Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
rob green 10:52 - Aug 14 with 17746 viewsbrad

it looks like rob green will be leaving for west ham,who do we get now?
rob green on 12:41 - Aug 14 with 3356 viewstimcocking

Christalbloodymighty. Why didn't they play our younger, better, more valuable keeper last season? This is turning out to be another fine mess we've been gotten into. What's the odds on losing Charlie and Rob Green on deadline day and getting no replacements in?

Off for a cleansing ale or two...
rob green on 12:59 - Aug 14 with 3277 viewsadhoc_qpr

rob green on 12:41 - Aug 14 by timcocking

Christalbloodymighty. Why didn't they play our younger, better, more valuable keeper last season? This is turning out to be another fine mess we've been gotten into. What's the odds on losing Charlie and Rob Green on deadline day and getting no replacements in?

Off for a cleansing ale or two...

At least we can still loan in replacements when that happens i guess.
rob green on 13:06 - Aug 14 with 3244 viewswhittocksRs

Big mistake not giving McCarthy the assurances he wanted. Could be a crucial mistake if we can't get Bentley in.
rob green on 13:13 - Aug 14 with 3211 viewskensalriser

'Hey Alex, it's Chris Ramsey here'

'Sorry, who's that?'

'Chris Ramsey, your manager at Queens Park Rangers Football Club'

'Oh yeah, that's it. How are you Chris? Long time'

'I have some great news. I'm making you number 1'

'That's very nice of you, thanks. But QPR are in the Championship now, right?'

'Yes, and with your help we can make a bid for promotion and get you back where you belong'

'Well actually Crystal Palace would like to sign me. They're a Premier League team'

'But you'll be number 1 here at QPR Alex'

'I think I'll take my chances in the premier league thanks all the same Chris, no offence'

'Oh bother'

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

rob green on 13:17 - Aug 14 with 3184 viewsTheBlob

Wouldn't mind Boaz Myhill if Bentley a no go.Reading were looking at the guy,very competent keeper and still youngish at 32.West Brom may not sell until the Foster injury is addressed.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

rob green on 13:17 - Aug 14 with 3185 viewsBluce_Ree

1. F*CK YOU ALL.

2. I almost hope he does leave. You plebs don't deserve the Kingness. Enjoy watching some hapless Huddersfield c*nt do f*ck all while King Green is being some Prem shite's player of the decade.

3. I'm going to kill myself and then all of you. In that order.

4. Piss.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

rob green on 13:26 - Aug 14 with 3156 viewsAgedR

The ideal scenario would be to keep Green and sign another keeper to bring on for those tricky near post shots

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

rob green on 13:27 - Aug 14 with 3146 viewsTheBlob

rob green on 13:17 - Aug 14 by TheBlob

Wouldn't mind Boaz Myhill if Bentley a no go.Reading were looking at the guy,very competent keeper and still youngish at 32.West Brom may not sell until the Foster injury is addressed.

Then goes and signs a new twoyear contract.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

rob green on 13:30 - Aug 14 with 3128 viewsQPunkR

rob green on 13:26 - Aug 14 by AgedR

The ideal scenario would be to keep Green and sign another keeper to bring on for those tricky near post shots

QPR - "shit but local"

rob green on 13:31 - Aug 14 with 3126 viewsSimonJames

rob green on 13:17 - Aug 14 by Bluce_Ree

1. F*CK YOU ALL.

2. I almost hope he does leave. You plebs don't deserve the Kingness. Enjoy watching some hapless Huddersfield c*nt do f*ck all while King Green is being some Prem shite's player of the decade.

3. I'm going to kill myself and then all of you. In that order.

4. Piss.

100% of people who drink water will die.

rob green on 13:34 - Aug 14 with 3094 viewsrichpr

Why can't we keep him to his contract - or are WH offering millions for him??
rob green on 13:44 - Aug 14 with 3032 viewsTripper

Ok, so a few years ago West Ham had a wage they were prepared to pay him to retain him as number one goalkeeper, he refused the offer and we paid him bundles more to join us.

