Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your local pub 19:46 - Jan 2 with 34039 viewsBlackCrowe

Not necessarily your favourite but your local. Describe.

Me? The Boaters Inn, Kingston. Good guest ales, great spot on the river. Excellent in Summer but lacks soul in Winter - lighting too bright, too much space given to non-existant diners. If I owned it, things would change.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Your local pub on 19:48 - Jan 2 with 16350 viewsFredManRave

What's the roof like?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Your local pub on 19:59 - Jan 2 with 16325 viewsqprxtc

The Pavilion, Wood Lane/North Pole Road.

Big pub, decent beer, smelly loos. Best thing is that it's still there. Just about the last 'old fashioned' boozer left around here. 100% Rangers too. Long may it last.
Your local pub on 20:06 - Jan 2 with 16305 viewsstowmarketrange

The only pub in my village turned into a Mexican shop about 2 years ago.At least we're never short of where to go to get a sombrero and a poncho.
Our next nearest is 4 1/2 miles away and its a bit too far to walk home from.
Your local pub on 20:50 - Jan 2 with 16225 viewspaulparker

I have 2 that i frequent on a regular basis in Northampton

The Malt Shovel , does Kwaak, Leffe, Timmermans ,bacchus on draft as well as 9 Ales, they have 50 malts behind the bar as well, and also serves Bottles of Grimbegen,Duvall,Erdinger and tons of other Belgium beers, it doesn't have a jukebox, no TV(only for special rugby games will the landlord get it out ), its a drinkers pub only, once your in there you cant get out, it a real winter pub

http://maltshoveltavern.com/

the other is the Spinney Hill, one of those 2 for a tenner places, but the front bar has a massive screen to watch the football, and we get a great bunch of lads in there , its a bit like Northamptons answer to the nags head, lots of p1ss taking as we have man utd, Liverpool,palace,everton,birmingham and especially me being QPR im getting it the most this year , the landlady has just got the sack which is great as she hates us , we organise our own football cards, meat raffles, card school, and other betting activities,
the place is dated but we have a good crack in there , bonus points for being a ten minute stagger home

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Your local pub on 00:44 - Jan 3 with 16075 viewswestberksr

Have a couple close by.

The George, right in the middle of the village (Lambourn) and a 5 minute walk home.was a shithole for the first 13 years we were here but then the brewery refurbed it to a good standard. Landlord was already based locally and had a mixed rep but has come good here. A few screens as the racing is always on & the rugby, football as required. Beers OK but nothing to write home about, but One of those that there is always someone you know and can just pop in and find someone to irritate.

http://www.arkells.com/george-hotel-lambourn.htm

Other one, The Hare, is 5 minutes drive and there is a 'Cheers' feel to it with the same 6-10 people in there most nights. Wish the food was better as I'd use it more often. Know the landlord well and go racing with him now & then.

Another 5 minutes away in other direction has been taken over by the social organiser for the village and so far has performed miracles in turning it back into the hub of the village. Another big racing and sporting pub, he also runs the local poker schools. Lives opposite the pub and has a football pitch in his front garden. I'll be there for a kick around tomorrow.

http://queensarmseastgarston.co.uk

Due to the racing community pretty much everything revolves around gambling and when it fi ishes on TV we often end up with very expensive games of spoof.
Your local pub on 01:25 - Jan 3 with 16042 viewsPunteR

Nearest pub to me is Peacock Farm which is more known as a restaurant but its owned by Badger Brewery so sells some decent beer. Has a nice pub garden that gets lively in summer.No football on a tv,pool or darts but do a quiz night every Monday.
Its a 5 min stumble home.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Your local pub (n/t) on 01:44 - Jan 3 with 16031 viewsBoston

The Copper Jug, Preston Rd at the junction with East Lane, Wembley. It is a cardboard box, with a cardboard bar, serves cardboard beer and has two small cardboard tv's. On the plus side, it is the only pub left in that area and as I now live 2,790 miles away I am usually sober by the time I get home.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 1:57]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Your local pub on 11:10 - Jan 3 with 15855 viewsbrewers_hoop

The Tollgate on Turnpike Lane, which mirrors my newly-changed avatar.

