Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Debating. 15:27 - Oct 2 with 2757 viewsItchySphincter

Interesting concept isn’t it? Is it a battle to be won or lost or an exchange of views with the objective of changing a person’s opinion, or an exercise in forming the ability to think in a critical way. These Biden v Trump debates have brought it back in to focus. Would taking a position of superiority or accusing an opponent of rambling be a show of strength or a sign of weakness? It would be the latter I would think.

Just wondering.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Debating. on 16:47 - Oct 2 with 1331 viewsonehunglow

The Universe itself is a wonder.
What about our future in space

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Debating. on 17:05 - Oct 2 with 1318 viewsCatullus

I agree with you, it's the latter. In Trump and Biden's case of course, it showed them both up.
I can agree with Dr P about the moderator, he needs to be neutral, treat both parties the same mand pull them both up if they tell lies or resort to name calling. Where can you find someone strong enough to reign in these people and be fair about it too? That's why these debates are pretty pointless. All they do is demonstrate what a bunch of complete (words that would be removed by the moderator) we are voting for, whichever country we are in.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Debating. on 17:09 - Oct 2 with 1316 viewsCatullus

Debating. on 16:47 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

The Universe itself is a wonder.
What about our future in space

That's a whole different thread Richie! Unless us humans wise up we don't have much of a future anywhere.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Debating. on 18:21 - Oct 2 with 1289 viewsonehunglow

Its certainly a subject for a bible black ,gloomy ,grey Sunday

Debating. on 18:35 - Oct 2 with 1281 viewschad

Interesting I would have thought that you would have thought it a position of strength, given your repeated responses to those that dared praise or support Laudrup.

Good to see you now have a more balanced view
Debating. on 18:40 - Oct 2 with 1272 viewsItchySphincter

Debating. on 18:35 - Oct 2 by chad

Interesting I would have thought that you would have thought it a position of strength, given your repeated responses to those that dared praise or support Laudrup.

Good to see you now have a more balanced view

No Spratts, not true, but that’s an old argument, nice to see you trying to stir up old threads again though, not like you. We can go there if you want, maybe we’ll both get banned this time, not just you.

Debating. on 18:43 - Oct 2 with 1265 viewsonehunglow

So chad is spratty?Never had any runs ins with that username.Is he tidy boy?

Debating. on 19:00 - Oct 2 with 1256 viewschad

Debating. on 18:43 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

So chad is spratty?Never had any runs ins with that username.Is he tidy boy?

GIrl, well woman
Login to get fewer ads

Debating. on 19:14 - Oct 2 with 1253 viewschad

Debating. on 18:40 - Oct 2 by ItchySphincter

No Spratts, not true, but that’s an old argument, nice to see you trying to stir up old threads again though, not like you. We can go there if you want, maybe we’ll both get banned this time, not just you.

No I was praising you for your moral growth, not just me was it though Sunshine , remember how you used to stalk ice also. Jump in anytime either of us dared mention Laudrup, so very true, an advantage of this site is it actually contains the evidence.

I think we both know why I and others who were trying to shine the light of truth on issues with the deal, that the Trust were trying with all their might to push, were banned from here. But hopefully we have moved on from controlling cliques and censorship. I think that is why many chose to remain here.
Debating. on 19:30 - Oct 2 with 1246 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It's all about passing the time on a Swans forum. Nothing posted on here will make the slightest difference to the American election. No one from the right or the left is going to say "you're right, I was right/left and now I'm left/right".

It's an exercise in futility but if it entertains people that's fine.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Debating. on 19:30 - Oct 2 with 1242 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debates are supposed be be about enlightening the public what you and your party stand for and to show what you have achieved while in office.
The position of superiority was shown by Biden in 2012 in his VP debate with Ryan, interrupting, bullying and slagging him off.
President Trump would not allow him the same luxury and tried to counter the 33 lies that Biden told during the debate.
Lies that the Moderator should have been aware of and requested clarification.
If there are any future debates they will be even worse for the President to do any of those things.
Because the moderators are far from neutral and unbiased.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 19:50]
Debating. on 19:49 - Oct 2 with 1235 viewsonehunglow

chad.You're not lisa london in another guise,are you.?