Skip forward a few years and West Ham are now prepared to pay the salary they previouly refused to pay him but this time with a view to him being second choice keeper.

Just can't see that happening.
rob green on 13:53 - Aug 14 with 3002 viewsNorthernr

rob green on 13:44 - Aug 14 by Tripper

Ok, so a few years ago West Ham had a wage they were prepared to pay him to retain him as number one goalkeeper, he refused the offer and we paid him bundles more to join us.

Skip forward a few years and West Ham are now prepared to pay the salary they previouly refused to pay him but this time with a view to him being second choice keeper.

Just can't see that happening.

Well 1 the TV money has increased since then and 2 Green has since renewed his contract at QPR on reduced terms .
rob green on 14:02 - Aug 14 with 2959 viewsbaz_qpr

rob green on 12:07 - Aug 14 by Northernr

With the FFP thing I think we have to sell to buy, that was the impression I got from the CEO last week anyway.

Have we not sold already "Mcarthy" that is and surely we can class Bentley as a replacement and then if Green goes he goes
rob green on 14:07 - Aug 14 with 2938 viewsJamie

rob green on 14:02 - Aug 14 by baz_qpr

Have we not sold already "Mcarthy" that is and surely we can class Bentley as a replacement and then if Green goes he goes

The McCarthy money has gone on Perch, Koncheskey, Hall & Ream.
rob green on 14:59 - Aug 14 with 2740 viewsstrikerace

Green is a very good goal keeper. He won, or kept us in, many games last year. Our defense was horrible, put him on a team with an average PL defense and he'd be lights out. All the people complaining about him will miss him once he's gone.
rob green on 15:06 - Aug 14 with 2709 viewsNorthernr

rob green on 14:02 - Aug 14 by baz_qpr

What Jamie said.
rob green on 15:12 - Aug 14 with 2666 viewssimmo

rob green on 14:59 - Aug 14 by strikerace

Green is a very good goal keeper. He won, or kept us in, many games last year. Our defense was horrible, put him on a team with an average PL defense and he'd be lights out. All the people complaining about him will miss him once he's gone.

Funnily enough I think Green is better in a poor Prem team than a Championship one. He's a great shot stopper generally, and despite assumptions he communicates very well, but I think he's too indecisive and mentally fragile to really take charge in those 50/50 situations. When it comes to coming for crosses, or leaving his line when the ball is in that no mans land between him and defence. I think he hesitates or rushes it leading to problems.

Also, his kicking and distribution generally is woeful. He's more than good enough for us in our situation (if not MASSIVELY overpaid), but as above I would rather find a younger, hungrier keeper on a fraction of the wages than keep him for this year and beyond, especially if we can actually get a fee for him

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

rob green on 15:47 - Aug 14 with 2584 viewsBluce_Ree

Totally. QPR should definitely strip out proven talent for younger, hungrier players across the board. In fact, if we can just find 20 or so really talented young players who are all QPR fans and have somehow not been noticed by scouts from the other 91 professional clubs out there and don't mind playing for less wages because they just love the game, then we are sorted!

And then we just have to replace the 18,000 fans who'll turn on them the second they make a mistake. Brill.

My enthusiasm for the game is back!

rob green on 15:49 - Aug 14 with 2576 viewsPommyhoop

3rd bid in for Bentley.
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/13598244.QPR_s_latest_bid_for_Daniel_Bentley_is

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

rob green on 15:50 - Aug 14 with 2574 viewsjoolsyp

rob green on 13:30 - Aug 14 by QPunkR

And to do his kicking for him. American football stylee ...
rob green on 15:53 - Aug 14 with 2556 viewssimmo

rob green on 15:47 - Aug 14 by Bluce_Ree

Totally. QPR should definitely strip out proven talent for younger, hungrier players across the board. In fact, if we can just find 20 or so really talented young players who are all QPR fans and have somehow not been noticed by scouts from the other 91 professional clubs out there and don't mind playing for less wages because they just love the game, then we are sorted!

