Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your debt? 04:01 - May 27 with 4069 viewsBluebird

Genuine question here.
I have noticed a few quotes that your debts are around 30m?
Also noticed a few saying that the potential sales of James , Mcburie and Roberts will see that debt gone?
Does this so called debt need to be paid in full?
Could the yanks decide to keep the debt and pay small instalments over a number of years whilst taking any sales proceeds for themselves?
Your debt? on 05:07 - May 27 with 2991 viewsProfessor

It is more a hole between income and expenditure than an existing debt. Changes and sales being made not to run at loss and increase debt which I believe is fairly small (around 5 million). Would be hard to take a dividend when there is little profit. What goes on in really dependent on the owners. Logically it would be easier to offload a debt-free club and even easier for a PL club. It is a question of gambling like Leeds and Villa or being prudent. If Villa don't beat Derby I forsee substantial financial problems for both them and Leeds this year. I think you guys are in a very strong position to go back up, though not sure the prehistoric football you play will work as well this time.
Your debt? on 09:33 - May 27 with 2713 viewsexhmrc1

The way I read it is that there are 2 problems. One is the debt due to poor transfers in the last year of the premiership as Ayew, Bony, Clucas etc have been bought for large fees and very little has been recovered. The other is reducing the wage bill to championship level. The sale of James and others will recover the debt on transfers and the wage bill has been largely reduced with the likes of Bony, Fer and Nairsingh being out of contract and hopefully the likes of the Ayews Baston Carroll and Montero being transferred or loaned. These will be replaced by lower cost or free transfer players. The debt is far lower than yours which stands over 100 million.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 9:37]
Your debt? on 09:40 - May 27 with 2675 viewspencoedjack

Your debt? on 05:07 - May 27 by Professor

It is more a hole between income and expenditure than an existing debt. Changes and sales being made not to run at loss and increase debt which I believe is fairly small (around 5 million). Would be hard to take a dividend when there is little profit. What goes on in really dependent on the owners. Logically it would be easier to offload a debt-free club and even easier for a PL club. It is a question of gambling like Leeds and Villa or being prudent. If Villa don't beat Derby I forsee substantial financial problems for both them and Leeds this year. I think you guys are in a very strong position to go back up, though not sure the prehistoric football you play will work as well this time.

Why do you think they will go back up?

Arter / the Spanish player have gone & with the exception of their keeper & the winger they picked up from Norwich they are pretty shite
Your debt? on 09:42 - May 27 with 2665 viewsNeath_Jack

Your debt? on 09:40 - May 27 by pencoedjack

Arter / the Spanish player have gone & with the exception of their keeper & the winger they picked up from Norwich they are pretty shite

I think they'll go back up as well.

Can't see them losing many players as they haven't got any stars as such. They've got the best Championship manager already in place, and they'll have a few quid to spend on players.

As much as it pains me, can see them flying up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Your debt? on 09:53 - May 27 with 2609 viewsTailGunner

Your debt? on 09:42 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

Can't see them losing many players as they haven't got any stars as such. They've got the best Championship manager already in place, and they'll have a few quid to spend on players.

Hate to say it but I agree.
Would help if someone took Morrison off them, he's surely got to be on the radar if Dyche or similar.
I hope I'm spectacularly wrong of course and they get relegated...

Can't really comment on our prospects as we have no manager and little idea of what squad we will have.
Your debt? on 10:42 - May 27 with 2482 views34dfgdf54

I always think the worse when it comes to them lot, I wasn’t sure they were going down until Palace went two clear last but one game of season.
Your debt? on 10:58 - May 27 with 2414 viewsjasper_T

It's not a specific debt or the deficit it's just the number being bandied about by journalists as what the owners want to recover this summer to keep the club ticking over. We're running at a big loss like everyone else in the division, and selling three reasonable-earners for one-off payments doesn't solve all our problems forever.

"Taking sales proceeds for themselves" is a tricky proposition when we won't be getting paid in full up front, other shareholders get a % of dividends, and wage obligations mean we're short of cash to keep the lights on if a few million goes missing.
Your debt? on 11:00 - May 27 with 2401 viewsBadlands

Cardiff promoted next season?
No chance.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Your debt? on 11:04 - May 27 with 2386 views34dfgdf54

Your debt? on 10:58 - May 27 by jasper_T

It's not a specific debt or the deficit it's just the number being bandied about by journalists as what the owners want to recover this summer to keep the club ticking over. We're running at a big loss like everyone else in the division, and selling three reasonable-earners for one-off payments doesn't solve all our problems forever.

"Taking sales proceeds for themselves" is a tricky proposition when we won't be getting paid in full up front, other shareholders get a % of dividends, and wage obligations mean we're short of cash to keep the lights on if a few million goes missing.

I thought no shareholders were taking dividends?

I’m no business expert but how can there be dividend payouts when the club is making a loss anyway?
[Post edited 27 May 2019 11:06]
Your debt? on 11:06 - May 27 with 2376 viewsmajorraglan

I also think they are in a strong position to go back up.
They have the nucleus of their Championship promotion winning team still at the club, they also bought Championship players for their Premier League squad after promotion. I don’t think they went overboard with their spending last season and their wage bill was amongst the lowest in the PL by some distance from what I read. They won’t need to slash and burn and they will still have a healthy amount of cash left over from their income. I suspect they will turn a big profit from last season which Tan will split between reducing the club’s debt and strengthening the squad for a bash at promotion. They have Warnock at the helm and love him or loath him, his record of taking clubs into the top division is bettered by no one.
Your debt? on 11:12 - May 27 with 2359 viewspencoedjack

Your debt? on 11:06 - May 27 by majorraglan

They have the nucleus of their Championship promotion winning team still at the club, they also bought Championship players for their Premier League squad after promotion. I don’t think they went overboard with their spending last season and their wage bill was amongst the lowest in the PL by some distance from what I read. They won’t need to slash and burn and they will still have a healthy amount of cash left over from their income. I suspect they will turn a big profit from last season which Tan will split between reducing the club’s debt and strengthening the squad for a bash at promotion. They have Warnock at the helm and love him or loath him, his record of taking clubs into the top division is bettered by no one.

