Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary 23:54 - Jul 8 with 4466 viewstheloneranger

Brexit chief David Davis resigns days after crunch cabinet summit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6728248/david-davis-resigns-theresa-may-brexit-pla
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 23:57]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 00:24 - Jul 9 with 2345 viewstheloneranger

Minister Steve Baker has also now resigned

https://mobile.twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1016099408159657985?ref_src=twsr

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 01:08 - Jul 9 with 2316 viewsLeonWasGod

That’s a shame, he was comedy gold. Not been such a feckless cabinet member since David Mellor started dressing prozzis in Chelski shirts.
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 07:44 - Jul 9 with 2212 viewsWarwickHunt

Fan - say hello to the shît.
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 08:15 - Jul 9 with 2175 viewsbuilthjack

This lot are hilarious

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 08:44 - Jul 9 with 2139 viewsVetchfielder

We have the worst Prime Minister in my voting lifetime
We have the worst Cabinet in my voting lifetime

We have the worst Leader of the Opposition in my voting lifetime
We have the worst Shadow Cabinet in my voting lifetime

We have the weakest 3rd Party in my voting lifetime

And all this when we have to get through Brexit which is the most complex issue to have faced us since the second world war.

And the country is aggressively divided on it all.

Apart from that there's nothing to worry about.

Proud to have been one of the 231

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 08:48 - Jul 9 with 2132 viewsomarjack

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 09:32 - Jul 9 with 2082 viewsAce_Jack

happier times

[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 10:19]
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 09:32 - Jul 9 with 2081 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 09:36 - Jul 9 with 2063 viewssherpajacob

Davis and baker resign

is that the equivalent of Naughton and Clucas putting in transfer requests.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 09:55 - Jul 9 with 2025 viewsKerouac

Who will replace Davis?

Can't see a Brexiteer wanting it.
Do you think she'll get away with appointing a 'Remainer'?

The shiit really is going to hit the fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:02 - Jul 9 with 2018 viewsJonathans_coat

Can anyone honestly tell me that this current Tory government is anything but a collosal, steaming hot mess?

Does anyone think it’s been successful, strong and stable so far?
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:08 - Jul 9 with 1996 viewstheloneranger

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 09:55 - Jul 9 by Kerouac

Who will replace Davis?

Can't see a Brexiteer wanting it.
Do you think she'll get away with appointing a 'Remainer'?

The shiit really is going to hit the fan.

"Back Stabber" Gove ??

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:09 - Jul 9 with 1992 viewsomarjack

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:02 - Jul 9 by Jonathans_coat

Can anyone honestly tell me that this current Tory government is anything but a collosal, steaming hot mess?

Shambles from top to bottom.

But I hate to admit it. A Labour government under the current divided clusterf*ck of a rollercoaster would still be much.much better. But still very problematic. Good ideas and plans are everywhere but there is absolutely no coherent direction. Brexit? no brexit? Corbyn? Centrists? A closet brexiteer? who the f*ck knows at this point?

And honestly I stopped caring a while ago.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 10:11]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:09 - Jul 9 with 1988 viewsShaky

At least David Davis is standing firm on his principles; no way is he resigning and taking a minicab back from Chequers.

Misology -- It's a bitch

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:13 - Jul 9 with 1967 viewsNookiejack

I think if the final deal ended up where May has offered at Chequers - then that would be a fair compromise - given the referendum was a very close 52% to 48% split. The trouble is as Davis said in his statement was that May has conceded too much too soon. Even more concessions especially on free movement will be too much to accept - so chances are that we could be heading for a general election - as parliament will not allow a no deal.

Remainers have to be careful - as if the final deal is so bad (No say at the table, still having to pay billions for access, having to accept free movement) - the country will then hate it in the years to come - which will then turn the country even more against the EU.

If May wins a leadership context then she can’t be challenged again for 12 months. So unlikely for her being challenged immediately - until EU makes clear what further concessions it requires and whether May accepts these.

BBC also repointing:-

“In a sign of how delicately positioned the numbers are on Brexit strategy it has emerged that the government has taken the unusual step of arranging a briefing for opposition Labour MPs on the detail of the Brexit plan agreed on Friday.”
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:13 - Jul 9 with 1962 viewsAce_Jack

corbyn, IRA, terrorist sympathiser, communist, vegetarian, something something
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:14 - Jul 9 with 1960 viewswestwalesed

No, I can't.

