Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Living Planet report 09:03 - Sep 10 with 5105 viewsCatullus

As if we didn't know but human expansion is killing us. Wildlife is being lost at the greatest rate ever. A football sized pitch of the Amazon rain forest is being cleared for beef cattle grazing land EVERY MINUTE.
They are even saying that our expansion into other creatures habitats , the illegal wildlife trade and the removal of wildlife could be responsible for the Covid pandemic and that if we continue this kind of thing will be more commonplace.
We are destroying, or maybe have destroyed the balance of our planet and it is the whole of humankind who will suffer as a result of our own greed and stupidity.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Living Planet report on 09:49 - Sep 10 with 1814 viewsbritferry

The best thing that could happen to the planet is for a virus to hit that would wipe out the human race

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The Living Planet report on 09:53 - Sep 10 with 1811 viewsCatullus

The Living Planet report on 09:49 - Sep 10 by britferry

The best thing that could happen to the planet is for a virus to hit that would wipe out the human race

We are a virus, maybe mother nature will have had enough of us.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Living Planet report on 10:38 - Sep 10 with 1800 views1983

I will be out of here in about 25-30yrs (touch wood) but fear for my children, grandchildren...etc

The Living Planet report on 11:42 - Sep 10 with 1791 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you haven't realised yet it is project fear.
Just another part of the UN Agendas.
The Living Planet report on 14:32 - Sep 10 with 1781 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Living Planet report on 11:42 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you really believe that or are you just being argumentative again for the sake of it.
The Living Planet report on 15:16 - Sep 10 with 1776 viewsCatullus

The Living Planet report on 11:42 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Tell me, during lockdown did you notice how few bees there were? In all that sunny weather, hardly any bees, someone on here even noticed there seemed to be fewer flies. Is that all part of the plot?

The Living Planet report on 15:28 - Sep 10 with 1768 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Living Planet report on 14:32 - Sep 10 by Treforys_Jack

Do you really believe that or are you just being argumentative again for the sake of it.

Oh, I believe it.
You have to go all the way back to H L Mencken who stated “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”

This was used by The Club of Rome and Maurice Strong.
They made wild predictions of gloom and doom.
Strong worked for the UN and spent many years in China.
For some of his quotes go here
https://www.azquotes.com/author/14256-Maurice_Strong
This tactic has been used by many politicians ie when things are going wrong at home distract the public with scares elsewhere.
Those ideas are the background to Extreme Rebellion, Antifa and BLM leaders, even St Greta is expousing them.

To see how this fits in to "Climate Change" and "Environmentalism" and "Sustainability" (UN Agenda) see these
http://www.richardpresser.com/wordpress/maurice-strong-the-key-to-understanding-

https://thewatchtowers.org/maurice-strong-the-nwo-father-of-global-warming-and-a
The Living Planet report on 15:39 - Sep 10 with 1763 viewsTreforys_Jack

The destruction of the rain forests doesn't bother you, even though its the earths lungs, or are you saying its a complete hoax.
Login to get fewer ads

The Living Planet report on 16:02 - Sep 10 with 1752 viewsScotia

The Living Planet report on 14:32 - Sep 10 by Treforys_Jack

He believes it because the right wing american websites he looks at say its part of th UN's agenda, and he wants to believe them. They are wrong.

The bottom line is there are far too many of us on the planet, too dependent on natural resources that there aren't enough of.
The Living Planet report on 16:31 - Sep 10 with 1747 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Living Planet report on 15:39 - Sep 10 by Treforys_Jack

The destruction of the rain forests doesn't bother you, even though its the earths lungs, or are you saying its a complete hoax.

First of all the rain forests are not being destroyed, they are being replaced.
They were not always rain forests, even 2500 years ago they were not as they are today.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-environment-amazon-idUSKBN0FD00N20140708

Would you rather have the people of South America starve?

