Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Phillips.. 16:54 - Sep 14 with 2560 viewsDiscodroids

...im sure there's a good player in there somewhere , way down..but in front of goal , he does show all the composure of a puritanical scoutmaster ripped to the tits on amly nitrate in a cambodian orphanage for talented young boys.

perhaps , and im sure you'll appreciate my candour on this,essex taxi.. we can assume this phillips miss is YET ANOTHER unfortunate turning point akin the drubbing at white hart , with poor wee matty's miss resulting in spurs doing the revie leeds 50 + passes routine against our plucky , yet down- on- their -luck young titans.

wibble.

[Post edited 14 Sep 2014 17:04]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Matty Phillips.. on 18:21 - Sep 14 with 2435 viewsmacclesfieldman

I thought he had good potential but I'm starting to think his level in the Championship

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Matty Phillips.. on 18:24 - Sep 14 with 2411 viewsJigsore

Matty Phillips.. on 18:21 - Sep 14 by macclesfieldman

I thought he had good potential but I'm starting to think his level in the Championship

i'm really annoyed he went and got injured, last year really could have been a break through season for him had he been in the team all year

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Matty Phillips.. on 18:26 - Sep 14 with 2399 viewsessextaxiboy

He took ages to reach his best when he first joined us with a broken arm . Its the same this time . I think his best place is on the bench at the moment .He looks short on confidence and to me is not moving too freely . You cant waste chances like that in this league , especially aganst the top teams
Matty Phillips.. on 18:27 - Sep 14 with 2389 viewsCHUBBS

He's still very young and will develop with more games and experience in this league.
At least he has a decent cross on him and looks like he will get a few goals.
Matty Phillips.. on 18:35 - Sep 14 with 2327 viewsRuislipHoop

We don't have enough time for him to develop
Matty Phillips.. on 18:36 - Sep 14 with 2324 viewsElHoop

It was a shame that he couldn't enough on it but United were too good today. I though that we showed enough to get a result against Stoke and wouldn't change it around too much. We need a win every three games and some shrapnel.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2014 18:37]
Matty Phillips.. on 19:09 - Sep 14 with 2244 viewsEalingRanger

His first touch is abominable and he almost always makes the wrong choice - apart from that not bad.
Matty Phillips.. on 19:14 - Sep 14 with 2228 viewshoopdog

Matty Phillips.. on 18:35 - Sep 14 by RuislipHoop

We don't have enough time for him to develop

Yep I've expected him show he's got what it takes but got to agree time is running out for him
Login to get fewer ads

Matty Phillips.. on 19:16 - Sep 14 with 2210 viewsCFW

Very poor today and think he will not play next week.
Matty Phillips.. on 19:56 - Sep 14 with 2094 viewskysersosaqpr

Vying with Green for biggest t.sser of the day award. Don't know what to do with him, he's so hot and cold. Not premier quality.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Matty Phillips.. on 20:04 - Sep 14 with 2063 viewsrsonist

Phillips and Hoilett are brainless and do my nut in on a weekly basis. However like many of our lost causes over the years I still wonder what they might be if they were actually coached individually and with purpose. Bet you the likes of Martinez and Rodgers could still make handier, vaguely competent players out of them.
Matty Phillips.. on 20:16 - Sep 14 with 2019 viewsbaz_qpr

Don't think we can carry Hoillett and Phillips in the same team especially with Adel on the bench
Matty Phillips.. on 20:17 - Sep 14 with 2014 viewsbosh67

Hoilett has really upped his work rate but Matty is a mile off the pace and he can't shoot.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Matty Phillips.. on 20:19 - Sep 14 with 2001 viewsthemodfather

2 away games he has had a great chance to level for us, 1-1 and both times messed it up.
not all his fault, but big moments...clawing back to 1-1 may keep us in it...miss and the oppo sscore again, and again and again..game over.
Matty Phillips.. on 21:45 - Sep 14 with 1867 viewsQPRMUSO

Shows that we shouldn't have let Routledge go, he went for £2mil. A snip in comparison but Philips will improve, jus don't get on his back too much.
Matty Phillips.. on 22:58 - Sep 14 with 1764 viewsozexile

He looked so short of confidence today. A few times he could have intercepted the ball but looked scared.
Matty Phillips.. on 23:07 - Sep 14 with 1739 viewsjamois

Matty Phillips.. on 20:04 - Sep 14 by rsonist

Phillips and Hoilett are brainless and do my nut in on a weekly basis. However like many of our lost causes over the years I still wonder what they might be if they were actually coached individually and with purpose. Bet you the likes of Martinez and Rodgers could still make handier, vaguely competent players out of them.

Totally correct and this is why there's mileage in the Harry out thread.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Matty Phillips.. on 23:13 - Sep 14 with 1720 viewsDevonWhite

Needs games. I still think he'll come good. Although he should've buried the chances today and at Spurs he's still come far closer to scoring than pretty much anyone else bar Austin.
Matty Phillips.. on 07:44 - Sep 15 with 1574 viewsElHoop

Matty Phillips.. on 23:07 - Sep 14 by jamois

Totally correct and this is why there's mileage in the Harry out thread.

Some of us want to look at a thread containing a certain amount of positivity, without looking at a complete pile of shit. Could you please confine your comments to the subject matter.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 7:44]
Matty Phillips.. on 08:59 - Sep 15 with 1490 viewsEddo

Matty Phillips.. on 20:19 - Sep 14 by themodfather

2 away games he has had a great chance to level for us, 1-1 and both times messed it up.
not all his fault, but big moments...clawing back to 1-1 may keep us in it...miss and the oppo sscore again, and again and again..game over.

Based on last year's showing, I am not really sure what we expected being back in the Prem.. Its going to be a big ask for this squad to be above the relegation dogfight.

But, sticking to thread....

Whose fault is it that Matt Phiilips missed an open goal against the Mancs, and should have scored an equally easy goal against Spurs - Both game changing situations.

For me the problem is that he is low on confidence and should have gone out on loan to rebuild his career... Unless he finds his feet & form very quickly he stands a real chance of ruining his career, just like Junior Hoilett has!
Matty Phillips.. on 10:56 - Sep 15 with 1387 viewsbaz_qpr

I have nothing against Phillips at all, however he does need to kick on and I dont think he justifies his place ahead of Adel at the moment
Matty Phillips.. on 12:04 - Sep 15 with 1337 viewsDiscodroids

poor wee matty...in front of goal call me Mister Glass.

comes apart like a worthington e jug in franco begbies hands in aglasgow rangers drinking den.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 12:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Matty Phillips.. on 12:16 - Sep 15 with 1321 viewswhittocksRs

I like him, plenty of talent and could make the grade, but he HAS to learn how to pressure and help out the full-back. United had a bloody field day down the left doubling up on Isla as Phillips just didn't do enough. Hoilett was a little more successful on the left, but he is also in danger of the boot if he can't do the job properly.
Matty Phillips.. on 14:09 - Sep 15 with 1239 viewsLoft1979

I actually agree. Needs to get his sealegs. But clearly has something to offer.....unlike.......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024