Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polter 19:12 - Jan 1 with 12594 viewsGloucs_R

Worked hard today, made his own goal and was clearly worked up after he had scored. It was a great header, reminded me of Les. (The header, not him!!)

I wish people would give him a break, he isnt the next Austin but then again who is!?!? Austin should be at at Top 8 Prem club.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 19:35]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Polter on 19:14 - Jan 1 with 8207 viewsitsbiga

I like the lad

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Polter on 19:14 - Jan 1 with 8188 viewskropotkin41

Fair play to the lad! I'll take whatever potential heroes are on offer. You never know, he might be the one to help us avoid relegation.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Polter on 19:14 - Jan 1 with 8184 viewsFredManRave

Agreed. He does exactly what is says on the tin, so to speak.

Definitely one of the better players on the pitch today.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Polter on 19:18 - Jan 1 with 8133 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Polter on 19:14 - Jan 1 by FredManRave

Agreed. He does exactly what is says on the tin, so to speak.

Definitely one of the better players on the pitch today.

To be honest i thought he was very poor up until the goal. Maguire utterly bossed him but fairplay he never gave up and a great lay off and finish. There is definately something about him to be that ineffective but not give up and set up a classic strikers goal.
Polter on 19:19 - Jan 1 with 8094 viewsQPRDave

Tried hard, but isn't Championship level.
Polter on 19:19 - Jan 1 with 8094 viewsBrazilNutR

It was a proper goal that... he started and finished it. He worked hard, occasionally his touch lets him down, but can't fault the effort and he caused them problems and won us several free kicks in dangerous areas. Real shame it was all for nothing..
Polter on 19:20 - Jan 1 with 8083 viewshorshamHoop

Good to see some trying to be positive on what was a very poor team performance, I was there on Monday and believe me that was much worse than today.

I think the jury is still out on Poulter as he definitely needs time to adjust to this league and get much more game time.

His lay off and finish were fantastic today but there was also a lot of poor play.

It is a difficult call now whether we should pick him ahead of Charlie as we are no way either good enough or going to get anywhere near the play offs and Charlie will be gone by the summer - maybe need to look to next season already and see if Poulter is the answer
Polter on 19:23 - Jan 1 with 8034 viewsjonno

Conference standard at best I'm afraid. Great that he scored but that says more about Hull's central defenders not marking him really. Needs to put in a lot of work on his game.
Login to get fewer ads

Polter on 19:26 - Jan 1 with 7995 viewsGloucs_R

Polter on 19:23 - Jan 1 by jonno

Conference standard at best I'm afraid. Great that he scored but that says more about Hull's central defenders not marking him really. Needs to put in a lot of work on his game.

Rubbish, you obviously havent seen Conference football!!

Yes, he does need to work on his play but his service was atrocious today. I'm not saying he is the bllx, far from it, but at least he put a shift in today.....unlike the midfield which was dire.

Polter on 19:27 - Jan 1 with 7978 viewsElHoop

Polter on 19:20 - Jan 1 by horshamHoop

Good to see some trying to be positive on what was a very poor team performance, I was there on Monday and believe me that was much worse than today.

I think the jury is still out on Poulter as he definitely needs time to adjust to this league and get much more game time.

His lay off and finish were fantastic today but there was also a lot of poor play.

It is a difficult call now whether we should pick him ahead of Charlie as we are no way either good enough or going to get anywhere near the play offs and Charlie will be gone by the summer - maybe need to look to next season already and see if Poulter is the answer

Yes that's how I see it. If we can't go up or down then what's the point of putting Charlie in ahead of Polter? Well the point would be to play your best players to entertain the fans - but would the fans prefer to see us building for next season? That will be a difficult choice to make. But Charlie is taking a gamble if he expects us to let him go for nothing and at the same time give him the opportunities to enhance his value to himself.
Polter on 19:28 - Jan 1 with 7946 viewsvegasranger

He did very well to set up Phillips and it was a good header.. He doesn't hide but he really isn't Championship standard.
Polter on 19:29 - Jan 1 with 7915 viewsYorkRanger

Polter on 19:26 - Jan 1 by Gloucs_R

Rubbish, you obviously havent seen Conference football!!

