Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today 09:55 - Jul 28 with 1866 viewsKeithHaynes

He wants to hear what they have to say, this is confirmed 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 09:57 - Jul 28 with 1838 viewsonehunglow

Off ya go George

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 1809 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 10:10 - Jul 28 with 1727 viewsonehunglow

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 10:01 - Jul 28 by KeithHaynes

Hardly one we'll miss,Keith.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 11:19 - Jul 28 with 1584 viewsBoundy

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 10:10 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

Hardly one we'll miss,Keith.

Never know what you had till its gone , never really had a run of games and the ones he played in he didn't really shine

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 11:25 - Jul 28 with 1566 viewsWhiterockin

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 11:19 - Jul 28 by Boundy

Never know what you had till its gone , never really had a run of games and the ones he played in he didn't really shine

I would have thought he would have waited for the new manager to come in.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 12:04 - Jul 28 with 1453 viewsjasper_T

Was a regular starter in our best run of form under Potter. Couldn't add Cooper's "non-negotiables" to his game. Should do well in League One if allowed to play his game, getting forward and creating and scoring goals. Never going to be a grafting, disciplined midfielder.
George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 12:43 - Jul 28 with 1351 viewsswan65split

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 11:25 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

I am more concerned the club letting him or allowing him to go as we are manageress, and look like losing grimes.
George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 12:52 - Jul 28 with 1301 viewsjack247

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 11:25 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

Agree with this
Login to get fewer ads

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 12:53 - Jul 28 with 1299 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He did go - to Portsmouth last season on loan. Didn’t set league 1 on fire

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 12:57 - Jul 28 with 1281 viewsItchySphincter

Another good player, capable of making a difference. Should have played more when fit.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 12:59 - Jul 28 with 1270 viewsBrynmill_Jack

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 12:57 - Jul 28 by ItchySphincter

Another good player, capable of making a difference. Should have played more when fit.

I’d liken him to a League one second rate Hourihane - muss less talent and similar motivation

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 13:47 - Jul 28 with 1133 viewsReslovenSwan1

Are Swansea interested in Bannan still? Clearly bit of financial accounting to be done and Byers and Bannan are exchanged Swansea would have to chip in some money for Byers Wages .

Bannan £1.0m - Byers 0.5m = 0.5m £500 k to help with the wages over 2 years. £1m. (£5 k a week).

Bingo. An upgrade for Swansea and a long term good league 1 player for Wednesday.

Wise sage since Toshack era

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 15:28 - Jul 28 with 1003 viewsItchySphincter

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 12:59 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I’d liken him to a League one second rate Hourihane - muss less talent and similar motivation

He's better than L1. I know people will cite Pompey as a reason that he's not but he was coming back from injury and lack of game time in Cooper's stifling system. Comfortable as an advanced MF in an attacking side. He'll do well once he kicks on.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 15:54 - Jul 28 with 951 viewsDr_Winston

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 15:28 - Jul 28 by ItchySphincter

He's better than L1. I know people will cite Pompey as a reason that he's not but he was coming back from injury and lack of game time in Cooper's stifling system. Comfortable as an advanced MF in an attacking side. He'll do well once he kicks on.

There may be a player there but if there is he's buried deep. Can't pass, can't tackle. Can't dribble. Can shoot a bit.

Maybe a move away and some regular football will help him kick on a bit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 16:12 - Jul 28 with 909 views3swan

Depends how he views things. Wait to see if the new manager rates him and maybe end up U23 games until January and miss his chance of a transfer. Take a chance with a team that want him now. I'm sure contract details may sway his decision.
George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 16:17 - Jul 28 with 886 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 15:54 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

There may be a player there but if there is he's buried deep. Can't pass, can't tackle. Can't dribble. Can shoot a bit.

Maybe a move away and some regular football will help him kick on a bit.

He can certainly dribble. I'd argue his biggest quality is how he can turn quickly and accelerate through opposition lines, similar to what Renato Sanches does (albeit not as frequently and not as successfully).

You can be sure we wont be able to replace George Byers with an equal or better player with the money we'll receive from his sale. This is disappointing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 16:23 - Jul 28 with 865 viewsjasper_T

George Byers talking to Sheffield Wednesday today on 16:12 - Jul 28 by 3swan

Depends how he views things. Wait to see if the new manager rates him and maybe end up U23 games until January and miss his chance of a transfer. Take a chance with a team that want him now. I'm sure contract details may sway his decision.

He's 25 now. It's time to move somewhere he knows he's wanted rather than another season of keeping his fingers crossed it'll happen here. Potter showed faith (eventually) but for 4.5 of his 5 years here he's been surplus or on the fringes - even going back to that Notts County cup game where Adnan Maric somehow got the nod over him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024