Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
rob green 10:52 - Aug 14 with 17742 viewsbrad

it looks like rob green will be leaving for west ham,who do we get now?
rob green on 16:52 - Aug 14 with 3584 viewsonlyrinmoray

rob green on 14:59 - Aug 14 by strikerace

Green is a very good goal keeper. He won, or kept us in, many games last year. Our defense was horrible, put him on a team with an average PL defense and he'd be lights out. All the people complaining about him will miss him once he's gone.

Agree..hes made a few blunders but has perfomed miracles in a lot of games ,he had to behind that defence . Even against Yeovil he produced a couple of excellent saves
All keepers make mistakes even the new signing will do
Seems we are in the minority though He and Charlie were the only two who performed last season Clive gave him a B if I remember in the review Some people are never happy
rob green on 16:56 - Aug 14 with 3556 viewsJamie

rob green on 16:08 - Aug 14 by Bluce_Ree

We're fans not accountants though, man. What do we care if he's getting paid big wages?

Look. If we were super-financially f*cked QPR from the Noughties, then yeah I'd be sick about us paying MAD CASH to anyone. But, we're sort of alright at the moment. There's no ABC loan or threat of admin right now. I'm not saying we should spunk cash everywhere but we're still allowed nice things. I mean we made silly money from the Prem last year.

Of all the players we've paid big contracts to, Green is the one I least resent. Most of them are gone now. He's done really well for us under ridiculously tough circumstances. When he makes a mistake, there's mad hate for him but when Austin takes the world's worst penalty when we are just about ready to suck league points out of a tramp's cock, the fans bum him clean off!

And even if we are paying him crazy wages, by the time we pay a transfer fee and wages for some other guy, how much are we really saving?

For as much as we've dicked Green around with the Cesar situation, he's only ever shown commitment. And every other keeper on this Earth makes mistakes. It's just lucky for them that they didn't do it for England.

As per the last accounts, we were £205m in debt, and now being 'run' by the son of a Malaysian Port Operator & Pencilmaker.

If that's 'kind of ok" financially, I'd hate to see what constitutes as being fcked.

If we were to sign Bentley at the figures being mentioned, and move Green on, we would probably only save £1m financially, but we would be moving on a goalkeeper coming to the end of his career and investing in one just starting his career.
rob green on 18:00 - Aug 14 with 3410 viewsTW_R

I think we should get rid of Bentley immediately, today. This will save a lot of the bullshit we're going to get on here when he makes a mistake in the future and it will also remove any need for booing him if he has the audacity to pick up his wages while sitting on the bench at any point.
rob green on 19:43 - Aug 14 with 3234 viewsBluce_Ree

rob green on 16:56 - Aug 14 by Jamie

As per the last accounts, we were £205m in debt, and now being 'run' by the son of a Malaysian Port Operator & Pencilmaker.

If that's 'kind of ok" financially, I'd hate to see what constitutes as being fcked.

If we were to sign Bentley at the figures being mentioned, and move Green on, we would probably only save £1m financially, but we would be moving on a goalkeeper coming to the end of his career and investing in one just starting his career.

205 million, eh? Oh well. Might as well wrap the whole thing up then.

Green is proven and still has some years left. Everyone is acting like the next keeper will be just as good, if not better. Forgetting that as a club we've had more bad keepers than good.

Sorry, but not one person has made any sense when they talk about Green leaving being a good thing. Literally everything Ive read on the subject has been shit. I may write a load of dumb shit on here just for my own amusement but this anti-Green stuff is bullshit and more tedious than all that Taarabt shit we used to talk about.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

rob green on 19:52 - Aug 14 with 3205 views2Thomas2Bowles

rob green on 19:43 - Aug 14 by Bluce_Ree

Green is proven and still has some years left. Everyone is acting like the next keeper will be just as good, if not better. Forgetting that as a club we've had more bad keepers than good.

Sorry, but not one person has made any sense when they talk about Green leaving being a good thing. Literally everything Ive read on the subject has been shit. I may write a load of dumb shit on here just for my own amusement but this anti-Green stuff is bullshit and more tedious than all that Taarabt shit we used to talk about.

