most importantly show the respect to the fans and getting in the pitch and playing some football.

So.......yes there is a bit of concern but I am not worried about things........ yet 😬

Benda will clear the ball a long way.We havent the talent to play it around at the back.Fact.
Man City do not play like that or at least not as slowly.Russ thinks the best teams play like that. They dont.

BTW,Haarland.What a monster.A real class act.

Should we be worried on 10:12 - Sep 15 with 1340 viewsBarrySwan

Of course we should be worried.

The teams fragile to say the least and the manager appears to have an explanation for every defeat
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 17:29]
Should we be worried on 10:17 - Sep 15 with 1335 viewsCatullus

Should we be worried on 09:45 - Sep 15 by lifelong

In fact, with the early kick off, win Saturday and we’ll go up to 13th within 2 points of the play offs.

And then come 5pm? We'll have to wait and see but theoutcomes at 5 are the important bit.

We should be more concerned that we don't keep many clean sheets but nearly always concede sloppy goals late on. When martin came in he said he'd build from the back, sort the defence out first, mission failed.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should we be worried on 10:25 - Sep 15 with 1318 viewsonehunglow

Should we be worried on 10:17 - Sep 15 by Catullus

And then come 5pm? We'll have to wait and see but theoutcomes at 5 are the important bit.

We should be more concerned that we don't keep many clean sheets but nearly always concede sloppy goals late on. When martin came in he said he'd build from the back, sort the defence out first, mission failed.

It depends on what one wants.
To be entertained at Sutton Utd or Sunderland. Id prefer the north east really,proper football area.

No more excuses now.

If we get the worry in early,then if we do go down it assuages the pain a little . I think some fans are preparing themselves for the worst but would never admit it on a forum like this as they would be hammered.

Any one criticising anything on here gets a mullering. Fans always moan,bitch ,complain then get up and go again. We are a family,albeit a perverse one

Should we be worried on 10:58 - Sep 15 with 1292 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Should we be worried on 08:49 - Sep 15 by PawelAbbott

Over the last 15 games we are averaging less than a point a game. Its relegation form all day long.
If it doesn't turn around soon, then we will be deep in trouble

Is the correct answer.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Should we be worried on 11:27 - Sep 15 with 1260 viewsmagicdaps10

Should we be worried on 10:17 - Sep 15 by Catullus

The last 2 games with Benda in goals, we have conceded 1 goal and that was due to a total F up by Naughton. I firmly believe there was a lot more calm around the stadium and the players in those 2 games with Benda and I think Darling in for Naughton and Stevens for Sorinola and that will be the defence in a good place.

Going forward is the issue for me at this stage, Piroe starts up top and ideally we have Obefami up and around him with a front 2 and then a midfield 3 of Grimes, Allen and Cooper.

We need to start hitting the net is my concern presently.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Should we be worried on 11:43 - Sep 15 with 1244 viewsBoundy

Should we be worried on 09:45 - Sep 15 by lifelong

I hope you're right, I want him to succeed ergo he does, the Club does , but atm I just cant see it , same mistakes are costing us. I'll continue to support his efforts but we could be doing so much better with the squad he has , IMO

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Should we be worried on 11:53 - Sep 15 with 1236 viewsonehunglow

After 29 games it will be too late. There are no certainties to go down in this league as Rotherham are improving .
Stoke had bad start,sacked manager now winning again .

Should we be worried on 12:16 - Sep 15 with 1207 viewsPawelAbbott

Should we be worried on 09:14 - Sep 15 by lifelong

Did we score any of them?
Many teams have gone down saying "we should have had more points if only ...."
At the moment we are in the bottom 3. You don't get points for 'Should have scored'
Should we be worried on 13:02 - Sep 15 with 1174 viewsonehunglow

Should we be worried on 12:16 - Sep 15 by PawelAbbott

Did we score any of them?
Many teams have gone down saying "we should have had more points if only ...."
At the moment we are in the bottom 3. You don't get points for 'Should have scored'

Missing chances means we are not very good.
We missed many.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024