Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for next week? 18:46 - Aug 6 with 3542 viewsskippyjack

Assuming Ash doesn't leave..

............................Fabianski.....................
Naughton..Fernandez..Williams..Taylor
...................Cork............Fer.....................
Barrow...............Gylfi...............Routledge
.........................Llorente..........................

is the probable line up..

Nordfeldt, Rangel, Amat, Britton, Dyer, Chadli, Baston.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Team for next week? on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 3029 viewsMillie

I do like Fer and may have Ki on the bench, outstanding at West Ham
Team for next week? on 19:00 - Aug 6 with 2967 viewsangryjack

id have amat before ff,kingsley before taylor rangel before naughton.and probably go with rest.
Team for next week? on 19:10 - Aug 6 with 2912 viewsTheKirkyLife

Based on common sense.

Fabianski
Naughton, Fernandez, Amat, Kingsley
Cork, Fer
Barrow, Gylfi, Routledge
Llorente

SUBS: Nordfeldt, Rangel, Williams, Britton, Dyer, Baston
Team for next week? on 22:05 - Aug 6 with 2684 viewsdameedna

Fab
Naughton Fernández amat taylor
Barrow Ki Fer Gylfi Routs
Baston
Team for next week? on 23:13 - Aug 6 with 2525 viewsnyc_swans

would have skippy's team, but Kingsley instead of Taylor. give the kid a chance since he's been playing the whole pre-season. if it were Man City or Arsenal, i'd be more inclined include Taylor, but against a newly promoted team is a good test for the kid. if he takes off running then Taylor has to win his spot back. should be a good competition.
Team for next week? on 23:26 - Aug 6 with 2478 viewsjacktar

Team for next week? on 23:13 - Aug 6 by nyc_swans

would have skippy's team, but Kingsley instead of Taylor. give the kid a chance since he's been playing the whole pre-season. if it were Man City or Arsenal, i'd be more inclined include Taylor, but against a newly promoted team is a good test for the kid. if he takes off running then Taylor has to win his spot back. should be a good competition.

Agree with this. Taylor had a pretty solid Euros and shouldn't be written off as some like to do on here. He hasn't trained with the team so I would expect Kingsley to start. Good to have that competition for left back.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Team for next week? on 23:31 - Aug 6 with 2465 viewsdailew

Team for next week? on 22:05 - Aug 6 by dameedna

Fab
Naughton Fernández amat taylor
Barrow Ki Fer Gylfi Routs
Baston

No Cork? He'd be one of the first on thelist for me.

Fab
Naughts Fed Amat Kingsley
Cork Fer Gylfi
Routs Dyer
Baston

[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 23:31]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Team for next week? on 23:36 - Aug 6 with 2444 viewsKerouac

Skipp's team is the most likely one for me.

There are a couple of positions where there isn't a clear top pick though.
Based on what I've seen of the team so far...

--------------------------------- Fabianski -------------------------------------
--------------- Fede / de Hoorn ----- Ash / Amat ------------------------
Naughton ----------------------------------------------- Taylor / Kingsley
---------------------------- Cork ------- Fer -----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barrow ----------------------- Siggy ---------------------------- Routledge
-------------------------------- Llorente ---------------------------------------

Bench; Nordfeldt, 1 of the centre-backs, Taylor or Kingsley, Leon, Ki, Montero and Baston (hopefully)

Not good enough = Rangel and Dyer.

We seem to be strong at centre-back and young Ollie McBurnie has a lot of potential.
I feel we need a Chadli or Hakim Ziyech to cover Siggy and give us an option on the wing (what Ayew used to do).
Also, I'm a bit nervous about the centre of the park....Leon is clearly not what he used to be, not in love with Ki (a lightweight...although a lovely passer on his day). Fulton not there yet, might never be.
If Cork or Fer gets injured we are significantly weakened IMO.

Obviously I have enjoyed Rangel and Dyer down the years and hope they prove me wrong.
Would like to see Rangel moved into coaching and Dyer converted to a wing back if possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for next week? on 00:41 - Aug 7 with 2329 viewsdameedna

Team for next week? on 23:31 - Aug 6 by dailew

No Cork? He'd be one of the first on thelist for me.

