Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. 08:02 - May 12 with 836 viewsSwans9

7 wins and 5 draws the last defeat was in 2006 when we should of won in the play off final in league 1 and they won on pens.
We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 08:15 - May 12 with 817 viewsNotLoyal

Barnsley v Swansea City Play Off Matchday Thread (1) AFTERMATH by NotLoyal 10 May 2021 18:44
It’s the first leg of the Championship play offs, that’s the semi final, before the final, two games though, when the goals are all added up it means the winners go through to another game. After that game they could become losers. The Duckworth Lewis method won’t be used in any of these games even though Dicky the bird is from Barnsley.

https://cdn.realsport101.com/images/ncavvykf/realsport-production/0aae89461a74d1c997a0a2800047cd6931b1abcb-1280x720.png

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/siteassets/image/2019-20-season/previews/swanseahome.jpg

Barnsley v Swansea City
EFL Championship Play Off 1st Leg
Monday 17th May 2021
Kick off 8.15pm UK time
Oakwell Stadium

FULL COVERAGE LIVE ON SKY

Match Officials
Tony Harrington ( who always books players, and we mean in every game he and officiated this season ) began refereeing in the Teesside Junior Football Alliance at the age of 14, having completed a basic refereeing course whilst at school as part of the Duke of Edinburgh award. After four years as an EFL assistant referee and four years as a National League referee, he was appointed to the EFL Referees List in 2012/13 and has now overseen more than 190 EFL matches. Tony is the Grandson of Tommy McGuigan, who is in the Hartlepool United record books for top 10 number of appearances and goals for the club. Harrington will be assisted by Shaun Hudson and Richard Wild whilst Geoff Eltringham is the fourth official.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/sport/article24068236.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/3_GettyImages-1232382155-copy.jpg

The championship play off final by all accounts leads to the saying “ The biggest financial reward in the world of football” Or similar. However, is it ? This isn’t the final, it’s the game before, but not the actual game before it’s the one before the one before. The last time Barnsley beat Swansea City in an actual league game was 1983. Strangely, in the 2006 final of the play offs Barnsley beat Swansea on penalties. That game was played next to the railway station near Leckwith, 36,000 swans fans attended the game that day. It could have been more but that’s the official attendance.

Barnsley’s record v Swansea City
Games won: 24
Games drawn: 15
Games lost: 37

Includes FA Cup, League Cup and Play Off game.

Barnsley ‘Who wooda thunk it” ?
Barnsley have been in two FA Cup finals but never at Wembley. In 1910 they lost to Newcastle, then in 1912 they beat WBA 1-0 after a replay. They have been at Wembley for an FA Cup semi final in 2008, the manager then was ex Swansea City player Simon Davey. They lost the game. In 2000 at Wembley Barnsley lost to Ipswich Town in a play off final and in 2016 Barnsley won the EFL Trophy beating Oxford. Well, “Who wooda thunk it “ ?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Barnsley_st_peters.jpg
Barnsley in 1897 when they were called Barnsley St Peter’s

MORE TO FOLLOW.

https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/GOAL/c/40/championship-play-offs-2020-21_x7x1x71hrnys1vu8zy4c8obsl.jpeg

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55015/barnsley-v-swansea-city-play-off-semi-final-the-real-danger-man-val%C3%A9rien-isma%C3%ABl

It’s Matchday at last, it has been hard to really think other than positively, however, let’s just remember.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/272146/come-on-city!!-good-luck-boys/#17

Change of ref for tonight

https://www.swanseacity.com/sites/default/files/styles/cc_2000x1125/public/2020-01/Geoff%20Eltringham.jpg

Geoff Eltringham has replaced Tony ‘whose coat’ Harrington. David Webb is now fourth official.

https://youtu.be/-NnumCX0IUI

Swansea Independent report at 9am.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55076/cooper-out-thinks-val%C3%A9rien-in-the-play-off-first-leg-tie-at-oakwell

Brief highlights
https://youtu.be/vxb_3kWU7nw

👍
[Post edited 12 May 2021 8:17]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 08:44 - May 12 with 777 viewsvetchonian

