Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Automatic promotion. 03:53 - Apr 15 with 1624 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just had a quick look at the remaining fixtures and best case scenario (for us) I see Watford picking up 7 more points before playing us the last day of the season.

Luton (a) 3 points
Norwich (a) 0 points
Millwall (h) 3 points
Brentford (a) 1 point

That would put them on 89 points with a better GD. Meaning we need to hit 90 in reality to overtake.

We are currently on 75 with exactly 15 points to play for.

So in short, I think we need to win every single game including Watford away to have any realistic chance of automatic promotion.

That is one hell of an ask.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Automatic promotion. on 04:56 - Apr 15 with 1591 viewsbuilthjack

We would have to be at our best in every game. Slim chance, but possible.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Automatic promotion. on 21:16 - Apr 15 with 1462 viewslifelong

Luton and Millwall are not easy games for them. If they drop points on Saturday and we win, the pressure will be on.
Automatic promotion. on 21:54 - Apr 15 with 1406 viewsonehunglow

It ain’t gonna happen,prepare for play offs ,

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Automatic promotion. on 12:08 - Apr 17 with 1216 viewsKeithHaynes

Automatic promotion. on 21:54 - Apr 15 by onehunglow

It ain’t gonna happen,prepare for play offs ,

It’s on trust me 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Automatic promotion. on 14:36 - Apr 17 with 1169 viewsDr_Parnassus

Well the first of these games down.

We gain 1 point in the hunt, 1 point ahead of what I expected in the OP.

We are now 6 points behind them with a worse GD.

We need to gain 4 points on Watford in the next 3 games. If we do then we go into the last game of the season with them, with promotion in our hands (assuming Brentford don’t win all their games).

Automatic promotion. on 14:45 - Apr 17 with 1150 viewsReslovenSwan1

Automatic promotion. on 14:36 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

We need to gain 4 points on Watford in the next 3 games. If we do then we go into the last game of the season with them, with promotion in our hands (assuming Brentford don’t win all their games).

Nerves and tension will now take a hold. It is definately do-able. Swansea have a decent record at Watford. Even Narsingh managed to get a winner there. His only realy noticeable contribution.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Automatic promotion. on 14:48 - Apr 17 with 1142 viewsjack247

Have to agree with this. Unless we’re concerned about being caught by Barnsley or Bournemouth and losing home advantage, which wouldn’t bother me much. As much as this was a huge wasted opportunity, it’s still a point gained on Watford and nothing lost to Brentford in our 3 team mini league.
Automatic promotion. on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 1140 viewsThornburyswan

Gained 1 point but missed the chance to gain a further 2 plus probably more crucially with today’s results confirming Norwich’s promotion not sure how focused they will be for Tuesday night & the Watford game.
Login to get fewer ads

Automatic promotion. on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 1140 viewsDr_Parnassus

Automatic promotion. on 14:45 - Apr 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Nerves and tension will now take a hold. It is definately do-able. Swansea have a decent record at Watford. Even Narsingh managed to get a winner there. His only realy noticeable contribution.

Prior to today’s matches I thought there was almost no realistic chance.

Now I’m thinking there may just be a glimmer.

If we beat QPR (h) next and they lose to Norwich (a), then it’s on. Gap down to 3.

Automatic promotion. on 14:54 - Apr 17 with 1126 viewsDr_Parnassus

Automatic promotion. on 14:49 - Apr 17 by Thornburyswan

Gained 1 point but missed the chance to gain a further 2 plus probably more crucially with today’s results confirming Norwich’s promotion not sure how focused they will be for Tuesday night & the Watford game.

Everyone missed the chance to gain on each other. We all should have won on paper.

But at this stage of the season it probably isn’t realistic to expect no twists and turns, especially with teams fighting to stay up or avoid getting sucked into the mix.

We have to take every game week as it comes and look to gain in every one we can. This week I can’t imagine too many thought we would gain, and we have.

That’s a positive for me. I’d take this over two 2-0 wins for us both, which is what many would have been expecting.

Automatic promotion. on 15:07 - Apr 17 with 1113 views34dfgdf54

Goal difference for me is the killer now.
Automatic promotion. on 15:15 - Apr 17 with 1107 viewsAndyCole

Automatic promotion. on 14:54 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Everyone missed the chance to gain on each other. We all should have won on paper.

But at this stage of the season it probably isn’t realistic to expect no twists and turns, especially with teams fighting to stay up or avoid getting sucked into the mix.

We have to take every game week as it comes and look to gain in every one we can. This week I can’t imagine too many thought we would gain, and we have.