No disrespect meant.

My own mother was a woman

Debating. on 20:00 - Oct 2 with 1228 viewsNeath_Jack

Debating. on 19:30 - Oct 2 by Joe_bradshaw

It's all about passing the time on a Swans forum. Nothing posted on here will make the slightest difference to the American election. No one from the right or the left is going to say "you're right, I was right/left and now I'm left/right".

Best post for months on this forum.

It is full of oddballs trying to push their opinions on anyone willing to take them seriously.

In truth, how many people really give a flying mutts danglies about some OAP's from the other side of the world? I work in the construction industry, and not once have I ever heard a conversation about Trump. Plenty of people make a passing comment about something ridiculous he's said or done, then it's back to football, rugby, the weather etc etc.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Debating. on 20:30 - Oct 2 with 1206 viewsonehunglow

Yep,agree NJ. We've got too much time on our hands and though we try we still basically waste our precious time of this planet.We all think we're important and what we think is right;well it isn't the case at all.

That aid,Ive learned much whilst on this site from the likes of lohengrin who makes me reach for the nearest history book or the google button. I used to think I was quite adroit but Ive killed myself ,often,still we can all learn and I use this site as much for that as anything.

On the whole,it's not such a bad old thing and this site feels far less dangerous to append comments.

Personally,being a confrontational individual by nature,its hard for me to ignore tw@ts ,as I see them, but the truly smart posters are those who will not engage with the trolls.

I'd say our resident Prof vies for the best poster along with loh and Kerouac but Catullus and I have become chat site chums .Purely platonic.

Be lucky and safe folks

Debating. on 20:49 - Oct 2 with 1192 viewsItchySphincter

Debating. on 19:14 - Oct 2 by chad

No I was praising you for your moral growth, not just me was it though Sunshine , remember how you used to stalk ice also. Jump in anytime either of us dared mention Laudrup, so very true, an advantage of this site is it actually contains the evidence.

I think we both know why I and others who were trying to shine the light of truth on issues with the deal, that the Trust were trying with all their might to push, were banned from here. But hopefully we have moved on from controlling cliques and censorship. I think that is why many chose to remain here.

Moved on? Yeah right. Only one of us is bringing up old threads, and not even truthfully. Enjoy the rest of your evening. x

Debating. on 20:51 - Oct 2 with 1185 viewsItchySphincter

Debating. on 19:30 - Oct 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Thank you JB. Often the voice of reason.

Debating. on 20:54 - Oct 2 with 1179 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Debating. on 20:00 - Oct 2 by Neath_Jack

Best post for months on this forum.

It is full of oddballs trying to push their opinions on anyone willing to take them seriously.

In truth, how many people really give a flying mutts danglies about some OAP's from the other side of the world? I work in the construction industry, and not once have I ever heard a conversation about Trump. Plenty of people make a passing comment about something ridiculous he's said or done, then it's back to football, rugby, the weather etc etc.

Well, perhaps they should "give a flying mutts danglies about some OAP's from the other side of the world".

After all it is the most powerful country in the western world and the changes that have taken place there and throughout the world over the last 4 years has made the world a safer place overall.

Unlike all the pre 2016 election hype about a mad man in control of the nuclear codes.

God help the USA and the world if Biden, which will really be Harris & Pelosi get in this year.
Debating. on 21:02 - Oct 2 with 1174 viewsNeath_Jack

Debating. on 20:54 - Oct 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, perhaps they should "give a flying mutts danglies about some OAP's from the other side of the world".

After all it is the most powerful country in the western world and the changes that have taken place there and throughout the world over the last 4 years has made the world a safer place overall.

Unlike all the pre 2016 election hype about a mad man in control of the nuclear codes.

God help the USA and the world if Biden, which will really be Harris & Pelosi get in this year.

