Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! 13:50 - Jun 17 with 4377 viewsSwansIndependent

Thomas Henry and Swansea City back in talks 24th Jun 2021 12:02
As we reported two weeks ago it seems Thomas Henry is on the verge of leaving OH Leuven. The Belgian side have excluded him from their recent friendlies, and the manager has stated he believes he will leave this summer. The latest news is he is speaking with Swansea City to attempt to tie up a deal. This is being reported in Belgium by Het Nieuwsblad and we have the story in this article. 2

Latest news with quotes from OHL click above
Subscribe to us on Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:00 - Jun 17 with 2457 views34dfgdf54

What's the highest we would go? £1.5m I reckon.

No chance at all with the figures being spoke about in papers over there.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:01 - Jun 17 with 2448 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:00 - Jun 17 by 34dfgdf54

What's the highest we would go? £1.5m I reckon.

No chance at all with the figures being spoke about in papers over there.

It’s hard to say, but that very much depends on what’s coming in ?
I’m going to stick my neck out and say 3m inc fees and signing on etc.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:15 - Jun 17 with 2409 viewsandypitt56

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:01 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

I would say 1.5m plus add ons if promoted etc, might get closer to 4. I find it unlikely though.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:18 - Jun 17 with 2403 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:01 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

If Grimes is off for 8 million and 3 and sixpence for Cooper then maybe

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:56 - Jun 17 with 2313 viewsKeithHaynes

As David said in the article, expect sales if these deals happen.

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:16 - Jun 17 with 2192 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:56 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

Hearing it could be from the sale of Dhanda 😳

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:23 - Jun 17 with 2172 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:16 - Jun 17 by magicdaps10

If true that would be an amazing bit of business.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:23 - Jun 17 with 2166 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:16 - Jun 17 by magicdaps10

If we get a few million for Dhanda to afford these guys it’s win win win all the way

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:40 - Jun 17 with 2133 viewsjack247

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 14:56 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

Who are we looking at selling? I don’t see three strikers coming in, but if they do, we’ve got Whittaker and Cullen, probably not on huge bucks and not yet enough exposure to command a decent fee.

Dhanda I could understand. He flatters to deceive, but there will always be a market for players like that. Possibly Lowe?
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:44 - Jun 17 with 2122 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:23 - Jun 17 by Brynmill_Jack

If we get a few million for Dhanda to afford these guys it’s win win win all the way

Would bite their hand off for a few hundred thousand and a decent future fee clause.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:57 - Jun 17 with 2087 viewsBadlands

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:23 - Jun 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Connor Roberts is getting quite a few mentions after the Euro performances.
Given his age and desire to lay PL Football I see him as our main transfer out target

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:59 - Jun 17 with 2084 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:40 - Jun 17 by jack247

Who are we looking at selling? I don’t see three strikers coming in, but if they do, we’ve got Whittaker and Cullen, probably not on huge bucks and not yet enough exposure to command a decent fee.

Dhanda I could understand. He flatters to deceive, but there will always be a market for players like that. Possibly Lowe?

You can have all the strikers you like but creativity in the midfield is currently lacking. Sales are inevitable the way we are moving.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 17:05 - Jun 17 with 2075 viewsBadlands

Connor Roberts is getting quite a few mentions after the Euro performances.
Given his age and desire to lay PL Football I see him as our main transfer out target

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 17:43 - Jun 17 with 2020 views34dfgdf54

There’s a picture on Facebook of Cooper, a few guys and a fella who does look similar to Henry but it’s from a distance.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:04 - Jun 17 with 1964 viewsjack247

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:59 - Jun 17 by dobjack2

You can have all the strikers you like but creativity in the midfield is currently lacking. Sales are inevitable the way we are moving.

Absolutely agree. What I was getting at was if we bring three strikers in, we’re going to be overloaded up front.

I can’t see us wanting to sell Cullen or Whittaker as their value is likely to increase substantially if they have a decent season in and around the first team, so we’d probably look to offload other striking options. Lowe may fit the bill, I’d guess we’d get 5 times what we paid for him.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:13 - Jun 17 with 1932 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:40 - Jun 17 by jack247

Grimes most certainly.
Roberts as has been said, but I’m certain he would love to stay.
Good point re Cullen and Whittaker, I can see the latter going out on loan.
We have Jospeh as well.

What would Lowe be worth ?
4 million ?

I think we need four good strikers to mount a proper challenge this season, Henry and Piroe would be fantastic, theres the guy at Millwall too, I think we have to realise that Andy Scott is lining up his ducks ready for us to push forwards, not waiting around until Cooper is either wanted or not, or as we used to do miss out because we are busy thinking about it.

