Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet more Senedd nonsense 17:58 - Feb 3 with 6799 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well then, in order to relieve congestion on th M4 they are going to build 5 new train stations, most likely in South East Wales. Putting aside the obvious shafting of the rest of South Wales again, why do they think this will work?

1, trains are already packed and expensive, more stations won't help that.

2, it won't take the business traffic off the M4, reps will still use their cars, lorries will still need the roads and to the other road users it'll be a matter of finance and convenience. is the train cheaper and easier, if not they won't use it. More stations won't change those things.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/five-new-railway-stations-planned-

Are the Senedd about to splash out millions on something that I personally believe to be a silly idea?
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 2834 viewsLuther27

I always marvel at the mental ineptitude among the members of the Cardiff based ruling class.
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 18:18 - Feb 3 with 2811 viewsSullutaCreturned

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 18:03 - Feb 3 by Luther27

I always marvel at the mental ineptitude among the members of the Cardiff based ruling class.

Ah but it'll provide more jobs for people in south East Wales see. It won't do anything to help businesses in the rest of Wales but it may halp Cardiff, possibly Newport too.

It's not true in football terms obviously but to the Senedd, Cardiff and the South East IS Wales.
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 19:06 - Feb 3 with 2777 viewsDr_Winston

There is a belief amongst a certain subset of the ruling classes that the only thing stopping people abandoning their cars completely is the quality of public transport.

In reality, public transport would need to be of London standard in even the most remote rural backwater for it to come even close to the convenience of a personal vehicle. It's just not going to happen.

If I got a job in Cardiff tomorrow there's not a chance in hell that I'd get the train/bus.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 19:10 - Feb 3 with 2770 viewsTogg

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 18:18 - Feb 3 by SullutaCreturned

Ah but it'll provide more jobs for people in south East Wales see. It won't do anything to help businesses in the rest of Wales but it may halp Cardiff, possibly Newport too.

It's not true in football terms obviously but to the Senedd, Cardiff and the South East IS Wales.

This stretch of the M4 frustrates me more than any other. It's the main artery into South Wales. I feel this is really holding back potential business into the area. The money was on the table from the government for the relief road. I honestly belief if it had been a Labour UK government releasing the funds then the work would now be on going .
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 21:12 - Feb 3 with 2720 viewsBoundy

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 19:06 - Feb 3 by Dr_Winston

There is a belief amongst a certain subset of the ruling classes that the only thing stopping people abandoning their cars completely is the quality of public transport.

In reality, public transport would need to be of London standard in even the most remote rural backwater for it to come even close to the convenience of a personal vehicle. It's just not going to happen.

If I got a job in Cardiff tomorrow there's not a chance in hell that I'd get the train/bus.

I think you may revisit your comment about not catching bus in Cardiff ,you'll soon get peeved once the enforcement letters come through your door because you entered one of the many bus lanes which has cameras ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 21:16 - Feb 3 with 2715 viewsBoundy

No mention of anywhere west of Cardiff and why should there be ,it's not that we exist now is it .

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 21:20 - Feb 3 with 2705 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If you live West of Cardiff you are not included as usual.

Have been in Gwynedd for a couple of days, it feels like it's been forgotten, all a bit depressing.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 21:24 - Feb 3 with 2703 viewsScotia

Just you wait until the Cardiff Parkway train station gets planning permission.

It could see the end of a direct rail link to Wales west of Cardiff. For a while at least.
Login to get fewer ads

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 23:00 - Feb 3 with 2656 viewsbuilthjack

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 19:10 - Feb 3 by Togg

This stretch of the M4 frustrates me more than any other. It's the main artery into South Wales. I feel this is really holding back potential business into the area. The money was on the table from the government for the relief road. I honestly belief if it had been a Labour UK government releasing the funds then the work would now be on going .

Try going into Birmingham in the morning traffic. It takes me 90 minutes to do the first 80 miles, and another 90 to do the last 8 miles.
Don’t talk about going around Worcester.
The traffic is awful in most places, not just around Newport.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 23:15 - Feb 3 with 2650 viewsraynor94

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 23:00 - Feb 3 by builthjack

Try going into Birmingham in the morning traffic. It takes me 90 minutes to do the first 80 miles, and another 90 to do the last 8 miles.

In fairness this not about England, its about the assembly constantly pouring money into Cardiff and the surrounding area.

They even had levelling up money from the UK government to build another station in Cardiff.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 23:23 - Feb 3 with 2642 viewsSullutaCreturned

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 23:15 - Feb 3 by raynor94

In fairness this not about England, its about the assembly constantly pouring money into Cardiff and the surrounding area.

