Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Cricket Thread 11:21 - Jun 12 with 20344 viewstoboboly

New Summer, new England.

Same old story though - 13-1 after just a few overs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:30 - Apr 12 with 3031 viewsHoopstar

Doubt I'd ever have the attention span for umpiring - thought in my late 30s I might have developed a bit more patience but still seem to have about four proper strokes in me before trying to hit it out of the park with er varying degrees of success...

Can talk a much better game though and stared coaching in the U10s - really enjoyable, have around 250 kids in the club, all come together on a Friday night for a barbie post training, lovely way to spend a summer eve.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 15:32]
Summer Cricket Thread on 15:48 - Apr 12 with 2992 viewsLoyalitat

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:30 - Apr 12 by Hoopstar

Doubt I'd ever have the attention span for umpiring - thought in my late 30s I might have developed a bit more patience but still seem to have about four proper strokes in me before trying to hit it out of the park with er varying degrees of success...

Can talk a much better game though and stared coaching in the U10s - really enjoyable, have around 250 kids in the club, all come together on a Friday night for a barbie post training, lovely way to spend a summer eve.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 15:32]

So good to read that you are playing your part in introducing the game to kids as young as the under 10's. In my view, cricket is one of the hardest games to master, so the younger the age that kids start out, the better their chances of playing to as high a standard as their abilities will take them in the future.

The high standard for me starts at minor counties level. I believe that players playing county 2nd XI cricket are good quality cricketers. Regular county 1st XI players are very good players. Regular Test level players are excellent. Then you enter the realms of the very best test players for whom I run out of words to adequately describe their brilliance.

Loving all of the cricket threads, well done to you all. Keep it going throughout the summer.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 16:17]
Summer Cricket Thread on 13:57 - Apr 13 with 2896 viewsR_from_afar

Ooh, ooh, this match was a high-scoring corker with a great finish!
https://www.iplt20.com/video/47432/m15-rcb-vs-lsg--match-highlights

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:57 - Apr 13 with 2838 viewsMrSheen

After Middlesex’s top 4 managed a combined 0 in their first innings back in Division 1 last week, their top 5 scraped together 16 today.
Summer Cricket Thread on 08:50 - Apr 14 with 2760 viewsLoyalitat

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:57 - Apr 13 by MrSheen

After Middlesex’s top 4 managed a combined 0 in their first innings back in Division 1 last week, their top 5 scraped together 16 today.

Marginal gains
Summer Cricket Thread on 13:54 - Apr 27 with 2618 viewsMrSheen

In reply to Ireland's 492 all out, Sri Lanka 704/3 declared in a Baz-bally 151 overs. Considering they are 1 up in a two test series, I wonder if they were tempted to go for 1,000? Ireland 54/2 at the close of Day 4.

Ben White 34-1-203-0. He'll always have his maiden.
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:38 - Apr 27 with 2558 viewsTheChef

Summer Cricket Thread on 11:15 - Apr 12 by GaryBannister86

Thought I was the only QPR and Kent fan in existence....fantastic.

Totally agree the batting is in place but the bowling has been powderpuff for years and I don't see much change. Gutted that we couldn't get Matt Henry back.

Also nice to see Bilbo actually concentrating on us rather than reverse sweeping some drinks on to the field at some franchise silly cricket league.

Sounds like the opposite of Middlesex in recent years! Bowling unit tends to do well but the batting has been really flaky.

That Middlesex bowling unit doing OK so far today...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:17 - Apr 27 with 2493 viewsDWQPR

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:54 - Apr 27 by MrSheen

In reply to Ireland's 492 all out, Sri Lanka 704/3 declared in a Baz-bally 151 overs. Considering they are 1 up in a two test series, I wonder if they were tempted to go for 1,000? Ireland 54/2 at the close of Day 4.

Ben White 34-1-203-0. He'll always have his maiden.

That's not Bazball, not even 5 runs an over. If that was Bazball then if England had batted for 151 overs I suspect we would be looking at England 1938 v Australia at the Oval proportions of 903-7

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Cricket Thread on 20:59 - Apr 27 with 2411 viewsthame_hoops

Any of you Middlesex/Kent boys going to be at Lord’s Friday or Saturday?
Summer Cricket Thread on 21:04 - Apr 27 with 2412 viewsDWQPR

Summer Cricket Thread on 20:59 - Apr 27 by thame_hoops

Any of you Middlesex/Kent boys going to be at Lord’s Friday or Saturday?

Toying with the idea of Saturday afternoon onwards.

Summer Cricket Thread on 21:45 - Apr 29 with 2302 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 21:04 - Apr 27 by DWQPR

Toying with the idea of Saturday afternoon onwards.

What a days play! Were you by any chance wearing a QPR tracksuit top and cap, in the Allen Stand Middlesex room?
Summer Cricket Thread on 07:47 - Apr 30 with 2266 viewsDWQPR

Summer Cricket Thread on 21:45 - Apr 29 by thame_hoops

What a days play! Were you by any chance wearing a QPR tracksuit top and cap, in the Allen Stand Middlesex room?

Ha! Was sorting out some stuff in my Mum’s house in Greenford until 1pm and then got a tube up to Lords. Confident of seeing two full sessions as Kent were 98-3 the last time I looked just before lunch. Arrived at the North Gate around 2.20pm and checked the score. 119-9! WTF!