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:28 - Jun 17 with 1899 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:13 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

Grimes most certainly.
Roberts as has been said, but I’m certain he would love to stay.
Good point re Cullen and Whittaker, I can see the latter going out on loan.
We have Jospeh as well.

What would Lowe be worth ?
4 million ?

I think we need four good strikers to mount a proper challenge this season, Henry and Piroe would be fantastic, theres the guy at Millwall too, I think we have to realise that Andy Scott is lining up his ducks ready for us to push forwards, not waiting around until Cooper is either wanted or not, or as we used to do miss out because we are busy thinking about it.

Makes you wonder why we offered Routledge a contract, clearly not in the plans. Cullen, Whittaker and Garrick will need their agents working to find them somewhere to play football next season, all given contracts within the last 6 months.

3 potential new signings (plus 1 already made) in their positions is quite a statement.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:30 - Jun 17 with 1885 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 16:44 - Jun 17 by jasper_T

Would bite their hand off for a few hundred thousand and a decent future fee clause.

I would take a dozen Vetch pasties for him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:31 - Jun 17 with 1882 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:28 - Jun 17 by jasper_T

Makes you wonder why we offered Routledge a contract, clearly not in the plans. Cullen, Whittaker and Garrick will need their agents working to find them somewhere to play football next season, all given contracts within the last 6 months.

3 potential new signings (plus 1 already made) in their positions is quite a statement.

Why we offered both he and Dyer FOUR year extended contracts was staggering too.

It smells of sentimentality .

If these signings come off Routledge will not even trouble the bench and rightly so.

Im assuming he will eventually have a coaching role.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:33 - Jun 17 with 1881 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:28 - Jun 17 by jasper_T

Could well be to get him through his badges and then retain him as a coach at a far more sensible salary than getting a new one in ? It’s my only thought as he won’t be playing next season, he had two very bad injuries last time around. I’m unsure how intelligent Routs is in delivery of coaching and training or if he wants to, just speculating.,

And I agree regards the current state of play, theres clearly more to come too, it’s all not very Swansea City for so early in the season.

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:38 - Jun 17 with 1871 viewsjack247

I’ve always defended Routledge on here, but a new contract when he’s 36 and has an injury that will probably keep him out for half the season seems a strange move.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 20:18 - Jun 17 with 1740 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:33 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

Could well be to get him through his badges and then retain him as a coach at a far more sensible salary than getting a new one in ? It’s my only thought as he won’t be playing next season, he had two very bad injuries last time around. I’m unsure how intelligent Routs is in delivery of coaching and training or if he wants to, just speculating.,

And I agree regards the current state of play, theres clearly more to come too, it’s all not very Swansea City for so early in the season.

Not sure how extending Routledge's playing contract a few years so he can start his badges can work out cheaper than the £25k/annum we've been offering recently for qualified academy coaches. Can only make financial sense if we see value in him as a player.

As a Cat 2 academy we're not allowed to drop a completely unqualified coach in with the kids any more, the EPPP has requirements for coaching education, and it was a stated aim to get more players retiring with age group or UEFA B licences already in hand to smooth their transition from playing to coaching.

The FAW have been roping a lot of the older internationals into the courses for a while, so Ashley Williams, Neil Taylor etc. have their A licences done already. Routledge starting from scratch at 36 is a fair way behind the curve.
Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 23:31 - Jun 17 with 1567 viewsDJack

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 18:33 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

Player manager

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 10:37 - Jun 18 with 1372 viewsCatullus

Maybe our owners have learned a few lessons from last season?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 12:31 - Jun 18 with 1275 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City interest in Thomas Henry continues with huge bid ! on 20:18 - Jun 17 by jasper_T

Not sure how extending Routledge's playing contract a few years so he can start his badges can work out cheaper than the £25k/annum we've been offering recently for qualified academy coaches. Can only make financial sense if we see value in him as a player.

As a Cat 2 academy we're not allowed to drop a completely unqualified coach in with the kids any more, the EPPP has requirements for coaching education, and it was a stated aim to get more players retiring with age group or UEFA B licences already in hand to smooth their transition from playing to coaching.

The FAW have been roping a lot of the older internationals into the courses for a while, so Ashley Williams, Neil Taylor etc. have their A licences done already. Routledge starting from scratch at 36 is a fair way behind the curve.

Are we just being sentimental ?
Can’t be right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024