They even had levelling up money from the UK government to build another station in Cardiff.

A new station that local residents didn't think is needed, it's a short walk or a very short bus ride apparently and so, in one old lady's words, a waste of money and yes, she lives in that area.

Builthy, shy do you always try to deflect from the Senedd's shortcomings? Ok Westminster is utter gash but when we are discussing devolved matters that doesn't matter.
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 08:45 - Feb 4 with 2589 viewsTogg

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 23:00 - Feb 3 by builthjack

The build up of population in the Midlands is far bigger.
Last year we drove to Devon on a Sunday. The only place we got gridlocked is guess. Blinking Newport.
This is about Wales a small country . For Wales to prosper it's widely acknowledged that this part of the M4 needs improvement.
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:02 - Feb 4 with 2581 viewspencoedjack

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 08:45 - Feb 4 by Togg

The build up of population in the Midlands is far bigger.
Last year we drove to Devon on a Sunday. The only place we got gridlocked is guess. Blinking Newport.
This is about Wales a small country . For Wales to prosper it's widely acknowledged that this part of the M4 needs improvement.

I find it incredible that they (or anyone else) can’t see it.

Wales will continue to go backwards whilst the likes of Drakeford are running our country.
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:12 - Feb 4 with 2576 viewsKilkennyjack

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:02 - Feb 4 by pencoedjack

I find it incredible that they (or anyone else) can’t see it.

Wales will continue to go backwards whilst the likes of Drakeford are running our country.

The source of funding is Uk government cos they take taxes.

The less prosperous the uk is then the less taxes they take in.
This means they have less to spend.

This means roads, schools, hospitals, emergency services, military, and social care get underfunded - and fail.

Well done to Brexit half wits 🇬🇧 GSTK etc

Beware of the Risen People

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:25 - Feb 4 with 2564 viewsWhiterockin

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:12 - Feb 4 by Kilkennyjack

This means roads, schools, hospitals, emergency services, military, and social care get underfunded - and fail.

Stop continually diverting threads to suit your agenda. The thread is about the poor decisions made with funding not the amount. As it stands, the more we were given the more we would waste.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:50 - Feb 4 with 2526 viewsBoundy

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:12 - Feb 4 by Kilkennyjack

Nothing to do with Brexit but all to do with the Senedd or have you forgotten how "quite extraordinary' that the Labour Welsh government spent £144 million on a study and the 'filed it vertically' , a study "and decision which took 25 years to make or the fact that Westminster offered the money for it to be built .
As you say Fail

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 10:13 - Feb 4 with 2506 viewsKilkennyjack

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:25 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Stop continually diverting threads to suit your agenda. The thread is about the poor decisions made with funding not the amount. As it stands, the more we were given the more we would waste.

You dont like the truth then.

Beware of the Risen People

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:01 - Feb 4 with 2485 viewsraynor94

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 10:13 - Feb 4 by Kilkennyjack

The assembly have tax raising powers.

Just saying

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:05 - Feb 4 with 2478 viewscontroversial_jack

Many will still take their cars to the stations and try to find somewhere to park
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:05 - Feb 4 with 2481 viewsWhiterockin

The truth is fine, but it seems that you can't accept it because you continually try to deflect away from it.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:22 - Feb 4 with 2475 viewsTogg

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 09:25 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Well said.
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:23 - Feb 4 with 2473 viewsSullutaCreturned

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:01 - Feb 4 by raynor94

The assembly have tax raising powers.

Just saying

They prefer te stealth tax approach, ;ower speed limits and put speed cameras up. Cut LGA funding and then blame the councils or Westminster when Council tax goes up.

Yet they have money to spend on things that don't matter to most of us or money to waste on "public consultations" that they only listen to when the result is what they want.

The money wasted on the M4 relief is shocking, the money being wasted via PFI (or whatever they call it because it's still PFI) on the new Velindre hospital and already wasted on the HOTV road is shocking
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:26 - Feb 4 with 2472 viewsTogg

Money from the UK government was on the table for the much needed relief road. If It had been given by a UK Labour government , I'm convinced that they would now be working on the construction.
Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:29 - Feb 4 with 2465 viewsmax936

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 18:03 - Feb 3 by Luther27

What's that they say about not being able to see the wood for the trees, incredible init.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 11:52 - Feb 4 with 2451 viewsmax936

Yet more Senedd nonsense on 21:24 - Feb 3 by Scotia

Just you wait until the Cardiff Parkway train station gets planning permission.

It could see the end of a direct rail link to Wales west of Cardiff. For a while at least.

Well that'll clog the M4 up even more, the Penarth junction going east on the M4 is a nightmare every morning as it is.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 12:02]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024