Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey returns 14:10 - Jan 5 with 29906 viewsNorthernr

Well this should make for a fun afternoon on here...

CHRIS RAMSEY APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

Ramsey to head up new role within QPR Academy

CHRIS Ramsey has been appointed Technical Director at QPR.

Ramsey will be responsible for a variety of roles relating to coaching and player development.

The 53 year-old will oversee all aspects of coaching and coach education within the Academy, and be responsible for developing and implementing player development strategies.

He will also oversee the integration between the Academy, Development Squad and First Team, as well as focusing on the monitoring and reporting of players on loan to other clubs.

Ramsey will also develop and implement the scouting strategy to include the necessary processes and procedures to acquire players, and develop and implement club partnership programmes at both domestic and international level to facilitate greater market accessibility, exchange of best practice, and development / exit opportunities for players.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, explained why Ramsey — who was relinquished of his First Team duties in early November — is the ideal candidate for the role, commenting: “Whilst we were disappointed things didn’t work out with Chris at First Team level earlier in the season, we were determined to retain his services at QPR.

“As such, we actually put a clause in his contract which allowed us to retain Chris’s services in a player-development role should things not work out for him as Head Coach.

“Chris knows Academy football inside-out and having put the building blocks in place for a lot of the good restructuring work that’s been done here over the past 11 months, he can come in and make an instant impact in an environment he has helped build.”

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ramsey returns on 17:00 - Jan 6 with 2269 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey returns on 16:45 - Jan 6 by simmo

That Napoleon Dynamite GIF is amazing

Thanks Simmo, just trying to lighten the mood You old rascal. 6 Alcohol free days into January and the cracks are showing..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey returns on 17:02 - Jan 6 with 2259 viewssimmo

Rather you than me, mate... How anyone can commit to not drinking during QPR in the FA Cup 3rd round I don't know....
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 17:03]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramsey returns on 19:16 - Jan 6 with 2160 viewsMatch82

Ramsey returns on 16:19 - Jan 6 by Discodroids

Im sure there is.

Having explained my position on Ramsey in detail more time than there has been ' 'whats your favourite kfc krushem ?' threads, the time for Venn diagrams and Complicated algorithims has long since passed .Time to take the piss I feel.

There is certainly something about Ramsey that brings out childishness(in my case), and such sickening self righteousness and high minded Piety among some LFW posters, in equal measure, that it would make Stephen Fry violently vomit into his 17th century crushed velvet curtains when not tied around the neck of his young husband in search of hypoxia nirvana.

Goodbye, Mr chips.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 16:28]

I've seen this mythical KFC krushem thread mentioned more times on here than Chelsea have youngsters out on loan. I feel like I'm missing out, what the hell is a KFC krushem and why is this thread so famous? Or..wait - it's not some part of a dire plot to sell me a kitchen is it?
Ramsey returns on 19:25 - Jan 6 with 2144 viewsderbyhoop

With the exception of paulparker, and a small number of others, the fanbase is generally supportive of this move. Ramsey is back doing what he was originally employed to do. And in a job where he has been part of a successful team at Spurs. It became painfully obvious towards the end of his tenure as Head Coach that he was doing a job for which he was ill suited. But, in the Academy, he has a chance to take us forward - from a very low base.
My 2 quibbles are the amount of overlap between his stated role and those who are already in place. This is coupled with the apparent loss of Steve Gallen.
In an era of FFP I don't think we can afford duplication of effort and something has to give. With SG, I think we had a true QPR man who did an amazing job with very limited resources. I'm sure there are plenty of young QPR players and ex-QPR players who are better people because of the standards set by Gallen. To nurture the likes of Dean Parrett and Raheem Sterling in the early part of their career and generate a significant income from their departure, when our facilities are so poor and there were so few coaches on board, was an amazing result.
I hope we can accommodate both men and start making good on the promise of QPR developing more of their own players.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ramsey returns on 21:02 - Jan 6 with 2085 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey returns on 19:16 - Jan 6 by Match82

I've seen this mythical KFC krushem thread mentioned more times on here than Chelsea have youngsters out on loan. I feel like I'm missing out, what the hell is a KFC krushem and why is this thread so famous? Or..wait - it's not some part of a dire plot to sell me a kitchen is it?

