Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread 14:57 - Aug 26 with 21396 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 18:36]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 21:14 - Aug 26 with 8497 viewsawayjack

Nice one JH. So any predictions on our starting 11?
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 21:37 - Aug 26 with 8477 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 21:14 - Aug 26 by awayjack

Mostly under 23s I would guess

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 23:31 - Aug 26 with 8401 viewsTenbySwan

Jordan Ayew to start for Palace
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 05:18 - Aug 27 with 8310 viewsSwan91

-------------------Nordvelt----------------
-------Rodon------VDH--------CCV-----
Roberts----------------------------John
---------Fer-----Dhanda----Celina----
-----------Montero------Asoro------

if nordvelt is fit I would get hime some game time.. I would rest Fulton and caroll (fulton being injured). I would also rest Mcburnie as I think he was playing with an injury before and seeing as he is the main striker at the moment.. I wouldn't risk it.

I think Dhanda deserves a chance atleast.. I would also like to see how John plays whilst also resting olsson. And fer + montero on just work on game time and starting for a change. Montero behind asoro

This has a good mix of rotation whilst not changing too much. Plus we should go for the same shape as we did against Leeds.
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 06:42 - Aug 27 with 8296 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 21:14 - Aug 26 by awayjack

Play some squad players.

Do we have any squad players?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 08:36 - Aug 27 with 8250 viewsTenbySwan

U23 have a game also Tue night.

Away to Stevenage in the Checkatrade trophy which will have a bearing on things.
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 09:02 - Aug 27 with 8222 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 08:36 - Aug 27 by TenbySwan

U23 have a game also Tue night.

Away to Stevenage in the Checkatrade trophy which will have a bearing on things.

Oh hell. Stick some younger ones in then.
Our first team squad is threadbare and we can't afford a single injury.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 09:42 - Aug 27 with 8174 viewsChrisSCFC

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 09:02 - Aug 27 by builthjack

Oh hell. Stick some younger ones in then.
Our first team squad is threadbare and we can't afford a single injury.

Play the ladies team they'd probably beat Palace anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 09:45 - Aug 27 with 8168 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 05:18 - Aug 27 by Swan91

-------------------Nordvelt----------------
-------Rodon------VDH--------CCV-----
Roberts----------------------------John
---------Fer-----Dhanda----Celina----
-----------Montero------Asoro------

if nordvelt is fit I would get hime some game time.. I would rest Fulton and caroll (fulton being injured). I would also rest Mcburnie as I think he was playing with an injury before and seeing as he is the main striker at the moment.. I wouldn't risk it.

I think Dhanda deserves a chance atleast.. I would also like to see how John plays whilst also resting olsson. And fer + montero on just work on game time and starting for a change. Montero behind asoro

This has a good mix of rotation whilst not changing too much. Plus we should go for the same shape as we did against Leeds.

Definitely would not play Fer under any circumstances, or Ollie, or Jay.
This where the Fire Sale by the Morons in charge without replacements is really going to impact our ability to play competitive football.
They can give Cameron-Vickers an early run out.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 9:48]
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 12:22 - Aug 27 with 8049 viewsNookiejack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/early-swansea-city-v-

Looks like we are carrying a few niggles already after 5 games.

McBurnie apparently has a cracked toe so unlikely to play.

Thank goodness unlikely to risk Fer either (presumably they woundnt have started him as striker in McBurnie’s absence).

What is the U23 striker like Courtney Baker Richardson?

Maybe a chance to try Caroll, Grimes or Naughton as striker if Potter doesn’t fancy Richardson?
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 14:10 - Aug 27 with 7978 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 23:31 - Aug 26 by TenbySwan

Jordan Ayew to start for Palace

He's not allowed.
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 14:37 - Aug 27 with 7944 viewsBadlands

Much depends on the transfer situation around Dyer and Narsingh but assuming they are staying or need to prove fitness to a taker

..................Nordfeldt
Naughton ........ Rodon .....CCV .....John

...............Maric....... Carroll
......................Dhanda
Dyer .......................... ........James
...................Biabi

Benda, Dulca, Byers,Kian, Keston, Hoorn, Lewis
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 14:38]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 16:42 - Aug 27 with 7851 viewsCatullus