That’s a positive for me. I’d take this over two 2-0 wins for us both, which is what many would have been expecting.

Today was a bigger positive than many would like to admit.

We regained momentum after the initial complacency post 2 massive away wins.

Momentum is absolutely with us, and not with Watford.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Automatic promotion. on 16:03 - Apr 17 with 1067 viewsjack247

Automatic promotion. on 14:49 - Apr 17 by Thornburyswan

They’ll want to be champions
Automatic promotion. on 16:08 - Apr 17 with 1061 viewsThornburyswan

Automatic promotion. on 15:15 - Apr 17 by AndyCole

Today was a bigger positive than many would like to admit.

We regained momentum after the initial complacency post 2 massive away wins.

Momentum is absolutely with us, and not with Watford.

Love your positivity AC but disagree on today being a positive, it was most certainly an opportunity missed but do agree that it looked a lot worse both on & off the pitch at 0-2 & Watford level so we got out of jail in that last 15 minutes.

With Norwich now up suspect the intensity in their games both tonight vs Bournemouth & on Tuesday vs Watford will drop & they may even flex the starting teams. That said if we beat QPR on Tuesday night then it will be interesting to watch the other results come in before we play again on the 25th at Reading.
Automatic promotion. on 17:05 - Apr 17 with 1017 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I had Watford to draw their derby match at Luton and us to win.

We're a point worse off than my expectations this morning. It was an opportunity missed.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Automatic promotion. on 17:10 - Apr 17 with 1005 viewstrampie

Automatic promotion. on 17:05 - Apr 17 by Joe_bradshaw

We're a point worse off than my expectations this morning. It was an opportunity missed.

Exactly I had it the same as you, opportunity missed.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Automatic promotion. on 20:12 - Apr 17 with 906 viewsjack247

Automatic promotion. on 17:05 - Apr 17 by Joe_bradshaw

I had us both to win. Watford had won 7 out of their last 8 and people were predicting mid table Luton would get a result simply because it was a derby. We’re a point closer than I expected us to be, but at the same time, it’s a point gained when it really should have been three.
Automatic promotion. on 21:44 - Apr 17 with 827 viewsThornburyswan

Automatic promotion. on 16:03 - Apr 17 by jack247

They’ll want to be champions

They can be champions but don’t expect them to beat Bournemouth or Watford.
Automatic promotion. on 22:03 - Apr 17 with 801 viewsOldjack

We got ourselves in a position that It was in our hands to get automatic promotion ,Cooper fuked it up bigstyle,we had a decent second chance to overtake the hornets,Cooper fuked it up again, now it's the lottery game left ,I've got no faith in this governor ,he just keeps on fuking things up ,he's has weird footballing brain

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Automatic promotion. on 22:37 - Apr 17 with 767 viewsFireboy2

Automatic promotion. on 21:44 - Apr 17 by Thornburyswan

They can be champions but don’t expect them to beat Bournemouth or Watford.

After losing tonight I suspect they will be trying their best to beat watford and I think they will have good chance with 11 players on the pitch.
Automatic promotion. on 07:59 - Apr 18 with 639 viewspencoedjack

Automatic promotion. on 14:49 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Prior to today’s matches I thought there was almost no realistic chance.

Now I’m thinking there may just be a glimmer.

If we beat QPR (h) next and they lose to Norwich (a), then it’s on. Gap down to 3.

The exact opposite from me after today I feel the chance has gone.

I said in another thread I thought Luton would beat Watford (derby game) & we’d be 4 points behind Watford come Saturday evening.

No way we are making up 7 points (if you include goal difference).
Automatic promotion. on 08:23 - Apr 18 with 614 viewsjack247

Automatic promotion. on 07:59 - Apr 18 by pencoedjack

The exact opposite from me after today I feel the chance has gone.

I said in another thread I thought Luton would beat Watford (derby game) & we’d be 4 points behind Watford come Saturday evening.

No way we are making up 7 points (if you include goal difference).

Realistically, we’d need them to draw with Brentford and either draw with or lose to Norwich. If we’re honest, both of those scenarios are more plausible than them not beating Luton. Derby games without the fans are just games IMO.

The other side of that coin is we’d have to win three on the spin and then beat them away, which isn’t happening if we don’t improve massively on yesterday.

Part of me wants to rest a few key players and give the likes of Cullen, Cooper, Latabaudiere, even Cabango when he’s back in the squad some game time. Part of me wants to go flat out and hope Watford stumble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024