Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough 02:48 - Feb 6 with 2217 viewsKeithHaynes

Benda most certainly made sure his side progressed in the fa cup v QPR.

Any thoughts on Fisher so far after two games ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 06:33 - Feb 6 with 1504 viewsjackal

Had a good game yesterday.

Distribution was good and was safe in his handling and some good saves.
Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 08:23 - Feb 6 with 1434 viewsSTID2017

I have to say his distribution was better but not convinced he commands the area or is a good shot stopper.
Could have gifted a goal on Tuesday and yesterday although part of the risky game we are playing.
Thought he did very well after the sending off slowing it down and trying to take the sting out of the game

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 08:30 - Feb 6 with 1435 viewsThornburyswan

Jury still out for me, generally played ok yesterday but still needs to convince me on pushing saves back into dangerous areas & speed of distribution - still too slow too often.

Also his floated attempted pass to Manning created the opportunity for the Blackburn lad to get there at the same time as Manning’s raised boot - bit of a hospital pass for me.
Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 08:35 - Feb 6 with 1423 viewsbuilthjack

Good and bad. Prone to a mistake. Got a bit of Dracula in him with crosses.
But good positioning and his distribution is decent.
Will get better with games.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 08:45 - Feb 6 with 1404 viewsSTID2017

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 08:35 - Feb 6 by builthjack

Good and bad. Prone to a mistake. Got a bit of Dracula in him with crosses.
But good positioning and his distribution is decent.
Will get better with games.

Sure he will improve once he gets up to speed with the game at our level

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 08:56 - Feb 6 with 1393 viewshobo

Decent. Him and Benda will have a good fight for the jersey over the next couple of seasons
Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 10:12 - Feb 6 with 1323 viewsonehunglow

Hardly much better than Benda or Hamer and that money could have gone on player we need in other areas.
He is certainly well into the Russy school of stroking balls short into areas of trouble,as all commentators seem to point out.
We have missed a trick with Benda

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 10:13 - Feb 6 with 1323 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Brenda is, of course, our player. He may well come good.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 10:20 - Feb 6 with 1304 viewsDr_Winston

I doubt Benda has much of a future here sadly. Doesn't seem to be RM's cup of tea at all.

Fisher did OK. Not easy for a new keeper under most circumstances. With a defence as disrupted as ours has been the last two games even more so. I wish we'd cut out the stupid short goal kicks, but that's not his fault. That comes from management.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 10:22 - Feb 6 with 1301 viewsWhiterockin

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 10:12 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

Hardly much better than Benda or Hamer and that money could have gone on player we need in other areas.
He is certainly well into the Russy school of stroking balls short into areas of trouble,as all commentators seem to point out.
We have missed a trick with Benda

I expect it to be between Benda and Fisher for the top slot next season. Hopefully Benda will have cut out the silly errors by then. Its not easy for a keeper to play the way RM wants so it the one who will fit the system the best.

As for Fisher at the moment. Too early to say in my opinion, he has made some good saves and some mistakes. His positioning seems a bit off to me, but I am no keeper expert. Early on yesterday Blackburn seemed to be crowding the keeper and backed off after giving away fouls. Good keeping or luck?
Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 10:24 - Feb 6 with 1301 viewsonehunglow

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 10:22 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

I expect it to be between Benda and Fisher for the top slot next season. Hopefully Benda will have cut out the silly errors by then. Its not easy for a keeper to play the way RM wants so it the one who will fit the system the best.

As for Fisher at the moment. Too early to say in my opinion, he has made some good saves and some mistakes. His positioning seems a bit off to me, but I am no keeper expert. Early on yesterday Blackburn seemed to be crowding the keeper and backed off after giving away fouls. Good keeping or luck?

Good riposte .
I like Benda as he has a more physical presence

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 10:54 - Feb 6 with 1267 viewsYouBackJastard

I don’t have much faith left in Benda, he had a horrorshow with on his first two starts with his new club. Glad to hear he finally kept a clean sheet. Really hope he can reach his potential one day, showed so much promise at Swindon.

