Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your World Cup Final MOTM 22:42 - Jul 13 with 2495 viewssilky

Sebastian Schweinsteiger

Covered every blade of grass today. Great performance! Battled to the end.

I am happy for the Germans, invested in youth and in their country when it comes to Football and are reaping the rewards!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:43 - Jul 13 with 2490 viewsbosh67

Agree. He was outstanding.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:48 - Jul 13 with 2472 viewsQPRMUSO

Mascherano
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:48 - Jul 13 with 2468 viewsCHUBBS

He was amazing but you also gotta take your hat off for Neuer who's so good,he could probably play anywhere across the back line.
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:50 - Jul 13 with 2461 viewsflynnbo

Agree with op. Sarah will look after his cuts and bruises!
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:51 - Jul 13 with 2453 viewsQPR1882

The officials
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:51 - Jul 13 with 2451 viewsted_hendrix

Schweinsteiger for me he was causing the Argies problems all over the pitch, I thought he was excellent, his defensive work was top class.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:55 - Jul 13 with 2430 viewssilky

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:51 - Jul 13 by QPR1882

The officials

They were excellent.

Some of the offside calls were outstanding!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 23:37 - Jul 13 with 2369 viewsQPRMUSO

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:55 - Jul 13 by silky

They were excellent.

Some of the offside calls were outstanding!

What about the German goalkeeper that should have been sent off, bottled it.
Login to get fewer ads

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 23:48 - Jul 13 with 2342 viewsGloryHunter

His name is Bastian.
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 00:25 - Jul 14 with 2308 viewsgobbles

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 23:37 - Jul 13 by QPRMUSO

Why should he have been sent off?
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 00:34 - Jul 14 with 2297 viewsJigsore

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 23:37 - Jul 13 by QPRMUSO

Not at all. He got the ball and followed through yes but what can you do? Both players went for it and while I agree the officials got it wrong thats only because they didnt give the throw in

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:21 - Jul 14 with 2186 viewsMedwayR

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 00:34 - Jul 14 by Jigsore

Not at all. He got the ball and followed through yes but what can you do? Both players went for it and while I agree the officials got it wrong thats only because they didnt give the throw in

I thought Boateng was also very good.

As for Neuers challenge, if an outfield player had gone in to win a header like that I'm fairly certain the ref would've taken a different view & possibly sent him off but for some reason GK's seem to have a different set of rules.

Poll: Who’s better?

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:29 - Jul 14 with 2179 viewswestberksr

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:21 - Jul 14 by MedwayR

I thought Boateng was also very good.

As for Neuers challenge, if an outfield player had gone in to win a header like that I'm fairly certain the ref would've taken a different view & possibly sent him off but for some reason GK's seem to have a different set of rules.

not really sure what else he could do; had his eye on the ball and was never going to get there second. he's well known for being a keeper/sweeper so the Argie would hardly have been surprised for him to be there.

goalies get it too easy around the 6 yard box but i thought that was a fair but unfortunate challenge; glad the guy didn't appear too injured but just one of those things, imho. shouls have been an argie throw though.

Boateng was very good as was Schweinsteiger.

would have loved to play in front of more keepers like Neuer.
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:29 - Jul 14 with 2179 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mascherano
Schweinsteiger
Boetang

in order.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:40 - Jul 14 with 2167 viewsMedwayR

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:29 - Jul 14 by westberksr

not really sure what else he could do; had his eye on the ball and was never going to get there second. he's well known for being a keeper/sweeper so the Argie would hardly have been surprised for him to be there.

goalies get it too easy around the 6 yard box but i thought that was a fair but unfortunate challenge; glad the guy didn't appear too injured but just one of those things, imho. shouls have been an argie throw though.

Boateng was very good as was Schweinsteiger.

would have loved to play in front of more keepers like Neuer.

I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy of the referees when GK's make challenges. It's arguably dangerous play, he didn't have to go in for the challenge but he chose to come rushing out & challenge for the ball at a dangerous height (and possibly punched the ball outside of his area), if a CB had done similar to win a header the ref would probably have taken a different view.

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:44 - Jul 14 with 2163 viewssimmo

Schweinsteiger is a big game player, always turns up for the matches that matter.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:57 - Jul 14 with 2132 viewsrobith

Boateng. Was an absolute brick wall and made some vital and absolutely outstanding challenges that kept Germany in it during the periods where they were under the cosh.

Schweni was great too - really grew into the game
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 11:01 - Jul 14 with 2129 viewsJigsore

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 10:40 - Jul 14 by MedwayR

I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy of the referees when GK's make challenges. It's arguably dangerous play, he didn't have to go in for the challenge but he chose to come rushing out & challenge for the ball at a dangerous height (and possibly punched the ball outside of his area), if a CB had done similar to win a header the ref would probably have taken a different view.

well Keepers aren't actually like outfield players at all thats the thing. Obviously there are mitigating circumstances for players that can actually use their hands

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 11:11 - Jul 14 with 2122 viewsMedwayR

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 11:01 - Jul 14 by Jigsore

well Keepers aren't actually like outfield players at all thats the thing. Obviously there are mitigating circumstances for players that can actually use their hands

What's your point?

The GK went for a challenge that could have been dangerous to an opponent, that rule is the same for all players & has nothing to do with using their hands.

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 11:25 - Jul 14 with 2108 viewsimustbemad

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 11:11 - Jul 14 by MedwayR

What's your point?

The GK went for a challenge that could have been dangerous to an opponent, that rule is the same for all players & has nothing to do with using their hands.

Red card all day long. Neuer knew exactly what he was doing when he took Higuain out.

Schweinsteiger or Mascherano for MOTM. Both outstanding
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 11:27]
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 11:28 - Jul 14 with 2099 viewsHAYESBOY

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 22:48 - Jul 13 by QPRMUSO

Mascherano

Lucky to stay on the pitch as well as Aguero.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 12:40 - Jul 14 with 2065 viewsDANRANGER

In the modern game I wouldn't have been surprised to see a red for Neuer but agree that he got the ball. Howedes should have got a red earlier for an awful challenge and Aguero was very lucky.

As for OP, Schweinsteiger stood out head and shoulders above the rest. Mascherano gave the ball away too much to be MOM but was excellent and also agree Boateng top notch.

In the end Messi became a hindrance to Argentina as he doesn't trust his team-mates with the ball and they only see him as the option. Great player but they need to use the alternative options as the rest aren't exactly mugs.
Your World Cup Final MOTM on 13:05 - Jul 14 with 2051 viewswestberksr

Your World Cup Final MOTM on 11:11 - Jul 14 by MedwayR

What's your point?

Is that actually the case though? The keeper is inside the box came out and punched the ball, the argie was taken out but could see him coming and could have avoided the challenge. Keeper was jumping so his leg was higher but again not one of those where it's head on and they have the studs in the strikers face.

If the official rule states that as correct then I'll happilly stand corrected. There are plenty of challenges where the player wins the ball and takes everything else with him and that was probably one of the few examples that I would expect to still be legal, however bad it looked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024