It was a couple of years ago when a witty poster informed me that I am" a fkn boring cnt that posts fkn boring threads".

Now, i can accept that he/she may have a point, but thought it a little harsh given his/her complete lack of self awareness demonstrated by his/her own favourite KFC krushem Thread posted the day before(a tasty beverage sold at Kentucky fried Chicken outlets) , was the pinnacle of his/her offerings.

heres a list of runners and riders ;

Milkybar £1.99
Oreo £1.99
Strawberry Shortcake £1.99
Maltesers £1.99

mines oreo.
magic.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 21:05]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey returns on 21:36 - Jan 6 with 2049 viewsDorse

Ramsey returns on 21:02 - Jan 6 by Discodroids

It was a couple of years ago when a witty poster informed me that I am" a fkn boring cnt that posts fkn boring threads".

Now, i can accept that he/she may have a point, but thought it a little harsh given his/her complete lack of self awareness demonstrated by his/her own favourite KFC krushem Thread posted the day before(a tasty beverage sold at Kentucky fried Chicken outlets) , was the pinnacle of his/her offerings.

Milkybar £1.99
Oreo £1.99
Maltesers £1.99

mines oreo.
magic.

To quote Arnold J Rimmer, 'it's like putting your tackle into a lion's mouth and flicking his love spuds with a wet towel'.

Still, at least we didn't go off topic into a discussion of religion, the Labour front bench, foreigners or ISIS.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 21:38]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ramsey returns on 22:55 - Jan 6 with 1976 viewsMatch82

Ramsey returns on 21:02 - Jan 6 by Discodroids

Milkybar £1.99
Oreo £1.99
Maltesers £1.99

mines oreo.
magic.

Ah. Depending on a persons perspective I'm sure there are countless adjectives to describe your posts, from entertaining, to rambling, to flat out insane. But "boring" is perhaps the last word I would have thought of!
Ramsey returns on 23:12 - Jan 6 with 1958 viewsClive_Anderson

Is Ramsey any good at being a technical director? This isn't a sarky comment I'm genuinely interested.

I know he was at Spurs for a decade, but imagine he was a small cog in a large backroom team. Also Spurs were considered a graveyard for young players for years (John Bostock, Dean Parrett etc. etc.) and have only just started to overcome that recently.

I remember being told how amazing Mike Rigg was a few years ago.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 23:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey returns on 23:51 - Jan 6 with 1921 viewsRBlock

Ramsey returns on 16:05 - Jan 6 by paulparker

Spurs are playing Kane, Rose & Mason that 3 players,

if you sell 5 or 6 of your best players without re investing you tend to struggle

Because it would have meant we stopped scoring, and therefore stopped winning even occasionally, which is exactly what has happened.

we Won 2 games out of the Four with Warnock conceding 1 goal , how is that not winning games

Tommy Carroll is now starting league games for them, and playing very well.

That boy got an unreal amount of stick during his time here, when he is a actually a very decent footballer. Plays a certain role very well in a balanced team and organised team. Not going to look good in any ragtag Redknapp team, where the sole tactic is "get it in the mixer and see what the boy Charlie can do".

Also there is winning games, and then winning against Reading because Al-Habsi completely lost his shit.
Ramsey returns on 09:25 - Jan 7 with 1844 viewsBlue_Castello

Ramsey returns on 19:25 - Jan 6 by derbyhoop

With the exception of paulparker, and a small number of others, the fanbase is generally supportive of this move. Ramsey is back doing what he was originally employed to do. And in a job where he has been part of a successful team at Spurs. It became painfully obvious towards the end of his tenure as Head Coach that he was doing a job for which he was ill suited. But, in the Academy, he has a chance to take us forward - from a very low base.
My 2 quibbles are the amount of overlap between his stated role and those who are already in place. This is coupled with the apparent loss of Steve Gallen.
In an era of FFP I don't think we can afford duplication of effort and something has to give. With SG, I think we had a true QPR man who did an amazing job with very limited resources. I'm sure there are plenty of young QPR players and ex-QPR players who are better people because of the standards set by Gallen. To nurture the likes of Dean Parrett and Raheem Sterling in the early part of their career and generate a significant income from their departure, when our facilities are so poor and there were so few coaches on board, was an amazing result.
I hope we can accommodate both men and start making good on the promise of QPR developing more of their own players.

