Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey returns 14:10 - Jan 5 with 29816 viewsNorthernr

Well this should make for a fun afternoon on here...

CHRIS RAMSEY APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

Ramsey to head up new role within QPR Academy

CHRIS Ramsey has been appointed Technical Director at QPR.

Ramsey will be responsible for a variety of roles relating to coaching and player development.

The 53 year-old will oversee all aspects of coaching and coach education within the Academy, and be responsible for developing and implementing player development strategies.

He will also oversee the integration between the Academy, Development Squad and First Team, as well as focusing on the monitoring and reporting of players on loan to other clubs.

Ramsey will also develop and implement the scouting strategy to include the necessary processes and procedures to acquire players, and develop and implement club partnership programmes at both domestic and international level to facilitate greater market accessibility, exchange of best practice, and development / exit opportunities for players.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, explained why Ramsey — who was relinquished of his First Team duties in early November — is the ideal candidate for the role, commenting: “Whilst we were disappointed things didn’t work out with Chris at First Team level earlier in the season, we were determined to retain his services at QPR.

“As such, we actually put a clause in his contract which allowed us to retain Chris’s services in a player-development role should things not work out for him as Head Coach.

“Chris knows Academy football inside-out and having put the building blocks in place for a lot of the good restructuring work that’s been done here over the past 11 months, he can come in and make an instant impact in an environment he has helped build.”

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ramsey returns on 15:50 - Jan 5 with 2412 viewsPinnerPaul

Ramsey returns on 14:54 - Jan 5 by stevec

I'm spiraling into a pit of despair.

Happy fckin new year, if you can call it that.

"Slightly" ott!
Ramsey returns on 15:52 - Jan 5 with 2405 viewslave16

Ramsey returns on 15:38 - Jan 5 by Rangersw12

The one thing he is good at is working with youngsters therefore this should be greeted as a good appointment

Sadly I think we will be getting threads after every bad youth result now

I hope he can achieve what he achieved at spurs... with our youuth team (kane etc)... and I hope people recognise it may take him a few years to achieve that.... and that we don't get tiger tim in and try to recreate the 3 musketeers...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Ramsey returns on 15:56 - Jan 5 with 2380 viewsRangersw12

Ramsey returns on 15:30 - Jan 5 by paulparker

I don't but Its pretty obvious as he isn't working anywhere else is he
If he was that great at Spurs why have they not gone for him again

would you be a manger where you work then after 9 months of getting the sack go back to the same firm but in a demoted role even if you had other others elsewhere

We put a clause in the contract so we can retain his services if it didn't work out as 1st team coach
Ramsey returns on 15:58 - Jan 5 with 2368 viewsLoft1979

Ramsey returns on 15:10 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

A man who has been in football for probably nearly forty year. Has experience of a wide variety of roles at different levels of the pyramid and has all the qualifications for this role.

I hope he will have learn't even more about football after having time to reflect on his experiences here, so far.

Welcome back Chris. Unfortunately, the hostility hasn't got much better!

Chris pretty back in his old job, previously where he was being praised.
Should never have been given the 3 year deal. Anyway good luck Chris and QPR.
Ramsey returns on 16:10 - Jan 5 with 2324 viewsNov77

Ramsey returns on 15:52 - Jan 5 by lave16

I hope he can achieve what he achieved at spurs... with our youuth team (kane etc)... and I hope people recognise it may take him a few years to achieve that.... and that we don't get tiger tim in and try to recreate the 3 musketeers...

Why is Kane's emergence down to Ramsey?
with that logic Raheem sterling is all down to Steve Gallen, the guy who is now out of a job.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ramsey returns on 16:15 - Jan 5 with 2298 viewsDorse

I'm glad he's back. All of his best work has been at Academy / Development level. It would be a shame to lose his input. A manager he wasn't, but on a day to day basis working with young players? I think he'd be a good fit. Colour me clappy.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ramsey returns on 16:18 - Jan 5 with 2286 viewsMatch82

Ramsey returns on 15:58 - Jan 5 by Loft1979

Chris pretty back in his old job, previously where he was being praised.
Should never have been given the 3 year deal. Anyway good luck Chris and QPR.

