Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper delighted post match 21:09 - Oct 31 with 1210 viewsKeithHaynes

And deservedly so.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 08:38 - Nov 1 with 1110 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our depth is quite staggering at the moment. The hacks questioned our wing backs but we could play manning either side in case of injury, push Naughton there in place of Connor Roberts - lots of possibilities.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 09:36 - Nov 1 with 1085 viewsFireboy2

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 08:38 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Our depth is quite staggering at the moment. The hacks questioned our wing backs but we could play manning either side in case of injury, push Naughton there in place of Connor Roberts - lots of possibilities.

Yes brynnie it's starting to come together and its coincides with the players coming in from rodons sale.

It's a damn shame that mgw is injured as we would be better in the attacking department.
Steve Cooper delighted post match on 09:44 - Nov 1 with 1072 viewsonehunglow

me happy too.

Clearly,a change of attitude and it is paying off.

When ahead,we kept positive and got just dessert. Woodman,though,still an issue ,for me but he has excellent people in front of him and we aint missing Joe.

Great stuff

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 10:03 - Nov 1 with 1041 viewsDr_Winston

I do have some concerns if we lose Ayew for any significant length of time. Even in games where he's not having much of an impact he's still capable of popping up with something, and the importance of his presence on the pitch as a leader can't be overestimated.

Defensively we seem pretty solid regardless of who is in there, and our midfield looks a look tougher now we aren't reliant on the Grimes/Byers combo. Like you said, we've got good depth at WB too.

Just those slight issues in the final third, and they may become lesser as Lowe & Gyokeres settle into the team more. Added bonus is the sale of Rodon has probably put us into the position where if we needed someone else in January we might be able to make a move, whereas most others will probably be desperate to slash costs.

Cooper needs to understand how much better the game went yesterday because Grimes wasn't slowing down much of what we did, and because we didn't start taking our foot off the pedal after half time. We're a better team going forward, and it's time he realised it.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 10:07]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 10:06 - Nov 1 with 1047 viewsonehunglow

Have to say Guehi is outstanding and is going to be a serious player which we will watch with interest over years to come.

Dhanda 's development is the best watch though

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 10:53 - Nov 1 with 1010 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Squad strength and depth is always important but this season it will be more important than ever. The schedule is crazy and clubs that can rotate effectively will come to the fore as the injuries, suspensions and weariness take their toll.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 11:19 - Nov 1 with 992 viewsBoundy

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 09:44 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

me happy too.

Clearly,a change of attitude and it is paying off.

When ahead,we kept positive and got just dessert. Woodman,though,still an issue ,for me but he has excellent people in front of him and we aint missing Joe.

Great stuff

I thought he had a decent game yesterday except for the one ball he spilled ( took is eye off it ? ) His distribution was better finding the width without it hitting row z. he's playing with confidence because he trusts what's in front of him and that goes throughout the side

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 11:56 - Nov 1 with 965 viewsCatullus

I thought Roberts was great yesterday, he stopped the histrionics, he didn't go fown easy once, looking for a foul. He got on with it, got up quickly and carried on. As a result he made some important challenges and he was fantastic going forward too.

Guehi, is he Kevin Austin reborn, he's solid as a rock and he gets crosses in too.

Dhanda, is it because we are physically stronger across the pitch that he now does better? I felt we were pushed around a bit too easily at times last season but this season we are bigger, stronger and up for it. With that protection maybe teams don't try and bully us and Dhanda is benefitting? Was it Palmer last game who got in a revenge tackle, sending the message not to mess with us?

Cabango, not just a tower of strength at the back but also developing an eye for goal.

At the moment our biggest concern seems to be what do we do if Ayew gets injured. Right now it's easy to be confident, we look good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 12:37 - Nov 1 with 935 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 11:56 - Nov 1 by Catullus

I thought Roberts was great yesterday, he stopped the histrionics, he didn't go fown easy once, looking for a foul. He got on with it, got up quickly and carried on. As a result he made some important challenges and he was fantastic going forward too.

Guehi, is he Kevin Austin reborn, he's solid as a rock and he gets crosses in too.

Dhanda, is it because we are physically stronger across the pitch that he now does better? I felt we were pushed around a bit too easily at times last season but this season we are bigger, stronger and up for it. With that protection maybe teams don't try and bully us and Dhanda is benefitting? Was it Palmer last game who got in a revenge tackle, sending the message not to mess with us?