Agree, some right old cobblers being said about Green, I hope he stays.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

rob green on 20:15 - Aug 14 with 3151 viewsbrad

i think after all the rubbish green had to put up with the ceasar situation,hes never moaned and got on with the job at loftus road,outstanding with dunne in the playoff finals,i have great repect for him,but if he goes to west ham,who do we get?or do we keep him
rob green on 20:21 - Aug 14 with 3131 viewsJamie

rob green on 20:15 - Aug 14 by brad

i think after all the rubbish green had to put up with the ceasar situation,hes never moaned and got on with the job at loftus road,outstanding with dunne in the playoff finals,i have great repect for him,but if he goes to west ham,who do we get?or do we keep him

He's already being replaced with Daniel Bentley from Southend. Merely a question of whether he stays and is eased out of the team, or leaves and we can go straight to Bentley.
rob green on 20:49 - Aug 14 with 3078 viewsElHoop

rob green on 19:52 - Aug 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Agree, some right old cobblers being said about Green, I hope he stays.

There's some right old cobblers being said about Green AND Austin, and they like to repeat it again and again and again, so presumably they're trying to convince themselves let alone anyone else. Both of course will start tomorrow and you'd expect both to perform.
Login to get fewer ads

rob green on 21:02 - Aug 14 with 3049 viewsDorse

He's going to go at some point - might as well be now while we might get a few quid for him. Sorry Bluce. It's over.

'If you leave me now, you take away the very heart of me. Oooooooooooh no, baby, Green don't go...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

rob green on 21:21 - Aug 14 with 2994 viewseccles

there may be better goalkeepers in this division, but not many. Green will be in the top three keepers in the championship this season. Why would any of you lot want to get rid of one of the better players in his position and try somebody else?
Unless we are really sure of the lad from Southend, or we are left with no other option if Rob semi-retires back to the prem, then I think Rob should stay with us at least for one more season.
rob green on 21:27 - Aug 14 with 2973 viewsQPRinCT

rob green on 11:49 - Aug 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Dare I say it? Green is no big loss. Sorry Bluce.

The fuss over him has always baffled me. Poor kicking, poor distribution, poor timing when coming off his line.

Great shot stopper, but isn't that the basic for a goalkeeper? Every keeper from Fraser Digby to Radek Cerny could do that.

My missus loves him. Sadly I look more like Paddy Kenny.

Anyone see RG's muffed kick on Monday? Scary
rob green on 21:34 - Aug 14 with 2944 viewsdavman

rob green on 11:40 - Aug 14 by gigiisourgod

Think the relegation clause meant McCarthy situation was out of our control. Agree regarding Green. Let him move on and plan for the future. My opinion on RG now incidently is exactly the same opinion of him I had when he signed: a quality keeper but one that can not be trusted and will let you down when you need him the most. Perhaps unfair but he will not be remembered fondly by me despite being a consistently good performer.

If we wanted to make him no. 1, we could have courted him over the summer, giving him a new contract, removing the release clause and making it clear he was our no. 1. Then PalARSE wouldn't have even thought of tempting him away...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

rob green on 22:31 - Aug 14 with 2835 viewsMetallica_Hoop

On his day England class but not the future.

However he is by miles the best keeper I've seen play for Rangers since Jan Stejskal.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

rob green on 22:56 - Aug 14 with 2769 viewsBluce_Ree

rob green on 22:31 - Aug 14 by Metallica_Hoop

On his day England class but not the future.

However he is by miles the best keeper I've seen play for Rangers since Jan Stejskal.

But we are playing in the present.

rob green on 23:11 - Aug 14 with 2731 viewsMetallica_Hoop

rob green on 22:56 - Aug 14 by Bluce_Ree

I'm happy with him in goal he's the best keeper in our league.

If he goes though I'd like to see a young keeper in goal.

Who will get better (in theory but it's us so maybe not)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

rob green on 23:29 - Aug 14 with 2676 viewsMatch82

rob green on 21:34 - Aug 14 by davman

If we wanted to make him no. 1, we could have courted him over the summer, giving him a new contract, removing the release clause and making it clear he was our no. 1. Then PalARSE wouldn't have even thought of tempting him away...

