Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sad but true 00:07 - Jun 20 with 7059 viewsshrewranger

at the end of the england game tonight my son,a rangers fan .texted me to say,..if england had played terry and cole instead of baines and jagielka we would have a few more points than we have now,i tend to agree...
sad but true on 00:09 - Jun 20 with 5763 views100percent

if terry and cole are the answer, we have more problems than were evident tonight.....
sad but true on 00:11 - Jun 20 with 5763 viewsNortholt_Rs

sad but true on 00:09 - Jun 20 by 100percent

if terry and cole are the answer, we have more problems than were evident tonight.....

Well it looks like Jagielka def isn't the answer....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

sad but true on 00:34 - Jun 20 with 5705 viewsRoundhayRanger

Absolutely agree. Woy had the opportunity to play 3 of the back line of the enemy together. Players who know each other games inside out. We may despise them, but it's kind of obvious in hindsight that that's a much better defence. Woy is paid to spot stuff like that.
sad but true on 00:46 - Jun 20 with 5676 viewsNov77

Didn't terry and cole play in the last World Cup when we got stuffed by Germany?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

sad but true on 00:57 - Jun 20 with 5652 viewsshrewranger

sad but true on 00:46 - Jun 20 by Nov77

Didn't terry and cole play in the last World Cup when we got stuffed by Germany?

yep,your right ,i hate the two scummers..but that back four was shite,the second goal was bad beyond belief.
sad but true on 09:13 - Jun 20 with 5363 viewsbaz_qpr

totally agree sadly
sad but true on 09:28 - Jun 20 with 5314 viewstoboboly

Disagree. Terry isn't an answer to the back four as much as Rio isnt. Yes the back four were crap but Cole would have been just as isolated as Baines with that system. We needed to go wide far more, our only decent possesion came from going wide. With accomodating Rooney we lost Sterling being able to go wide, should have Lallana on for Rooney and we could have attacked with far more potency.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

sad but true on 09:42 - Jun 20 with 5280 viewssaxbend

We would have done better with Hill and Simpson than Terry and Cole.

Of course that second goal came about because Suarez had learnt a lesson from Mackie's winner in 2012, while the rest of the Liverpool team hadn't.
Login to get fewer ads

sad but true on 09:49 - Jun 20 with 5260 viewssimmo

I'd rather lose.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

sad but true on 09:56 - Jun 20 with 5243 viewsdaveB

England always lose to the first good side we play regardless of if Terry, Cole, Gazza or Stan Bowles is playing for England, this World cup we've played 2 games against teams who would usually beat us in the quarter finals and shock horror we lost them both
sad but true on 10:05 - Jun 20 with 5226 viewsbosh67

Part of the problem was that both Jags and Cahill are not ball playing centre backs. They are good stoppers but neither can run with the ball or pass it creatively. That is where Rio was a better player, where Terry offered more.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

sad but true on 10:12 - Jun 20 with 5198 viewsTW_R

sad but true on 00:46 - Jun 20 by Nov77

Yeah - but so did Upson, James and Barry. I remember one goal where James dives out of the way of the ball.
sad but true on 10:28 - Jun 20 with 5152 viewsrsonist

sad but true on 09:49 - Jun 20 by simmo

I'd rather lose.

Correct answer.
sad but true on 10:37 - Jun 20 with 5125 viewsSpiritofGregory

Madness not to take Terry and Cole.
sad but true on 10:44 - Jun 20 with 5110 viewsSomersetHoops

Does anyone really think Terry has the legs to have got goalside of Suarez when Gerrard forgot he wasn't on Suarez' team and flicked the ball on to him. In hindsight Terry might have brought him down and got sent off though.

I don't think it was the youngsters who let England down last night, but our defence does look a bit lightweight, which wouldn't be so bad if it was sharp and fast, but it wasn't.

Who's Next?

sad but true on 10:45 - Jun 20 with 5108 viewsnadera78

Nonsense.

John Terry, at the top level, has been finished for years. He survives in the PL because so many teams like to lump the ball forward and he can still get up and win headers and marshall his defence around him. But put him up against mobile attackers, who move intelligently, and he's completely useless. He'd have been slaughtered last night by Suarez, and by Balotelli on saturday too.
sad but true on 10:50 - Jun 20 with 5096 viewsSpiritofGregory

sad but true on 10:45 - Jun 20 by nadera78

Nonsense.

