Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? 11:59 - May 5 with 9416 viewsElHoop

He's got another year to run on his contract hasn't he? Surely he hasn't played enough to get a deal anywhere else on his current money? So presumably he'll run down his contract next season and hope to get a deal once he's a free man? Which would mean that he has to get his finger out and train and play and play well at that?

Obviously that's all sounding way too logical for someone as mad as Adel, but if we go down and that's his plan, he could virtually take us up on his own if he's fired up again.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 11:59 - May 5 with 4742 viewsWeaverQPR

Take whatever money and move him on. He was worth 10m when we went up in 2011
[Post edited 5 May 2015 12:00]

@WeavQPR

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:06 - May 5 with 4697 viewskingsburyR

He'll be 26 at the end of the month.

What a total waste of his mid-twenties.

Great footballer but poorly advised and has a rather inflated opinion of himself.

We need to move him on as no manager is prepared to to deal with him as Warnock did. I like to remember the Adel from the promotion year as he was a joy to watch!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:11 - May 5 with 4671 viewsJamie

He doesn't do the championship so presumably take another £3m for doing nothing.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:12 - May 5 with 4662 viewsMedwayR

With a 40% sell-on clause to Spurs I'd let him go for minimal money but insist on a similar sell-on clause in the hope we could make money in the future.

Poll: Who’s better?

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:14 - May 5 with 4646 viewsActonOccident

Surely it's time to ship him out to the UAE or Kuwait?
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:14 - May 5 with 4639 viewsadhoc_qpr

Another loan deal i'd expect, there will always be someone who will take a low risk gamble on a talented player.

I expect we'll be paying the bulk of his wages though...
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:22 - May 5 with 4587 viewsTacticalR

He will disappear like a genie into a shisha pipe and never be heard of again.

Air hostess clique

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:24 - May 5 with 4573 viewsDorse

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:14 - May 5 by ActonOccident

Surely it's time to ship him out to the UAE or Kuwait?

We'll have to use a large container for him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:26 - May 5 with 4560 viewsJuzzie

In order to sell any player we need to have a buyer and they're not exactly queueing up for him. Even if we were to let him go for free just to get the salary of the books I doubt any other club would give him anywhere near what he is on so he'll earn more in his last year here than two or three years elsewhere.

He'll see out his contract with the odd appearance here and there. A loan will only serve to give him game time elsewhere, we won't benefit financially from it.

[Post edited 5 May 2015 12:29]
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:27 - May 5 with 4557 viewsElHoop

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:11 - May 5 by Jamie

He doesn't do the championship so presumably take another £3m for doing nothing.

Arguably he's only ever really DONE the championship.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:27 - May 5 with 4551 viewsDaBurgh

Eventually this...

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 13:09 - May 5 with 4394 viewsJamie

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 12:27 - May 5 by ElHoop

Arguably he's only ever really DONE the championship.

And the threw in a transfer request last season rather than play there again. Chimbonda-esque.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 13:22 - May 5 with 4331 viewsCFW

I actually dislike him more than SWP, Harry, Mark Hughes and many others I could name. If QPR was my company I would call him into my office tell him to fcuk right off without pay and if you want to sue me for the rest of your contract then see you in court.

Been injured most of the season when he has not even played!!! Complete joke and the club's handling of the situation has been awful.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 13:23 - May 5 with 4324 viewsJordanFoster

Absolute travesty that he's 26 next month and still has nothing really to show for his exceptional ability.

Sad to see the way things have gone with him, although one thing I would say is he's been extremely injury prone this year. Now whether that's down to perhaps not looking after himself the best way he could when he was younger or other reasons I'm not sure. But he has wanted to play and he keeps picking up niggly injuries.

Also, don't believe everything you have heard/read about him attitude wise.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 15:53 - May 5 with 4124 viewsPinnerPaul

There will be "strong interest" in him all summer, followed by ............up until deadline day.

About a week or two after that he will be "recovering from a niggly injury".

About late September he will be "in contention for a place in the matchday squad" again, which will be the cue for many to proclaim that if he had played every match we would be 10 pts clear at the top.

He will then be average in a few games, "pick up another injury" and not be seen much until Jan transfer window is about to open, when the whole sorry process will start all over again.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 16:02 - May 5 with 4105 viewsBklynRanger

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 15:53 - May 5 by PinnerPaul

There will be "strong interest" in him all summer, followed by ............up until deadline day.

About a week or two after that he will be "recovering from a niggly injury".

About late September he will be "in contention for a place in the matchday squad" again, which will be the cue for many to proclaim that if he had played every match we would be 10 pts clear at the top.

He will then be average in a few games, "pick up another injury" and not be seen much until Jan transfer window is about to open, when the whole sorry process will start all over again.

Exactly.

We've seen how motivated and instrumental he was in the Premier League this season, so imagine him back in the Championship without Warnock's maximum leeway.

I'd love a job where my employer checked with me every few weeks on the offchance that I felt ok and could be arsed to come in.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 16:11 - May 5 with 4078 viewsparker64

Watching him in the warm up for the West Ham game I thought he looked motivated. None of the half arsed mucking around and showing off. I was convinced he would make an appearance.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 16:15 - May 5 with 4066 viewsDorse

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 16:11 - May 5 by parker64

Watching him in the warm up for the West Ham game I thought he looked motivated. None of the half arsed mucking around and showing off. I was convinced he would make an appearance.

He did. It was in Nandos. On his way to Greggs. Before he got a kebab on his way home. Where he opened the Doritos.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 16:27 - May 5 with 4017 viewsPinnerPaul

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 16:11 - May 5 by parker64

Well that WAS good of him - surely we want a bit more than a "motivated" warm up every few months?!
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 18:40 - May 5 with 3882 viewsBrazilNutR

he'll train all Summer, have a great pre-season... get us promoted as PoY and sign a new 3 yr contract... a become a true legend keeping us in the Prem...and refusing offers from the Big clubs...
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 18:46 - May 5 with 3869 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Even the messiah Ramsey couldn't get the best out of him.
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 18:53 - May 5 with 3853 viewsjohncharles

He'll get the winner at the Etihad
[Post edited 5 May 2015 18:54]

Strong and stable my arse.

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 19:08 - May 5 with 3807 viewsrrrspricey

Who knows how Warburton will deal with him or get out of him?
What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 19:13 - May 5 with 3790 viewsPunteR

I was a big fan of Taraabt but even im starting to wonder about his motivation. Great player for us in the past but I'm not sure his hearts in it anymore. I hope I'm wrong and he is genuinely injured and struggling for match fitness(not that I want him injured)
I'm not sure a premier league club would come in for him,probably another championship side might, which ,knowing our luck he would turn his form round and be player of the season again.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 21:04 - May 5 with 3653 viewsBlackCrowe

What will happen to Adel Taarabt? on 19:13 - May 5 by PunteR

I was a big fan of Taraabt but even im starting to wonder about his motivation. Great player for us in the past but I'm not sure his hearts in it anymore. I hope I'm wrong and he is genuinely injured and struggling for match fitness(not that I want him injured)
I'm not sure a premier league club would come in for him,probably another championship side might, which ,knowing our luck he would turn his form round and be player of the season again.

Destined for arab emirates or second division in spain or Italy. I'll help him pack.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024