If he had signed the new contract...
I doubt many players who ask for a relegation clause are happy to sign a new contract after relegation which removes this clause, unless they get a substantial raise. Which defeats the point of what we're trying to do
rob green on 01:26 - Aug 15 with 2559 viewsPunteR

I don't get all this talk about McCarthy being our future keeper. He obviously doesn't /didn't give a flying f*k about our future.
Green has been a reliable, loyal player wherever his gone. So much so West Ham are trying to get him back apparently. Ask Norwich,hammers fans ,we've got a good professional international keeper. The bloke is sound as a pound.
No way would a keeper like Radek cerny pull out that performance at Wembley . Ask Paul Barron.
McCarthy was absolute pony when he got his chance.
All this talk about money is bollox as well. He's on good money cos he's a good keeper. If we pay cheaper for a keeper its because he's not as good. Its a difficult concept for us to grasp because of the rubbish we have bought but in my opinion Green is one of the good ones.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

rob green on 07:56 - Aug 15 with 2445 viewsdavman

rob green on 23:29 - Aug 14 by Match82

If he had signed the new contract...
I doubt many players who ask for a relegation clause are happy to sign a new contract after relegation which removes this clause, unless they get a substantial raise. Which defeats the point of what we're trying to do

True, but if he didn't sign, then we'd have known early doors that he was going and started to prepare then.

Who knows ANYTHING about Rangers these days? Still no idea whether any of this will work out or not...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

rob green on 10:19 - Aug 15 with 2359 viewsQPunkR

rob green on 19:43 - Aug 14 by Bluce_Ree

Gotta respect your mad man love for Green, curious as it is

QPR - "shit but local"

rob green on 10:47 - Aug 15 with 2299 viewsSpiritofGregory

Green has played the game beautifully. He somehow managed to establish himself as the no1 keeper at QPR when another club would have had one eye on the future and had already established someone else to take his place. This short sightedness led to the McCarthy situation. Green knows he is not likely to get a new deal at QPR but he now has the opportunity to hedge his bets. Any decent replacement goalie is not going to be cheap. If West Ham offer him more than a one year deal, some playing time and the same or better wages he'll jump ship. Green has always been shrewd when it comes to money, he has run down his contract on a couple of occasions, in order to gain higher wages. Just because Chelsea came knocking doesn't mean they offered him a better deal they probably thought that being part of a club that has a chance of winning titles would be enough. No chance, Green is all about the money.

He is in a win win situation and has us now in a panic which will increase the fee of a replacement. We need to be smarter and more cunning in future.
rob green on 11:09 - Aug 15 with 2245 viewsSpiritofGregory

rob green on 18:00 - Aug 14 by TW_R

I think we should get rid of Bentley immediately, today. This will save a lot of the bullshit we're going to get on here when he makes a mistake in the future and it will also remove any need for booing him if he has the audacity to pick up his wages while sitting on the bench at any point.

Southend don't need to sell, we are starting to panic the fee will increase.
rob green on 11:49 - Aug 15 with 2196 viewsBenny_the_Ball

rob green on 16:52 - Aug 14 by onlyrinmoray

Agree..hes made a few blunders but has perfomed miracles in a lot of games ,he had to behind that defence . Even against Yeovil he produced a couple of excellent saves
All keepers make mistakes even the new signing will do
Seems we are in the minority though He and Charlie were the only two who performed last season Clive gave him a B if I remember in the review Some people are never happy

Well if Clive gave him a B then who are we to argue. We had a decent replacement on our books but didn't do enough to integrate him into the first team. He's now playing Premier League football and we're desperately scrambling around for a replacement.
rob green on 12:39 - Aug 15 with 2157 viewsBluce_Ree

rob green on 11:49 - Aug 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Well if Clive gave him a B then who are we to argue. We had a decent replacement on our books but didn't do enough to integrate him into the first team. He's now playing Premier League football and we're desperately scrambling around for a replacement.

"No chance, Green is all about the money. "

Classic SoG.

It's like you are cursed.

rob green on 12:43 - Aug 15 with 2143 viewsJamie

rob green on 22:56 - Aug 14 by Bluce_Ree

And have been for the past 20 years, which is why we are completely fcked and losing to Charlton, whilst Swansea have a fortune in the bank and taking a point from Stamford Bridge.

But as long as we can keep paying Rob Green £50k a week into his pension pot..
rob green on 13:11 - Aug 15 with 2113 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

rob green on 12:39 - Aug 15 by Bluce_Ree

"No chance, Green is all about the money. "

Classic SoG.

It's like you are cursed.

Multiple personality disorder is a sort of curse.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2015 13:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024