Agreed hopefully this thread will now disappear into the ether and Ramsey can get on with his job in the background.

In between all this debate about Ramsey's merits as a youth team coach the main point for me is that in the Summer we finally offered a sensible contract to an employee, if he wasn't good enough at his new job he went back to his old job and didn't get a ridiculously large sum as a pay off.

As everybody on here has been banging on for so long about the poor financial management it is more evidence that Lee Hoos knows what he's doing, the money just does not exist anymore we are trying to balance the books in preparation for that nightmare FFP.
Ramsey returns on 09:56 - Jan 7 with 1818 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 23:51 - Jan 6 by RBlock

Tommy Carroll is now starting league games for them, and playing very well.

That boy got an unreal amount of stick during his time here, when he is a actually a very decent footballer. Plays a certain role very well in a balanced team and organised team. Not going to look good in any ragtag Redknapp team, where the sole tactic is "get it in the mixer and see what the boy Charlie can do".

Also there is winning games, and then winning against Reading because Al-Habsi completely lost his shit.

err you still have to win the game and you still have to keep a clean sheet , no ? that's the point of football that you score more than the opposition , we won the game it makes me laugh that people are irked that Warnock got us 7 points out of the 12

as for tom Carroll he has played a few games for Spurs , lets no go to overboard , lets see where he is in 12 months time, also he got stick here as he wasn't very good,
its like Ryan Mason he has been at about 6 clubs on loan and didn't do the business at any of them until Pocchertinio got a hold of him , lets not re write history as Carroll wasn't all that when he was playing for us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 10:21 - Jan 7 with 1793 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsey returns on 09:56 - Jan 7 by paulparker

err you still have to win the game and you still have to keep a clean sheet , no ? that's the point of football that you score more than the opposition , we won the game it makes me laugh that people are irked that Warnock got us 7 points out of the 12

as for tom Carroll he has played a few games for Spurs , lets no go to overboard , lets see where he is in 12 months time, also he got stick here as he wasn't very good,
its like Ryan Mason he has been at about 6 clubs on loan and didn't do the business at any of them until Pocchertinio got a hold of him , lets not re write history as Carroll wasn't all that when he was playing for us

There's no getting past the fact that Warnock got 7 points out of twelve. Of course, with such a small sample (n=4) anomalies like the Reading result can easily throw the evaluation. Would you like to include the four games that Warnock was 'advising' Ramsey in the sample to get something more statistically valid?

Those four games with Ramsey and Warnock together make it much harder for the "Bring Back Neil" brigade to weave a narrative.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ramsey returns on 10:33 - Jan 7 with 1775 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey returns on 09:25 - Jan 7 by Blue_Castello

Agreed hopefully this thread will now disappear into the ether and Ramsey can get on with his job in the background.

In between all this debate about Ramsey's merits as a youth team coach the main point for me is that in the Summer we finally offered a sensible contract to an employee, if he wasn't good enough at his new job he went back to his old job and didn't get a ridiculously large sum as a pay off.

As everybody on here has been banging on for so long about the poor financial management it is more evidence that Lee Hoos knows what he's doing, the money just does not exist anymore we are trying to balance the books in preparation for that nightmare FFP.

But surely that's missing the key issue here - Ramsey didn't want to come back!

He tried to get the LMA to help him get compensation and then tried to get another job.

He's only now come back due to contractual obligation - how committed is he really going to be in a role that requires long term vision?

So the fact he didn't want to come back, combined with the fact we appointed Suckling to assist Ferdinand while he has head coach and now have a surplus of people in overlapping roles make this an odd move in my book.

I can't see this situation lasting very long to be honest, he'll quietly shuffle off next summer i think.
Ramsey returns on 10:42 - Jan 7 with 1756 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 10:21 - Jan 7 by isawqpratwcity

There's no getting past the fact that Warnock got 7 points out of twelve. Of course, with such a small sample (n=4) anomalies like the Reading result can easily throw the evaluation. Would you like to include the four games that Warnock was 'advising' Ramsey in the sample to get something more statistically valid?

