Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses 12:15 - Dec 27 with 2415 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses 27th Dec 2023 12:12
It isn’t enough just to do a match report and team ratings with the odd positive slant on the effort we now call Swansea City, and after yesterday, there can be no further excuses or meaningful explanations. 2

Well, the first of three. Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 12:28 - Dec 27 with 2371 viewsHeadmaster

No manager, clueless owners, a useless Trust, an awful so-called sporting director, a divided fanbase, poor players, and no hope. Happy fcking New Year.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 12:31]
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 12:44 - Dec 27 with 2275 viewsangryjack

The team i once loved,couldn't wait for a Saturday to watch or look out for results,always interested,can't believe how much I just don't care anymore last couple years with these idiots, I just don't see the point no ambition nothing if we win,we win ,if we lose we lose just don't care,there doesn't seem a purpose anymore..get out of our club..
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 12:53 - Dec 27 with 2235 viewsdobjack2

I suspect that the word is out in the professional football community about how our owners operate. On top of that we have the incompetence and inexperience of their team this side of the pond and it's hardly surprising that we don't have talented and ambitious managers queuing up to take the job.

Can't see players rushing to sign for a club with no manager that's looking downwards rather than upwards.

Poor decisions at the top and poor value for money recruitment have caught up with us, although I still think that with a decent centre forward for others to play off and good coaching we could be safely mid - table.
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 13:06 - Dec 27 with 2176 viewsQJumpingJack

Excellent article.

Of the 12/13 signings we made in the Summer -which agencies were used - does anyone know?
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 13:44 - Dec 27 with 2014 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 13:06 - Dec 27 by QJumpingJack

Excellent article.

Of the 12/13 signings we made in the Summer -which agencies were used - does anyone know?

Aye, the job centre.
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 13:47 - Dec 27 with 2004 viewsPawelAbbott

I am sure that very few people are happy with the current situation and want to see a major change at the club, but, there are things that are achievable and things that are far less so.
The root of the problems may well lie with the owners, but without a buyer waiting in the wings then they are unlikely to be moved out from fan pressure.
Watson as Director of Football and Coleman as Chairman have somehow managed to take us backwards.
On the pitch we are a shambles, our recruitment looks disjointed and the Manager situation is amateurish. Watson has to take quite a bit of responsibility for this. Watson also brought in Sheehan and guaranteeing his position.
Under different Chairmen and DoF we have been in far better position.
Putting pressure on for their replacement would seem a more achievable short term aim.
A club performing well in the league is a more attractive purchase to help achieve the overall aim
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 14:12 - Dec 27 with 1939 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 12:53 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

I suspect that the word is out in the professional football community about how our owners operate. On top of that we have the incompetence and inexperience of their team this side of the pond and it's hardly surprising that we don't have talented and ambitious managers queuing up to take the job.

Can't see players rushing to sign for a club with no manager that's looking downwards rather than upwards.

Poor decisions at the top and poor value for money recruitment have caught up with us, although I still think that with a decent centre forward for others to play off and good coaching we could be safely mid - table.

We definitely need a centre forward, I would go for Kieffer Moore, a player that can hold the ball and give us plenty of aerial threat from corners and set play.

Won't happen, but that's the type of player we need at the moment, especially with our slow and laborious forward moving attacking play.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 15:42 - Dec 27 with 1749 viewsnantywatcher

Coleman has never come across as anything other than second rate and his last statement was an insult. "We are taking our time because we want to find the best manager possible."
So why the bl**dy hell sack Duff in the first place - to me that came across as an impulsive knew jerk reaction, completely lacking in common sense. The team produced some excellent periods of play in Duff's last two games and to get rid of him before January without a replacement lined up was a pathetic course of action, from a second-rate CEO, who is still probably better at his job than Paul Watson. There appears to be so much "cloak and dagger" stuff going on in the background. We are in the same relegation battle we were in two months ago but the light at the end of the tunnel is fading fast.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 16:27 - Dec 27 with 1668 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea have taken seven points form five games. Sub par but acceptable for a stand in coach. I want to see who they appoint next. Some of the rumoured names are encouraging. There is some indication that there will be money to spend in January. Hopefully the new man will drag along one or two out of class contracts.

By February the dye will be cast on the Coleman Gude Watson era. By then returning fringe players like Kukharevic, Ntjoe, Azzeem, Walsh, Wood even Ogbeta and Wilson will have added some freshness.

The addition of 3-4 class signing would work wonders and raise spirits.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 10:16 - Dec 28 with 1401 viewsangryjack

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 16:27 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea have taken seven points form five games. Sub par but acceptable for a stand in coach. I want to see who they appoint next. Some of the rumoured names are encouraging. There is some indication that there will be money to spend in January. Hopefully the new man will drag along one or two out of class contracts.

By February the dye will be cast on the Coleman Gude Watson era. By then returning fringe players like Kukharevic, Ntjoe, Azzeem, Walsh, Wood even Ogbeta and Wilson will have added some freshness.

Your either on a serious wind up.or on some very hard drugs...
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 10:28 - Dec 28 with 1389 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 10:16 - Dec 28 by angryjack

Your either on a serious wind up.or on some very hard drugs...

A bit of both.
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 11:40 - Dec 28 with 1319 viewsEquinox

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 13:47 - Dec 27 by PawelAbbott

I am sure that very few people are happy with the current situation and want to see a major change at the club, but, there are things that are achievable and things that are far less so.
The root of the problems may well lie with the owners, but without a buyer waiting in the wings then they are unlikely to be moved out from fan pressure.
Watson as Director of Football and Coleman as Chairman have somehow managed to take us backwards.
On the pitch we are a shambles, our recruitment looks disjointed and the Manager situation is amateurish. Watson has to take quite a bit of responsibility for this. Watson also brought in Sheehan and guaranteeing his position.
Putting pressure on for their replacement would seem a more achievable short term aim.
A club performing well in the league is a more attractive purchase to help achieve the overall aim

Not sure what the club saw in Watson if his woeful, first interview is anything to go by.
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 12:28 - Dec 28 with 1259 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 16:27 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

We can't get too carried away by taking 7 points from 5 games particularly when you look at the opposition. Many were struggling teams and matches we would expect to take something from.
Duff must have been gutted to have been sacked with the matches coming up that he would have faced.
I had a quick look at forthcoming matches and they look daunting to say the least.

Optimisticjack

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 19:49 - Dec 28 with 1092 viewsscruffyjack

It wouldn’t matter who we played up front as the service is shocking. Can you remember when we had wingers? Not full backs or centre halves in an offensive position as wing backs with no pace.
Dreadful to watch.
Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 20:04 - Dec 28 with 1069 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 10:28 - Dec 28 by Fireboy2

A bit of both.

I am not plagued by negativity and defeatism. My only substance to raise spirits in a strong Colombian coffee or two.

As pointed out Martin had 5 or 6 severe no show beatings and ere were no bleating like here is now.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 20:08 - Dec 28 with 1065 viewsBoundy

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 20:04 - Dec 28 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not plagued by negativity and defeatism. My only substance to raise spirits in a strong Colombian coffee or two.

As pointed out Martin had 5 or 6 severe no show beatings and ere were no bleating like here is now.

This isn't about one hammering but the manner to which it has been obtained, but you knew that but if you didn't then I gave you credit you didn't deserve

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 23:06 - Dec 29 with 919 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses on 13:47 - Dec 27 by PawelAbbott

Great article and great post

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024