Whilst not wishing to be negative these stats are meaningless....we have to focus on the here and now.
This season we have beaten Barnsley both home and away though both teams form has changed since those meetings.
IF we have our right heads on we should be able to get over the line...we just need to get our miserly defence back and then grab a goal or two... Coopers tournament expereince might see us through

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 08:55 - May 12 with 768 viewsonehunglow

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 08:44 - May 12 by vetchonian

Whilst not wishing to be negative these stats are meaningless....we have to focus on the here and now.
This season we have beaten Barnsley both home and away though both teams form has changed since those meetings.
IF we have our right heads on we should be able to get over the line...we just need to get our miserly defence back and then grab a goal or two... Coopers tournament expereince might see us through

Bearing in mind your previous posting,can you have Steve send me a poster of himself and I I'll send him a few photos of us in Cap D'Agde.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 09:01 - May 12 with 762 viewsraynor94

Please correct me if I'm wrong, didn't we do the Double over Barnsley, and lost in the final.

And also Preston and lost in the semi final

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 09:05 - May 12 with 754 viewsonehunglow

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 09:01 - May 12 by raynor94

Please correct me if I'm wrong, didn't we do the Double over Barnsley, and lost in the final.

Don't mention that bluddy play off with Barnsley mun.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 10:07 - May 12 with 742 viewstheloneranger

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 09:01 - May 12 by raynor94

We drew 3-3 away and then beat Preston 5-1 at home, just 3 months before we lost to them in the FA Cup semi final. 😭

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 11:06 - May 12 with 715 viewsKeithHaynes

I do believe we beat Northampton home and away before the Wembley final in 97, all of a sudden these stats come with an aura of predictably.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 13:15 - May 12 with 675 viewsReslovenSwan1

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 11:06 - May 12 by KeithHaynes

I do believe we beat Northampton home and away before the Wembley final in 97, all of a sudden these stats come with an aura of predictably.

These trends count. I do not know why they just do. Swansea love playing QPR and have a decent record against Brentford actually. I do not ever recall them beating Bournemouth. I recal a 2-1 loss in league 1 if I am not mistaken with a very young 17 year old Sam Vokes.

Reading is another Swansea favourite. Cardiff city like playing Leeds. I remember watch final score with Leeds wining 3-0 at Elland Road under Bielsa. I remember thinking Bielsa has smashed the Cardiff curse. Lo and behold Cardiff scored 3 in the last 10 minutes. 3-3.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 17:27 - May 12 with 628 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Losing that Play-Off final was one of the best thing that ever happened to this football club.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 17:37 - May 12 with 621 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 17:27 - May 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Losing that Play-Off final was one of the best thing that ever happened to this football club.

Aye, in under a year Martinez was appointed and changed our style of football for the better.

Incidentally, Martinez has just sold his house. I don’t know whether he’s moving away from Swansea or not but they had it designed and built only a few years ago so it was a surprise to see a “sold” sign go up yesterday. There hadn’t been a “for sale” sign at all.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 17:42 - May 12 with 619 viewsmonmouth

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 08:44 - May 12 by vetchonian

This is NOT Cooper bashing (well ok maybe a bit) but he had the same experience last year and from a tournament play point of view the second leg at Brentford was an utter shambles. (They were better than us which is why it’s not on him and they were always going to do us without luck, but his selection and approach meant the game was pretty much gone in a flash. That’s not tournament nous by a country mile. I think it’s an urban myth on some starlets digging him out of a hole in the U21 final).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 19:37 - May 12 with 572 viewsKeithHaynes

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 17:42 - May 12 by monmouth

This is NOT Cooper bashing (well ok maybe a bit) but he had the same experience last year and from a tournament play point of view the second leg at Brentford was an utter shambles. (They were better than us which is why it’s not on him and they were always going to do us without luck, but his selection and approach meant the game was pretty much gone in a flash. That’s not tournament nous by a country mile. I think it’s an urban myth on some starlets digging him out of a hole in the U21 final).

Do you think we are better this time around ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 20:55 - May 12 with 550 viewsmonmouth

We are unbeaten in the last 12 games v Barnsley. on 19:37 - May 12 by KeithHaynes

Do you think we are better this time around ?

I'd rather not think about that 🤣

No Brewster, but defensively tighter. We'd still need a following wind to beat Muff or West, West Hounslow. Easier in a one off game though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024