Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
38m profit 19:07 - Sep 1 with 11622 viewsmagicdaps10

Over 700k a week plus other revenue from this season.

What a bunch of robbing gits, wont be long before it goes national to our greedy barsteward owners and the sell outs.

They will be pushed against the wall in no time, results keep going this way and the eyes will be firmly on them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

38m profit on 19:15 - Sep 1 with 4210 viewspeenemunde

£38 million profit ?
Are you on drugs ?
38m profit on 11:40 - Sep 2 with 3958 viewsthornabyswan

38m profit on 19:15 - Sep 1 by peenemunde

£38 million profit ?
Are you on drugs ?

That's the profit we made on transfers according to the Sky commentators last night.
What they didn't mention was the 50 million drop in revenue

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

38m profit on 11:43 - Sep 2 with 3936 viewsCooperman

Daps, you haven’t got a clue. Neither have Sky when they dress comments up in the way that they did.

Go and do some research on formalising a business plan.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

38m profit on 11:51 - Sep 2 with 3879 viewsE20Jack

3 sensible posts in a row on planetswans (4 now) must be some sort of a record. You guys should post more.

If you get demoted in work and can no longer afford your Mercedes and lavish rent so you sell the car with the view to buy a cheaper sustainable model with the rest going to your other expenses - that doesn’t mean what you get from the car is expendable profit, it is earmarked to survive.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

38m profit on 12:04 - Sep 2 with 3829 viewsTheResurrection

Flaps.

Don't you understand you're talking absolute nonsense? You don't understand things so it's best not to speak, certainly not make thread after thread illustrating how little you understand things.

You're not very bright are you but stop and think for one minute, try doing some research. Speak to anyone who can get some crayons and an abacus out for you.

Anything mate, other than these humiliating posts.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

38m profit on 12:06 - Sep 2 with 3821 viewsTheResurrection

38m profit on 11:51 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

3 sensible posts in a row on planetswans (4 now) must be some sort of a record. You guys should post more.

If you get demoted in work and can no longer afford your Mercedes and lavish rent so you sell the car with the view to buy a cheaper sustainable model with the rest going to your other expenses - that doesn’t mean what you get from the car is expendable profit, it is earmarked to survive.

Spot on. Surely by now only the uber thick can't grasp this.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

38m profit on 12:09 - Sep 2 with 3798 viewsJack11

I’m sorry to hear that happened to you. Nice of you to use your own painful experiences and personal failings to emphasise your weak analogy though.
38m profit on 12:13 - Sep 2 with 3768 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 12:09 - Sep 2 by Jack11

I’m sorry to hear that happened to you. Nice of you to use your own painful experiences and personal failings to emphasise your weak analogy though.

I can only guess that in your head that came across as witty?

Login to get fewer ads

38m profit on 12:14 - Sep 2 with 3776 viewsJack11

Nope, just a representative example of the charlatan you are.
38m profit on 12:16 - Sep 2 with 3766 viewsMattG

38m profit on 12:06 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

Spot on. Surely by now only the uber thick can't grasp this.

For me, it's not about the cost-cutting itself (which was obviously going to be needed), more the seemingly desperate and haphazard way in which it was done. The prime example was bidding £6m for Woods when, if Dineen is to be believed, we couldn't actually afford to pay that amount, never mind the extra £Â½m.

Whether because we weren't able to sell the likes of Ayew(s) or to get the money we expected for the likes of Mawson and Clucas, I'm not sure but the last 6 weeks or so haven't really given the appearance of a Club that really knows where it's going.
38m profit on 12:19 - Sep 2 with 3744 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 12:16 - Sep 2 by MattG

For me, it's not about the cost-cutting itself (which was obviously going to be needed), more the seemingly desperate and haphazard way in which it was done. The prime example was bidding £6m for Woods when, if Dineen is to be believed, we couldn't actually afford to pay that amount, never mind the extra £Â½m.

Whether because we weren't able to sell the likes of Ayew(s) or to get the money we expected for the likes of Mawson and Clucas, I'm not sure but the last 6 weeks or so haven't really given the appearance of a Club that really knows where it's going.

Not really haphazard.

The deal depended on sales. As you know the sales went down to the wire due to a last minute hitch, as a result we got millions less.

Are you seriously suggesting we should have only started negotiating once everyone was sold?

Come on Matt.

38m profit on 12:21 - Sep 2 with 3746 viewsMattG

38m profit on 12:19 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

Not really haphazard.

The deal depended on sales. As you know the sales went down to the wire due to a last minute hitch, as a result we got millions less.

Are you seriously suggesting we should have only started negotiating once everyone was sold?

Come on Matt.

What last minute hitch? Perhaps I'm not as ITK as some.

I understand the process of negotiation but surely you can see something of a flaw in offering a sum that you can't actually afford to pay.
38m profit on 12:23 - Sep 2 with 3724 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 12:21 - Sep 2 by MattG

What last minute hitch? Perhaps I'm not as ITK as some.