If I've interpreted les correctly, he had a clause in said 3 year contract which says he would get reassigned if the club didn't feel it was working out as first team coach.

In which case he wasn't given a 3 year contract as manager at all, he was given a 3 year contract at the club, in the knowledge that he could be put back into a role that he had been successful in, and given a chance at proving himself as manager.

Perhaps I'm naive but isn't this unexpectedly and encouragingly shrewd by the club, for once?
Ramsey returns on 16:28 - Jan 5 with 2233 viewsDejR_vu

He seems to be reasonably well thought of in football circles if we are to believe what we are told, so on that basis it must be a positive to have him back in a different role. But, how motivated is he likely to be and how much credibility does he have within the club? And what is LF going to do, sit in his office all day, feet on desk, smoking cigars?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey returns on 16:32 - Jan 5 with 2216 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey returns on 16:28 - Jan 5 by DejR_vu

He seems to be reasonably well thought of in football circles if we are to believe what we are told, so on that basis it must be a positive to have him back in a different role. But, how motivated is he likely to be and how much credibility does he have within the club? And what is LF going to do, sit in his office all day, feet on desk, smoking cigars?

I've never actually heard anyone who isn't from our club hierarchy praising Ramsey's coaching ability and reputation
Ramsey returns on 16:38 - Jan 5 with 2192 viewskernowhoop

Ramsey returns on 14:34 - Jan 5 by exiled_dictator

now stop that, you.
no sensible challenging questions allowed here.
just remember we are working the fernandes way.
heads they win, tails we lose.
damned if we do; damned if we don't.
last ten minutes, the legs go and we concede an equaliser, then we go on to lose.

soon there will be rumours of the 75/76 team being signed up, as they are 'names' with experience.

That would be good. Unfortunately, two are dead, one is losing his sight and another has Alzheimer's disease. The rest are probably OK, albeit a little older than the average SkyBet Championship player. Experienced, though.
Ramsey returns on 16:45 - Jan 5 with 2150 viewsHunterhoop

Ramsey returns on 16:32 - Jan 5 by adhoc_qpr

I've never actually heard anyone who isn't from our club hierarchy praising Ramsey's coaching ability and reputation

Then you didn't read the Football League paper's doubled page article on him from back in Aug/Sept.

I don't see what the fuss is. He wasn't sacked. If he was we'd have had to pay off his contract. We didn't. He's not been sacked and rehired. He was removed from his post, and after some time, given his previous post back. One which we were all fairly happy he was in in the first place.

The Les Reed comparison is perfectly reasonable.
Ramsey returns on 16:52 - Jan 5 with 2128 viewsQPRDave

Weeping Quim......Is that a pus-y?!
Ramsey returns on 16:55 - Jan 5 with 2114 viewsQPRDave

Ramsey returns on 15:56 - Jan 5 by Rangersw12

We put a clause in the contract so we can retain his services if it didn't work out as 1st team coach

Confident then, ....he would fail
Ramsey returns on 16:58 - Jan 5 with 2092 viewsActonOccident

Any chance this is a ray of hope for Gallen? I'm sure Ramsey mentioned on the podcast that he has positive history with Steve at some point.
Ramsey returns on 17:04 - Jan 5 with 2055 viewsDannyPaddox

Ramsey returns on 15:10 - Jan 5 by Jamie

From the state of some of the weeping quims in here, you'd think Rambo was going to be picking the team, before undertaking a Caligula-esque orgy with everyone's wives around the back of the Loft whilst the game goes on, rather than being reappointed to the job he was unwisely overpromoted from.

And let's be honest, at QPR, "academy director" holds less responsibility and gravitas than PA to the tealady.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 15:11]

" a Caligula-esque orgy" !?