It's a Wetherspoons and full of dodgy geezers (those that haven't been banned) who automatically assume that anyone new in the pub is Old Bill. That said, most of 'em are a good craic - lots of reminiscing about bygone days spent nicking the poor box from the church and the lead off the roof.

In fairness, it's calmed down a bit of late - police only called to the boozer a couple of times a week these days. 😄
Login to get fewer ads

Your local pub on 11:37 - Jan 3 with 15806 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Annie's pub in Sunday's Well, Cork City.

Better known now as a really good restaurant. You can have a pint in there but you feel that you're in the way.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your local pub on 12:50 - Jan 3 with 15751 viewsDorse

The Fontmell - formerly The Crown. It has a stream running through it, has outdoor wood-fired pizza ovens and its own beer on pump called Mallyshag.

Seriously tasty on a Friday night. Last time I went, there was a MILF brawl over the last of the artisan honey and chilli glazed cashews.

'Leave it Oriana, she appears to have had a polite sufficiency!'
'No Hesquith, it simply wasn't cricket to take the last one without offering. I am of a good mind to give her the 3/16ths tread except I wouldn't want to besmirch my Kath Kidstons'.
'Quite right too, my dear. I believe we should say our goodbyes and take our leave before Her Majesty's finest arrive. Shall I warm up the Range Rover and bring in the dogs?'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Your local pub on 12:52 - Jan 3 with 15743 viewsBlackCrowe

Your local pub on 12:50 - Jan 3 by Dorse

The Fontmell - formerly The Crown. It has a stream running through it, has outdoor wood-fired pizza ovens and its own beer on pump called Mallyshag.

Seriously tasty on a Friday night. Last time I went, there was a MILF brawl over the last of the artisan honey and chilli glazed cashews.

'Leave it Oriana, she appears to have had a polite sufficiency!'
'No Hesquith, it simply wasn't cricket to take the last one without offering. I am of a good mind to give her the 3/16ths tread except I wouldn't want to besmirch my Kath Kidstons'.
'Quite right too, my dear. I believe we should say our goodbyes and take our leave before Her Majesty's finest arrive. Shall I warm up the Range Rover and bring in the dogs?'

Where's the Fontmell Dorse?

Your local pub on 12:54 - Jan 3 with 15732 viewsDorse

Your local pub on 12:52 - Jan 3 by BlackCrowe

Where's the Fontmell Dorse?

Fontmell Magna, twinned with Las Vegas.

Your local pub on 12:54 - Jan 3 with 15732 viewsMrSheen

Pig & Whistle, Sheen Lane. Smallish, fairly modern pub. Very low ceiling which makes it a bit gloomy. Until 3 or 4 years ago it was the home of shouty, fat yobs doing deals and offering outside, but a new landlord has smartened it up without going full gastro. Unfortunately Mrs Sheen knows his wife and doesn't like him so she refuses to let me go there.
Your local pub on 12:59 - Jan 3 with 15717 viewsloftboy

The most local.pub to.me.at the moment is the William.Twigg, those of you from Bracknell will know it very well!! I usually drink.in the old manor in Bracknell,used fo be a berni inn but now.a.wetherspoons.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Your local pub on 12:59 - Jan 3 with 15717 viewsBlackCrowe

Cor, lovely part of the world. Just come back from New Year's in Beaminster. Might have to relocate to that part of the world one day.

Your local pub on 13:00 - Jan 3 with 15711 viewsDorse

Your local pub on 12:54 - Jan 3 by MrSheen

Pig & Whistle, Sheen Lane. Smallish, fairly modern pub. Very low ceiling which makes it a bit gloomy. Until 3 or 4 years ago it was the home of shouty, fat yobs doing deals and offering outside, but a new landlord has smartened it up without going full gastro. Unfortunately Mrs Sheen knows his wife and doesn't like him so she refuses to let me go there.

Put your foot down. Tell her that, whilst she may be right, you would not be able to sleep without knowing you'd done everything you can to help him to change his ways. Now, this is a long process that must be handled with care - you can't rush it, otherwise it will only get worse. And if you don't have a few when you go in, he'll get suspicious. You're only thinking of her friend's happiness. It's for the best.

Your local pub on 13:06 - Jan 3 with 15697 viewsDorse

Your local pub on 12:59 - Jan 3 by BlackCrowe

Cor, lovely part of the world. Just come back from New Year's in Beaminster. Might have to relocate to that part of the world one day.

