Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We simply can't score. 22:22 - Sep 22 with 1870 viewsomarjack

We have the 2nd best defence in the league, Good enough for a promotion push without a doubt.

But we just can't score for sh!t..3 games in a row with no goals in a shambles of a league like the championship is terrible tbh..and yes, you might say the competition was hard and all, I get it, Boro are almost impossible to crack at home. But what about Stoke? Their defence is hilariously bad, Yet we couldn't do much.

Last season we celebrated goals as if there was no tomorrow because of how rarely they came. I'm afraid not much has changed. We might celebrate our really good organisation at the back etc..But I really miss the old days when we scored more goals than matches every season.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 22:24]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

We simply can't score. on 22:38 - Sep 22 with 1816 viewsmagicdaps10

We are missing Celina and not playing Narsingh, play these two and for me it all changes.....goals will come.

Think also

Grimes rise in midfield could also prove useful, an option to use Fer further forward.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We simply can't score. on 22:52 - Sep 22 with 1779 viewsjack2jack

Are we creating more chances though?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 22:56]
We simply can't score. on 23:48 - Sep 22 with 1661 viewsCroftyjack

We simply can't score. on 22:52 - Sep 22 by jack2jack

Are we creating more chances though?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 22:56]

Nope were not that is why we not scoring goals...we have virtually no creativity and hardly any players who will get more than 5 goals a season.
The reasons we got relegated are still the reasons we cant score this season
cant score= low finish..we are falling each week, grit and being tidy and organised wont count for anything.
We simply can't score. on 10:02 - Sep 23 with 1428 viewspatchboy

simple reason is that we have a young team and we are rebuilding after the incompence of the owners.
We simply can't score. on 11:47 - Sep 23 with 1322 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It must be the fault of all those new Strikers that we signed for this season.
Oh wait a minute, we didn't did we?
We simply can't score. on 12:30 - Sep 23 with 1239 viewsCroftyjack

We simply can't score. on 10:02 - Sep 23 by patchboy

simple reason is that we have a young team and we are rebuilding after the incompence of the owners.

But to really rebuild you have to create the right environment and add the tools that are needed to rebuild.
This rebuild you all talk about ain't true it's asset stripping and making use of the lower paid players left at your disposal.
There is a huge difference... rebuilding needs investment.
We simply can't score. on 12:30 - Sep 23 with 1239 viewsJFSwan

Yes our ' goals for' column isn't the best
We simply can't score. on 12:36 - Sep 23 with 1222 viewsjasper_T

If Potter can get a consistent attacking unit out every week we'd probably be having some more joy. Too much rotation (enforced or otherwise) so far.
Login to get fewer ads

We simply can't score. on 12:40 - Sep 23 with 1204 viewsjack2jack

We simply can't score. on 23:48 - Sep 22 by Croftyjack

Nope were not that is why we not scoring goals...we have virtually no creativity and hardly any players who will get more than 5 goals a season.
The reasons we got relegated are still the reasons we cant score this season
cant score= low finish..we are falling each week, grit and being tidy and organised wont count for anything.

We need our key player back pronto,with them on board I'm optimistic well fair better,still think we need another out and out striker in Jan, if Bony doesn't get back.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 962 viewsCroftyjack

We simply can't score. on 10:02 - Sep 23 by patchboy

We simply can't score. on 21:19 - Sep 23 with 914 viewsicecoldjack

First things first, any manager with sense knows you build from the back, if the defence is tight there's always a chance of nicking a goal, I'm not shocked that we are up and down in the final 3rd the longer the team stats together the better it will get in this department .

10 games in and I'm more than happy with what I've seen from the manager and players, almost every single player brings something of note, if we finish the season mid table if honestly be thrilled .

I think the players have sussed though that this league is anyone's.
We simply can't score. on 23:58 - Sep 23 with 844 viewsKilkennyjack

We simply can't score. on 21:19 - Sep 23 by icecoldjack

First things first, any manager with sense knows you build from the back, if the defence is tight there's always a chance of nicking a goal, I'm not shocked that we are up and down in the final 3rd the longer the team stats together the better it will get in this department .

10 games in and I'm more than happy with what I've seen from the manager and players, almost every single player brings something of note, if we finish the season mid table if honestly be thrilled .

I think the players have sussed though that this league is anyone's.

Good post.

If our front 6 was

Celina
Fer

Dyer
Routs
Narsingh

Oli/Bony

Then we would be in business.

Beware of the Risen People

We simply can't score. on 00:02 - Sep 24 with 841 viewsKrisP

We simply can't score. on 22:38 - Sep 22 by magicdaps10

We are missing Celina and not playing Narsingh, play these two and for me it all changes.....goals will come.

Think also

Grimes rise in midfield could also prove useful, an option to use Fer further forward.

We're not playing Narsingh for the same reason we weren't playing him for the last 18 months - he's not very good. The fact we would owe PSV money just makes the decision easier. Now that this extra money bit has been confirmed some of our fans are suddenly convinced he's the Messiah.
We simply can't score. on 09:19 - Sep 24 with 717 viewsLeonWasGod

We simply can't score. on 23:58 - Sep 23 by Kilkennyjack

Good post.

If our front 6 was

Celina
Fer

Dyer
Routs
Narsingh

Oli/Bony

Then we would be in business.

I've always said that Dyer and Routs are the answer to a goal drought