As a Conservative voter it's been an absolute s**tstorm. I do think, however, that Thresa May has been handed one of the worst possible hands in dealing with Brexit, Immigration turmoil, still having to push through Austerity, dealing with Trump and his economic policies, etc etc. I also believe that no Government would have been able to handle all these problems simultaneously.

HOWEVER.

She asked for this job and got it. I was actually fairly supportive of her because I believed, as did many that she is from another time and had a real sense of public duty. Jolly well roll up your sleeves and get on with the job and all that. A calling, not a career. I think that this has been the general sense amongst people who voted Leave - in essence we put our trust in those soft Remainers to do the right thing and see it through. That's why the Tories despite everything are still well ahead in the Polls.

However, she appears to have pushed through the softest of possible Brexit arrangements (which will be watered down further by the EU). Those who voted leave DO feel betrayed and it has left me politically homeless. I won't vote for anyone else (unless a new centre-right pro Brexit party was formed that I could align myself in good conscience to) but I may well stay away from the polls.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:22 - Jul 9 with 1934 viewsBatterseajack

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:08 - Jul 9 by theloneranger

"Back Stabber" Gove ??

Well he did back T Mays plan on the Andrew Marr show....so why not?
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:27 - Jul 9 with 1906 viewsLeonWasGod

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 08:44 - Jul 9 by Vetchfielder

We have the worst Prime Minister in my voting lifetime
We have the worst Cabinet in my voting lifetime

We have the worst Leader of the Opposition in my voting lifetime
We have the worst Shadow Cabinet in my voting lifetime

We have the weakest 3rd Party in my voting lifetime

And all this when we have to get through Brexit which is the most complex issue to have faced us since the second world war.

And the country is aggressively divided on it all.

Apart from that there's nothing to worry about.

Spot on. The 2010s in a nutshell.
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:32 - Jul 9 with 1893 viewsKerouac

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:13 - Jul 9 by Nookiejack

I think if the final deal ended up where May has offered at Chequers - then that would be a fair compromise - given the referendum was a very close 52% to 48% split. The trouble is as Davis said in his statement was that May has conceded too much too soon. Even more concessions especially on free movement will be too much to accept - so chances are that we could be heading for a general election - as parliament will not allow a no deal.

Remainers have to be careful - as if the final deal is so bad (No say at the table, still having to pay billions for access, having to accept free movement) - the country will then hate it in the years to come - which will then turn the country even more against the EU.

If May wins a leadership context then she can’t be challenged again for 12 months. So unlikely for her being challenged immediately - until EU makes clear what further concessions it requires and whether May accepts these.

BBC also repointing:-

“In a sign of how delicately positioned the numbers are on Brexit strategy it has emerged that the government has taken the unusual step of arranging a briefing for opposition Labour MPs on the detail of the Brexit plan agreed on Friday.”

"Remainers have to be careful - as if the final deal is so bad (No say at the table, still having to pay billions for access, having to accept free movement) - the country will then hate it in the years to come - which will then turn the country even more against the EU. "

The public already hate the EU.
They will now hate the entire political establishment in this country....expect, low voter turnouts, protests and violence.

Why should 48% have a greater say than 52%.
That's not democracy.
The cat is now out of the bag, I hope these 'Remainer' civil servants and MPs have good security.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:32 - Jul 9 with 1896 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:36 - Jul 9 with 1883 viewsLeonWasGod

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:32 - Jul 9 by Shaky

Well of course. He's had 2 years as head of the unit responsible for drawing up the plan and couldn't manage it then. No chance he'd knock one together in a few hours. The bloke is a fraud. Can't believe he lasted so long in the role. Anyone else doing feck all for 2 years would be out of a job sharpish.
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:42 - Jul 9 with 1863 viewstheloneranger

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:22 - Jul 9 by Batterseajack

Well he did back T Mays plan on the Andrew Marr show....so why not?

It's Dominic Raab

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:45 - Jul 9 with 1860 viewsAce_Jack

I'm guessing the Northern Ireland buffer zone plan is out the window then...
David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:46 - Jul 9 with 1856 viewsBatterseajack

David Davis resigns as Brexit secretary on 10:42 - Jul 9 by theloneranger

It's Dominic Raab

yep, just seen that. Gove is (and has proven to be) a slippery character, sp probably not right for such a serious job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024