Fab
Naughts Fed Amat Kingsley
Cork Fer Gylfi
Routs Dyer
Baston

[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 23:31]

I put Fer in for Cork.
I'd star Ki see how he goes.
Not fair on cork who deserves better.

I can't really work it out with Leon fading a bit let's see how it goes.

When we H a d pratley Leon and Orlandi it was easy now we have Fer Cork Ki Leon and Fulton and teams that have 20 million pound players all over-the-park

Come on you jacks
Team for next week? on 07:58 - Aug 7 with 2206 viewsSteensig

I know it matters little, but have er forgot that we signed an aussie keeper? Surely his ment for backup? Btw i have nothing to base this on but Odd signing if to be third choice? ☺
Team for next week? on 08:27 - Aug 7 with 2157 viewskarnataka

I am a big Barrow fan and think he's going to be a big player for us this season but I can honestly see FG preferring Dyer to start quite a few matches because of his ability to track back and help out with the defensive stuff which is something FG needs to work on with Mo. The same goes for the Montero/Routledge situation on the other side. I don't see FG as the all-out attack right from the kick off type of manager preferring solidity across the pitch until the he sees how the game pans out during the first half. Barrow and Montero were both fit yesterday but FG still started with Dyer & Routledge either side of Llorente for at least the first hour and there must have been a reason for that 7 days before the first league game.
Team for next week? on 08:44 - Aug 7 with 2123 viewssomersetsimon

Team for next week? on 08:27 - Aug 7 by karnataka

I am a big Barrow fan and think he's going to be a big player for us this season but I can honestly see FG preferring Dyer to start quite a few matches because of his ability to track back and help out with the defensive stuff which is something FG needs to work on with Mo. The same goes for the Montero/Routledge situation on the other side. I don't see FG as the all-out attack right from the kick off type of manager preferring solidity across the pitch until the he sees how the game pans out during the first half. Barrow and Montero were both fit yesterday but FG still started with Dyer & Routledge either side of Llorente for at least the first hour and there must have been a reason for that 7 days before the first league game.

Agree. Dyer/Routledge are our low risk/low reward options, so sensible to start with at least one of them.
Team for next week? on 17:30 - Aug 7 with 1919 viewsandrew

What I've seen so far

Fab

Naughton, Van Der Hoorn, Amat, Kingsley
Cork Ki
Dyer Siggy Routledge
Baston (if he signs)

Barrow to replace dyer second half would rip defences apart, and it will slowly break him in, dyer has done very well but I feel he has this year left before barrow takes over.

Llorente would be good to come on last 40 minutes.

Fer does some very good but very poor things in games, Leon hardly makes mistakes.

Taylor too much of a wing back.

VDH very impressive against Rennes.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Team for next week? on 23:44 - Aug 7 with 1697 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If we are starting Llorente, we are complete fools if we put Wayne on the left wing instead of Jefferson Montero.

Imagine all of Montero's 30 best moments of the last two seasons, and then put a 6'5" dude known for his aerial ability on the end of them.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Team for next week? on 00:16 - Aug 8 with 1632 viewsKerouac

Team for next week? on 23:44 - Aug 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

If we are starting Llorente, we are complete fools if we put Wayne on the left wing instead of Jefferson Montero.

Imagine all of Montero's 30 best moments of the last two seasons, and then put a 6'5" dude known for his aerial ability on the end of them.

I don't think Jeff is a very good crosser of the ball at all...and what is more, he is lazy, over complicates things and doesn't score many goals.
However, I hope he proves me wrong this season...he can certainly beat his man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Team for next week? on 00:21 - Aug 8 with 1621 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Team for next week? on 00:16 - Aug 8 by Kerouac

I don't think Jeff is a very good crosser of the ball at all...and what is more, he is lazy, over complicates things and doesn't score many goals.
However, I hope he proves me wrong this season...he can certainly beat his man.

We've never given him much of a target to send a cross to. I imagine it would get frustrating.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Team for next week? on 00:26 - Aug 8 with 1609 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Team for next week? on 00:21 - Aug 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

We've never given him much of a target to send a cross to. I imagine it would get frustrating.