It is a nice place, I have to say. Lot of good friends here and we're pretty close to most things. Come on down. We'll lit the Wicker Man for you!

Your local pub on 13:12 - Jan 3 with 15678 viewsRickyDicky

Www.thefarriersarms.com

We Villagers bought the pub about six years ago when it was pretty well run down from enterprise inns. All locals, nice food and fantastic beer (I'm the head brewer !). Has a beer festival once a year.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Your local pub on 13:22 - Jan 3 with 15655 views18StoneOfHoop

Your local pub on 13:12 - Jan 3 by RickyDicky

Www.thefarriersarms.com

We Villagers bought the pub about six years ago when it was pretty well run down from enterprise inns. All locals, nice food and fantastic beer (I'm the head brewer !). Has a beer festival once a year.

Got bad grumpy new year blues at the moment,RickyDicky of the HomerHoops avatar.

Everywhere I go in W12,W10 and W11 are recently shutdown boozers.
Every pub death diminishes communities and saddens me.

Your post, head brewer, is a rare light in the gloom..

[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 14:38]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Your local pub on 14:19 - Jan 3 with 15585 viewsRickyDicky

Your local pub on 13:22 - Jan 3 by 18StoneOfHoop

Got bad grumpy new year blues at the moment,RickyDicky of the HomerHoops avatar.

Everywhere I go in W12,W10 and W11 are recently shutdown boozers.
Every pub death diminishes communities and saddens me.

Your post, head brewer, is a rare light in the gloom..

[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 14:38]

Glad to have lifted the dark...Happy New Year.

Your local pub on 14:53 - Jan 3 with 15515 viewsisawqpratwcity

Your local pub on 13:12 - Jan 3 by RickyDicky

Www.thefarriersarms.com

Error establishing a database connection

What I see when I try to connect to what came up on Bing:

The Farriers Arms
www.thefarriersarms.com

A warm welcome awaits you at our 17th Century oak-beamed Farriers Arms. This characterfull FREE HOUSE and restaurant provides a warm village welcome with good …

Of course, if it's just me then don't worry about it. I'm in Oz so it was only an idle browse.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Your local pub on 14:54 - Jan 3 with 15513 viewsNW10Hoop

I grew up around the corner from the Crown and Sceptre, so that, and the Orchard were my locals. Played in the pool team at O'Donoghues for a while too. And the majority of my visits to the pub are still in Shepher's Bush on match days.

But on the rare occasion that I pop out to my local now, it's either Tony's or the Rising Sun in Willesden
Your local pub on 15:17 - Jan 3 with 15465 viewsRickyDicky

Your local pub on 14:53 - Jan 3 by isawqpratwcity

Error establishing a database connection

What I see when I try to connect to what came up on Bing:

The Farriers Arms
www.thefarriersarms.com

A warm welcome awaits you at our 17th Century oak-beamed Farriers Arms. This characterfull FREE HOUSE and restaurant provides a warm village welcome with good …

Of course, if it's just me then don't worry about it. I'm in Oz so it was only an idle browse.

Yep, getting that too, just reported to the webmeister General.

Your local pub on 15:18 - Jan 3 with 15464 viewsMrSheen

Your local pub on 14:54 - Jan 3 by NW10Hoop

I grew up around the corner from the Crown and Sceptre, so that, and the Orchard were my locals. Played in the pool team at O'Donoghues for a while too. And the majority of my visits to the pub are still in Shepher's Bush on match days.

But on the rare occasion that I pop out to my local now, it's either Tony's or the Rising Sun in Willesden

I heard the Spotted Dog on Willesden High Road had gone. What about the Case and The Crown at the far end?
Your local pub on 15:25 - Jan 3 with 15453 viewsNW10Hoop

Your local pub on 15:18 - Jan 3 by MrSheen

I heard the Spotted Dog on Willesden High Road had gone. What about the Case and The Crown at the far end?

The Crown by the bus garage? Derelict. It was before I even moved to the area, and the Spotted Dog is now a Costa coffee. There's still seemsto be a decent amount of QPR fans in the area though. In my eyes, this and all the neighbouring parts of NW London shod be QPR territory.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024