Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem 17:35 - Nov 17 with 4754 viewsHayesender

This could be a hell of a racket

Poll: Shamima Beghum

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 17:38 - Nov 17 with 3698 viewsWeaverQPR

Daft idea. Why not turn up wearing a beret and onions instead?

@WeavQPR

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 17:41 - Nov 17 with 3698 viewsDorse

Here are the words:

'Da da da da da da da daaaaa da da
Da da da da da daaaa da da daaaa
Dum di dum dum dum dum di dum dum
Dee de de de de di di de dee
Di di di di di de deee...'

Obviously this is a very rough translation.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 17:42 - Nov 17 with 3690 viewsHayesender

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 17:41 - Nov 17 by Dorse

Here are the words:

'Da da da da da da da daaaaa da da
Da da da da da daaaa da da daaaa
Dum di dum dum dum dum di dum dum
Dee de de de de di di de dee
Di di di di di de deee...'

Obviously this is a very rough translation.

You missed out a dee dum

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 17:55 - Nov 17 with 3649 viewsGloucs_R

Should have just sung Victoire for 2 mins, everyone can do that.

Poll: Are we staying up?

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 18:08 - Nov 17 with 3625 viewsRunner14

It will be a fantastic gesture of solidarity . Looking forward to our boys' version.

Might not be quite as good as this one though.

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 18:12 - Nov 17 with 3618 viewsQPR1882

Just applaud when the French national anthem starts and caring on until it ends, no need to try and sing it.
England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 18:17 - Nov 17 with 3608 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was at an Ireland v France game at the SdF in 2004.

Half the ground was Irish and as far as I could tell, didn't really know the national anthem. The other half was French and they can be a little, dismissive.

There was however, some unity during the chorus, when 35,000 Irish fans joined in with 'Oh ahh Cantona'.

I suspect we might find the same tactic works tonight.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 18:34 - Nov 17 with 3575 viewsHayesender

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 17:55 - Nov 17 by Gloucs_R

Should have just sung Victoire for 2 mins, everyone can do that.

Something like this

Login to get fewer ads

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 18:37 - Nov 17 with 3569 viewsDorse

I think our boys should do their anthem through the medium of interpretive dance.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 18:57 - Nov 17 with 3526 viewsMrSheen

Could they change it to Frere Jacques for the evening?
England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:09 - Nov 17 with 3502 viewsMatch82

Fact: it's scientifically impossible for an Englishman to sing the French national anthem without it turning into "All you need is love" after the first few bars
England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:20 - Nov 17 with 3472 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:32 - Nov 17 with 3443 viewsderbyhoop

Knowing how poor we are at languages this has all the makings of a disaster.

I think this week is the first time I've ever seen the words. A bit of a call to arms, mes amis. Bonne chance a tous.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:42 - Nov 17 with 3423 viewsscot1963

I was trying to remember what the words are as well when they said the English fans would sing it and I couldn't think I'd ever known or seen them before either. If they put it up on a big screen I could give it a good go as I can read French but if it was anyone who doesn't have a smattering of French I can see it being a sort of Joey from Friends effort like my kids do when they try French
England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:48 - Nov 17 with 3395 viewsdaveB

I hope it happens, a really nice idea
England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:50 - Nov 17 with 3385 viewsHollowayRanger

WHo s the English born irish player who was picked to play for Ireland and said that national anthem was terrible only to be told that's ours!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:51 - Nov 17 with 3384 viewsjonno

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:48 - Nov 17 by daveB

I hope it happens, a really nice idea

Our players struggle to sing the words of our own anthem let alone another country's.
England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:55 - Nov 17 with 3371 viewsCiderwithRsie

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:42 - Nov 17 by scot1963

I was trying to remember what the words are as well when they said the English fans would sing it and I couldn't think I'd ever known or seen them before either. If they put it up on a big screen I could give it a good go as I can read French but if it was anyone who doesn't have a smattering of French I can see it being a sort of Joey from Friends effort like my kids do when they try French

I believe that's what they propose to do.
England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:03 - Nov 17 with 3355 viewsderbyhoop

Just for anybody who wants them

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé !
Contre nous de la tyrannie,
L'étendard sanglant est levé,
Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats ?
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes !

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons,
Marchons, marchons
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons !

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:06 - Nov 17 with 3347 viewsjohncharles

Went off very well. Most people, both English and French, were too emotional to sing.

Strong and stable my arse.

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:13 - Nov 17 with 3314 viewshoopstilidie

Looking at the solidarity at Wembley in the wake of the attacks in Paris by those Syrian based neanderthals and I can't help thinking it's such a shame John Terry isn't there tonight.
In Syria, I mean.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:14 - Nov 17 with 3316 viewsHayesender

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 19:50 - Nov 17 by HollowayRanger

WHo s the English born irish player who was picked to play for Ireland and said that national anthem was terrible only to be told that's ours!!!!

Jason McAteer

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:21 - Nov 17 with 3281 viewsPommyhoop

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:14 - Nov 17 by Hayesender

Jason McAteer

I thought our very own Terry Mancini said it years ago
Didnt he ask Don Givens in the line up?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:27 - Nov 17 with 3254 viewsHayesender

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:21 - Nov 17 by Pommyhoop

I thought our very own Terry Mancini said it years ago
Didnt he ask Don Givens in the line up?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jason McAteer didn't have a clue what anthem was being played, and was told to "shut up, it's ours".

Of course I may be talking bollox and you're correct

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:41 - Nov 17 with 3223 viewsDWQPR

England fans (trying) to sing the French anthem on 20:27 - Nov 17 by Hayesender

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jason McAteer didn't have a clue what anthem was being played, and was told to "shut up, it's ours".

Of course I may be talking bollox and you're correct

It was most definitely 'Henry'. Asked Givens when the Irish anthem was going to be played and was told to belt up as the one being played was the Irish anthem! Great player and great haircut!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024