I like Fisher but I need to see more before making a real judgement. Think his price tag hasn’t helped him at all given the O’Riley situation, but what I saw yesterday gave me much more confidence in his abilities
Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 11:46 - Feb 6 with 1201 viewsmax936

Nobody it seems likes Hamer then, seeing has is name is not being mentioned?

I like him as he's great at dealing with crosses and commands his area, which helps his defenders, yes he's got mistakes in, but so has Fisher and Benda, Hamer has a presence as well with his size.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 11:58 - Feb 6 with 1181 viewsSTID2017

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 11:46 - Feb 6 by max936

Nobody it seems likes Hamer then, seeing has is name is not being mentioned?

I like him as he's great at dealing with crosses and commands his area, which helps his defenders, yes he's got mistakes in, but so has Fisher and Benda, Hamer has a presence as well with his size.

I felt Hamer was a lot more commanding in the goal and had he had the defensive line up in front of him we have seen for the last two games, then maybe he would still be the number one keeper

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:22 - Feb 6 with 1154 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 08:56 - Feb 6 by hobo

Decent. Him and Benda will have a good fight for the jersey over the next couple of seasons

Benda is far too talented to be fighting for the No. 1 position at bottom half team in The Championship. If that's what he's doing in two seasons time, then something went very badly wrong.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:27 - Feb 6 with 1127 viewsSTID2017

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:22 - Feb 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Benda is far too talented to be fighting for the No. 1 position at bottom half team in The Championship. If that's what he's doing in two seasons time, then something went very badly wrong.

Here he is,our own little Ray of Manchester sunshine

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:31 - Feb 6 with 1123 viewsBadlands

In truth Fisher did very little yesterday.
A few catches, a couple of tip overs, anticipated one or two hoofs up from the Blackburn defence, some decent positioning.
But, his passing out was awful and put his back four under far more pressure than was necessary.
Early days but given his two games so far I'd prefer Hamer or Benda.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 1104 viewsSTID2017

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:31 - Feb 6 by Badlands

A few catches, a couple of tip overs, anticipated one or two hoofs up from the Blackburn defence, some decent positioning.
But, his passing out was awful and put his back four under far more pressure than was necessary.

I would prefer we didn't dally around the penalty area so much.
I think he will settle in but I think Hamer is more commanding

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:51 - Feb 6 with 1085 views3swan

Too early to say, but in the short time he has shown better distribution, which shouldn't be a surprise as that's the tactics RM wants to employ. Whether he is better at the more basics for a keeper only more games will tell.
Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 13:02 - Feb 6 with 1061 viewsonehunglow

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:51 - Feb 6 by 3swan

Too early to say, but in the short time he has shown better distribution, which shouldn't be a surprise as that's the tactics RM wants to employ. Whether he is better at the more basics for a keeper only more games will tell.

The basics being that which player are judged on.
I d rather a goal keeper save shots rather than try to play like a second centre half.

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 13:05 - Feb 6 with 1046 views3swan

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 13:02 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

The basics being that which player are judged on.
I d rather a goal keeper save shots rather than try to play like a second centre half.

I've always wanted players to be strong in their natural position, but I accept, that being a team game, it's all about the balance of the team.
Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 13:28 - Feb 6 with 1031 viewsonehunglow

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 13:05 - Feb 6 by 3swan

I've always wanted players to be strong in their natural position, but I accept, that being a team game, it's all about the balance of the team.

Cracking reply and thanks

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 13:52 - Feb 6 with 993 viewsraynor94

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 12:31 - Feb 6 by Badlands

2 games

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 14:09 - Feb 6 with 964 viewsBadlands

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 13:52 - Feb 6 by raynor94

2 games

That’s why I said 'early days'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 14:42 - Feb 6 with 923 viewsraynor94

Thoughts on Fisher so far. Benda has a blinder for Peterborough on 14:09 - Feb 6 by Badlands

That’s why I said 'early days'

Now if you had said it after 10 games ok, but judging on 2 games is ever so premature

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024