Yes, he does need to work on his play but his service was atrocious today. I'm not saying he is the bllx, far from it, but at least he put a shift in today.....unlike the midfield which was dire.

Agreed. He had scraps the whole game but worked hard. Clearly needs to improve but at least he gives a sh1t. Excellent goal
Polter on 19:30 - Jan 1 with 7900 viewsGloucs_R

Polter on 19:28 - Jan 1 by vegasranger

He did very well to set up Phillips and it was a good header.. He doesn't hide but he really isn't Championship standard.

He is Championship level.....mid to lower table Championship, which is exactly what we are.

Got to remember he is 3rd choice for us after Austin and Mackie.

Polter on 19:34 - Jan 1 with 7856 viewsCHUBBS

Great goal today but he's an average all round player,at least he tries his best which is more than can be said for a few others.
Polter on 19:39 - Jan 1 with 7809 viewsBklynRanger

There were 4 or 5 occasions where he brought the ball down well with a very deft touch. But there was never enough movement around him. He's obviously not at Austin's level but not many are.
Polter on 20:00 - Jan 1 with 7687 viewsderbyhoop

Another Ainsworth.

9/10 for effort
4/10 for quality

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Polter on 20:30 - Jan 1 with 7599 viewsActonOccident

Two goals scored and one set up in the space of two weeks. Makes those games Phillips started as the lone striker look that much more ridiculous.

The Inquisition are watching him closely though. Constantly harangued by a couple of people around me, and his ugly style of play makes him an easy target. His party trick of receiving the ball back to goal mid-scuffle, twisting to his right and knocking the ball forward in the hope of out-muscling the defender could grow pretty frustrating, but half the time there's no-one to pass it to anyway.
Polter on 20:39 - Jan 1 with 7529 viewskensalriser

Don't know about Conference, but he's not Championship standard. I think the goal was the first header he'd won all afternoon. JET is a far better player so god knows what he's screwing up by being behind Polter.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Polter on 20:41 - Jan 1 with 7505 viewsjohncharles

He got a lot of free kicks off a mean referee showing that Hull had to foul him to get the ball off him.
He's scoring goals for us, no one else. We should be cheering him.

Strong and stable my arse.

Polter on 20:42 - Jan 1 with 7494 viewsWeaverQPR

Reminds me a bit of Nygaard

@WeavQPR

Polter on 20:44 - Jan 1 with 7474 viewsTacticalR

Polter on 19:18 - Jan 1 by oldmeadoniansR

To be honest i thought he was very poor up until the goal. Maguire utterly bossed him but fairplay he never gave up and a great lay off and finish. There is definately something about him to be that ineffective but not give up and set up a classic strikers goal.

Agreed. Maguire had him in his pocket most of the game so he did well to get a goal.

Air hostess clique

Polter on 20:50 - Jan 1 with 7455 viewsingeminate

Polter on 20:44 - Jan 1 by TacticalR

Agreed. Maguire had him in his pocket most of the game so he did well to get a goal.

He's not the best, but reckon his game time against assists and now goals stands up. That's what decides if he's championship standard or not.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Polter on 07:50 - Jan 2 with 7251 viewsGloucs_R

Polter on 20:42 - Jan 1 by WeaverQPR

Reminds me a bit of Nygaard

Agreed. Won't be prolific but a will be a nuisance.

Polter on 08:47 - Jan 2 with 7165 viewsdaveB

I thought he did well yesterday, he has a lot of flaws in his game and is very raw but works hard and took his goal well.
Polter on 09:21 - Jan 2 with 7117 viewsTheBlob

He's got 2 in 2 with some pretty appalling service,he's a battering ram not Jessica F*cking Ennis,chuck the ball over once in a while godammit.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 9:22]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024