Or of course he getting them ready to sell
Your debt? on 11:26 - May 27 with 2310 viewsGeoffThom

Your debt? on 11:06 - May 27 by majorraglan

I have to agree with this,Burnley did the same
Your debt? on 11:38 - May 27 with 2269 viewsmajorraglan

Your debt? on 11:26 - May 27 by GeoffThom

I have to agree with this,Burnley did the same

Was reading an article yesterday about club finances and whereas most clubs had debts of varying degrees, Burnley had £34m cash in the bank which is a nice nest egg for a rainy day. If Burnley had a poor PL season and were relegated, I would have thought they would also be in a strong position to bounce back.

Swansea needs to get back on an even keel and then build from there. The Academy took some stick in the PL years, but it’s proving its worth now.
Your debt? on 11:47 - May 27 with 2237 viewsmajorraglan

Your debt? on 11:12 - May 27 by pencoedjack

Or of course he getting them ready to sell

You may be right on that, he’s turned a large amount of debt to equity in the last few years.

They made about a £100m in TV money etc last year, they will get about £40m next season, £35m the year after and then about £15m in the 3rd year. If they have kept their overheads down, then with that £40m on top of season ticket sales ( if they can sell any ) and other revenue they may even be able to turn a profit. If I were Tan, I would be backing Warnock and having a good bash at returning to the PL but it won’t be easy. Huddersfield will probably have some money, Leeds, Fulham, West Brom, the loser of today’s Play Off could be in the mix as well as Middlesborough. I’d also like to think the Swans will be competitive and top 6 after a decent managerial appointment and some sensible prudent backing in the transfer market.
Your debt? on 13:31 - May 27 with 2058 viewsmynamesjeff1

With wages saved, Potter Compo and James sale, that’s the £30m covered.
Your debt? on 13:44 - May 27 with 2017 viewsFlashberryjack

Your debt? on 11:00 - May 27 by Badlands

Cardiff promoted next season?
No chance.

Sadly I disagree, I think they'll go up automatically, if they don't they will definitely make the play offs at the very least.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Your debt? on 13:53 - May 27 with 2002 viewsjasper_T

Your debt? on 13:31 - May 27 by mynamesjeff1

With wages saved, Potter Compo and James sale, that’s the £30m covered.

The £30m quoted by journalists isn't about wages saved. It's the figure needed to recoup what's been lost in previous overspending.

Future wage savings come out of next summer's £Xm recovery figure.
Your debt? on 16:44 - May 27 with 1847 viewsEasternJack

Your debt? on 11:47 - May 27 by majorraglan

You may be right on that, he’s turned a large amount of debt to equity in the last few years.

They made about a £100m in TV money etc last year, they will get about £40m next season, £35m the year after and then about £15m in the 3rd year. If they have kept their overheads down, then with that £40m on top of season ticket sales ( if they can sell any ) and other revenue they may even be able to turn a profit. If I were Tan, I would be backing Warnock and having a good bash at returning to the PL but it won’t be easy. Huddersfield will probably have some money, Leeds, Fulham, West Brom, the loser of today’s Play Off could be in the mix as well as Middlesborough. I’d also like to think the Swans will be competitive and top 6 after a decent managerial appointment and some sensible prudent backing in the transfer market.

They won’t get the 3rd year parachute payment as they only spent 1 year in the premier league.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Your debt? on 16:53 - May 27 with 1832 viewsmajorraglan

Your debt? on 16:44 - May 27 by EasternJack

They won’t get the 3rd year parachute payment as they only spent 1 year in the premier league.

Thanks, forgot that.
Your debt? (n/t) on 17:08 - May 27 with 1803 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Your debt? on 17:09 - May 27 with 1798 viewsOldjack

What debt ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Your debt? on 17:42 - May 27 with 1732 viewsjacktar_

I know, utter shit, Arter and that spanish bloke were the only reason they got 90 points the season before last, now they're gone they are f@cked
Your debt? on 17:43 - May 27 with 1727 viewsbluey_the_blue

Your debt? on 17:42 - May 27 by jacktar_

I know, utter shit, Arter and that spanish bloke were the only reason they got 90 points the season before last, now they're gone they are f@cked

Good one, pencoed won't spot the obvious way you're taking the p1ss out of him...
Your debt? on 17:50 - May 27 with 1711 viewsJack59

Your debt? on 09:42 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

I watched them quite a lot in their promotion year and was astonished that they went up with a squad of such low quality. But In fairness, as much as I dislike Warnock he does tend to get !00% out of players, It was long throw-ins, some quality goalkeeping, and that extra effort they all put in last time which saw them through.
I don't think any of those three qualities will be anywhere near enough next time. The Championship will be much stronger than it was two seasons ago, and now Warnock's squad also know that they are not good enough to sustain in the EPL. That in itself, will make it almost impossible to get the same commitment from the squad that he had last time.
I believe Cardiff and us, with another weakened squad will struggle to get half way next year.
Your debt? on 17:54 - May 27 with 1700 viewsbluey_the_blue

It's interesting you highlight "long throw-ins", we certainly never actually score from those.

No problem with defensive long throws.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024