Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Camelot rip off merchants 23:33 - Jul 16 with 9304 viewsloftboy

Sorry if this is a spackman but only just seen the lotto is going from 49 to 59 numbers, it's hard enough to win as it is, going back to doing the pools when this happens, on a side note last night draw saw people getting 4 numbers get less than if you got 3. Total rip off

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Camelot rip off merchants on 23:54 - Jul 16 with 7031 viewsRs_Holy

I used to spend about £10 a week on the lotto but gave up when I didn't win anything for the best part of a year. In all the years I did it I got 4 numbers 3 times.
Infact I don't actually know anyone that has got more than 4 numbers. My sons girlfriend says her dad knows someone who got 5 numbers once. It's basically crap when you think the millions of entries every time and the thing can roll over a few times... What's the jackpot on the pools these days???
Camelot rip off merchants on 00:07 - Jul 17 with 7001 viewskarl

They say they are wanting more rollovers to get huge wins like Euro millions. That is a joke they should be making more low (£1m?) jackpots, surely the type of people playing would rather 50 £1m winners rather than one £50m?
My dad was in a syndicate that had 5 numbers and the bonus ball so i can vouch for winners but personally i have had £40 ish for 4 numbers once but hardly ever buy a ticket now. Possibly we're all giving up but to reduce the number of winners won't get me buying again tbh
Camelot rip off merchants on 00:14 - Jul 17 with 6984 viewsMancR

Utterly unbelievable on both counts. Those who play the same numbers cannot change so their odds of actually winning have lengthened considerably. We all need to send a simple message- stop playing.
As for anyone who buys scratch cards!?! Check the odds, you might as well flush tenners down the toilet.
But then again Lotto and fixed odds machines in getting shops are conveniently next to cash converters etc in the high streets in this completely messed up country of ours.
At least PPI is keeping our economy afloat temporarily😨
Camelot rip off merchants on 05:51 - Jul 17 with 6874 viewsexiled_dictator

as someone who sells lottery tickets and scratch cards, i can tell you that we do get winners.
never had a BIG winner buy from us, and i do know someone who 15 years ago won £963k, paid off her 2 kids mortgages, bought a 2 bed flat, went on a caribbean cruise and still has money leftover. it changed her life completely.

we always say that buying a ticket on the lottery is a tax for the poor; you out your money in, but never see it back. but people need something in their lives and for some people lottery is it.
don't like it? don"t buy it.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Camelot rip off merchants on 08:04 - Jul 17 with 6755 viewsDaBurgh

As I've said before on a similar fred to this, top prize should be a maximum of 10 million, and the rest of the money shared out with the rest. I would think that they would get a lot more players if you had a chance of winning 5-10 thousand with 4 numbers and maybe 1-2 thousand for three numbers. Nobody needs to win 50-60 million, frickin' ridiculous.
Camelot rip off merchants on 08:05 - Jul 17 with 6748 viewspaulparker

The whole thing is a fix anyway
On two occasions my old girl has got 5 numbers and walked away with less than 2 grand
Also how can you justify it being £2 a line ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Camelot rip off merchants on 08:15 - Jul 17 with 6718 viewsLblock

Camelot rip off merchants on 08:05 - Jul 17 by paulparker

The whole thing is a fix anyway
On two occasions my old girl has got 5 numbers and walked away with less than 2 grand
Also how can you justify it being £2 a line ??

I did used to hear of people paying a tenner a line..... but that's a whole different ball game!!

Scratch cards are a waste of time I just dont understand why people buy them.

As for the lottery I know someone who won £48k once but they are a gambling addict and money goes through their hands like water. Not a bean left.
I've had four numbers up and amazed when it only returned £52.00.

Not had a sniff apart from £3.30 on the Euromills this week and in light of this increase in the odds lengthening I'll probably stop my haphazard purchase of tickets.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Camelot rip off merchants on 08:33 - Jul 17 with 6700 viewsqpr1976

Rarely buy lottery tickets anymore.

I get more enjoyment (& returns) on the Bonus Ball sweep in my local pub.
Much better odds and at least I know the winners most weeks.
And at least when I (often) don't win, I know my stake is going towards a local charity.
Login to get fewer ads

Camelot rip off merchants on 08:44 - Jul 17 with 6676 viewsheadhoops

the biggest losers in this whole fiasco are the thousands of charities that should be getting more than 5p in the £pound.

Its a fuc£ing disgrace that successive governments have allowed Camelot to absolutely cream it in. National lottery to lotto has been one big gravy train. CEO Diane Thomson reportedly earns £1 million a year basic plus around a further £1 million in bonuses. How hard is that job????

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Camelot rip off merchants on 09:04 - Jul 17 with 6635 viewsDWQPR

Gave up on the lottery once it went to a twice weekly draw. Used to pay £5 per week for the same five lines, most I got was £69 for four balls. Once it went to twice weekly I realised that all it was about was greed and nothing else. When people win £100million plus on the Euromillions, what the hell would they want to do with all that money for christs sake. To enjoy a really lifestyle changing win I reckon at most £2-3million would do it, if you really wanted to give up work, buy a decent property etc. Would be more successful as a game with the chance of producing more millionaire winners and not less. It is about time the government considered withdrawing the licence from Camelot.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Camelot rip off merchants on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 6602 viewsHayesender

I haven't played the national lottery for about 10 years now.

Just started doing the health lottery. More chance of winning a decent amount of money, and I know the money is going to a good cause

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Camelot rip off merchants on 09:37 - Jul 17 with 6574 viewsqpr1976

Camelot rip off merchants on 09:26 - Jul 17 by Hayesender

I haven't played the national lottery for about 10 years now.