Those four games with Ramsey and Warnock together make it much harder for the "Bring Back Neil" brigade to weave a narrative.

I didn't say Bring back Neil, im very happy with JFH
I just find it laughable that some on here find it so hard to give credit to NW , they hate it that he came and just 4 games had QPR better organised than the 9 months under sir chris ever did,

also advising and actually managing the team are two completely different things,
because one person advises the other doesn't mean the other bloke takes any notice
I remember Harry advising Graham Rix one time at Pompey, they didn't get the results and rix never took Harrys advice until Harry took charge of the team ,
if you look at the history of football an advisor to the manager rarely works in football
we all know TF appointed NW to take over when CR got the sack

at the end of the day Ramsey wasn't hard done by, he wasn't up to it, we played awful football, a shambles at the back and so on, he is an average coach, and a poor manager
lets face it if he could he would take the club and there contract and take the 3 years money , only for once the club were smart, and Ramsey is coming reluctantly in an old job , and if he would have had other others he would have taken them,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 10:47 - Jan 7 with 1744 viewsBlue_Castello

Ramsey returns on 10:33 - Jan 7 by adhoc_qpr

But surely that's missing the key issue here - Ramsey didn't want to come back!

He tried to get the LMA to help him get compensation and then tried to get another job.

He's only now come back due to contractual obligation - how committed is he really going to be in a role that requires long term vision?

So the fact he didn't want to come back, combined with the fact we appointed Suckling to assist Ferdinand while he has head coach and now have a surplus of people in overlapping roles make this an odd move in my book.

I can't see this situation lasting very long to be honest, he'll quietly shuffle off next summer i think.

Very true reading the Times article it doesn't sounding like he will be as totally committed as before, if he's seeking compensation it doesn't sound like he really wants to stay.

That said I still think it was a smart move by the club when issuing his contract, if he had an ordinary contract then we would have had to pay him 2.5 years worth of money, I don't think he was that expensive but nobody comes cheap in the crazy world of commercial football.

At least this way he has to earn the money we are paying him until he finds another job and somehow he doesn't come across as the sort of person who won't give 100% whilst he's still at the club, but you never know there we've been taken for a ride by an assortment of players and managers over the last 4 years.......
Ramsey returns on 10:47 - Jan 7 with 1744 viewssimmo

Of course the wonderful Warnock is now continuing to be a 'legend' by discussing how QPR have mis-managed the Austin situation and other helpful tidbits.

Ramsey returns on 10:49 - Jan 7 with 1733 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey returns on 10:42 - Jan 7 by paulparker

I just find it laughable that some on here find it so hard to give credit to NW , they hate it that he came and just 4 games had QPR better organised than the 9 months under sir chris ever did,

also advising and actually managing the team are two completely different things,
because one person advises the other doesn't mean the other bloke takes any notice
I remember Harry advising Graham Rix one time at Pompey, they didn't get the results and rix never took Harrys advice until Harry took charge of the team ,
if you look at the history of football an advisor to the manager rarely works in football

at the end of the day Ramsey wasn't hard done by, he wasn't up to it, we played awful football, a shambles at the back and so on, he is an average coach, and a poor manager
lets face it if he could he would take the club and there contract and take the 3 years money , only for once the club were smart, and Ramsey is coming reluctantly in an old job , and if he would have had other others he would have taken them,

It is quite ironic that many of the people who said you can't blame/judge Ramsey for our performances under him in the prem as he inherited a mess mid-season - are now judging JFH for the performances of the rubbish team he inherited mid-season...
Ramsey returns on 11:13 - Jan 7 with 1702 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 10:47 - Jan 7 by simmo

Of course the wonderful Warnock is now continuing to be a 'legend' by discussing how QPR have mis-managed the Austin situation and other helpful tidbits.