We might as well start anybody who might be leaving, unless their playing affects our ability to move them on. I'd start Dyer, Routs, Carter Vickers, Naughton, John, Dhanda, the U23 striker and I's put benda in goal too. I don't care if Nordfelt is fit, I wouldn't risk it. I'd put Cian Harries in with Carter Vickers and Naughton and John full backs, Grimes and Carroll in behind Routs, Dhanda and Dyer with the U23 striker up front obviously.
This is going to be a tricky one because we are so thin right now, I think that (even though I'll be there with my son) I actually won't mind too much if we lose. The league is much more important. Saying that, a cup run will bring money in. Tough call but I reckon Potter will be trying to win.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 17:34 - Aug 27 with 7810 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 16:42 - Aug 27 by Catullus

We might as well start anybody who might be leaving, unless their playing affects our ability to move them on. I'd start Dyer, Routs, Carter Vickers, Naughton, John, Dhanda, the U23 striker and I's put benda in goal too. I don't care if Nordfelt is fit, I wouldn't risk it. I'd put Cian Harries in with Carter Vickers and Naughton and John full backs, Grimes and Carroll in behind Routs, Dhanda and Dyer with the U23 striker up front obviously.
This is going to be a tricky one because we are so thin right now, I think that (even though I'll be there with my son) I actually won't mind too much if we lose. The league is much more important. Saying that, a cup run will bring money in. Tough call but I reckon Potter will be trying to win.

If Palace play a reasonable team there could be a bit of a cricket score.
I hope our youngsters and newcomers play just to get a look at that against better players and how many of our boo boys and girls can be bothered to turn up.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 17:35]

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 27 with 7796 viewsdickythorpe

Where's that mush we signed from real Madrid?
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 18:00 - Aug 27 with 7775 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 17:34 - Aug 27 by Badlands

If Palace play a reasonable team there could be a bit of a cricket score.
I hope our youngsters and newcomers play just to get a look at that against better players and how many of our boo boys and girls can be bothered to turn up.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 17:35]

Were there boo boys and girls at the last game then ? I thought the crowd gave the team pretty good support throughout the game (apart from the odd gasp of despair) despite the players serving up a really dismal performance.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 7761 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 27 by dickythorpe

Where's that mush we signed from real Madrid?

Two duffed hamstrings since joining.
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 18:36 - Aug 27 with 7734 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 18:00 - Aug 27 by Flashberryjack

Were there boo boys and girls at the last game then ? I thought the crowd gave the team pretty good support throughout the game (apart from the odd gasp of despair) despite the players serving up a really dismal performance.

Missed the negative chanting then.

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 19:15 - Aug 27 with 7679 viewsjasper_T

Hearing that a first year scholar is in the squad for the U21s game in the Checkatrade (Ryan Bevan). Suggests the bulk of the normal u23s team will be on senior cup duty.
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 20:15 - Aug 27 with 7612 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 18:36 - Aug 27 by Badlands

Must have.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 20:37 - Aug 27 with 7590 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 18:00 - Aug 27 by Flashberryjack

Are you deaf?

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 22:40 - Aug 27 with 7468 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 18:36 - Aug 27 by Badlands

The same 'negative chanting' that was going on during stops in play during the win over Preston?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 08:00 - Aug 28 with 7241 viewssainthelens

I've never advocated or bet against my own team, but a win for Palace at odds of 5/4 is surely like finding money in the street.
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 09:44 - Aug 28 with 7145 viewsdcd14

The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 08:00 - Aug 28 by sainthelens

I've never advocated or bet against my own team, but a win for Palace at odds of 5/4 is surely like finding money in the street.

Absolutely!

Squad for tonight;

Kristoffer Nordfelft, Erwin Mulder, Aaron Lewis, Brandon Cooper, Kyle Naughton, Declan John, Cian Harries, Matt Grimes, Tom Carroll, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Adnan Maric, Dan James, George Byers, Barrie McKay, Courtney Baker-Richardson, Joel Asoro & Tyler Reid.
The Official Swansea City Vs Crystal Palace League Cup Match Thread on 10:55 - Aug 28 with 7057 viewsDaggyjack

Nordfeldt
Naughton, Harries, Cooper, John
Dhanda, Carroll, Grimes
Dyer, CBR, James
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 10:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024