Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion 17:42 - Apr 8 with 1243 viewsReslovenSwan1

Leeds Utd have shown a massive loss from their promotion season. Swansea simply cannot go down this route. They have a benefactor in the San Francisco 49er s who are much bigger than DC United I would think.

https://theathletic.com/news/leeds-united-accounts-loss/CoKlT1ZDPvJu

Wise sage since Toshack era

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 20:45 - Apr 8 with 1169 viewsBillyChong

£20m of that was down to promotion bonuses. Add the Sky sports rebate £5M+ and other COVID costs. Take those away and their losses were similar to 2019. Risky strategy but find themselves top half of the premier league and will probably cut their losses over a season.
The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 20:50 - Apr 8 with 1168 viewsGeoffThom

Leeds have been well skint for years just look at the deal they tried for James, its all historic debt
The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 21:02 - Apr 8 with 1160 viewsCatullus

The cost of buying your way into the EPL and then buying survival can destroy a club, it happened to Leeds once already and look how long it took them to get back. Have they learned their lesson?

The EPl is a poisoned chalice for all but the truly big clubs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 22:14 - Apr 8 with 1117 viewsReslovenSwan1

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 20:45 - Apr 8 by BillyChong

£20m of that was down to promotion bonuses. Add the Sky sports rebate £5M+ and other COVID costs. Take those away and their losses were similar to 2019. Risky strategy but find themselves top half of the premier league and will probably cut their losses over a season.

When the great Argentinain walks they could be in big trouble. They will also have to negiociate the dreaded second season. Swansea lost their messiah and brought in fresh impetus wth Laudrup. Sheff utd stuck with the legendary Wilder and spent some money but were still sunk in season 2.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 22:36 - Apr 8 with 1094 viewsbuilthjack

Brighton £279m in debt
Bournemouth and Watford £95m in debt
And so on

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 22:43 - Apr 8 with 1089 viewsNotLoyal

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 22:36 - Apr 8 by builthjack

Brighton £279m in debt
And so on

And Swansea in debt to their support.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 11:41 - Apr 9 with 1025 viewsCatullus

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 22:36 - Apr 8 by builthjack

Brighton £279m in debt
And so on

Stoke owe the Coates family over 170 million,

https://oddschanger.com/sports-news/clubs-with-the-largest-debts-in-english-foot

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-deloitt

It's not just British clubs,

https://acefootball.com/football-news/football-clubs-debt-2020/

and that doesn't even mention Barcelona,

https://www.football-espana.net/2021/01/25/barcelona-on-the-verge-of-bankruptcy-

The question has to be, when a club like Barcelona is in that much debt doesn't it prove beyond doubt top footballers get paid too much. People say it's market forces but in a normal business the doors would shut and the business would disappear, after bankruptcy the owners would also face legal sanctions. Why are football clubs treated differently. why can a football owner take a club to the verge of bankruptcy then move on and ruin other clubs?
Leeds United, most of us will well remember Ridsdale. Many of us will remember Doug Sharpe and Tony Petty too.
Lets not leave Cardiff out eh,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51737846

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 13:00 - Apr 9 with 989 viewswhiterock

Sheffield United will come down in debt, Norwich will go up with debt (and come down after a season or two with debt), it certainly is a poisoned chalice, the secret IMO is to try to get up with a philosophy, spend wisely, hope your style and playing system keeps you there but don't throw the kitchen sink trying to avoid relegation.
Login to get fewer ads

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 13:12 - Apr 9 with 976 viewsNotLoyal

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 11:41 - Apr 9 by Catullus

Stoke owe the Coates family over 170 million,

https://oddschanger.com/sports-news/clubs-with-the-largest-debts-in-english-foot

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-deloitt

It's not just British clubs,

https://acefootball.com/football-news/football-clubs-debt-2020/

and that doesn't even mention Barcelona,

https://www.football-espana.net/2021/01/25/barcelona-on-the-verge-of-bankruptcy-

The question has to be, when a club like Barcelona is in that much debt doesn't it prove beyond doubt top footballers get paid too much. People say it's market forces but in a normal business the doors would shut and the business would disappear, after bankruptcy the owners would also face legal sanctions. Why are football clubs treated differently. why can a football owner take a club to the verge of bankruptcy then move on and ruin other clubs?
Leeds United, most of us will well remember Ridsdale. Many of us will remember Doug Sharpe and Tony Petty too.
Lets not leave Cardiff out eh,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51737846

I don't think Sharpe did too much wrong, other than letting Robin think he had a brain.

OK I've changed it.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 13:35 - Apr 9 with 966 viewsCatullus

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 13:12 - Apr 9 by NotLoyal

I don't think Sharpe did too much wrong, other than letting Robin think he had a brain.

He left Robin in charge. I was working there at the time, Robin is, in my opinion, a complete muppet.

Didn't they find out Mr Sharpe had 500k of SCFC money in his building firms account, or did I dream that?
Doug sold us to Silver Shield, another disaster that led to.....Mike Lewis.....arguably that chain of events was worse by far than the claims made about our current owners.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 13:42 - Apr 9 with 962 viewsKeithHaynes

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 13:35 - Apr 9 by Catullus

He left Robin in charge. I was working there at the time, Robin is, in my opinion, a complete muppet.