Just started doing the health lottery. More chance of winning a decent amount of money, and I know the money is going to a good cause

I would be tempted by the Health Lottery but how can I be sure they are any better than Camelot ?

Is it run by NHS or private company taking their profit ?

And what are the average winnings ?
Camelot rip off merchants on 09:45 - Jul 17 with 6556 viewscollegeranger

Camelot have run the Lotto into the ground with greed in my opinion. Instead of sticking to one draw a week. We now have 2 x a week plus Thunderball (I have no idea how this works) plus other games (no idea on these either). Then EuroMillions which I believe in the UK we now spend more in a week than the National. Its all become too diluted and complex. As someone said Max at 10Mil spread the rest evenly then people would come back to it. Ditch the other games. Bin scratchcards.

About 10 years ago I was at the Post office and stood behind a couple in their 20's with a toddler. They were withdrawing/picking up the what was then child allowance in cash. After I got my stamps or whatever then went to the newsagent counter in the same store and stood behind the same couple. Who then purchased 3 packets of fags 10 scratch cards and 5 lucky dip numbers for the lotto!!!
Camelot rip off merchants on 09:52 - Jul 17 with 6530 viewsDiscodroids

if i won it, id lend blob a tenner. in fact he wouldnt even have to pay it back.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Camelot rip off merchants on 10:10 - Jul 17 with 6483 viewsAntti_Heinola

Camelot rip off merchants on 09:52 - Jul 17 by Discodroids

if i won it, id lend blob a tenner. in fact he wouldnt even have to pay it back.

Tenner? Maybe a fiver. If I didn't have to give it to him in person.

Bare bones.

Camelot rip off merchants on 11:34 - Jul 17 with 6408 viewsTacticalR

I am not sure if anyone has ever looked into this, but one thing I have always wondered about the lottery was how much of it was effectively a subsidy for corner shops.

Air hostess clique

Camelot rip off merchants on 12:20 - Jul 17 with 6340 viewsJuzzie

59? If it's still 6 numbers for the jackpot then it's virtually impossible to win. Added to that the price went up a while ago from £1 a ticket to £2, you may as well flush your £2 down the toilet. We are effectively giving these people free money. They must be pi$$ing themselves laughing.

This is effectively gambling, it's not even a lottery as such, and we know all the pitfalls people have with gambling.

If they're trying to compete with the Euro Lottery in having a huge jackpot then what's the point? The need to approach it from another angle and others have said (and I've heard many people say the same for years) why not have smaller jackpots but an easier chance to win.

Sure, we'd all love the £10m, £30m, £70m payouts but let's be realistic, that amount is more than any mere mortals needs. £1m or £2m would be a dream for most people. Let's face it, our biggest financial outgoings in life is a mortgage (or rent) and kids.

Once those are paid off, that's a massive weight lifted and we can carry on with our lives happily relieved of that burden and security too for our family. Having an amount that would buy a Caribbean island is just plain daft and unrealistic..... and nigh on impossible to get.

I won't be doing the lottery again, not that I do it much anyway.

edit: oh, and there should be a ban on people using benefit money to buy scratchcards, lottery tickets etc. Don't know quite how it would be facilitated but if they can spend the money on those then then don't need it in the first place.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2015 12:22]
Camelot rip off merchants on 12:42 - Jul 17 with 6302 viewsPommyhoop

I remember years ago my mate went on holiday and left me his numbers to put on. I dutifully put it on and just for a laugh put the same on for myself. We got 4 numbers AND the bonus ball but the bonus ball at the wrong time for us..Basically we got 5 out of 7 balls and got 49 quid..
CVNTS..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Camelot rip off merchants on 13:01 - Jul 17 with 6259 viewsTacticalR

Madness summed it up very poignantly in their song about E.R.N.I.E., the Premium Bond computer:

One more try,
Try to get what you've never had,
Five more bob,
For the whole world that can't be bad.
We can't all win,
Look it's happening,
The future's looking not so bleak,
A thousand winners every week.
A thousand winners every week.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/madness/ernie.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premium_Bond

Air hostess clique

Camelot rip off merchants on 13:06 - Jul 17 with 6245 viewsSaycey

The Health Lottery is run by that shyster Richard Desmond - same person who owns The Express, Star, OK! magazine and Television X

Only 20% of money from the Health Lottery goes to good causes, as opposed to 28% from Camelot.

The thought of Desmond making profit from something supposedly charitable makes me shudder.
Camelot rip off merchants on 13:54 - Jul 17 with 6180 viewsrichpr

try the 49's in the bookies - no charity here but better chance / payout
Camelot rip off merchants on 19:29 - Jul 17 with 6041 viewsMancR

But going back to loft boy's opening thread, he's right 4 numbers on Wednesday paid £21, while 3 got you £25!?!?! How on earth can that be possible. A £2 stake, 4 numbers out of 6 gets you £21_ that's flipping insane!
Camelot rip off merchants on 09:30 - Jul 18 with 5796 viewsbaz_qpr

You would have more chance doing some crazy Accas with the bookies and more fun too
Camelot rip off merchants on 09:31 - Jul 18 with 5792 viewsBlackCrowe

I got given 50 £1 scratchcards for my 50th. Won £27.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Camelot rip off merchants on 00:37 - Jul 19 with 5613 viewsplymhoop

totally agree
doubling the price was bad enuff
reducing the prize money even more scandalous
and now 59 numbers

i had 5 numbers once and it wasnt even a grand !
that was before the price doubled
must have been a week of high winners
just my luck

when it goes to 59 numbers will stop buying
but will buy the occaisional health lottery
or euro zillions

will stick to losing money on football bets lol

cooky from plymouth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024