He is a legend to me , he managed to keep us up & in his first season he won us a league title , playing brilliant football and managing the biggest pain in the arse maverick to play to his potential
still what do I know because on this MB the bloke is a crook, a snitch , dinosaur , oh and gets lucky wins

Ramsey returns on 11:23 - Jan 7 with 1688 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsey returns on 10:42 - Jan 7 by paulparker

"also advising and actually managing the team are two completely different things,
because one person advises the other doesn't mean the other bloke takes any notice"

Fair enough, but that means that it was Ramsey that stopped the porous defence (and in doing so, pretty much dried up the attack, too) as I've been saying all along. We went from a profligate and high-scoring side to a mean, one-goal-either-way side (one 3-0 win apart) within two days of Neil's appointment. Looks a lot more like Neil copped a free ride off Ramsey's coat-tails.

Ramsey returns on 11:36 - Jan 7 with 1656 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 11:23 - Jan 7 by isawqpratwcity

"also advising and actually managing the team are two completely different things,
because one person advises the other doesn't mean the other bloke takes any notice"

Fair enough, but that means that it was Ramsey that stopped the porous defence (and in doing so, pretty much dried up the attack, too) as I've been saying all along. We went from a profligate and high-scoring side to a mean, one-goal-either-way side (one 3-0 win apart) within two days of Neil's appointment. Looks a lot more like Neil copped a free ride off Ramsey's coat-tails.

I cant be arsed anymore

NW riding Ramsey's coattails , I've heard it all now

Ramsey returns on 11:36 - Jan 7 with 1656 viewssimmo

Ramsey returns on 11:13 - Jan 7 by paulparker

He is a legend to me , he managed to keep us up & in his first season he won us a league title , playing brilliant football and managing the biggest pain in the arse maverick to play to his potential
still what do I know because on this MB the bloke is a crook, a snitch , dinosaur , oh and gets lucky wins

I love him as well for what he did, always will. I just wish he left it there TBH...

EDIT: Actually that's not quite true, I wish he was properly backed post promotion and given the chance to build the team he wanted. But as that didn;t happen, I would have preferred to remember him purely for the good.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 11:37]

Ramsey returns on 11:47 - Jan 7 with 1644 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 11:36 - Jan 7 by simmo

I love him as well for what he did, always will. I just wish he left it there TBH...

EDIT: Actually that's not quite true, I wish he was properly backed post promotion and given the chance to build the team he wanted. But as that didn;t happen, I would have preferred to remember him purely for the good.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 11:37]

The bloke was stitched up twice, once by Tango & Cash & then By TF
I would feel aggrieved as well if i had done the job NW had done and then dumped
maybe he felt he had unfinished business , maybe he cares for the club

Rodney Marsh, Mark Lazerus, Paul Parker , Kevin Gallen , have all spoken against the club at some point or other they were legends who cared, why cant NW

Ramsey returns on 11:50 - Jan 7 with 1633 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsey returns on 11:36 - Jan 7 by paulparker

I cant be arsed anymore

NW riding Ramsey's coattails , I've heard it all now

Warnock didn't affect Ramsey's management and the grudging form before the management change continued afterwards, but that's not down to Ramsey?

Make up your f*cking mind!

Ramsey returns on 11:59 - Jan 7 with 1614 viewssimmo

Ramsey returns on 11:47 - Jan 7 by paulparker

The bloke was stitched up twice, once by Tango & Cash & then By TF
I would feel aggrieved as well if i had done the job NW had done and then dumped
maybe he felt he had unfinished business , maybe he cares for the club

Rodney Marsh, Mark Lazerus, Paul Parker , Kevin Gallen , have all spoken against the club at some point or other they were legends who cared, why cant NW

I just think the 2nd time he came to us, it was more self serving than anything else. I think he had an agenda within QPR to manufacture himself the position he wanted and when he couldn’t get it, I think he overstepped the mark in other ways. Don't get me wrong it hasn’t tarnished my opinion of him overall — like you I will always love him for that season he gave us. But I’m also not going to romanticise his recent performances or the way he went about things. I can both condemn his recent actions whilst respecting what he means to us.

Ramsey returns on 12:06 - Jan 7 with 1601 viewsTheBlob

When Neil returned again there was a spring in the step,a glimpse of the radiant orb behind glowering banks of cloud presaged warmth and light.
But now the doom has rolled back in,the icy blast of a seemingly endless winter has returned.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024