Didn't they find out Mr Sharpe had 500k of SCFC money in his building firms account, or did I dream that?
Doug sold us to Silver Shield, another disaster that led to.....Mike Lewis.....arguably that chain of events was worse by far than the claims made about our current owners.

If only people had listened at the time silver shield turned up instead of taking freebies off them for personal gain, tickets, etc. Very thick some of our lot at times.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 14:10 - Apr 9 with 950 viewsCatullus

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 13:42 - Apr 9 by KeithHaynes

If only people had listened at the time silver shield turned up instead of taking freebies off them for personal gain, tickets, etc. Very thick some of our lot at times.

I'm quite thick a lot of the time but some things aseemobvious even to me.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 15:30 - Apr 9 with 935 viewsReslovenSwan1

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 14:10 - Apr 9 by Catullus

I'm quite thick a lot of the time but some things aseemobvious even to me.

No one who takes over Swansea is going to come out smelling of roses in the fans eyes. Save the club and then ending up needing security. All the good is forgotten and minor errors highlighted. Its the 'Ngog syndrome',

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 17:30 - Apr 9 with 905 viewsTreforys_Jack

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 15:30 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

No one who takes over Swansea is going to come out smelling of roses in the fans eyes. Save the club and then ending up needing security. All the good is forgotten and minor errors highlighted. Its the 'Ngog syndrome',

Minor errors , ok Leigh 👌
The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 18:10 - Apr 9 with 896 viewsCatullus

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 15:30 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

A minor error is forgetting to fax through transfer details, when you sign a player for huge money on huge wages who isn't fit enough to mow the lawn, that's not minor. When you sell a club under questionable circumstances and it results in threats of a court case, that's not minor.

When those saviours are alleged to have milked the club, contracts handed out to the chosen few, it doesn't matter what the truth is, it's the perception that matters.

Don't bother answering Res, pointless.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 00:21 - Apr 11 with 742 viewsBillyChong

Good win for Leeds today. Cementing their place as a competitive premier league side (as much as I’d annoys). Yet another silly analogy from the OP.
The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 08:23 - Apr 11 with 681 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 00:21 - Apr 11 by BillyChong

Good win for Leeds today. Cementing their place as a competitive premier league side (as much as I’d annoys). Yet another silly analogy from the OP.

Meanwhile Sheffield utd, WBA and Fulham and or Newcastle likely to come down with huge debts. It really is time to stop paying all players twice what they are worth.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 09:03 - Apr 11 with 651 viewsKilkennyjack

Didn’t Mr Nurse buy the £800,000 debt note from Silver Screen for £100,000.

And then call in the full £800,000 from Petty to get rid of him.

We may never see his like again. 🙏🏿

Beware of the Risen People

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 10:29 - Apr 11 with 614 viewsbuilthjack

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 08:23 - Apr 11 by felixstowe_jack

Meanwhile Sheffield utd, WBA and Fulham and or Newcastle likely to come down with huge debts. It really is time to stop paying all players twice what they are worth.

The money being paid to players is crazy. Obscene.
Then you see famine on the telly and begging you to give a fiver a month towards it.
It needs to stop.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 10:32 - Apr 11 with 610 viewsonehunglow

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 10:29 - Apr 11 by builthjack

Then you see famine on the telly and begging you to give a fiver a month towards it.
It needs to stop.

It wont as long as betting companies run sport and TV.
We're all hypocritesas we will (hopefully) be back in stadia shouting love and support for these grotesquely paid and overated chaps.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 11:32 - Apr 11 with 582 viewsKeithHaynes

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 09:03 - Apr 11 by Kilkennyjack

Didn’t Mr Nurse buy the £800,000 debt note from Silver Screen for £100,000.

And then call in the full £800,000 from Petty to get rid of him.

We may never see his like again. 🙏🏿

A lot has been forgotten regards those times.
The film was an exceptional piece of fiction 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 21:03 - Apr 11 with 529 viewsCatullus

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 10:29 - Apr 11 by builthjack

It needs to stop.

Hows this, nobody should be paid more than 10 times the average wage. Lottery jackpots should be capped at 25 million and the money filtered down to lesser prize winners.

It's a bit left wing again...and my protagonist is no longer here to see my left wing leanings coming out...but we have to encourage the redistribution of wealth.

Leeds may not suffer the problems relegation brings this year but certainly 3 teams will.

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 22:09 - Apr 11 with 507 viewsNotLoyal

The cost of Leeds Utd Promotion on 21:03 - Apr 11 by Catullus

Hows this, nobody should be paid more than 10 times the average wage. Lottery jackpots should be capped at 25 million and the money filtered down to lesser prize winners.

It's a bit left wing again...and my protagonist is no longer here to see my left wing leanings coming out...but we have to encourage the redistribution of wealth.

Leeds may not suffer the problems relegation brings this year but certainly 3 teams will.

I'm all for the lottery thing that's for sure.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024