Anyway, had a nice afternoon. Sat in the Edrich stand, isn’t he sun with Middlesex cantering to victory. Was a Rangers supporter the other side of the aisle to me with a QPR carrier bag. He seemed not to want to check his phone so I broke the silence that Unc had scored. Finished the afternoon downing a pint of Guinness watching the groundsmen at work. All very civilised.

Summer Cricket Thread on 08:11 - Apr 30 with 2245 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 07:47 - Apr 30 by DWQPR

Ha! Was sorting out some stuff in my Mum’s house in Greenford until 1pm and then got a tube up to Lords. Confident of seeing two full sessions as Kent were 98-3 the last time I looked just before lunch. Arrived at the North Gate around 2.20pm and checked the score. 119-9! WTF!

Anyway, had a nice afternoon. Sat in the Edrich stand, isn’t he sun with Middlesex cantering to victory. Was a Rangers supporter the other side of the aisle to me with a QPR carrier bag. He seemed not to want to check his phone so I broke the silence that Unc had scored. Finished the afternoon downing a pint of Guinness watching the groundsmen at work. All very civilised.

I think I know who you mean, the guy with the carrier bag. He sits with a couple of other old boys.
I was running late, left home and Kent were 2 down, by time I got to Marylebone they were 6 down. It’s always nice to watch the groundsmen (groundspersons?) in the sun with a beer after a victory. Then head to the tavern and see the players
Summer Cricket Thread on 17:47 - Apr 30 with 2189 viewsDorse

Just bought one of these on recommendation.

https://villagecricket.co/long-handle-cricket-bat/

Now, I am what could generously be called 'awful' (my son is the talent. My main skill is giving him a lift and basically being happy to play whenever needed) but I vow, as Almighty Atheismo is my witness, that this season I will trouble the scorers of the Westmoreland League Division 4!!*

* Division 3 if the First XI is really, and I mean really fücking desperate.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 17:47]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Cricket Thread on 08:32 - May 22 with 1991 viewsDorse

Really nice little article about Jimmy Anderson. The guy is an absolute machine. I honestly think he'll overtake Anil Kumble's figures this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65656784

He's my son's inspiration and I totally get why.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Cricket Thread on 08:49 - May 22 with 1948 viewsOldPedro

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:47 - Apr 30 by Dorse

Just bought one of these on recommendation.

https://villagecricket.co/long-handle-cricket-bat/

Now, I am what could generously be called 'awful' (my son is the talent. My main skill is giving him a lift and basically being happy to play whenever needed) but I vow, as Almighty Atheismo is my witness, that this season I will trouble the scorers of the Westmoreland League Division 4!!*

* Division 3 if the First XI is really, and I mean really fücking desperate.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 17:47]

My son plays cricket and is a decent bowler. I have no sporting ability whatsoever but last year I got to play a couple of games with him for our local Sunday/3rd team.

I only batted once and scored a big fat 0 but really enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll get a couple of more games this year, probably during holiday season when the team are desperate

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:46 - May 23 with 1781 viewsthame_hoops

Goodness me

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:37 - Sep 28 with 1154 viewsR_from_afar

OK, it's not summer any more but this seemed to me to be the best place to post this.

The game in itself was nothing special - although Sodhi bowled a great spell - but there is an unusual incident which starts at about 8 minutes 15 seconds into the video:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Cricket Thread on 10:46 - Nov 25 with 876 viewsthame_hoops

I know there are quite a few county fans on here and I am a Middlesex member, fixtures came out Thursday and Middlesex will be playing 2 home T-20 blast games at Chelmsford because they are skint. They cannot afford to set up and dismantle stands at out grounds because the games are six weeks apart. Awful for the members.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 10:47]
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:17 - Nov 25 with 824 viewsSuperhoops2808

Summer Cricket Thread on 10:46 - Nov 25 by thame_hoops

I know there are quite a few county fans on here and I am a Middlesex member, fixtures came out Thursday and Middlesex will be playing 2 home T-20 blast games at Chelmsford because they are skint. They cannot afford to set up and dismantle stands at out grounds because the games are six weeks apart. Awful for the members.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 10:47]

Middlesex are being ran shockingly at the moment. Washing dirty laundry in public recently over legal action and now this. I feel for you I must say
Summer Cricket Thread on 20:33 - Dec 16 with 722 viewsthame_hoops

Anyone else spotted the guy in the dennis and menace R’s shirt in Grenada for the West Indies vs England T20? He looks a bit like Tony Fernandez from a distance😁
Summer Cricket Thread on 23:46 - Dec 16 with 661 viewselnombre

Summer Cricket Thread on 20:33 - Dec 16 by thame_hoops

Anyone else spotted the guy in the dennis and menace R’s shirt in Grenada for the West Indies vs England T20? He looks a bit like Tony Fernandez from a distance😁

Spotted him towards the end of the 16th over, exactly what Mrs Nombre said - Fernandes!
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:41 - Mar 25 with 324 viewsR_from_afar

OK, so it's not summer yet, but the IPL has started and this game was a belter, with a player on each side producing some titanic hitting:

https://www.iplt20.com/video/51707/m03-kkr-vs-srh--match-highlights?tagNames=202

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024