So ... Ramsey back in control by the spring with Ruud Van Nistelrooy his assistant.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 17:06]
Ramsey returns on 17:06 - Jan 5 with 2044 viewsRangersw12

Ramsey returns on 16:55 - Jan 5 by QPRDave

Confident then, ....he would fail

No different to players having relegation clauses
Ramsey returns on 17:10 - Jan 5 with 2024 viewsHendonHoop

I'm so glad that the Club has now gone all "Technical". I can now sleep easy. Surely the good times are just around the corner after this stunning news. In the words of dear old Arthur Daley, " Awww mah good gawd Terrence !!"
Ramsey returns on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 1949 viewsTacticalR

Ramsey returns on 15:10 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

A man who has been in football for probably nearly forty year. Has experience of a wide variety of roles at different levels of the pyramid and has all the qualifications for this role.

I hope he will have learn't even more about football after having time to reflect on his experiences here, so far.

Welcome back Chris. Unfortunately, the hostility hasn't got much better!

'A man who has been in football for probably nearly forty year.'

Man and boy.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey returns on 17:47 - Jan 5 with 1918 viewsDeepcutHoop

Ramsey returns on 16:45 - Jan 5 by Hunterhoop

Then you didn't read the Football League paper's doubled page article on him from back in Aug/Sept.

I don't see what the fuss is. He wasn't sacked. If he was we'd have had to pay off his contract. We didn't. He's not been sacked and rehired. He was removed from his post, and after some time, given his previous post back. One which we were all fairly happy he was in in the first place.

This, there's a lot of windmilling going on at the moment.
Ramsey returns on 17:49 - Jan 5 with 1911 viewsdaveB

Ramsey has been under contract with us so not been able to find a new job, sounds like a sensible clause put in his contract.

It's a role he is very good at so makes sense to try and keep him on. I'd have liked to have seen Gallen stay as well but not sure what he could do now as most positions have been filled.

One thing that will work against Ramsey other than fans moaning is that when he was manager he didn't bring kids through this season and basically ignored them so going to be tough to convince players they have a chance to break through when thats not something he did.
Ramsey returns on 17:49 - Jan 5 with 1911 viewsR_from_afar

Ramsey returns on 16:18 - Jan 5 by Match82

If I've interpreted les correctly, he had a clause in said 3 year contract which says he would get reassigned if the club didn't feel it was working out as first team coach.

In which case he wasn't given a 3 year contract as manager at all, he was given a 3 year contract at the club, in the knowledge that he could be put back into a role that he had been successful in, and given a chance at proving himself as manager.

Perhaps I'm naive but isn't this unexpectedly and encouragingly shrewd by the club, for once?

Heresy like that will see you marched straight to the ducking stool, do not pass "Go"!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ramsey returns on 18:11 - Jan 5 with 1868 viewsFloridaR

Ramsey returns on 17:10 - Jan 5 by HendonHoop

I'm so glad that the Club has now gone all "Technical". I can now sleep easy. Surely the good times are just around the corner after this stunning news. In the words of dear old Arthur Daley, " Awww mah good gawd Terrence !!"

' Technical '
This is the most important part that's sailing past people congratulating him coming back.
If he designs the way the club plays from youth academy to 1st team then this is very worrying, especially if Clubs going down his version of 4-2-3-1 in the future.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Ramsey returns on 18:17 - Jan 5 with 1849 viewsGloryHunter

"Exit opportunities for players" - that should keep him busy.
Ramsey returns on 18:34 - Jan 5 with 1801 viewsCamberleyR

Ramsey returns on 16:45 - Jan 5 by Hunterhoop

As is the Neil Adams comparison at Norwich. He went back to what he did before after being relieved of the first team coaching duties last season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ramsey returns on 18:54 - Jan 5 with 1753 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Have no evidence for this, but suspect Ramsay's contract had holes big enough to drive a 737 through and he's basically got his lawyers to tell them if he isnt given another job within the club he'll tear them a new one in the courts. We already have/had good poeple covering this supposed role... Incompetence anyone? Rare at QPR (shakes head and walks off into the sea, fully clothed..)

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024