Or, he would get the ball so slowly from the centre midfield that go men would have tracked back to prevent a cross anyway. Some of our play looked very sharp on the highlights reel from yesterday so there's every chance Jeff could provide good service for Llorente

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Team for next week? on 00:50 - Aug 8 with 1586 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Team for next week? on 00:26 - Aug 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Or, he would get the ball so slowly from the centre midfield that go men would have tracked back to prevent a cross anyway. Some of our play looked very sharp on the highlights reel from yesterday so there's every chance Jeff could provide good service for Llorente

I'll admit that JM can be a bit of an enigma. But no other player on this club has just abused his man when he's in his groove more than Montero, since he's arrived.

But he's had his bad minutes too, I see Kerouac's point, and I think his effort should certainly be monitored closely. He was pretty lackluster on the defending end for Ecuador a couple months ago in that little tournament over in the USA. But his whole team was like that, so I hopefully assume he can turn his D back on again back in Wales.

But he is so much more talented than Routledge, even as a one trick pony. Granted, WR is probably more skilled as a complete footballer. But he's not as dangerous as a left wing.

I can see Wayne as the first off the bench for either JM or Barrow; but hopefully we add Chadli to change that.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 1:13]

Team for next week? on 01:17 - Aug 8 with 1537 viewsnyc_swans

Team for next week? on 23:44 - Aug 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

ehhh, people tend to underrate routledge. his bag of tricks is just as big as montero's. he just doesn't have the searing pace. routledge of 3 years ago is better than any version of montero we've seen.

plus he will chip in with a goal here or there. jefferson can't find the net.
Team for next week? on 01:29 - Aug 8 with 1524 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Team for next week? on 01:17 - Aug 8 by nyc_swans

ehhh, people tend to underrate routledge. his bag of tricks is just as big as montero's. he just doesn't have the searing pace. routledge of 3 years ago is better than any version of montero we've seen.

plus he will chip in with a goal here or there. jefferson can't find the net.

It's a more diverse bag of tricks than Montero's, no doubt.

But Montero's narrow skill set just happens to line up pretty well with Llorente's.

Team for next week? on 02:26 - Aug 8 with 1472 viewsGlyn1

I know that we shouldn't feel complacent about Burnley in an away match but they are the same Championship side that got promoted. I imagine that we'll start in a defensive mode (Routledge and/or Dyer) and hope to get two goals before half time. If we do that, then we can bring on Barrow and/or Montero and really terrorize their defenders.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I can really see the Swans giving Burnley the type of beating that we did against QPR in the opening match a few seasons ago.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Team for next week? on 02:31 - Aug 8 with 1465 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Team for next week? on 02:26 - Aug 8 by Glyn1

I know that we shouldn't feel complacent about Burnley in an away match but they are the same Championship side that got promoted. I imagine that we'll start in a defensive mode (Routledge and/or Dyer) and hope to get two goals before half time. If we do that, then we can bring on Barrow and/or Montero and really terrorize their defenders.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I can really see the Swans giving Burnley the type of beating that we did against QPR in the opening match a few seasons ago.

If Montero and Barrow are terrorizing their defenders, why aren't they starting?

But I'm drunk posting so I hate to try to use what I think is logic right now.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 2:33]

Team for next week? on 02:39 - Aug 8 with 1453 viewsGlyn1

Team for next week? on 02:31 - Aug 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

If Montero and Barrow are terrorizing their defenders, why aren't they starting?

But I'm drunk posting so I hate to try to use what I think is logic right now.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 2:33]

Good question, but I don't think that that is Guidolin's style. I'd be delighted if he did start with them.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Team for next week? on 02:46 - Aug 8 with 1447 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Team for next week? on 02:39 - Aug 8 by Glyn1

Good question, but I don't think that that is Guidolin's style. I'd be delighted if he did start with them.

Based on what, his overall record or his record in Swansea? If the latter, he hasn't had the weapons before.

Team for next week? on 07:58 - Aug 8 with 1304 viewssP7qupUf

Don't see the push to play Jeff. His crossing is poor. Drinks the ball in with no pace and is eaten up by PL centre backs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024