But let's look at some facts.
First of all they are not the only "Lungs of the Earth" there are many forests all over the world.

https://listsurge.com/top-10-largest-forests-in-the-world/

Next the World has been greening, more plant growth over the last 25 years.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-

Next, those videos and photos in the media of the Amazon on fire last year.
They were mostly farmers burning of their crops ready for planting. But many were not even of 2019, many were from 2012/2013.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/22/us/debunk-amazon-photos-trnd/index.html

Despite headlines claiming massive increases in burning in 2019, the actual burning had been decreasing since 2010,
see
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2019/09/25/amazon-fires-update/

So do you see how exaggerations, lies, deciept and ommissions create fear in the public?

ps and then we have this little gem

https://granitegrok.com/blog/2019/11/world-wildlife-federation-paid-70000-to-act
Who knows if it is true?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 17:13]
The Living Planet report on 16:35 - Sep 10 with 1745 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Where is the outrage at this

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/09/07/environmental-disaster-northern-europe-de
The Living Planet report on 17:04 - Sep 10 with 1728 viewsHumpty

The Living Planet report on 15:28 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Oh, I believe it.
You have to go all the way back to H L Mencken who stated “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”

This was used by The Club of Rome and Maurice Strong.
They made wild predictions of gloom and doom.
Strong worked for the UN and spent many years in China.
For some of his quotes go here
https://www.azquotes.com/author/14256-Maurice_Strong
This tactic has been used by many politicians ie when things are going wrong at home distract the public with scares elsewhere.
Those ideas are the background to Extreme Rebellion, Antifa and BLM leaders, even St Greta is expousing them.

To see how this fits in to "Climate Change" and "Environmentalism" and "Sustainability" (UN Agenda) see these
http://www.richardpresser.com/wordpress/maurice-strong-the-key-to-understanding-

https://thewatchtowers.org/maurice-strong-the-nwo-father-of-global-warming-and-a

You lost me at New World Order global elite.

Dear God.
The Living Planet report on 17:14 - Sep 10 with 1723 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Living Planet report on 17:04 - Sep 10 by Humpty

You lost me at New World Order global elite.

Dear God.

I would expect it to.
The Living Planet report on 18:09 - Sep 10 with 1710 viewsmajorraglan

We have some beauts on here, if this is replicated in society at large then it’s no wonder we are in a mess.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 18:44]
The Living Planet report on 18:12 - Sep 10 with 1705 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Living Planet report on 16:02 - Sep 10 by Scotia

He believes it because the right wing american websites he looks at say its part of th UN's agenda, and he wants to believe them. They are wrong.

The bottom line is there are far too many of us on the planet, too dependent on natural resources that there aren't enough of.

Absolute rubbish that is exactly what Strong & the Club or Rome were saying 50 years ago.
Please name these resources that there are not enough of, with actual data.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 18:14]
The Living Planet report on 18:22 - Sep 10 with 1694 viewsScotia

The Living Planet report on 18:12 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Absolute rubbish that is exactly what Strong & the Club or Rome were saying 50 years ago.
Please name these resources that there are not enough of, with actual data.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 18:14]

Can you name a resource that we have a plentiful supply of, in the place it is used?
The Living Planet report on 18:28 - Sep 10 with 1691 viewsFlashberryjack

The Living Planet report on 18:22 - Sep 10 by Scotia

Can you name a resource that we have a plentiful supply of, in the place it is used?

Welsh water and Coal.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Living Planet report on 18:32 - Sep 10 with 1686 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Living Planet report on 18:22 - Sep 10 by Scotia

Food, all over the world, in fact a lot of it get's thrown away.
Oil, most of the US Oil bearing lands were put off limit by Obama.
Gas, we are sitting on gas and coal, which can be made in to gas and oil.
Water, all the time we have cheap energy we have water.
How many more do you want?

Now provide your essential resources that are disappearing.
The Living Planet report on 18:39 - Sep 10 with 1683 viewsFlashberryjack

The Living Planet report on 18:32 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

"Now provide your essential resources that are disappearing"

Common sense !

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Living Planet report on 18:42 - Sep 10 with 1680 viewsScotia

The Living Planet report on 18:32 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

In the context of the living planet report. Food, oil, gas and water.

Food - we throw it away because people are greedy. Some parts of the world have nowhere near enough. Others destroy the environment to produce too much.

Oil - destroys the climate

Gas - see oil.

Water - there isn't even enough in SE England to serve the local population before you consider drier areas.