Cabango, not just a tower of strength at the back but also developing an eye for goal.

At the moment our biggest concern seems to be what do we do if Ayew gets injured. Right now it's easy to be confident, we look good.

Firstly , and absolutely no disrespect to Kev but if he was around he’d be saying a more suitable comparison would be with a Bobby Moore type of player. Guehi even got a cross in against Stoke!

He will go on and play for England many times. A superb player.

As for Ayew - his fitness is unbelievable. It would take a leg breaker to put him in the sidelines and if that happens we could replace him in January. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen eh!

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 12:42 - Nov 1 with 930 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 10:03 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

I do have some concerns if we lose Ayew for any significant length of time. Even in games where he's not having much of an impact he's still capable of popping up with something, and the importance of his presence on the pitch as a leader can't be overestimated.

Defensively we seem pretty solid regardless of who is in there, and our midfield looks a look tougher now we aren't reliant on the Grimes/Byers combo. Like you said, we've got good depth at WB too.

Just those slight issues in the final third, and they may become lesser as Lowe & Gyokeres settle into the team more. Added bonus is the sale of Rodon has probably put us into the position where if we needed someone else in January we might be able to make a move, whereas most others will probably be desperate to slash costs.

Cooper needs to understand how much better the game went yesterday because Grimes wasn't slowing down much of what we did, and because we didn't start taking our foot off the pedal after half time. We're a better team going forward, and it's time he realised it.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 10:07]

Agreed Doc. Although I think a nasty tackle will do for Ayew more than a strain etc etc. January would be a key time for us if that were to happen.

As for our options up front a Brewster figure would guarantee promotion but I have great faith in Lowe. He’s capable of changing his game to a more central role - perhaps Routs could give him the believe he needs. He’s clearly still mainly in provider mode and just needs a more selfish streak to really start banging them in. His strength and athleticism have transformed us too , not so noticeable perhaps in the early days but I’m sure his influence will get more prevalent as the season wears on.

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 13:29 - Nov 1 with 881 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 12:42 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed Doc. Although I think a nasty tackle will do for Ayew more than a strain etc etc. January would be a key time for us if that were to happen.

As for our options up front a Brewster figure would guarantee promotion but I have great faith in Lowe. He’s capable of changing his game to a more central role - perhaps Routs could give him the believe he needs. He’s clearly still mainly in provider mode and just needs a more selfish streak to really start banging them in. His strength and athleticism have transformed us too , not so noticeable perhaps in the early days but I’m sure his influence will get more prevalent as the season wears on.

Lowe certainly isn't a natural born goalscorer it's true. A bit of confidence and a run of goals may see to that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 14:41 - Nov 1 with 838 viewsNotLoyal

Lowe was off the pace yesterday, time for a rest.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 15:14 - Nov 1 with 806 viewsMartinSwan

Actually you have identified the one position where we dont have adequate cover - Connor.

Kyle is excellent at FB or CB. He's not a WB and Manning is left footed and has only played as a Left WB or left/centre midfield. He's never played as a RWB.

We have strength in the squad now and SC is starting to cycle players into the team, to avoid fatigue and injury, whereas most teams arent. A sensible move from SC

However despite Connor's athleticism he can still get injured, so we really do need cover there, unless SC has the thought of developing Latibeaudiere into a WB but I see him as cover for Marc Guehi currently.
Steve Cooper delighted post match on 15:37 - Nov 1 with 789 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 15:14 - Nov 1 by MartinSwan

Actually you have identified the one position where we dont have adequate cover - Connor.

Kyle is excellent at FB or CB. He's not a WB and Manning is left footed and has only played as a Left WB or left/centre midfield. He's never played as a RWB.

We have strength in the squad now and SC is starting to cycle players into the team, to avoid fatigue and injury, whereas most teams arent. A sensible move from SC

However despite Connor's athleticism he can still get injured, so we really do need cover there, unless SC has the thought of developing Latibeaudiere into a WB but I see him as cover for Marc Guehi currently.