I'm more concerned about my family, about our health, about my football team, about whether the spider in the corner of the room will still be there in the morning, whether I'll be able to find a half decent laptop for my daughter tomorrow, whether Gogglebox will be funny tonight, etc etc etc.

America, the most backward country in the world.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Debating. (n/t) on 21:07 - Oct 2 with 1170 viewsItchySphincter

Debating. on 21:02 - Oct 2 by Neath_Jack

I'm more concerned about my family, about our health, about my football team, about whether the spider in the corner of the room will still be there in the morning, whether I'll be able to find a half decent laptop for my daughter tomorrow, whether Gogglebox will be funny tonight, etc etc etc.

America, the most backward country in the world.

Debating. on 21:19 - Oct 2 with 1156 viewsCatullus

Debating. on 20:54 - Oct 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Now there's a claim worthy of a debate, is the world a safer place overall? Has it been made safer in the last 4 years?

China and Russia playing up, China has been on the brink with India, Trump has been confronting pretty much everybody.....safer, yes or no?

I care slightly more than an iota about the POTUS but only as far as it affects my life. To be fair, building site aren't exactly a hotbed of political discourse beyond calling the government (words that'd be removed) for putting the price of beer, fags and petrol up. Last time I worked on a building site we were still arguing over who the best page 3 girl was, that was 1989...Kathy Lloyd! Of course the 88/89 season was memorable for many reasons, some of them very bad.

Isn't most of what's posted on ere an exercise in futility? Who takes any notice of it besides us? It's just a bunch of nobodies posting their opinions. I'm fine with being a nobody, I live a stress free life. I enjoy the quiet, simple life.

Debating. on 21:23 - Oct 2 with 1146 viewstrampie

Debating. on 21:19 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Now there's a claim worthy of a debate, is the world a safer place overall? Has it been made safer in the last 4 years?

China and Russia playing up, China has been on the brink with India, Trump has been confronting pretty much everybody.....safer, yes or no?

I care slightly more than an iota about the POTUS but only as far as it affects my life. To be fair, building site aren't exactly a hotbed of political discourse beyond calling the government (words that'd be removed) for putting the price of beer, fags and petrol up. Last time I worked on a building site we were still arguing over who the best page 3 girl was, that was 1989...Kathy Lloyd! Of course the 88/89 season was memorable for many reasons, some of them very bad.

Isn't most of what's posted on ere an exercise in futility? Who takes any notice of it besides us? It's just a bunch of nobodies posting their opinions. I'm fine with being a nobody, I live a stress free life. I enjoy the quiet, simple life.

Are China and Russia playing up or is the USA and it's allies playing up ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Debating. on 21:27 - Oct 2 with 1146 viewsNeath_Jack

Debating. on 21:19 - Oct 2 by Catullus

I said construction industry, not a building site.

That said, building sites are littered with very intelligent people, who happen to prefer to be on sites, rather in offices.

Debating. on 21:34 - Oct 2 with 1133 viewsCatullus

Debating. on 21:27 - Oct 2 by Neath_Jack

I said construction industry, not a building site.

That said, building sites are littered with very intelligent people, who happen to prefer to be on sites, rather in offices.

Well a building site is part of the construction industry! I tried working in an office and soon found I preferred it outdoors. Though I enjoyed my time behind a bar too, many of life's lessons were learned there.

Debating. on 21:38 - Oct 2 with 1126 viewsNeath_Jack

Debating. on 21:34 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Well a building site is part of the construction industry! I tried working in an office and soon found I preferred it outdoors. Though I enjoyed my time behind a bar too, many of life's lessons were learned there.

Indeed, but not the part that I work in, so to reference a building site as not being a hotbed of political chat, is not representative of what I said.

Debating. on 21:51 - Oct 2 with 1114 viewsCatullus

Debating. on 21:38 - Oct 2 by Neath_Jack

Indeed, but not the part that I work in, so to reference a building site as not being a hotbed of political chat, is not representative of what I said.

Oh take a chill pill mun. Life is too short to always be so confrontational.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024