I'm not turning this in to another climate change thread, you've been made to look daft on enough of those already. So don't go there.
The Living Planet report on 18:59 - Sep 10 with 1660 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Living Planet report on 18:42 - Sep 10 by Scotia

In the context of the living planet report. Food, oil, gas and water.

Food - we throw it away because people are greedy. Some parts of the world have nowhere near enough. Others destroy the environment to produce too much.

Oil - destroys the climate

Gas - see oil.

Water - there isn't even enough in SE England to serve the local population before you consider drier areas.

I'm not turning this in to another climate change thread, you've been made to look daft on enough of those already. So don't go there.

It has nothing to do with Climate and everything to do with outright lies.
You said " Some parts of the world have nowhere near enough." - simply a distribution problem, nothing to do with running out.

Oil - nothing to do with running out.
Gas - nothing to do with running out.

You said "there isn't even enough in SE England to serve the local population before you consider drier areas. " - nothing to with running out and all to do with not building any resrvoirs since 1989, in which time the popultion has increased by 10 million.
And you have the outright nerve to say that about one of the wettest countries in Europe.

You are totally clueless and brainwashed.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 19:50]
The Living Planet report on 19:28 - Sep 10 with 1643 viewsCatullus

The Living Planet report on 16:35 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Where is the outrage at this

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/09/07/environmental-disaster-northern-europe-de

I have brought upEurope before and mentioned the damage being done by the EU. There is a dead zone in the Baltic caused by the run off of chemicals from farming. What you mention as well, of course.

We can talk about resources but I'm more concerned with destruction of habitats, loss of diversity in the animal kingdom and the damage we are doing to the sea. We are upsetting the balance of nature and it may have contributed to this Corona virus pandemic.

If you're on about a new world order, I think it's a bit late. It's not new anymore, it's the rich and powerful, it's corporations and bought politicians and it's been here for a while. If anybody is going on about another (newer) new world order, I'd suggest it was a distraction technique.

The Living Planet report on 20:01 - Sep 10 with 1633 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Living Planet report on 19:28 - Sep 10 by Catullus

I have brought upEurope before and mentioned the damage being done by the EU. There is a dead zone in the Baltic caused by the run off of chemicals from farming. What you mention as well, of course.

We can talk about resources but I'm more concerned with destruction of habitats, loss of diversity in the animal kingdom and the damage we are doing to the sea. We are upsetting the balance of nature and it may have contributed to this Corona virus pandemic.

If you're on about a new world order, I think it's a bit late. It's not new anymore, it's the rich and powerful, it's corporations and bought politicians and it's been here for a while. If anybody is going on about another (newer) new world order, I'd suggest it was a distraction technique.

No, it is the old one, just coming closer to fruition.

I don't believe that COVID had anything to do with the balance of nature.
The Living Planet report on 20:11 - Sep 10 with 1631 viewsCatullus

The Living Planet report on 20:01 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

No, it is the old one, just coming closer to fruition.

I don't believe that COVID had anything to do with the balance of nature.

Not the balance no but the incursion into habitats and the illegal removal and sale of species, often for traditional Chinese medicines.

Diseases that are usually kept within species are mutating and being transmitted to humans.

The Living Planet report on 20:31 - Sep 10 with 1613 viewsScotia

The Living Planet report on 18:59 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

It has nothing to do with Climate and everything to do with outright lies.
You said " Some parts of the world have nowhere near enough." - simply a distribution problem, nothing to do with running out.

Oil - nothing to do with running out.
Gas - nothing to do with running out.

You said "there isn't even enough in SE England to serve the local population before you consider drier areas. " - nothing to with running out and all to do with not building any resrvoirs since 1989, in which time the popultion has increased by 10 million.
And you have the outright nerve to say that about one of the wettest countries in Europe.

You are totally clueless and brainwashed.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 19:50]

How do we improve distribution without causing the harm mentioned in the living planet report? Is transporting fruit grown in Andalusia, using fossil groundwater to the UK sustainable?

How do we burn so much as a molecule of gas or oil without contributing to climate change?

What good would building a reservoir in SE England do when their water supply is from groundwater? If we did what harm would that do to ecosystems?

You know I'm not clueless, that's just silly. I'm also not brainwashed. I see things as they are. Which is sometimes depressing.

I don't think you have to look far too find someone who is brainwashed even though you don't realise it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024