Just because Manning isn’t right footed doesn’t necessarily rule him out of being able to play RWB. You’re right about Naughton not being a natural WB though

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 16:28 - Nov 1 with 760 viewsswancity

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 15:37 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Just because Manning isn’t right footed doesn’t necessarily rule him out of being able to play RWB. You’re right about Naughton not being a natural WB though

There’s as much as chance of seeing Dzemal Hadziabdic playing left wing back for us this season as Manning.

It simply won’t happen.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 16:29 - Nov 1 with 759 viewsswancity

Right wing back even 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 17:27 - Nov 1 with 720 viewsonehunglow

Steve did well yesterday

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 19:48 - Nov 1 with 665 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 09:36 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

Yes brynnie it's starting to come together and its coincides with the players coming in from rodons sale.

It's a damn shame that mgw is injured as we would be better in the attacking department.

Surely it coincided with the change in formation. Better form was evident fater the first lockdown resumption. Bidwell and Roberts putting in great performances and Celina out the door.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 20:09 - Nov 1 with 651 viewsNotLoyal

Proof if it were ever needed that a coach needs time and support.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 20:20 - Nov 1 with 643 viewsFireboy2

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 19:48 - Nov 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Surely it coincided with the change in formation. Better form was evident fater the first lockdown resumption. Bidwell and Roberts putting in great performances and Celina out the door.

Yes it did get slightly better since he used wing backs but we lost our only game and drew two, since our new players have appeared (stoke and blackburn) our performances have gone remarkably better.
Steve Cooper delighted post match on 20:42 - Nov 1 with 634 viewsBoundy

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 15:37 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Agree some of the worlds present and past players played on the opposite side of the pitch , I'm certainly not comparing our lot to the likes of Messi,Arjen Robben and dare I say it Bellamy (not in the same league I know) . It wouldn't be ideal as the temptation would be to cut back inside losing width but many left footers play on the right and vice versa , whether Manning for example could play there is another matter

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 20:51 - Nov 1 with 629 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 20:20 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

Yes it did get slightly better since he used wing backs but we lost our only game and drew two, since our new players have appeared (stoke and blackburn) our performances have gone remarkably better.

Let's be honest, the entertainment on show has still quite often been pretty rank regardless of the formation change. The people cheering the dull, tepid football we've played just because of the accumulation of points sound a lot like those who were whooping it up during Garry Monk's first full season, and look how that turned out.

The last two games have been a bit more encouraging in terms of getting the team to employ a style of play that's actually worth watching rather than the tedious grind that has been the trademark for most of his tenure. Here's hoping Cooper has finally turned a corner and this is what we can look forward to from here on in, because that will pay dividends in the long run.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 20:58]

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 21:15 - Nov 1 with 620 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 20:51 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

Let's be honest, the entertainment on show has still quite often been pretty rank regardless of the formation change. The people cheering the dull, tepid football we've played just because of the accumulation of points sound a lot like those who were whooping it up during Garry Monk's first full season, and look how that turned out.

The last two games have been a bit more encouraging in terms of getting the team to employ a style of play that's actually worth watching rather than the tedious grind that has been the trademark for most of his tenure. Here's hoping Cooper has finally turned a corner and this is what we can look forward to from here on in, because that will pay dividends in the long run.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 20:58]

I think the combination of having some real experience and quality has really helped. The two Ryan’s were a massive coup and Kasey Palmer looks like he’s willing to die for the club on the pitch.
The extra backbone we’ve acquired may just do it for us this time.

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 21:57 - Nov 1 with 605 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 21:15 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I think the combination of having some real experience and quality has really helped. The two Ryan’s were a massive coup and Kasey Palmer looks like he’s willing to die for the club on the pitch.
The extra backbone we’ve acquired may just do it for us this time.

I'd agree with that, youth is great but teams still need leaders.

PS, the Kevin Austin comparison was purely for the "solid as a rock" part because Guehi does look a better footballer with loads of potential.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 10:17 - Nov 2 with 539 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper delighted post match on 21:57 - Nov 1 by Catullus

I'd agree with that, youth is great but teams still need leaders.

PS, the Kevin Austin comparison was purely for the "solid as a rock" part because Guehi does look a better footballer with loads of potential.

Bennett is just that he will be a very good player for us.

We do have more backbone for sure and that is pretty significant.

Steve definately had the team in a more positive mindset .

HUGE games coming up. A real test for us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024