Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Views on Chris Coleman 11:31 - Mar 7 with 3389 viewsswancity

Good manager or a tactically inept buffoon?

Or somewhere in between?

Did well with Wales but then Bale has to take most of the credit for that surely.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Views on Chris Coleman on 11:33 - Mar 7 with 3381 viewsWhiterockin

Silly boy, leaving the wales job.
Views on Chris Coleman on 11:42 - Mar 7 with 3342 viewsswancity

Views on Chris Coleman on 11:33 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

Depends. It's made him a very rich man. So not so silly.

Anyway, good manager or not?

Views on Chris Coleman on 11:49 - Mar 7 with 3330 viewsjack247

You can’t knock what he did for Wales. There’s no way he would have come here and done what Carlos has though.
Views on Chris Coleman on 11:53 - Mar 7 with 3314 views34dfgdf54

Good man manager, perfect for Wales at the time.

Never be any good as a Club Manager, although Sunderland were f*cked way before he got there.
Views on Chris Coleman on 11:59 - Mar 7 with 3304 viewsWhiterockin

Views on Chris Coleman on 11:42 - Mar 7 by swancity

Depends. It's made him a very rich man. So not so silly.

Anyway, good manager or not?

Average.
I don't think he has been relegated as a club manager nor has he achieved/won anything.

With Wales he took over at a difficult time and got the team playing as a team, with everyone turning up, something we lacked before. The semi final was the peak of his managerial achievements and would be difficult to emulate. So he bottled it. Yes I would say average is fair, but I expected him to save Sunderland and he won't, they are a basket case of a club and we were heading that way.
Views on Chris Coleman on 12:14 - Mar 7 with 3282 viewssainthelens

You forget how young he is for a manager. He'll be around for long time yet, but have big doubts about him managing a top PL team. Will turn into a Pardew/Pulis/Warnock type.
Views on Chris Coleman on 13:52 - Mar 7 with 3145 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Views on Chris Coleman on 11:53 - Mar 7 by 34dfgdf54

Never be any good as a Club Manager, although Sunderland were f*cked way before he got there.

This. An excellent man manager who took a grieving team and took them not only to the Euro's but the semi finals to boot. It seemed the players weren't at all happy in the WC qualifying campaign and blew qualification when it was easier to qualify.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Views on Chris Coleman on 13:59 - Mar 7 with 3123 viewsLeonWasGod

Views on Chris Coleman on 11:53 - Mar 7 by 34dfgdf54

With the exception that he did pretty well at Fulham considering what's happened to them since.

I wasn't keen on him coming here though.
Login to get fewer ads

Views on Chris Coleman on 14:52 - Mar 7 with 3052 viewsJackfath

A recent thread on the same topic.

Chris Coleman by Jackfath 18 Feb 2018 9:49
Record at Sunderland speaks for itself;

P15, W4, D3, L8 Win% 26.7

Sunderland second from bottom of Championship on points diff. three from being safe.

Wales may have won the Euros had we a decent manager in charge. To think some would have taken him here as manager.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Views on Chris Coleman on 15:15 - Mar 7 with 3012 viewsMrSwerve

Views on Chris Coleman on 11:33 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

Let's be honest, it was job done in terms of the Wales job. There's no chance he could do any better than reaching the semis of an international tournament.

The only way was down after the Euros. Made the right choice to leave and take over a (let's be honest) big club for a big pay cheque. A couple of years up there and he'll retire.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Views on Chris Coleman on 15:38 - Mar 7 with 2971 viewsicecoldjack

It's one of those jobs that the manager gets a free pass IMO, if he keeps them up then great if he fails it's down to the mess the club was already in before he turned up .

Cookie will get another shot at a job after this one, if he stiffs that then he's probably done as a manager at the top end.
Views on Chris Coleman on 18:04 - Mar 7 with 2818 viewsperplex

Views on Chris Coleman on 15:38 - Mar 7 by icecoldjack

It's one of those jobs that the manager gets a free pass IMO, if he keeps them up then great if he fails it's down to the mess the club was already in before he turned up .

Cookie will get another shot at a job after this one, if he stiffs that then he's probably done as a manager at the top end.

Dam good talker, but crap manager, who had some success due to Gareth Bale, should become a pundit like the other good talkers who have failed dismally as managers for etc Gary Neville, these failures advise as on how teams should perform and play lol
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 18:05]
Views on Chris Coleman on 20:01 - Mar 7 with 2709 viewsglobus10

In my humble opinion I thought it was a good move to go to Sunderland at the time. Massive club support wise and his stock was high. Only had to keep them up this year. Hero. Next year would have been the pressure where he would have had to get to playoffs.
Obviously the club is rancid. Probably should have stayed with Wales for next euros, great youngsters coming through.
Views on Chris Coleman on 21:13 - Mar 7 with 2632 viewsSgorioFruit

Coleman is a massive clueless idiot for leaving Ben Woodburn on the bench for the last two world cup qualifying games. When in the previous two games Woodburn had won both games for Wales. The lad was brimming with confidence and the most energetic and fittest player available but was sat on the bench on the remaining two games.

Tactically inept buffoon for me.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Views on Chris Coleman on 22:23 - Mar 7 with 2571 viewsswancity

Good personality. Strong character, passionate and determined in adversity with his own style but despite having the gift of the gab lacks intelligence and tactically is limited. In all of his interviews I don't think I've heard him once make any clever tactical observations. His teams do not excite, they play in a mundane way which isn't entertaining (and I do not include the Wales Euro16 games in this). He's had a lot of ups and downs to contend with.

Not sure what his annual salary is at Sunderland but it must be exceptional. I know he has seven figure bonuses written into his contract. Did they spend money in the last window ? Their results seem to have worsened since he replaced ...can't recall his name ex Leeds manager.

Overrated IMO. But hope he keeps them up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024