I understand the process of negotiation but surely you can see something of a flaw in offering a sum that you can't actually afford to pay.

Yes. We went from getting £8m for Clucas to £6m and also failed to get a fee for Jordan Ayew.

You have no idea how the negotiations went, I very much would think it was a deal in principle based upon getting those funds.

Any other way to approach it would be ludicrous surely?

38m profit on 12:25 - Sep 2 with 3724 viewsLeonWasGod

I didn’t realise we submitted our accounts for just the summer period. Excellent, could have signed Richarlison .

The club have been mismanaged for sure, but the ignorance around some really basic stuff is scarey on here sometimes.
38m profit on 12:27 - Sep 2 with 3708 viewsAl_Bundy

Why would anyone stay where you have been demoted ? On the thread topic - Daps should stick to false transfer rumours.
38m profit on 12:28 - Sep 2 with 3701 viewsclloy2

Only 6 weeks- I think you're being a bit kind there
38m profit on 12:29 - Sep 2 with 3691 viewsE20Jack

I don’t understand the question.

38m profit on 12:34 - Sep 2 with 3672 viewsLoyal

38m profit on 11:40 - Sep 2 by thornabyswan

That's the profit we made on transfers according to the Sky commentators last night.
What they didn't mention was the 50 million drop in revenue

Or the 59 million saved.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

38m profit on 12:35 - Sep 2 with 3665 viewsMattG

38m profit on 12:23 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

Yes. We went from getting £8m for Clucas to £6m and also failed to get a fee for Jordan Ayew.

You have no idea how the negotiations went, I very much would think it was a deal in principle based upon getting those funds.

Who knows - you may be right but my point is how it appears from the outside.

Assuming the press coverage was accurate (and nobody has denied it) then we actually bid £6m. What if Brentford had accepted that rather than asking for another £Â½m when, according to Dineen, we couldn't even afford the initial sum? Would we have backed out or gone through with it and put ourselves in a worse financial position?

As long as it doesn't affect what Potter is trying to do, I have no issue with us not buying Woods or even not bringing in any loans. I'm just saying that, from my perspective and taken as a whole, the transfer window looked rather disjointed.
38m profit on 12:44 - Sep 2 with 3623 viewslidojack

38m profit on 12:23 - Sep 2 by E20Jack

If the Woods deal was entirely reliant on funds from out-goings it was at best naive not to have other options lined up.

Even a stop gap until January would have been an improvement.
38m profit on 12:46 - Sep 2 with 3607 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 12:44 - Sep 2 by lidojack

If the Woods deal was entirely reliant on funds from out-goings it was at best naive not to have other options lined up.

Even a stop gap until January would have been an improvement.

Other options and stop gaps cost money, money we don’t have to waste on such short term options.

38m profit on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 3585 viewsangryjack

Ye but if you had 7 mercs and bought them for 1 million each but sold them when you got demoted for7 million 20 million for another and so on you would have made a decent profit plus you had 3 years of redunduntcies of 100 million I think you could afford to treat yourself on a few treats like a Ryan woods
38m profit on 12:53 - Sep 2 with 3573 viewsE20Jack

38m profit on 12:35 - Sep 2 by MattG

Who knows - you may be right but my point is how it appears from the outside.

Assuming the press coverage was accurate (and nobody has denied it) then we actually bid £6m. What if Brentford had accepted that rather than asking for another £Â½m when, according to Dineen, we couldn't even afford the initial sum? Would we have backed out or gone through with it and put ourselves in a worse financial position?

As long as it doesn't affect what Potter is trying to do, I have no issue with us not buying Woods or even not bringing in any loans. I'm just saying that, from my perspective and taken as a whole, the transfer window looked rather disjointed.

Of course it was disjointed. We had to shift 20 players, if anyone thinks that’s easy they are mental.

Bidding £6m for a target is absolutely the correct thing to do. I can’t believe anybody would think we would not have agreed a fee prior to selling after they now understand we needed to sell first. We would have had what, an hour to get the deal done.

Football transfers are complex, a bit like buying a house. Sometimes bids are made, offers accepted and they fall through due to the chain not coming to fruition with regards to the sale of their own house going through - in fact it’s exactly that.

I would be far more concerned if they approached it like you are suggesting they should have. That would scream incompetence surely? I am also sure you would be criticising them not having that iron in the fire should that ever have been the case.

38m profit on 12:54 - Sep 2 with 3574 views_

You don't know what actually happened so why do you think it's fair to comment?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

38m profit on 12:55 - Sep 2 with 3565 views_

38m profit on 12:25 - Sep 2 by LeonWasGod

I didn’t realise we submitted our accounts for just the summer period. Excellent, could have signed Richarlison .

The club have been mismanaged for sure, but the ignorance around some really basic stuff is scarey on here sometimes.

Flaps, this one is for you.

Read it, think.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024