And then we just have to replace the 18,000 fans who'll turn on them the second they make a mistake. Brill.

My enthusiasm for the game is back!

He's on massive massive wages, Bluce. Do you really think he deserves 2-3 times as much as other potentially good keepers w could get?

To you he's proven quality, to me he's proven average. The only thing for definite is that he's running out of contract and he is one of our top earners.

rob green on 15:59 - Aug 14 with 2525 viewsAntti_Heinola

Think we'll get Bentley. For all the flak the club has had about not signing players quickly enough, every name we've been solidly linked with we've signed, I think. And normally quickly, not protracted over weeks and weeks as in previous years. Bentley is the one taking longest and even that is probably, as Jamie suggests, down to us scraping together funds.

Bare bones.

rob green on 16:08 - Aug 14 with 2487 viewsBluce_Ree

rob green on 15:53 - Aug 14 by simmo

He's on massive massive wages, Bluce. Do you really think he deserves 2-3 times as much as other potentially good keepers w could get?

To you he's proven quality, to me he's proven average. The only thing for definite is that he's running out of contract and he is one of our top earners.

We're fans not accountants though, man. What do we care if he's getting paid big wages?

Look. If we were super-financially f*cked QPR from the Noughties, then yeah I'd be sick about us paying MAD CASH to anyone. But, we're sort of alright at the moment. There's no ABC loan or threat of admin right now. I'm not saying we should spunk cash everywhere but we're still allowed nice things. I mean we made silly money from the Prem last year.

Of all the players we've paid big contracts to, Green is the one I least resent. Most of them are gone now. He's done really well for us under ridiculously tough circumstances. When he makes a mistake, there's mad hate for him but when Austin takes the world's worst penalty when we are just about ready to suck league points out of a tramp's cock, the fans bum him clean off!

And even if we are paying him crazy wages, by the time we pay a transfer fee and wages for some other guy, how much are we really saving?

For as much as we've dicked Green around with the Cesar situation, he's only ever shown commitment. And every other keeper on this Earth makes mistakes. It's just lucky for them that they didn't do it for England.

rob green on 16:36 - Aug 14 with 2416 viewssimmo

rob green on 16:08 - Aug 14 by Bluce_Ree

We're fans not accountants though, man. What do we care if he's getting paid big wages?

Look. If we were super-financially f*cked QPR from the Noughties, then yeah I'd be sick about us paying MAD CASH to anyone. But, we're sort of alright at the moment. There's no ABC loan or threat of admin right now. I'm not saying we should spunk cash everywhere but we're still allowed nice things. I mean we made silly money from the Prem last year.

Of all the players we've paid big contracts to, Green is the one I least resent. Most of them are gone now. He's done really well for us under ridiculously tough circumstances. When he makes a mistake, there's mad hate for him but when Austin takes the world's worst penalty when we are just about ready to suck league points out of a tramp's cock, the fans bum him clean off!

And even if we are paying him crazy wages, by the time we pay a transfer fee and wages for some other guy, how much are we really saving?

For as much as we've dicked Green around with the Cesar situation, he's only ever shown commitment. And every other keeper on this Earth makes mistakes. It's just lucky for them that they didn't do it for England.

The way he reacted after the Cesar situation and came back from that to repay the club with good performances, is worth noting. But my point is not that he's on big wages in comparison to others, it's in relation to worth in comparison to alternatives - and I don't really rate him. I also don't think he stuck around during that Cesar era because he wanted to be commited, more so that he couldn't get half of what he is on with us from someone else.

Austin had quiet games and missed a few penalites, but without his goals we would have got about 6 points last season, Green doesn't have the credit in the bank to counter the amount of times he sticks to his line when the ball is played behind defenders, or when he lets another daisy cutter beat himat his near post.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024