John Terry, at the top level, has been finished for years. He survives in the PL because so many teams like to lump the ball forward and he can still get up and win headers and marshall his defence around him. But put him up against mobile attackers, who move intelligently, and he's completely useless. He'd have been slaughtered last night by Suarez, and by Balotelli on saturday too.

Terry and Cole are better than what we had out last night. They are better and they have mental strength.
sad but true on 10:51 - Jun 20 with 5095 viewsTacticalR

Was Terry ever going to come back after snubbing the FA chairman last year?

John Terry snubs FA chairman David Bernstein at Champions League trophy hand over
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/john-terry-snubs-fa

Air hostess clique

sad but true on 10:52 - Jun 20 with 5091 viewssimmo

Apart from anything else why the fck are people saying how things need to change and we need to shift our mentality and way of doing things, whilst also saying they want to take the same old players? What the fck will we learn from playing Cole, Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc when we still wouldn't have had enough to win anything? What's the point in that?!

WHO CARES ABOUT MORE POINTS IF WE'RE NOT GOING TO WIN ANYTHING ANYWAY?!

It's not a results business for England at the moment, it's an improvement and development job. We need to show improvement in the way we play and approach games, game by game, year on year, tournament by tournament.

FCK TERRY, FCK COLE, FCK THE OLD GUARD CNTS. They had their chances, they didn't take them.

sad but true on 10:54 - Jun 20 with 5083 viewssimmo

sad but true on 10:50 - Jun 20 by SpiritofGregory

Terry and Cole are better than what we had out last night. They are better and they have mental strength.

SO WHAT! Do you want to win the game against Uruguay last night or do you want a better chance to win an actual tournament in 6/8/12 years?!

sad but true on 10:59 - Jun 20 with 5066 viewsQPR442

cannot believe people think or want Terry back?
Seriously he is not good enough at International level and we need to move forward not backwards.
Agree though our defence is not good enough either.

Too many imports in our game. Agree they make our league exciting but it doesn't help our home grown players who never get the chance. The greed of SKY TV and the FA will make our game look like the 'Harlem globetrotters' in a few years, great to watch but would never make it on the big stage.

TBH I am bored watching England (even though they played better football of late). Give me QPR any day. That's all I care about.
sad but true on 10:59 - Jun 20 with 5063 viewstoboboly

sad but true on 10:50 - Jun 20 by SpiritofGregory

Complete rubbish. Terry couldn't defend any better than last night and Cole would have been as isolated as Baines constantly was. We needed strong but quick central defenders rather than Cahill and Jagielka who are good if it is in front of them but get them turning and they are in trouble.

Richards, Caulker, Jones even would have been better bets imo. Terry has been finished at international level for a while, as has Rio, why the fck would we want the same old has beens that couldn't do anything when they were younger let alone now?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

sad but true on 11:00 - Jun 20 with 5058 viewsTacticalR

sad but true on 10:54 - Jun 20 by simmo

SO WHAT! Do you want to win the game against Uruguay last night or do you want a better chance to win an actual tournament in 6/8/12 years?!

Greg Dyke said we're going to win it in 2022, and he's a man who knows what he's talking about. We just need to close down all the teams that aren't in the Premiership (and we might need to close some of them down too).
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 11:00]

Air hostess clique

sad but true on 11:23 - Jun 20 with 4988 viewsenfieldargh

this World Cup should have been about blooding as many young players as possible.

I can understand Woy wanting Gerrard, Johnson in there for their experience but they have had their day.

Get a squad of 23 young players together and say you lot are the core for the future.

We don't care if you loose but learn to play together as a unit and gain experience for euros 2016 and WC 2020.

No still they take Lumpard in the squad...surprised to see Woy still not sue if they can play together!!!

Basically Chile, Mexico, Argentina, Germany, France & Holland in the right frame of mind are head and shoulders above us and the rest.

Just put the youngsters into a 'CLUB ENGLAND' team and move on

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

sad but true on 11:53 - Jun 20 with 4936 viewsW7Ranger

Our back 4 of around 10 years ago was the best we've had in a while, and they haven't been replaced or improved upon...

Neville, Campbell, Rio and Cole.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024